Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil reviews

4.4/5 - 145 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic).

8 oz. Organic Jojoba Oil
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Got rid of flakes
Reviewed on January 28, 2016

After doing the regime for 3 months, I still had horrible dryness and flakiness around my chin and cheeks. And that's only using the BP once a day. So I bought this oil to help with the dryness and burning every time I apply the BP. The stuff works great! I work a couple of drops in with Dan's moisturizer and apply right after the shower. It completely got rid of the flakes and the burning feel from the BP. Thank goodness!

I'm obsessed with this stuff!
Reviewed on December 12, 2015

I'm in my 40's and have developed a problem with dry fingernails that split vertically. I finally got online and saw that one of the things recommended for this common middle-age problem (right along with dry skin, hair, etc) is jojoba oil! I remembered that I had a bottle of it in my cupboard, purchased from Acne.org quite a few years back, but long forgotten. Now it's my favorite thing!. I've been using it several times a day on my nails/cuticles for about a month and they no longer crack and have a nice sheen to them. I've also re-discovered how amazing it feels on my face and neck--not at all oily feeling, but more velvety. I even got my husband (not normally interested in health/beauty products) hooked on it. He is using it after shaving, and rubbed into his beard (if he takes a break from shaving). No more dry skin and "face dandruff" from shaving. I'm even buying some for my 81 year-old mom for Christmas to soothe her dry skin and soften her hair. You do not have to have acne to LOVE this product! One suggestion: to make a smaller, travel-size bottle that can be tucked into a purse or a desk drawer. I created my own by pouring some into a clean medicine-dropper bottle, and keep it in my desk drawer at work.

by 278885_1443948144 on 12/12/2015 22:10
Oh, and I love the smell too!
Great body and lip moisturizer
Reviewed on December 4, 2015

Jojoba oil is great as a body and lip moisturizer. I don't use it too much on my face because it feels a bit too oily for me, but I like the texture when I apply it elsewhere.

Amazing if used PRIOR to the BP
Reviewed on November 10, 2015

This has been a live saver! At first I used it mixed in with the moisturizer but it still left me flaky and oily! So instead, I used it after I wash and pat dry, I rub a few drops into my skin and it removed any leftover flakes, sinks in, and makes my skin feel soothed. It absorbs fully this way rather than hanging out onto of my skin and leaving me slick. Then I wait about 15-20 mins and apply the BP. No longer is my skin dry and tight. Thank you, Dan!

by oyinkan98 on 11/10/2015 01:44
Before BP?
by Janie46 on 11/18/2015 00:54
Yes before. I use maybe three or four drops and gently smooth into skin, waiting until it is mostly absorbed. Then I use the BP. It helps with the stinging sensation and the dryness. I know that's not what Dan says to do, but it works for me.
by Jason16 on 01/05/2016 20:41
Did you still use it as well to mix in with the moisturizer?
Best multi-purpose cleanser for acne-prone older adult skin
Reviewed on September 12, 2015

Nothing could be simpler -- a squirt on a soft, wet washcloth for gentle makeup removal, pre-shampoo conditioner, and skin cleansing, head to toe. I do avoid getting it near my eyes, but everywhere else it is a thorough cleanser that leaves my skin feeling healthy and moisturized. It will rub off after contact with clothing fabric (no staining noted in 5+ years of use) so I follow up with rich body lotion on arms and legs, but I don't need facial moisturizer at all -- even though I'm well over 50!

seeing how this works...
Reviewed on July 27, 2015

I've been using jojoba oil for one week. I am using a different brand-"now" organic jojoba, so I don't have any issues with a leaky cap! Haha.

I just switched up my face wash routine to try to use natural remedies for my persistent acne instead of other medicines. I still have a benzoyl wash that I'm using occasionally since I didn't want to throw it away. I've just been rinsing my face with water and sometimes using the benzoyl wash. Then let's my face dry and apply the jojoba oil. Every 3 days I am using a turmeric wash also.

I am breaking out more, but I want to give it time to see if it will improve. I'll update again in a month or so.

it is super soft and nice though..great for lips!

Good Stuff!
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

You can't go wrong with 100% organic jojoba oil. It does the job!

Effective, versatile, good quality, great bargain...
Reviewed on April 16, 2015

First, I have to admit that I have never been a fan of using jojoba oil 'neat' (meaning pure, without mixing/cutting with another product). This jojoba oil smells nutty, but that is an inherent characteristic, and it dissipates quickly, so I can deal with that. I bought it to enhance my moisturizer (CeraVe PM) and to test out for eye make-up removal. I find it works well for both. I use a small amount and apply it to my eye lashes (very carefully, as not to get it into my eyes), and general eye area targeting my eye make-up. I then use the Acne.org facial cleanser to wash my face. Despite having to go back and wipe away some residual mascara around the lashes (this is typical no matter what method I've tried), the jojoba oil is very gentle, and it is easy to wipe the eye area clean.

This is a stellar product addition to my skin care routine, but use sparingly and see how it sits with your skin. The price is very good considering the amount and that it is organic.

not for everyone
Reviewed on April 13, 2015

i used jojoba once before for added moisture as i found my face very dry in the summer time. My skin was very clear using Acne.org regime and wanted to add this as a kick start.... i used it for 3 weeks and had to stop as it created horrible cystic acne on my face. My acne is generally very severe when not using anything however the jojoba immediately caused me to break out with the worse kind of acne reaction. Unfortunately.... this is not for everybody.

easy way to intensify any moisturizer
Reviewed on March 29, 2015