Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 308 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
3.4 oz. Moisturizer
Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Finally something with licorice root extract!
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

Not to mention the great price for so much product, I finally found something with licorice root! I learned that licorice root helps break down the melanin in your hyperpigmentation so I'm glad that Dan has products with it. Currently testing the scar fading abilities though. The moisturizing properties itself probably isn't the best for dry skin peeps. But I think of this product as almost a treatment than a moisturizer. I usually pair it with another product or sunscreen etc. It doesn't break me out at all and absorbs nicely, and I don't find my skin becoming oily at all anymore which is an amazing sign, since I also use sunscreen everyday and somehow that's absorbed too! I can't wait to see if my hyperpigmentation does fade, but for now it is a harmless product that will do it's job.

Horrible
Reviewed on June 25, 2015

This moisturizer did the complete opposite than it's supposed to do. My skin somehow became an oil slick, but flaky, itchy and irritated at the same time!! The regimen is amazing but honestly this moisturizer needs to be fixed. And the smell is just... A no.

Great moisturizer
Reviewed on June 12, 2015

This is my daily moisturizer and has been for years.

This product absorbs very quickly. It leaves my skin with a matte finish when it absorbs and dries. It is not heavy and yet it does a good job of hydrating your basic day to day skin. It does not clog pores. It does not feel oily. It can color a white shirt if you are not careful which is just about the only negative I can come up with. Sometimes in the dead of winter when my skin is extra dry I supplement with a heavier duty moisturizer (philosophy's hope in a jar). However, this moisturizer can keep up even in some of the colder drier times of the year. I love this product.

is it suitable for oily skin?
Reviewed on June 12, 2015

I have oily skin but I don't have many acne just 1 or 2 small only once in a while. I've been using this moisturizer for 2 days, and it seems that my T-zone is still oily and some part of my face look greasy. What I want to ask is whether this moisturizer can dry out my oily face or not or it's too oily for me. Can somebody answer my question please? Thanks in advance.

Moisturizer should Replenish the moisture and nutrients of the skin...not to make it dry, red, flaky, and itchy :(
Reviewed on June 5, 2015

I've been using the regimen for 4 weeks now. For 2 weeks my face is at worst. Red, flaky, and itchy. On the 3rd week i expected that the peeling, redness will be gone but nope...didn't happen :( my acne cleared up a bit though so i know that the regimen is working. I went back to the website to read reviews and see if there is something wrong about the regimen or good advices to do to improve my skin condition. I read reviews about how bad the moisturizer is so for 3 days, I decided not to use the moisturizer and find an alternative moisturizer. My red flaky, itchy skin got better and my acne is getting better. No more new breakouts. My advice... Use the cleanser and the BP and ditch the moisturizer. It's just bad :(

Renders The Regimen Unsuccessful and Damages Legitimacy of Dan Kern
Reviewed on June 3, 2015

So unbelievably bad.

I made the mistake in thinking that I was using too much BP at the start, until i realised it was this awful stuff.

Firstly, In an attempt to recover my skin I stopped using BP for a couple of days and continued with the moisturiser - thats when i realised this product was problem. My skin was just as dry and flaky as before, especially around my mouth, making it almost impossible to eat without completely tearing the skin on my chin and upper lip area. My cheeks and forehead were crazy flaky/dry too.

Now i'm left searching for an alternative to use with The Regimen.

It's so upsetting as I thought I had finally found something I could truly stick to and trust, but it's not the case.

Plus without sounding too dramatic, I feel as though since this product is still available to be purchased and is still being sold, let alone being sold without a warning - it takes away from the legitimacy and good nature of this whole organisation/website and Dan Kern himself.

With so many bad reviews and complaints it would be impossible for Dan to just 'not realise' that for most people this is an awful product and we hate it; meaning he's just turning a blind eye to the whole situation.

I just don't see why? To make the most money out of it as you can to recoup research and development costs?

Or has Dan finally come to the point where he just doesn't care about helping people anymore?

I don't know. Im just upset that he hasn't even addressed this situation and he's pretending everything's okay.

by Smooth_As_A_Babies_Butt on 06/12/2015 09:56
I don't know. I do realize there are a lot of negative reviews, but for me I don't understand why. I love the product. I was a user of both this and his old moisturizer (the runny white one). I would say the yellow moisturizer is considerably better for me at least. The white moisturizer was too thin in my opinion and sometimes did not absorb that well. It also burned. Time after time of applying the BP and the white moisturizer my skin would be somewhat red and raw feeling. I find the current moisturizer to be a huge improvement on the old one. I also find it to be better then jaguar about anything out there. I like a lite and thin moisturizer for day to day when I am not super dry.
Reviewed on May 12, 2015

I won't repeat all of what others have said.

Had a burning feeling, and never got used to it...It might be an allergy to licorice, I don't know.

Honestly, this is not a good moisturizer. for most of the reasons below.

I'd love a new formula, or a moisturizer without licochalcone.

Oh, and redness from BP does not fade with this moisturizer.

At least, it did not give me more acne.

A NEW MOISTURIZER ! WITHOUT THIS YELLOW THING !

Love it
Reviewed on May 10, 2015

I love this moisturizer. For whatever reason, this moisturizer gets a bad reputation. It is amazing. It contains jojoba oil which is non comedogenic, takes care of flakes, and moisturizes well. Also, the licochalcone is awesome. It feels very cool and soothing which is great for sensitive skin. People have complained that it doesn't absorb enough but I disagree. I've found it does the job very quickly. I love it and can't wait to get more.

P.S Dan, please make one with SPF!

suprisingly... its good!
Reviewed on May 3, 2015

i was hesistant trying this product because of the jojoba in it... I previously tried jojoba and it caused my skin to break out in cystic acne. I reluctantly gave this moisturizer a try... and i have to say its the best ive tried yet! i normally have severe acne on my cheeks and temples. and moderate on my forehead and chin. Using a cleaner, Bp and a moisturizer i can keep my acne at bay however my skin is always so DRY.... Tight skin..... Red chin,...... flaking....... So i thought id give this a try and man oh man its workin! its been 3 weeks and i had a minor breakout, which from what i understand jojoba breaks down the hardened oil underneath your skin and brings it to the surface. Now my skin is looking good, it doesnt feel tight and the flaking is gone. Its definately done its job..... Just make sure you use it properly for YOUR SKIN! i find using to much of this will leave you feeling oily. It can also take awhile to absorb in, so make sure you apply it evenly to your whole face and allow it to dry. Using to much or not applying it evenly will also leave you with a slight discoloration on your skin. In my case i use 1 full pump (not to as suggested) and this is the best usaged for me. Its a big bottle so im not worried about using to much and it works great.

oh and also... i found other moisturizers wouldnt cover BP well and cause it to ... flake off later on... this mositurizer fully absorbs and doesnt flake later on!

Tanned Face and Dryness
Reviewed on May 1, 2015

I really wanted to love this product, but it doesn't moisture at all. i use it 3 times a day, but it just don't work. and the BIG PROBLEM is it TANNED MY FACE. after 3 weeks suddenly my face and neck color changed to dark/orange. I am so disappointed </3