Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 286 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
2 oz. Moisturizer
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Oily but not moisturizing! Takes too long to absorb! Yellow!
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

As many are reporting, this moisturizer is really oily (because of the great amount of jojoba oil in it) and it leaves the skin all day long shining and feeling so greasy. Moreover, like many others, I felt it not moisturizing enough! The yellow color gave such a funny tan on my face that everybody asked me if I had been on a holiday! After seeing the contrast with my neck, they believed I weren't and thought maybe something else had happened to me. Unlike the description, I guess too much jojoba oil breaks me out, that is however individual since everyone's skin is different. So, I switched to another moisturizer by Eucerin and things are getting better now!

A moisturizer that I actually like and continue to use!
Reviewed on September 14, 2014

I received a free travel kit with my purchase of the AHA+. I wasn't a fan of the BP treatment, but I really like the moisturizer. I have very oily skin, but I know that I still need to moisturize, especially since I'm using a BP treatment (Proactive +) and the AHA+. For me, this moisturizer is the perfect balance between light moisture and too much moisture. It's goes on smooth and my skin absorbs it very quickly. It also has a nice calming effect on my skin. I also like the fact that is doesn't really have a smell. I like to use just the moisturizer in the morning. At night before bed, I mix in a little of the AHA+ with the moisturizer. Works wonders! I'm almost out of the free travel size, so I'll be buying a 16oz bottle of this stuff.

Not so good
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

I dont like this moisturizer because it leaves my skin color tanned or yellow (my skin is very white) and i dont like to see my skin in that color, besides it leaves my face so shiny but when i touch my face it is dry, one more negative thing about this moisturizer is that it doesnt absorb quickly. Now im in my fourth week of the regimen and im starting to thing that this moisturizer isnt helping me anymore because my skin is so dry so and i cant get enought of the moisturizer so im looking for a new one. The only good thing about this is that it is non-comedogenic so it doesnt make new breakouts.

Do not waste your money!
Reviewed on July 12, 2014

I recently wrote a review on this and decided to update. This moisturizer is terrible. I had high hopes for this moisturizer but it is awful. I received a sample and I was so excited to try it, Okay, the smell is decent but it takes forever to soak in and when it does, my skin is back to being flaky and dry beyond reasoning 20 minutes after I use it. I'm so glad I did not purchase the big bottle. This is a waste of money. I suggest getting a sample before you commit to the bigger bottle. You'll thank me later.

by Gizunya on 08/01/2014 02:33
So, what are you using now instead of this moisturizer?
Doesnt absorb quickly
Reviewed on July 9, 2014

I purchased this with the treatment. I always have a very difficult time finding a moisturizer for my veryyyy sensitive and combination skin that wont break me out and this stuff doesnt! yay what a plus!

however, this stuff takes forever to get absorbed!! I used half the amount recommended, like half a pump, and it still takes forever to get absorbed. Once it is absorbed (a few minutes) my face doesnt feel greasy.

a lot of ppl complain about the colour, but it is no difficult than the famous clinique moisturizer! it doesnt change the colour of my skin once absorbed.

in conclusion, i like this one, i will repurchase as the positive out weight the negative!

Slather it on!
Reviewed on July 4, 2014

I've learned a lot about skin in the last few years (thanks, college!) and the key to moisturizing your epidermis is to slather on the lotion love. Try this: next time you apply sunscreen, smear it all over your face. Be messy. Wait 15 minutes and see how much your skin has absorbed. It's like we're sponges! So be generous with acne.org's moisturizer, too. I've used the regimen for 3-4 years and couldn't be more positive in my recommendation. This moisturizer won't leave you oily (I have combination skin); you will have a dewy sensation though. If you have particularly oily skin, expect this moisturizer to keep you balanced. I notice my oily spots (T-zone) are apparent mid-day, but this is normal for me and not associated with subsequent breakouts as it was before the regimen. If you have the same problem, simply blot with tissue or blotting paper. If you wear make-up, be sure you are not adding to the problem! Find powders, foundation, etc., products with jojoba oil and little to no petroleum or other types of oils. JOJOBA FOR THE WIN!

SKIP THIS!
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I am so happy with the Regimen, but I did not like the moisturizer. It made my skin flakey. I skipped using the moisturizer, and I noticed my skin was clearer with out it! I then went back to using the moisturizer, and I noticed more bumps and black heads and flakiness. I no longer use a moisturizer and my skin looks great, so this might just be me!

by matiastorresz on 09/11/2014 21:34
What moisturizer are you using now? Im dont like the acne.org moisturizer either...
Great moisturizer!
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

Wow, I'm surprised by all the bad reviews on here! I happen to really like this moisturizer. It's gentle and works well with my combination, sensitive skin. I guess it's a tad bit slow to absorb, as in I wouldn't go out in public without waiting a few minutes because I look shiny temporarily. But that's the only downside! There are some great ingredients in here...jojoba oil, licorice root, Squalane, vitamin E, etc.... It works well under makeup. The price is right too. All around, the whole kit is awesome. Thank you Dan!

Best Moisturizer for PM only...!
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

Edited June 14, 2014: I now only use the Moisturizer at night. I have switched to another moisturizer for the morning routine since the Acne.org Moisturizer did leave a 'tan' color to my skin. Even if I tried to mix it with my sunscreen, we could see some orange color... But I will keep buying this Moisturizer because it doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make my skin breakout. I use it a night with the Acne.org AHA+ (a small amount of it) + a few drops of the Jojoba Oil and the next day my skin looks great :) - Take note that I use the Acne.org Treatment at night only. (This stuff is awesome for acne!) :)

---------------

At first I didn't like the feel of this moisturizer on my skin. However, with the Acne.org Treatment my skin was getting more dry (also because of the weather too - winter...) I use 2 pumps at night mixed with 2-3 drops of Jojoba Oil and 1 pump in the morning mixed with 2 drops of Jojoba oil. So far it's been great! The moisturizer definitely helps with the dryness and it also doesn't make my skin break out. In fact, it's been helping my skin look better! It does have a slight tint on the skin however, but during the morning I use my sunscreen which has a white cast.. so my skin does not appear as yellow/tan or too white, perfect combo! At night I do not mind about the color! Also you get a lot for the price, I always buy the double-sized one! Just a little note, I use the Acne.org Treatment only at night and I also use a blotting sheet during the morning just to remove the excess oil. It's the best moisturizer for acne-prone skin!

Very Pleased.
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

I'm very pleased with this moisturizer. It feels very nice, not too greasy. Leaves my face feeling nice and refreshed after the drying BP.