Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 300 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
2 oz. Moisturizer

suprisingly... its good!
Reviewed on May 3, 2015

i was hesistant trying this product because of the jojoba in it... I previously tried jojoba and it caused my skin to break out in cystic acne. I reluctantly gave this moisturizer a try... and i have to say its the best ive tried yet! i normally have severe acne on my cheeks and temples. and moderate on my forehead and chin. Using a cleaner, Bp and a moisturizer i can keep my acne at bay however my skin is always so DRY.... Tight skin..... Red chin,...... flaking....... So i thought id give this a try and man oh man its workin! its been 3 weeks and i had a minor breakout, which from what i understand jojoba breaks down the hardened oil underneath your skin and brings it to the surface. Now my skin is looking good, it doesnt feel tight and the flaking is gone. Its definately done its job..... Just make sure you use it properly for YOUR SKIN! i find using to much of this will leave you feeling oily. It can also take awhile to absorb in, so make sure you apply it evenly to your whole face and allow it to dry. Using to much or not applying it evenly will also leave you with a slight discoloration on your skin. In my case i use 1 full pump (not to as suggested) and this is the best usaged for me. Its a big bottle so im not worried about using to much and it works great.

oh and also... i found other moisturizers wouldnt cover BP well and cause it to ... flake off later on... this mositurizer fully absorbs and doesnt flake later on!

Tanned Face and Dryness
Reviewed on May 1, 2015

I really wanted to love this product, but it doesn't moisture at all. i use it 3 times a day, but it just don't work. and the BIG PROBLEM is it TANNED MY FACE. after 3 weeks suddenly my face and neck color changed to dark/orange. I am so disappointed </3

Not too bad, but tans your face
Reviewed on February 21, 2015

Great, but tans your skin. Probably only noticeable if you're vampire pale like me.

There's Gotta Be Better
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

This is overall a good moisturizer, but I have several problems. First off, two pumps doesn't do a great job at moisturizing skin with a finger's length worth of benzoyl peroxide on it. Second, if you use more than two pumps, it could take up to an hour for the moisturizer to absorb into the skin. What am I supposed to do - get up at 4 a.m. when I start work at 8 a.m.? Finally, I know this is minor, but it's still annoying - almost every time I dispense some moisturizer, the pump spits out a dried up piece.

WARNING
Reviewed on April 22, 2015

Just a quick warning for anyone that is thinking about purchasing this product....it contains oil. Jojoba oil that is. IN MY EXPERIENCE.. this oil clogged the hell out of my pores (although it claims not to....) I was getting small bumps and white heads on areas I have NOT gotten acne in years! Also, I had one huge cystic pimple on my cheek which is very ODD because I have taken Accutane and haven't gotten one cystic pimple in the past 3 years..... I was SO afraid that this product was going to give me cystic acne again but thankfully I stopped using it. My skin is slowly going back to normal (because I now use Clean & Clear) although I still have some scars. This lotion is horrible for my skin I will never use it again. Also, a lot of people said that this product dried out on their skin very quick but I experienced the opposite. This lotion was so oily on me (very moisturized) to the point where my foundation would move around and not set on my face. Nothing happened in coincidence...this lotion does clog and caused a nightmare on my face. If anyone DOES plan on trying it out...buy yourself the travel size before wasting your money and test the product for a good two weeks. Sometimes I feel like they purposely do this so it counteracts with the Benzoyl Peroxide which makes us keep using both and relying on both...just my thoughts.

There are better altenatives
Reviewed on March 31, 2015

There are better moisturizers than this for the regime out there. This kept my skin moisturize for maybe an hour at most.

Not liking it so far
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

I have been using the moisturizer and honestly feel it makes my white heads and bumpyness increase so I will be using the regimen without it for a couple of days and see what my results will be

doesn't really moisturize
Reviewed on March 15, 2015

I've been using the acne.org regiment for 3 months now. My acne has gotten sooooo much better since then but my skin feels grows, oily and flakey all the time. I can barley move my face because when i do it just cracks and looks horrible. I wish that the moisturizer was as good as the treatment but it just seems to bring the quality of the whole regimen down.

I think this gives me white heads
Reviewed on January 13, 2015

I had my acne under control, using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, BP 2.5%, Olay Moisturizing lotion for Sensitive Skin. Then about 2 days ago I decided to bust out my unopened Acne.org moisturizer. Put the moisturizer on at night, and the next day a few white heads appeared (chin, side of face). I was surprised considering it was advertised for acne users. In addition, it is not a good consistency because it was too watery.

I will be continuing with experimentation of moisturizers. My next up is Vanicream lite lotion.

Awful Moisturizer
Reviewed on December 22, 2014

I can't believe that I'm saying this about an acne.org product, but... this stuff actually makes me break out. I'm very aware of my acne and this stuff gave me pimples in areas that I never break out in. It did a good job at taking care of flakes but waking up to small white heads every day isn't a good trade off.

Being that I've been using Acne.org products for almost 5 years now, I really wanted to like this moisturizer; but it just isn't a great product. This one needs help Dan...

by peacemama on 02/10/2015 05:47
Exactly my experience w/ this moisturizer too.