Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 338 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
3.4 oz. Moisturizer
Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Tried it today for the first time
Reviewed on July 20, 2016

I got the "travel size"kit to try out. I don't have acne really, I am prone to clogged pores. I tried the cleanser and moisturizer for the first time today and I can tell Im going to like it. It's yellow because the ingredient Licochalcone is a licorace derivative that helps to fade dark marks. I have melasma and this ingredient is pretty hard to find in Canada, especially in a concentration you can see.

I don't know what everyone else is talking about it when they describe it as "greasy". I think a lot of the more popular moisturizers such as Cerave and cetaphil are terribly greasy and pore clogging. I think I am going to love this stuff. I always do best with the stuff most don't.

Good for the first month or so..
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

Doesn't break me out, but it is very greasy and heavy and makes my skin a weird yellowish colour..

I don't really want a yellow face.
Reviewed on July 4, 2016

This moisturiser is so greasy, doesn't soak in at all and it makes my face a orange/yellow colour which makes me so self conscious!

Not good at all! Trying to find a different moisturiser..

Changed my life!
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

Honestly I didn't think anything could keep my face moisturized and not be oily!!! This is THE BEST moisturizer I've ever used and trust me I've spent ALOT of cash on some really expensive moisturizers that I had to throw out. It's definitely worth it. I have the cleanser as well which I absolutely loooove <3.

Not Amazing
Reviewed on December 26, 2015

This moisturizer leaves a nice matte finish but it isn't as easily applied as I prefer. Also, it doesn't moisturize well and leaves a bit of an after-feel which is difficult to describe. But it does go on somewhat nicely and doesn't clump up with benzoyl peroxide. It's decent.

please help
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

Today is my third day of this regimen, my skin is too oily, I never use moisturizer before (whenever i did, I got acne). This moisturizer is too emulsive and feels sticky on my skin. (only using one pump). I got 2 more acne because of this on the first day, what should I do? I can't skip this step as it's too early plus BP is drying out my skin. Please suggest.. Do I need to find an alternate? Thanks

by 998888 on 05/26/2016 16:20
It is normal to get few pimples at the beginning of your treatment. If the moisturizer is not good for you try something else that suits your skin.
Very moisturizing, but it did not agree with my skin!
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

I had high hopes for this moisturizer since I have very dry skin, but I was highly disappointed when my skin went from FAIR to WTF! Within the first week I developed three cystic pimples between my eyebrows, week two I developed 3 more cystic pimples on other areas of my face. Process of elimination, I decided to stop using the moisturizer. I contined to use step 1&2 of the acne.org system, however I have added Clinique toner and Clinique moisturizer. As of right now I do not have any active breakouts, however I was left with huge scars from the cystic acne caused by this moisturizer.

Pretty good stuff
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

I want to rate this 5 stars as I have Daniel's other face products however it's not perfect. It gives my skin a cooling refreshing feeling after application however it doesn't fully hydrate my skin. I think it works differently for everyone as everyone's skin has it's own profile. I add six drops of Jojoba oil to it in the morning and 8 drops at night which significantly helps with flakiness. One thing I've figured out is that if I use just half a pump of Olay's moisturizer with SPF 15 in the morning and this product fully at night using Daniel's method, my face becomes fully hydrated and flake free over the course of a week. I highly recommend giving this technique a try if you still struggle with dryness and flakiness after using this.

Terrible for my skin
Reviewed on May 4, 2016

I totally thought it was the Bp causing my skin to get severely dry, flaky, irritating, and have this alligator feel. I stopped using the Bp and realized that I was still having these problems. My skin was pealing horribly, super tight, and irritated. I recently logged back onto my account to read reviews on this product and noticed many many others were having this same product. Not only were I having those problems, but this moisurizer left my skin very glossy and tinted yet my skin wasn't being "moisturized" at all! It's almost like the product was just sitting on top of my face, and took FOREVER to absorb if it did at all. I was just walking around looking a greasy mess all day. After applying the moisturizer my skin would burn sooooo bad, to the point I would have to take it off!! Now that I know it was the moisturizer causing me all these issues, it will most definately be tossed. By the way, my skin is very dry naturally, if any one out there could recommend an oil free light moisturizer it will be greatly appreciated.

Best moisturizer to me
Reviewed on April 20, 2016

I got this product with the regimen and to me it's pretty good hasn't ever broken me out like most moisturizer do and it doesn't leave my face oily or shinny I don't usually like to moisturize when I got out but with this one I do sometimes cuz it doesn't make me super oily but I will say that if your on the regimen even using this still Weill not help your dry skin sometime but for the most it will