Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 335 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
3.4 oz. Moisturizer

please help
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

Today is my third day of this regimen, my skin is too oily, I never use moisturizer before (whenever i did, I got acne). This moisturizer is too emulsive and feels sticky on my skin. (only using one pump). I got 2 more acne because of this on the first day, what should I do? I can't skip this step as it's too early plus BP is drying out my skin. Please suggest.. Do I need to find an alternate? Thanks

Very moisturizing, but it did not agree with my skin!
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

I had high hopes for this moisturizer since I have very dry skin, but I was highly disappointed when my skin went from FAIR to WTF! Within the first week I developed three cystic pimples between my eyebrows, week two I developed 3 more cystic pimples on other areas of my face. Process of elimination, I decided to stop using the moisturizer. I contined to use step 1&2 of the acne.org system, however I have added Clinique toner and Clinique moisturizer. As of right now I do not have any active breakouts, however I was left with huge scars from the cystic acne caused by this moisturizer.

Pretty good stuff
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

I want to rate this 5 stars as I have Daniel's other face products however it's not perfect. It gives my skin a cooling refreshing feeling after application however it doesn't fully hydrate my skin. I think it works differently for everyone as everyone's skin has it's own profile. I add six drops of Jojoba oil to it in the morning and 8 drops at night which significantly helps with flakiness. One thing I've figured out is that if I use just half a pump of Olay's moisturizer with SPF 15 in the morning and this product fully at night using Daniel's method, my face becomes fully hydrated and flake free over the course of a week. I highly recommend giving this technique a try if you still struggle with dryness and flakiness after using this.

Terrible for my skin
Reviewed on May 4, 2016

I totally thought it was the Bp causing my skin to get severely dry, flaky, irritating, and have this alligator feel. I stopped using the Bp and realized that I was still having these problems. My skin was pealing horribly, super tight, and irritated. I recently logged back onto my account to read reviews on this product and noticed many many others were having this same product. Not only were I having those problems, but this moisurizer left my skin very glossy and tinted yet my skin wasn't being "moisturized" at all! It's almost like the product was just sitting on top of my face, and took FOREVER to absorb if it did at all. I was just walking around looking a greasy mess all day. After applying the moisturizer my skin would burn sooooo bad, to the point I would have to take it off!! Now that I know it was the moisturizer causing me all these issues, it will most definately be tossed. By the way, my skin is very dry naturally, if any one out there could recommend an oil free light moisturizer it will be greatly appreciated.

Best moisturizer to me
Reviewed on April 20, 2016

I got this product with the regimen and to me it's pretty good hasn't ever broken me out like most moisturizer do and it doesn't leave my face oily or shinny I don't usually like to moisturize when I got out but with this one I do sometimes cuz it doesn't make me super oily but I will say that if your on the regimen even using this still Weill not help your dry skin sometime but for the most it will

See No Effect
Reviewed on April 14, 2016

I don't really like the moisturizer . I don't use it with the system and my skin still cleared so I don't think you have to use it if you don't like it plus my skin is oily. I use aveeno to moisturize

Wanted this to work so badly
Reviewed on April 11, 2016

After reading many negative reviews on this product, I still ordered it and gave it a fair chance since I know that everyone has different skin. Unfortunately, within a day of using this moisturizer, my skin was extremely irritated, itchy, red, and dry. Around my mouth and chin began to feel tight and eventually peeled. I also broke out with 4-5 new pimples. I used this product for about a week to give it a chance. Shortly after stopping, the dry/itchy/flaky/red skin is going away. I'm bummed because I do trust a lot of the information and products on this site..and I'm searching for that "perfect" moisturizer. I also must add that I do not use the regimen products, just wanted to try this cream.

by Damonique Miller on 05/04/2016 23:00
Hey I am currently have this same issue. If you don't mind me asking, which moisturizer do you use now? I would love to try it out as well
Cosmetic Elegance
Reviewed on December 26, 2015

This moisturizer feels amazing going on. It's easy to smooth across the skin, and it doesn't leave an after-feel. It absorbs perfectly, even over On-the-Spot, which usually "clumps up" with moisturizers. Blends well with Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30, a sunscreen-product recommended by Dan. Also mixes nicely with jojoba oil and with his AHA.

However, it leaves yellow residue on the skin. But it does contain beneficial ingredients which aren't found in most lotions.

Doesn't Hydrate
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

I used this everyday and it worked fine until a few weeks ago. My skin still looks flaky and crusty everywhere even near my eyes and its mortifying. The dryness doesn't seem to go away. Its pretty disgusting. Love the other products but definitely done with this one.

terrible
Reviewed on March 19, 2016

This stuff sucks! Used it for 1 week and made me break out! Sending back....