Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 348 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
3.4 oz. Moisturizer

works okay
Reviewed on September 29, 2016

this moisturizer was good to me at first it hydrated well and it it's job but over time with the regime it doesn't work well it leaves me with half dry skin and i flake because of it, it didn't break me out but didn't moisturize well with BP but it might work for other people or if i'm not using BP but it leaves me feeling dry and flaky

Not for Me
Reviewed on September 21, 2016

I read the other reviews on this moisturizer after about a couple weeks on the regimen and most of them are pretty close to what I was experiencing. During the first week (while my face was still producing oil LOL) the moisturizer was great, but as I increased my BP and my face started getting dryer, the moisturizer was not moisturizing my face at all even with the jojoba oil. My face would look dark and oily and after the moisturizer absorbed, my face would feel so dry after only an hour. It's hard to wear make-up while using this moisturizer and I feel like I need to because it makes my skin look way worse than it is. On top of that it makes my skin burn really bad. I ditched this moisturizer and now I use St. Ives Timeless Collagen Skin Moisturizer and it works so much better. I add jojoba oil to that too. My skin still burns a little after the BP but at least now my skin feels better than it did before. It's still dry since that's what the BP does but my face doesn't feel like there's a nasty residue on it, it only burns for like 15 minutes after I apply, and my face doesn't look and dark and gross anymore. It also does't look like my skin is dry when I wear foundation and my acne has also been clearing up faster. So my advice, try the moisturizer out if you want to but if you don't like it, ditch it. It barely moisturizes and there are better cheaper ones out there you can get!

by t-dawg on 09/29/2016 21:02
i had the same thing it worked fine at first but started becoming useless because it didn't moisturize completely! i'm gonna try ponds dry skin cream it says it doesn't clog pores which is good i'll let you know how it goes :)
Great!
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

This moisturizer is great, the licochalcone in it really works at soothing your skin which will become dry from using the benzoyl. Also I personally love the yellow tint because it gives you some color/coverage. The ONLY reason I did not give this 5 stars is because I think it should be SLIGHTLY more moisturizing. Perhaps I have dry skin but I use 2 full pumps plus 10 drops of the jojoba to keep the dryness away. When I leave in the morning my face is literally glistening from all the oil lol! But throughout the day my face does absorb it. You will acheive the results they promise if you use this product and the jojoba is a great companion to customize it to your skin type.

dry skin went away instantly
Reviewed on September 9, 2016

i used this product for the first time today, and my dry skin went away instantly. Not only did it clear up the flakes, it also made my skin smoother and my acne appear less visable

Great product!
Reviewed on September 7, 2016

I love the moisture and hydration my skin gets without the greasy feel. Tried adding jojoba oil and never stopped!

my skin tone got darker..
Reviewed on September 5, 2016

i started using the regimen 10 days before and my skin is flaky and soo dry not comfortable at all but i believe this is the process of the regimen. most of all what really bothers me is that my skin tone got darker i had a tanned tone now i have a brown tone, is it only me or is there anyone??

It feels gross :(
Reviewed on September 1, 2016

I follow Dan's regimen, minorly tweaked to my needs and have for about 7 years. It's the only thing that has ever worked. But this moisturizer is. B. A. D. I mean, just awful.

As stated in the headline, it feels gross on the skin. The color makes you look ill. And it rubs off and turns everything else yellow. I assume it feels so icky because of all the oil, and yet it is not sufficiently oily or moisturizing to conquer the flakiness from the BP.

I'm surprised anyone at all likes it, but hey, to each his own. What I find even more shocking is that more than half of people seem to really hate it and nothing comes of it. It's a shame really bc the regimen is truly great. It's changed my skin completely, but I had to find alternatives for half his products.

I don't know is that BP or moisturiser?
Reviewed on September 1, 2016

Idon't know is that becos of the moisturiser or bp . its so irritating n burning on my skin. After I apply BP its completely ok, i just felt very dry, and then i put on the moisturiser like the regime suggested. I felt so irritated and burning . I have no idea is that becos of the moisturiser or BP.

Good but Not Great
Reviewed on December 26, 2015

This moisturizer leaves a nice matte finish, but it isn't as easily applied as I prefer. Also it doesn't moisturize well. But it does go on nicely and blends well with liquid sunscreen.

not for me.
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I can't use this stuff. it feels too greasy and thick and I get clogged pores every time I use it. I tested it on my neck for a bit before trying on my face and it even clogged up pores there, and I do not get any kind of acne there at all normally.