Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 303 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
2 oz. Moisturizer

Renders The Regimen Unsuccessful and Damages Legitimacy of Dan Kern
Reviewed on June 3, 2015

So unbelievably bad.

I made the mistake in thinking that I was using too much BP at the start, until i realised it was this awful stuff.

Firstly, In an attempt to recover my skin I stopped using BP for a couple of days and continued with the moisturiser - thats when i realised this product was problem. My skin was just as dry and flaky as before, especially around my mouth, making it almost impossible to eat without completely tearing the skin on my chin and upper lip area. My cheeks and forehead were crazy flaky/dry too.

Now i'm left searching for an alternative to use with The Regimen.

It's so upsetting as I thought I had finally found something I could truly stick to and trust, but it's not the case.

Plus without sounding too dramatic, I feel as though since this product is still available to be purchased and is still being sold, let alone being sold without a warning - it takes away from the legitimacy and good nature of this whole organisation/website and Dan Kern himself.

With so many bad reviews and complaints it would be impossible for Dan to just 'not realise' that for most people this is an awful product and we hate it; meaning he's just turning a blind eye to the whole situation.

I just don't see why? To make the most money out of it as you can to recoup research and development costs?

Or has Dan finally come to the point where he just doesn't care about helping people anymore?

I don't know. Im just upset that he hasn't even addressed this situation and he's pretending everything's okay.

Reviewed on May 12, 2015

I won't repeat all of what others have said.

Had a burning feeling, and never got used to it...It might be an allergy to licorice, I don't know.

Honestly, this is not a good moisturizer. for most of the reasons below.

I'd love a new formula, or a moisturizer without licochalcone.

Oh, and redness from BP does not fade with this moisturizer.

At least, it did not give me more acne.

A NEW MOISTURIZER ! WITHOUT THIS YELLOW THING !

Love it
Reviewed on May 10, 2015

I love this moisturizer. For whatever reason, this moisturizer gets a bad reputation. It is amazing. It contains jojoba oil which is non comedogenic, takes care of flakes, and moisturizes well. Also, the licochalcone is awesome. It feels very cool and soothing which is great for sensitive skin. People have complained that it doesn't absorb enough but I disagree. I've found it does the job very quickly. I love it and can't wait to get more.

P.S Dan, please make one with SPF!

suprisingly... its good!
Reviewed on May 3, 2015

i was hesistant trying this product because of the jojoba in it... I previously tried jojoba and it caused my skin to break out in cystic acne. I reluctantly gave this moisturizer a try... and i have to say its the best ive tried yet! i normally have severe acne on my cheeks and temples. and moderate on my forehead and chin. Using a cleaner, Bp and a moisturizer i can keep my acne at bay however my skin is always so DRY.... Tight skin..... Red chin,...... flaking....... So i thought id give this a try and man oh man its workin! its been 3 weeks and i had a minor breakout, which from what i understand jojoba breaks down the hardened oil underneath your skin and brings it to the surface. Now my skin is looking good, it doesnt feel tight and the flaking is gone. Its definately done its job..... Just make sure you use it properly for YOUR SKIN! i find using to much of this will leave you feeling oily. It can also take awhile to absorb in, so make sure you apply it evenly to your whole face and allow it to dry. Using to much or not applying it evenly will also leave you with a slight discoloration on your skin. In my case i use 1 full pump (not to as suggested) and this is the best usaged for me. Its a big bottle so im not worried about using to much and it works great.

oh and also... i found other moisturizers wouldnt cover BP well and cause it to ... flake off later on... this mositurizer fully absorbs and doesnt flake later on!

Tanned Face and Dryness
Reviewed on May 1, 2015

I really wanted to love this product, but it doesn't moisture at all. i use it 3 times a day, but it just don't work. and the BIG PROBLEM is it TANNED MY FACE. after 3 weeks suddenly my face and neck color changed to dark/orange. I am so disappointed </3

Not too bad, but tans your face
Reviewed on February 21, 2015

Great, but tans your skin. Probably only noticeable if you're vampire pale like me.

There's Gotta Be Better
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

This is overall a good moisturizer, but I have several problems. First off, two pumps doesn't do a great job at moisturizing skin with a finger's length worth of benzoyl peroxide on it. Second, if you use more than two pumps, it could take up to an hour for the moisturizer to absorb into the skin. What am I supposed to do - get up at 4 a.m. when I start work at 8 a.m.? Finally, I know this is minor, but it's still annoying - almost every time I dispense some moisturizer, the pump spits out a dried up piece.

WARNING
Reviewed on April 22, 2015

Just a quick warning for anyone that is thinking about purchasing this product....it contains oil. Jojoba oil that is. IN MY EXPERIENCE.. this oil clogged the hell out of my pores (although it claims not to....) I was getting small bumps and white heads on areas I have NOT gotten acne in years! Also, I had one huge cystic pimple on my cheek which is very ODD because I have taken Accutane and haven't gotten one cystic pimple in the past 3 years..... I was SO afraid that this product was going to give me cystic acne again but thankfully I stopped using it. My skin is slowly going back to normal (because I now use Clean & Clear) although I still have some scars. This lotion is horrible for my skin I will never use it again. Also, a lot of people said that this product dried out on their skin very quick but I experienced the opposite. This lotion was so oily on me (very moisturized) to the point where my foundation would move around and not set on my face. Nothing happened in coincidence...this lotion does clog and caused a nightmare on my face. If anyone DOES plan on trying it out...buy yourself the travel size before wasting your money and test the product for a good two weeks. Sometimes I feel like they purposely do this so it counteracts with the Benzoyl Peroxide which makes us keep using both and relying on both...just my thoughts.

There are better altenatives
Reviewed on March 31, 2015

There are better moisturizers than this for the regime out there. This kept my skin moisturize for maybe an hour at most.

Not liking it so far
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

I have been using the moisturizer and honestly feel it makes my white heads and bumpyness increase so I will be using the regimen without it for a couple of days and see what my results will be