Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 331 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
3.4 oz. Moisturizer

Best moisturizer to me
Reviewed on April 20, 2016

I got this product with the regimen and to me it's pretty good hasn't ever broken me out like most moisturizer do and it doesn't leave my face oily or shinny I don't usually like to moisturize when I got out but with this one I do sometimes cuz it doesn't make me super oily but I will say that if your on the regimen even using this still Weill not help your dry skin sometime but for the most it will

See No Effect
Reviewed on April 14, 2016

I don't really like the moisturizer . I don't use it with the system and my skin still cleared so I don't think you have to use it if you don't like it plus my skin is oily. I use aveeno to moisturize

Wanted this to work so badly
Reviewed on April 11, 2016

After reading many negative reviews on this product, I still ordered it and gave it a fair chance since I know that everyone has different skin. Unfortunately, within a day of using this moisturizer, my skin was extremely irritated, itchy, red, and dry. Around my mouth and chin began to feel tight and eventually peeled. I also broke out with 4-5 new pimples. I used this product for about a week to give it a chance. Shortly after stopping, the dry/itchy/flaky/red skin is going away. I'm bummed because I do trust a lot of the information and products on this site..and I'm searching for that "perfect" moisturizer. I also must add that I do not use the regimen products, just wanted to try this cream.

Cosmetic Elegance
Reviewed on December 26, 2015

This moisturizer feels amazing going on. It's easy to smooth across the skin, and it doesn't leave an after-feel. It absorbs perfectly, even over On-the-Spot, which usually "clumps up" with moisturizers. Blends well with Clear Face Liquid Lotion Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30, a sunscreen-product recommended by Dan. Also mixes nicely with jojoba oil and with his AHA.

However, it leaves yellow residue on the skin. But it does contain beneficial ingredients which aren't found in most lotions.

Doesn't Hydrate
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

I used this everyday and it worked fine until a few weeks ago. My skin still looks flaky and crusty everywhere even near my eyes and its mortifying. The dryness doesn't seem to go away. Its pretty disgusting. Love the other products but definitely done with this one.

terrible
Reviewed on March 19, 2016

This stuff sucks! Used it for 1 week and made me break out! Sending back....

Great formula, gives yellow tint
Reviewed on March 15, 2016

It has great non comedogenic ingredients, also it's fragrance free! YAY! I've been searching for a better moisturizer and couldn't find one, they all have the same cheap ingredients, even expensive ones. You can tell the acne.org moisturizer is formulated for acne prone skin, unlike others; I really don't understand why fragrance is used in moisturizers anyway, especially ones formulated for sensitive skin.

The only downside is that it gives my skin a yellow tint so that after I use it in the morning I can clearly see a huge difference in color between my face and my neck.

EDIT: changed to 5 stars, I figured you could use a different moisturizer in the morning if the yellow tint is a problem, and keep to this one in the evening.

ITCHY, RASHY, BREAKING OUT - FAIL
Reviewed on January 30, 2016

I was really looking forward to using Dan's products but unfortunately my skin hasn't taken very well to the moisturiser. Immediately after putting it on i felt a tingle and slight itchiness but didn't want to think much of it to give up on it straight away. So i decided to try it again the next morning and again the same reaction, but worse. It got to the point where i just decided to wash it completely off my face because it was so itchy. I also noticed the morning after using this moisturiser i broke out for the first time in a while with little whiteheads. NO GOOD, i will not be using this again and sadly it will be going straight into the rubbish.

Prior to using this moisturiser i was using Cetaphil moisturising cream with no problems and i have gone back to that immediately in hopes of soothing some of the irritation Dan's moisturiser seems to have caused. ARGH!

Bad allergic reaction to Glyceryl Stearate
Reviewed on December 17, 2015

After some trial & error and research, I've concluded that I'm allergic to one of the ingredients: Glyceryl Monostearate/Glyceryl Stearate. Less than 1% of people have this reaction, but based on my personal experience I have to give this 1 star. I'll explain a little... I had been using this with Acne.org's AHA and BP with much success for about 6 months with no reaction. So, when my eyes swelled and got scaly, red, & sore patches around them along with dry, cracking and bleeding skin in the corners of my mouth, I didn't think these products were the culprit. Eventually, I did change everything... No bp, no aha, changed make-up, changed everything. My skin started to heal.

Because I had been using my products for a long time before this reaction, the culprit became difficult to pinpoint. I always remember my mom having sensitive skin. I discussed my new issues with her, and she revealed that she didn't have any skin sensitivity issues until sometime in her 30's, which was when I started to have problems. So, it would seem possible to develop an allergy and become sensitive to something that never caused issue before.

Over the next few years, I developed a completely new regime that wasn't as effective as the Acne.org's BP/AHA/moisture but also didn't freak my face out. My initial thought was that it had to be the bp or aha causing sensitivity. AHA is notorious for being intolerable to some. When I would get a break out, I'd spot treat with acne.org's AHA and BP, and I'd start to feel the inklings of a reaction- patches under my eyes, itching, watery eyes... Then, I started just spot treating with the BP; that was ok. Eventually, I worked back up to using it all over every night. Other than normal BP dryness, I experienced no allergic action.

I came to the (false) conclusion that it was AHA causing harm; however, I still longed for the BP/AHA results I had before my skin went crazy. I did some research on AHA's and found that people could better tolerate them when a blend of AHA's were used. I started on the (ridiculously expensive) Drunk Elephant Glycolic (AHA) serum. I've used that for months, until my first bottle was gone. Things were going well. No reactions.

And now, we come back around to the Acne.org moisturizer. After months of being on the same regime (BP/Drunk Elephant AHA/same cosmetics, etc), I decided to revisit Acne.org's moisturizer. Last night, I used the moisturizer, and I woke up with swollen, watery eyes and itchy skin- all the same reactions I had years before and with Acne.org's AHA. I compared the ingredient list of both harm causing products (Acne.org's AHA and Moisturizer), and found 3 common ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Licochalcone, and Glyceryl Stearate. Butylene Glycol was also present in Drunk Elephant's AHA; I ruled that ingredient out. I researched Licochalcone and found no evidence of it as an allergen. Additionally, it's a great product for soothing sensitive skin reactions. When I researched Butylene Glycol, I found that some people can have terrible reactions. It is rare, but if you find yourself reacting to Acne.org's AHA and/or Moisturizer. This very likely could be the culprit.

Skin swollen, red, and in pain!
Reviewed on December 8, 2015

My skin has had the worst reaction!

I have owned this product before and I figured it would work the same way so I ordered again&& it just made my skin soo red.

This is just my second use!

Needs to be addressed asap