Acne.org Moisturizer with Licochalcone reviews

2.8/5 - 291 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
2 oz. Moisturizer

meh...
Reviewed on November 29, 2014

I tried the trial version of this product. I just wasn't pleased enough to order any more of it. I think it left my skin looking oilier than I would have liked. On the plus side, it did not irritate my skin and seemed to be quite moisturizing. Currently, I'm using CeraVe moisturizing lotion instead and sometimes (at night) mix that with jojoba oil.

Definitely not for everyone...
Reviewed on November 16, 2014

I've used Dan's moisturizer for about a month and it really pains me to give this product a low rating because The Regimen was a life saver for me at one point in my life when the old formula was in use. Dan is a saint, man. On paper, this moisturizer has everything an acne afflicted person would want. Unfortunately, just like with many things in life, this is NOT for everyone. In my experience, the jojoba oil caused my skin to gradually get worse and worse. I kept waking up to new acne almost every week. To add insult to injury, it did next to nothing hydrating my face even when I added more jojoba(BAD IDEA) and went up to 3 pumps. I'm not saying that this is a bad product, I'm just saying that it's bad for me specifically. If it works for you, awesome. If only Dan would make an oil-free version, I would go crazy with joy. I'm sure lots of you guys will. C, mon, Danny boy, hear us out a little bit.

Sad but true
Reviewed on November 3, 2014

Absolutely does not work for me! Not really moisturizes. The skin is dry and peel off! Very sorry!

Good but not perfect
Reviewed on September 27, 2014

This product contains methyl gluceth-20, rather than glycerin, so in order for it to moisturize sufficiently, you need to use it in large amounts (Dan recommends 2 full pumps.) However this product contains licochalcone, which isn't a con intrinsically, but is in the sense that the more you use, the more of a yellow tint your skin will have. It will leave a yellow residue on your skin. Viewing my face from the side profile in a mirror, my face looked yellow compared to my neck, which had regular, non-moisturized skin. I did notice though that the licochalcone calmed my skin after I got a sunburn once. This formulation is an oil-in-water emulsification, with jojoba oil being one of the main ingredients. Because of this, it made my skin look and feel a bit greasy. It seems to sit on the skin, rather than to absorb, and doesn't moisturize/take care of flakiness extremely well. Now for the positives: It is lightweight, which makes spreading a breeze, therefore reducing irritation. It is completely non-comedogenic even though it contains Cetearyl Alcohol: I believe this ingredient alone ranks 2/5 in comedogenicity. Anything with a rank below 3/5 is not considered comedogenic, since the risk of pore-plugging is negligible. In order for Cetearyl Alcohol to be comedogenic, it must be combined with ceteareth-20 (which ranks 4/5). It is fragrance free and dye free. As with every other product, one that is perfect for one person may not be for another. We each have our own needs when it comes to moisturizers. This lotion is good, and while perfect for Dan and others, not for me. At any rate, it is one of the best lotions you will find for use with the Regimen.

Average, but not Great
Reviewed on October 7, 2014

Because everyone's skin is different, it is impossible to judge whether this moisturizer will work for you. In my case, the moisturizer provided everything as advertised in the first few weeks. However, every day after that I felt no relief at all and eventually stopped using it entirely. For those on the Regimen, it's best to use this until you are almost perfectly clear and then switch to a different moisturizer. I would recommend using Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream as it synergizes well with the Regimen and is priced in the same range as this one.

The common complaint of "shininess" and "yellow coloring" can be argued for but are easily dealt with using a thin paper towel. Other than these two issues, I didn't feel any other side effects.

To sum things up, if you have struggled with dry skin in the past, pass this up. For those whose skin is oily, I cannot speak on your behalf and wouldn't know the results for your skin type. For those who never have to worry about dryness, this product will probably work more favorably for you.

I will not buy this again
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

The first problem when i started using this moisturizer was the matte color that it leaves on my skin (i have a very light skin), it wasn't really a problem until the week 4 when my skin started to become more dry and the flakiness out of control, 2 full pumps with 6 drops of jojoba oil wasn't enough for me anymore, i started to use it more than 4 times in the day (and my skin was still dry) it takes A LOT to absorb and i dont have so much time in the morning because of the school, my skin color was like i put mustard on my face, everyone asking me what happened with my skin or if i were on a holiday... I started to search for a new moisturizer and i found the Avène - Clean-AC Hydrating Cream for people who are on an acne treatment and the reviews that i found were good so i bough it, the first day was OK but in the second day it burned my skin, if it wasn't for the burn i will 100% recommend the avene moisturizer because it worked perfect in the hydration and the flakiness and it doesn't leaves the skin shiny but you guys can try it and see if it works on you. Now im searching again a new moisturizer, please recommend me one if you are on the regimen and you arent using dan´s moisturizer.

Oily but not moisturizing! Takes too long to absorb! Yellow!
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

As many are reporting, this moisturizer is really oily (because of the great amount of jojoba oil in it) and it leaves the skin all day long shining and feeling so greasy. Moreover, like many others, I felt it not moisturizing enough! The yellow color gave such a funny tan on my face that everybody asked me if I had been on a holiday! After seeing the contrast with my neck, they believed I weren't and thought maybe something else had happened to me. Unlike the description, I guess too much jojoba oil breaks me out, that is however individual since everyone's skin is different. So, I switched to another moisturizer by Eucerin and things are getting better now!

A moisturizer that I actually like and continue to use!
Reviewed on September 14, 2014

I received a free travel kit with my purchase of the AHA+. I wasn't a fan of the BP treatment, but I really like the moisturizer. I have very oily skin, but I know that I still need to moisturize, especially since I'm using a BP treatment (Proactive +) and the AHA+. For me, this moisturizer is the perfect balance between light moisture and too much moisture. It's goes on smooth and my skin absorbs it very quickly. It also has a nice calming effect on my skin. I also like the fact that is doesn't really have a smell. I like to use just the moisturizer in the morning. At night before bed, I mix in a little of the AHA+ with the moisturizer. Works wonders! I'm almost out of the free travel size, so I'll be buying a 16oz bottle of this stuff.

Do not waste your money!
Reviewed on July 12, 2014

I recently wrote a review on this and decided to update. This moisturizer is terrible. I had high hopes for this moisturizer but it is awful. I received a sample and I was so excited to try it, Okay, the smell is decent but it takes forever to soak in and when it does, my skin is back to being flaky and dry beyond reasoning 20 minutes after I use it. I'm so glad I did not purchase the big bottle. This is a waste of money. I suggest getting a sample before you commit to the bigger bottle. You'll thank me later.

by Gizunya on 08/01/2014 02:33
So, what are you using now instead of this moisturizer?
Doesnt absorb quickly
Reviewed on July 9, 2014

I purchased this with the treatment. I always have a very difficult time finding a moisturizer for my veryyyy sensitive and combination skin that wont break me out and this stuff doesnt! yay what a plus!

however, this stuff takes forever to get absorbed!! I used half the amount recommended, like half a pump, and it still takes forever to get absorbed. Once it is absorbed (a few minutes) my face doesnt feel greasy.

a lot of ppl complain about the colour, but it is no difficult than the famous clinique moisturizer! it doesnt change the colour of my skin once absorbed.

in conclusion, i like this one, i will repurchase as the positive out weight the negative!