Acne.org Moisturizer reviews

2.9/5 - 283 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Water, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Methyl Gluceth-20, Squalane, Saccharide Isomerate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetearyl Olivate, PEG-12 Glyceryl Distearate, PEG-23 Glyceryl Distearate, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

8 oz. Moisturizer
16 oz. Moisturizer
2 oz. Moisturizer

Decent
Reviewed on July 12, 2014

This moisturizer works fairly well. I don't like that it's yellow, however it gets the job done. I can find better moisturizers for the same price. It did help clear up the flakes I was having so I give it four stars. I wouldn't mind keeping this as a back up but I prefer natural moisturizers. Like I said, it definitely does it's job. Not my favorite but I would recommend it to anyone who is first starting the regimen.

Doesnt absorb quickly
Reviewed on July 9, 2014

I purchased this with the treatment. I always have a very difficult time finding a moisturizer for my veryyyy sensitive and combination skin that wont break me out and this stuff doesnt! yay what a plus!

however, this stuff takes forever to get absorbed!! I used half the amount recommended, like half a pump, and it still takes forever to get absorbed. Once it is absorbed (a few minutes) my face doesnt feel greasy.

a lot of ppl complain about the colour, but it is no difficult than the famous clinique moisturizer! it doesnt change the colour of my skin once absorbed.

in conclusion, i like this one, i will repurchase as the positive out weight the negative!

Slather it on!
Reviewed on July 4, 2014

I've learned a lot about skin in the last few years (thanks, college!) and the key to moisturizing your epidermis is to slather on the lotion love. Try this: next time you apply sunscreen, smear it all over your face. Be messy. Wait 15 minutes and see how much your skin has absorbed. It's like we're sponges! So be generous with acne.org's moisturizer, too. I've used the regimen for 3-4 years and couldn't be more positive in my recommendation. This moisturizer won't leave you oily (I have combination skin); you will have a dewy sensation though. If you have particularly oily skin, expect this moisturizer to keep you balanced. I notice my oily spots (T-zone) are apparent mid-day, but this is normal for me and not associated with subsequent breakouts as it was before the regimen. If you have the same problem, simply blot with tissue or blotting paper. If you wear make-up, be sure you are not adding to the problem! Find powders, foundation, etc., products with jojoba oil and little to no petroleum or other types of oils. JOJOBA FOR THE WIN!

SKIP THIS!
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I am so happy with the Regimen, but I did not like the moisturizer. It made my skin flakey. I skipped using the moisturizer, and I noticed my skin was clearer with out it! I then went back to using the moisturizer, and I noticed more bumps and black heads and flakiness. I no longer use a moisturizer and my skin looks great, so this might just be me!

Great moisturizer!
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

Wow, I'm surprised by all the bad reviews on here! I happen to really like this moisturizer. It's gentle and works well with my combination, sensitive skin. I guess it's a tad bit slow to absorb, as in I wouldn't go out in public without waiting a few minutes because I look shiny temporarily. But that's the only downside! There are some great ingredients in here...jojoba oil, licorice root, Squalane, vitamin E, etc.... It works well under makeup. The price is right too. All around, the whole kit is awesome. Thank you Dan!

Best Moisturizer for PM only...!
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

Edited June 14, 2014: I now only use the Moisturizer at night. I have switched to another moisturizer for the morning routine since the Acne.org Moisturizer did leave a 'tan' color to my skin. Even if I tried to mix it with my sunscreen, we could see some orange color... But I will keep buying this Moisturizer because it doesn't clog my pores and doesn't make my skin breakout. I use it a night with the Acne.org AHA+ (a small amount of it) + a few drops of the Jojoba Oil and the next day my skin looks great :) - Take note that I use the Acne.org Treatment at night only. (This stuff is awesome for acne!) :)

---------------

At first I didn't like the feel of this moisturizer on my skin. However, with the Acne.org Treatment my skin was getting more dry (also because of the weather too - winter...) I use 2 pumps at night mixed with 2-3 drops of Jojoba Oil and 1 pump in the morning mixed with 2 drops of Jojoba oil. So far it's been great! The moisturizer definitely helps with the dryness and it also doesn't make my skin break out. In fact, it's been helping my skin look better! It does have a slight tint on the skin however, but during the morning I use my sunscreen which has a white cast.. so my skin does not appear as yellow/tan or too white, perfect combo! At night I do not mind about the color! Also you get a lot for the price, I always buy the double-sized one! Just a little note, I use the Acne.org Treatment only at night and I also use a blotting sheet during the morning just to remove the excess oil. It's the best moisturizer for acne-prone skin!

Very Pleased.
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

I'm very pleased with this moisturizer. It feels very nice, not too greasy. Leaves my face feeling nice and refreshed after the drying BP.

This moisturizer looks good on paper, but it will destroy your complexion and can make you break out. Avoid.
Reviewed on May 24, 2014

I used this moisturizer for over a year between February 2013 and March 2014. I never bought it through Amazon so I can't comment on the shipping. The reason I used it so long is because of how great it looks on paper. The ingredients and formulation are all top notch. However, jojoba oil, the main component of this moisturizer, can and will make you break out if your skin doesn't like it. Contrary to what Acne.org's Daniel Kern says, there's no such thing as a non-comedogenic oil that works for everyone because everyone's skin reacts differently.

My skin did react negatively to the jojoba oil, but it took me a long time to realize that it was breaking me out. Once I stopped using this moisturizer daily, my breakouts stopped. The truth is you don't need to moisturizer if you have active acne and doing so make actually make your acne worse if your skin doesn't like the ingredients of the moisturizer you choose.

And the licochalcone in this moisturizer, while very soothing, will turn your skin YELLOW. It takes a while, but this moisturizer will completely wreck your complexion and make you look like you have jaundice. Before I started using this moisturizer I was quite pale, but after a few months of using it consistently I had people asking me if I was using a spray tanner on my face. Even after 3 months of not using it, my skin still looks slightly yellow.

The moisturizer also has a tendency to flake. Avoid this product. I swear by Acne.org's cleanser and treatment, but this moisturizer is just really terrible and the consistently negative or so-so reviews prove that. However it seems like Dan is too dogmatic to realize that the overwhelming majority of his customers prefer his old moisturizer and absolutely despise this one.

I love it
Reviewed on May 17, 2014

I was very skeptical on ordering this moisturizer because of some bad reviews but I'm glad I purchased it. I was able to try the trial size in the starter kit giveaway before I ordered the 16oz. This moisturizer is exactly what I was looking for, non greasy and light weight. Before I ordered this I was using aveeno clear complexion, it's moisturizing but a little too thick and greasy for me. In the beginning I still had a little flakiness but I think that's because I wasn't using enough because I only had he starter kit bottle and I wanted it to last until my 16oz bottle made it.

Not so good "(
Reviewed on May 13, 2014

I've been on this regimen for 6 plus months now and let me tell you this moisturizer is effective at one thing: making my face shiny. My face always looks super greased, but the dryness and flakiness are still 100% there. It's not until I changed moisturizers that my skin started to feel like skin again (as opposed to reptile feeling scales). I remember I'd ALWAYS be able to feel the roughness and tightness of my skin despite the jojoba oil, and despite the moisturizer. The only benefit of this moisturizer is that it is non-comedogenic, HOWEVER, it does contain an ingredient from Dan's "comedogenic ingredients" list, so I would recommend buying another facial moisturizer if Dan's does not work for you. Goodluck!