Acne.org Jojoba Oil

Brand: Acne.org

Most helpful review

By zkmetal on 10/31/2011
thumbnail

This stuff is so great, I recommend it to anybody. I am on Dan's regimen, and I always add extra jojoba oil to the moisturizer. It literally keeps my face looking moisturized all day and all night. You need to try this stuff if you have dry skin. Even when I use a crap load and my face LOOKs greasy, and feels great ( I can always tell if a product is blocking my pores)..

Pros:
  • *Moisturizers even the driest skin
  • *Does not clog pores
  • *Helps stop acne
  • *Anti-bacterial
  • *Long Shelf life
  • *antioxidants
  • *Makes my face glow
Cons:
  • Takes a while to absorb if you too much (if you use WAY too much it may make your face look greasy)

270 out of 405 people found this review helpful

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic).

8 oz. Organic Jojoba Oil
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Member reviews

By on

I did a little calculating and realized that the little 30 mL bottle of jojoba oil I was buying for $6 at Market of Choice was incredibly expensive compared to Dan's jojoba oil. If I were to buy 8 oz. of jojoba oil at MoC, it would cost me more than $50. From Dan, it costs me $17. That's a drastic, drastic price difference. Oh, and Dan's jojoba oil is much easier to dispense than the stuff in the annoying broad-lipped bottle.

Above and beyond that, jojoba oil is its own little miracle product. It is noncomedogenic, it softens skin and evens complexion and it reduces post-acne marks. I mix a little with my moisturizer in the morning and put on a lot at night. I wake up every morning to glowing skin. I couldn't ask for more.

Pros

• Softens skin
  • Packed with vitamin e
  • Reduces scars
  • Evens complexion
  • Improves overall look of skin
  • Cheap cheap cheap!

Cons

• Oily
  • Shiny
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 17
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Let me begin by saying this is without a doubt one of the best products I have ever used, for so many different reasons. I had read Dan's claim that he feels the Jojoba oil actually regulates his skin's own oil production and I was just perplexed. How could slathering more oil onto your face possibly make your skin LESS oily!? I don't know why or how, but it really does! And I have super oily skin.

I apply it as my nighttime moisturizer after BP and let it soak in overnight and in the morning my skin is so soft and just looks great! Yes, it makes skin very shiny for several hours. Obviously that's not really an issue at night because you're just going to bed anyway, but in the morning it can be problematic and I know a lot of other reviewers have mentioned this as a con for them.

However, if this is the issue that hinders you from using this product, try doing this:

In the mornings, I let the oil soak in for as long as I can manage, usually only about 10 minutes (we all have stuff to do and places to be and there's just no way a normal person has time to let it totally soak in during the a.m.) Then I use a translucent mineral finishing powder all over my face to soak up the oily shininess. Since you're using a translucent dust, the oil will be absorbed without adding any color/makeupy look to your skin, which makes it a perfect solution for guys too! Then you have a nice matte base ready to apply makeup onto if you choose or if you just want to go natural, you are shine-free! Just be sure to wash your makeup brushes frequently!

I love this stuff, I just cannot say enough about this product!

Pros

• Very Generous Size
  • All Natural
  • Regulates Oil Production
  • Evens Skin Tone
  • Moisturizes Extremely Well

Cons

• Bottle Leaks Slightly
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

For those of you who broke out - how many "drops" were you using? I began with one drop at a time, and see how it felt and reacted on my skin. Everybody's skin is different and not everyone's skin is going to agree well with using 7+ drops. Mine is good with 3 drops mixed in with a pea size amount with my regular moisturizer. Anything more and my skin has a negative reaction to it. It's all about finding the right amount for you.

Also, this product is GREAT for using on the legs, ladies ;) I have gotten quite compliments on how smooth my legs are, heh heh!

Pros

• Smooth, soft skin
  • Got rid of the flakiness around my nostrils that my regular moisturizer could not on its own

Cons

• Using too much than you need will cause an oily appearance effect and may yield more pimples.
  • Hate picking up the container and it feels all oily
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I stopped using jojoba oil as a moisturiser after a week because it made my acne worse.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Got comedones in places never before.
  • Got patches of irritated and red skin.
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 11.95
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've used jojoba oil for a couple years, and it's been awesome. However, just recently I made it the only moisturizer I use. There's something so mild but nourishing about jojoba ... it's so agreeable, and it makes my skin look so good ... I highly recommend it to anyone. I started applying it with a technique from a cool long-hair-care forum ... which has made me love-LOVE this healthy product. In short, I pour about one tablespoon of this jojoba oil into a little 3-ounce spray bottle (from the drugstore) then add about a tablespoon of filtered tap water, a teaspoon of Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel, and one drop of pure glycerin ... also from the drugstore. Then I shake the spray bottle until the ingredients are mixed, do a test spray on my hand to ensure that I'll be getting a super-fine mist, and then I mist my whole face: That's it! In my opinion, this jojoba oil spray has been absolutley central to my going from chronically broken-out skin to literally perfect skin ... which feels like a real miracle. I mist my face with this jojoba mix about five or six times a day: Once after both of my Regimen wash/BP applications, and then a few times a day when my skin feels dry, or I want my face to feel refreshed, cooled, or temporarily look dewy. (The jojoba does make me look a bit shiny for about half an hour before it soaks in and looks normal.) Another benefit to this application is that I no longer struggle with feeling like I'm smearing BP off of my face when I moisturize. Also, since getting serious about the Regimen, I've become almost superstitious about touching my own face ... so I try to touch my face as little as possible. Misting with jojoba helps me touch my face fewer times throughout the day. I do go through a heck of a lot of jojoba this way, but I don't care because it's just that perfect. Good stuff.

Pros

• This jojoba oil is the perfect face moisturizer!

Cons

• Until recently, I had trouble with always putting on too much.
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • $ 9
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use jojoba for all kinds of things. I add some to Dan's moisturizer (or even put it on straight) when my face is particularly dry. You just have to be careful not to use to much, or you will be shiny. I use it as a makeup remover. I use it to moisturize my lips and hands. I use it as a massage oil. I add it to warm water and lemon juice and soak my hands in it as part of a manicure.

My by gripe: The top leaks. The bottle is always covered in oil. (I hate to think what would happen if I packed this in a suitcase.) There is something gross (probably bacteria) growing in the hinge part of the cap where I can't get it clean. There is also stuff floating in the oil, which I'm guessing is also bacteria. Gross! The next bottle I buy will be decanted into a bottle that seals properly.

Pros

• Many uses
  • A few drops is plenty of moisturizer

Cons

• Bottle top doesn't seal
  • Can leave you shiny if you use too much
  • moderate
  • inconsistently
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have been doing the regimen for a while now and I think I might be allergic to BP because my skin is just as red, irritated, dry, itchy, tight and flaky as the first day I tried it and I use such a small amount so for the past week I have been cleansing and mixing this jojoba oil in with my moisturizer and completely took out the BP step and I have actually been having great results, my skin is less oily, the flakes are gone, my complexion is more even, my skin looks smoother and my existing acne is going away, all in all I absolutely love this jojoba oil and will continue my own regimen:)

Pros

• Hydrating
  • Evens complexion
  • Light scent
  • Little bit goes a long way
  • Cost effective

Cons

• None!
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 14.75
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product is amazing. As long as I have this I have no flakes. It makes the skin a bit oily but it also decreased oil production with me. This made my face 60% less red, a problem I had even before I started the regimen. This product has sooooo many uses. I highly recommend it!

Pros

• Completely took care of flakes
  • Can be used as a face mask or a moisturizer alone
  • Leaves skin super smooth
  • Lightens redness

Cons

• Can leave skin a bit oily
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

im not to crazy about this stuff. i thought it would be awsome but my skin is soooo dry that i guess even this couldnt help it. i would use it on my legs after i shave but i dont wanna walk around town smelling like plant oil. and i tried it in my hair but the oil was really hard to get out. so i pretty much have a full bottle sitting in my room and i have no use for it but i dont wanna waste it either....

i do recommend it though cause my skin is really weird so products that work for everyone else dont always work for me and vice versa. so its worth a shot

By on

Acne.org's jojoba oil is honestly one of the greatest weapons in my acne fighting arsenal... since I started using it, I haven't had dry skin at all! Trust me, order it and if you don't like it(1 in 1000 chance), you can still use it as a lip balm of moisturizer for your arms or legs or whatever

Pros

• Easily one of the best ways to get rid of dry/flakey skin
  • It's really inexpensive considering that one bottle lasts well over 6 months
  • Helps to dislodge some blackheads/solidified sebum which is nice

Cons

• I found that it appears greasy even after I let it absorb, but I do tend to over apply...
  • Maybe a bit of initial purging but it's worth it!
  • The bottle really sucks to travel with because it isn't sealed fully so a couple of drops might escape
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 15