Page 4 of Acne.org Organic Jojoba Oil reviews

4.4/5 - 135 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic).

8 oz. Organic Jojoba Oil
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Reviewed on January 19, 2012

I'm still not completely sold on the idea of using jojoba oil as my only cleanser or moisturizer. I do want to use more natural products-- I've had acne for 12 yrs now & my skin shows it. I think my skin wants a break from all the chemical/processed products I've put in/on my body/face. So I guess I really want this product to work, in whatever way is best.

This is my 2nd attempt at using jojoba as a cleanser & moisturizer, and I've gotten about 4 cysts on my cheek in the last few days, which is rare for me. I'm not going to give up yet, though. The best advice I can offer is from something I read: jojoba is similar to sebum, so it can deep clean your pores; BUT this is a 2-way street: it can bring things IN your pores just as effectively. This is why I've chosen not to use it as a make-up remover, and to be very careful about using it when my face is at all dirty or or oozing. (Sorry to be graphic, but I think it is an important point many ppl are overlooking).

Bottom line: only use when your face and hands are completely clean; don't use in excess-- be smart about it! It works wonders for flakey patches of dry skin on the face, elbows, feet, Also is an amazing hair conditioner. Sometimes I leave it in overnight and wash/condition as usual in the AM.

Reviewed on December 13, 2011

I would suggest AHA instead of jojoba to moisturize. This helps if you have small areas you want to specifically target. But to use all over the face leaves it very oil. It did not help my face for flakiness from BP.

Reviewed on November 8, 2011

Maybe this oil works on certain types of skin but i would warn anyone with oily skin who is considering purchasing jojoba oil not to, as contrary to what other reviews on this site claim its basically like throwing petrol over a burning fire.

Reviewed on November 5, 2011

excellent all natural product for a really reasonable price, cant beat that!

Reviewed on October 31, 2011

This stuff is so great, I recommend it to anybody. I am on Dan's regimen, and I always add extra jojoba oil to the moisturizer. It literally keeps my face looking moisturized all day and all night. You need to try this stuff if you have dry skin. Even when I use a crap load and my face LOOKs greasy, and feels great ( I can always tell if a product is blocking my pores).

Reviewed on October 28, 2011

OK I've experimented with this, I've been on the regimen for years. I was doing great except I wanted more a more moisturizing product to keep my skin from drying up during the day. I've used 6 drops every morning and night, mixing with my favorite moisturizer. I've used up almost the whole bottle now, took almost a year. At first I thought it was working, I was on the regimen of course, and it helped keep my skin from over-drying after the BP treatment which was a plus, but I still experienced acne every once in a week at least. One day, my skin was clear and I finally decided to go all natural and use only jojoba oil and my moisturizer. After two weeks, I experienced horrible cystic breakouts, pores were clogged (I could definitely see it). I went back on the regimen but still experienced break outs, I didn't know what was going wrong. I stopped using it for a few days and I see now that I'm clearing up a lot better... so I concluded that it clogged my pores. It took a lot of frustration and trial/error to realize this. I totally don't recommend putting this on your face... now I guess I'll just use this oil to grease up my hair clipper. I give it two stars only because it helps with dried out skin, but overall made my acne worse without me knowing.

Reviewed on August 25, 2011

I have mixed feelings about this product. I really wanted to love this product, but it sadly broke me out with really inflamed spots. I also noticed clogged whiteheads. Some might say it's because of purging, but once I stopped using it my skin got better. Although it's not suppose to be comedogenic, I would be cautious with using this if you have sensitive skin. It did however, make my dry patches of skin smoother when mixed in with my moisturizer, but made me look greasy so I only used it at night. The bottle is really big so it'll probably last forever. Instead of using it on my face now, I use it to remove eye makeup, clean and recondition my makeup brushes since jojoba has antibacterial properties. Overall, not recommended for sensitive skin, but it's multifunctional, so I guess if you try it on your skin and it doesn't work out, you can find another reason to use it so it's not wasted.

Reviewed on June 7, 2011

Great product, really bad packaging.

Start slow, with a drop or two and then move up if you need to. Daniel uses 6 drops, but that makes me look like an oil slick. I use more at night and less in the morning to make sure that I don't look oily during the day.

Reviewed on May 13, 2011

This stuff is amazing. I apply almost day and night, I use it in my face wash. I also use it in my moisturizer. This stuff is great. It leaves my skin super soft. It has also been helping with my uneven skin tone, and alleviate post acne red marks. My friends love it too.

Reviewed on May 12, 2011

The best thing about jojoba oil is that it won't clog pores, so you can just rub it everywhere and see what works.

Some of the things I use it for:

Hair conditioner

After shave

Moisturizer

You don't have to use a lot of it, 6 drops should be enough for your entire face. It should last you over 5 months.

The only beef I have with this is the cap. The cap allows you to dispense small drops, which is great. BUT after I used it for a few days, the whole bottle became covered in a thin layer of oil. It got to the point where I have to use the oil that leaked out of the bottle more than the oil inside the bottle.

Hopefully they can fix the packaging because it's super irritating (at least to me) right now.