Page 12 of Acne.org Jojoba Oil reviews

4.4/5 - 130 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Jojoba Oil (100% Organic).

8 oz. Organic Jojoba Oil
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Reviewed on June 4, 2008

This really seems to be unclogging my pores. I am 35 and have had a problem with clogged pores since I began college. Since I started to use this, with the acne.org regimen (Dan's products) my skin is really getting clear. Deep clogged pores immediately started coming to the surface and were super easy to extract.

Reviewed on June 4, 2008

I never mixed it with any facial moisturizer. It provides temporary relief to dry, flaky skin. The effect can last the whole day. I use little to moderate amount because putting too much on makes my skin look shiny.

I don't use it on the oiliest areas of my face because I noticed that it's made those areas more greasy after a few hours, and, in turn, the enlarged pores looked more noticeable.

I've never really tried applying it directly on my scalp. I've used it only on my hair shaft after using shampoo, and it works well as hair conditioner. My hair stays moisturized the whole day.

The oil leaks from the other end of the dispenser. That's not a good thing because it can harbor a lot of microorganisms. You need to wipe the oil off the bottle after use.

Reviewed on June 4, 2008

I've been using jojoba oil to shave with. I use a small handful of it to shave my face and neck instead of shaving cream. Put it on full strength to the area you want to shave. It works better than shaving cream, and about the same as a shave gel. I've used it with both Gillette Good News and the Mach 3 razors.

I also used it to get some machine oil off my hands and it dissolved it right off.

Reviewed on June 3, 2008

It's a good product. Although i wouldn't use is a my main mositeriser it does the job well. However at the end of the day it is an oil and it left my skin looking oily and feeling oily. The real plus about this is that only a few drops are required. I used it soidly for 3 weeks and barely took anything out of the bottle. However it had a strange effect around my nose area. It peels away the dead sink on my nose leaving me to having to gently picking them off. My nose is probaby the most dry place on my face and it flakes bad so maybe that has something to do with it? All in all a good product but i would much rather a proper moisteriser. I am looking forward to trying the alpha hydroxy moisteriser when it is finished. I am hoping this can give me the results i used to get with the Eucerin AHA moisteriser.

Reviewed on June 3, 2008

I love this stuff, mixing a few drops into my moisturizer or combing it through my hair. I've used Desert Essence and another brand (that I can't remember right now). The consistency of Dan's jojoba is lighter and spreads more easily.. It comes in such a large, economical bottle with a great top dispenser that lets you get a drop or a squirt out at a time. I totally recommend it.

Reviewed on May 28, 2008

EXCELLENT way to remove crusty scalp buildup and hardened sebum deposits! Nothing else has worked so well! Using basic and natural products is the way to go!

GREAT SCALP CLEANSER

Reviewed on May 21, 2008

Love this product, will not use another form, this is a plentiful size and great price.

Reviewed on May 20, 2008

If you are trying to find natural alternatives to chemicalized moisturizers, then this is a product for you. I also recommend getting a "100% Cocoa Butter" stick, which is easy to apply and very addicting, and allows you to change moisturizers according to your mood.

I believe that Organic Jojoba oil is a basic essential needed in everyone's regime.

Reviewed on May 17, 2008

If you're using jojoba oil in your routine, I can't recommend this particular version highly enough. I've been using jojoba oil for over a year now, and I much prefer this one to the non-organic Desert Essence variety I used to use because of the bottle, the price, and the organicness. I use JO with the Acne.org regimen (apply it all over my face before applying BP to soften my skin, occasionally apply larger amounts as a sort of conditioning moisturizing mask--see my threads for details) and it has been crucial in getting me through cold dry weather without flakes. My skin looks and feels soft, full, and healthier thanks to incorporating in the JO. Now I don't have to worry about accidentally knocking the bottle over and watching JO go down the sink, too (yes, this happened to me with the old Desert Essence bottles).