Page 2 of Acne.org Cleanser reviews

4.4/5 - 342 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Cleanser

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Cleanser
16 oz. Cleanser
3.4 oz. Cleanser
Acne.org Cleanser

Great value for your money
Reviewed on September 7, 2016

I'd have to say this cleanser is by the the most effective there is. Been using it for years and it has greatly helped clear my acne. Gentle on my skin too!

Great travel buddy!
Reviewed on September 2, 2016

Just the right size and lasts a long time! And the formula is perfect for my skin - cleans without making it dry. I strongly recommend this product.

Best Thing For My Skin
Reviewed on August 18, 2016

PROS: I have been using the regimen for about 3 years now. It is honestly the best thing that ever happened to my skin. I suffered from bad acne all my teenage/early adult life. I even tried Accutane, but my acne came back even stronger about 6 months after my treatment ended. This is the only thing that has ever gotten rid of acne 99.9% for me.

I use this every day and buy it about twice a year.

CONS: If I stop using the product I break out almost immediately. If I don't use the regimen exactly as directed (face wash, treatment,moisturizer) it does not seem to work as well and I start to see small breakouts around my jawline/forehead.

Overall, if you struggle with acne I recommend you buy small bottles and see if this is good for your skin type. I remember it drying my skin at first, and the moisturizer feeling extremely heavy and greasy. My skin has gotten used to the products by now and I find that the moisturizer is not that bad if you allow enough time for it to dry/evaporate/sink in.

want to love it, but dries me out!
Reviewed on August 5, 2016

I've used really harsh cleansers, but for whatever reason this just dries me out. I have really oily skin and am rarely dry anywhere but around my mouth or eyes. it's probably the only cleanser I've used that keeps my skin oily free most of the day and I want to love it but I don't think it agrees with my skin. I used it in conjunction with BP and moisturizer from The Regimen. my skin was clear but so so dry and horribly flaky. Cetaphil works better for me if I'm using BP. but I still would recommend trying it!

I love this stuff!
Reviewed on July 23, 2016

I like this stuff better than my African Black Soap! It doesn't dry out my skin at all and it's just...so gentle and so clean!

Best cleanser out there!
Reviewed on June 14, 2016

I can't say enough about this whole line, including the cleanser. I have cystic acne, and very sensitive skin. I used to use Spectra Jel, but my skin stopped responding to it, and my skin never felt really "clean". I love this product for it's gentleness and for its lather. I feel clean, but not too dry after. Best cleanser out there.

Too Early
Reviewed on June 9, 2016

It's probably WAY too early for me to decipher whether or not this is a good product after only two days of use, but I can say that I'm really impressed by how strong, yet gentle it is. The acne.org regimen recommends that you use two pumps and gently work the skin for up to 10 seconds, which seemed really weird to me - especially coming from the St. Ives Grapefruit scrub cleanser that would sometimes take me not one, but two rinses before my face was totally clean and makeup free! Still, I'm following the regimen, and after 10 seconds of gently working two pumps of product on my face, the skin is CLEAN!! All makeup - concealer, powder, blush, bronzer, mascara, shadow, EVERYTHING - GONE!!! LOL!!!! Very very impressive to me, and it proves that its possible to not have to irritate my skin with anything harsh or abrasive in order to get the results I'm looking for - clean, fresh skin. Love that.

OUCH!!
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

So I've only used this three times, but it was so painful that I wanted to write a review.

This cleanser seemed so innocently gentle and creamy when I was lathering it in my hands, but I was in AGONY the moment I touched my face! After the 10 painstakingly slow seconds - I could not get this stuff off fast enough!! That being said, my face felt fine once I got it rinsed off, and after my face dried, my skin felt great! It really works as a cleanser - got my makeup off without burning my eyes (not that I put it in my eyes or anything but still) and it left my skin feeling pleasantly tight without feeling overly dry. I do not have sensitive skin, nor am I allergic to any of the ingredients.

My skincare routine prior to the regimen was Cetaphil's Oil Control Foam Wash (which I highly recommend) and Epiduo: a prescription of 2.5% adapalene and BP. Since my skin is accustomed to BP products - which this line is intended for, I did not expect that the cleanser would hurt so much! The treatment and moisturizer stung a bit, which I expected due to my slight flakiness from my old routine, but this cleanser was SO PAINFUL! It felt like it was penetrating my skull and giving me a headache!

I'm going to continue to try to use this - perhaps the addition of a moisturizer to my routine will tone down the flakiness and make the cleanser hurt less. I really want to give the regimen a wholehearted try, but if I can't stand it, I will be switching back to my old cleanser.

Lasts me 6 months!!
Reviewed on June 6, 2016

I love this cleanser! Great price, quality & the 16 oz bottle lasts me 6 months! I use it with either a rubber face scrubby or a rotating brush (like Clarisonic, but I got the Ulta brand one for a way lower price!). It's gentle and doesn't overdry my skin. (Washing your face with your hands alone will not get your face clean enough - but that's with any product.)

read ingredients
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

I have been using this product for almost a month and my face is rashed up. I thought the rash would have cleared by now, but it hasn't. I didn't realize that one of the ingredients is oak bark abstract, which I am highly allergic to. 😢😢