Page 2 of Acne.org Gentle Cleanser reviews

4.3/5 - 301 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Cleanser
16 oz. Cleanser
2 oz. Cleanser

IT WORKS... WITH MODIFICATONS
Reviewed on January 3, 2014

Im in my 40's, Asian, NEVER had zits in my entire life. 12 mos ago, started to have stress acne. Ive tried these cleansers: Neutorgena, cetaphil, Boots Botanics, oatmeal soap. These didnt do much for my acne (forehead, chin, a couple on my cheeks).

I followed CLEANSER instruction of Acne.org, but only saw a light improvement.

I modified:

Evening:

Wet face with warm water.

1 pump (size of a dollop) on my palm, apply directly on problem areas, then work out a lather. I do this for about 60 seconds.

Repeat. (so im soaping my face twice)

Pat dry (sometimes is "scrub" a tiny just to get a feeling of "freshness")

Morning:

Same as evening routine but only wash once.

If i have active acne (or feel like one is coming on), I use Acne.org TREATMENT benzoyl, after allowing my face to dry 5 minutes.

If no active acne, after pat dry, APPLY AURA CACIA GRAPESEED OIL.

KEEP IT SIMPLE.

My skin cannot tolerate creams at all.

by jhvoorhies on 01/25/2014 16:10
You do realize that you should only lather this on your face for 10-30 seconds? Over washing leads to over drying.
by adryzom11 on 07/05/2014 12:42
sounds good to me :)
Amazing
Reviewed on December 28, 2013

I love this stuff and have been using it since 2012. I was suffering from adult cystic acne, probably caused by heavy makeup. I also have sensitive skin.

I absolutely love this cleanser and have been using it since 2012. It cleanses my face (removes makeup) without irritating my skin. Using the complete acne kit, I saw major improvements and great results in days. Definitely recommend for someone who has sensitive skin and suffers from cystic acne.

It dries out my skin
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I like the packaging as the pump is really handy to have however the cleanser dries out my skin. I have combination skin and I have noticed that soon after washing my face, my skin feels really tight. I only use a full pump and do not rub my face when I use the cleanser.

Otherwise it is very good to take off my makeup. I shall continue to use my Decleor cleanser for oily skin from now on. It never leaves my skin feeling tight.

Great Cleanser Mostly Natural W/ Panthenol
Reviewed on November 13, 2013

I am a huge fan of natural care products. Although this isn't 100% chem free, it does come really close. I've used numerous products and this tops them for soap. I'm not a huge fan of BP because I love the sun, but I see myself ordering the cleanser for life.

Best cleanser ever! Gone through countless 16oz bottles!
Reviewed on October 23, 2013

I absolutely love this cleanser! I tried it years ago with the acne.org system. I no longer use the rest of the system, as Retin-A ended up being my solution to clearing my acne... and now in my mid-twenties I think I have grown out of acne for the most part as well. However, I have continued to use the cleanser for all these years. I wear makeup on a daily basis and it does such an excellent job at removing even heavy makeup! Gentle ingredients, doesn't leave any residue, and is non-drying even though I sometimes cleanse my face several times with it. Love Love Love <3 Happy about the free shipping now with orders over $40, I normally order several bottles at a time. I usually use this on my body as well, trust it more than any other cleansers! I am not cheap when it comes to skin care and have used many high-end brands, but overall I look at ingredients and how a product performs. I can definitely say this is the best cleanser I have ever tried!

The best cleanser in the world!!!
Reviewed on October 12, 2013

The best cleanser in the world!!! is the only thing i want to share with you!!!

Gentle and effective!
Reviewed on September 14, 2013

I love this product. The cleanser is gentle and leaves my skin feeling clean without being overly drying. I've been using it as part of The Regimen and I'm seeing dramatic improvements in my skin.

Gentle and effective
Reviewed on June 11, 2013

This is the gentlest facial cleanser I have ever used. I am updating since I first bought it. It is the best I've ever found. My face does not get irritated by it beyond the flaking and dryness I get from BP. I will most definitely continue using it!

Reviewed on April 5, 2013

If you have extremely sensitive skin I do not recommend this.My skin is very sensitive to almost all sulfates. I recommend using a foaming cleanser.

I personally use the Aveeno Ultra Calming Foaming Cleanser. Using soap-free cleanser DO make a difference for me. Now I just use the remainder of the acne.org cleanser I have left as hand soap.

It's terrific hand-soap lol.

by Idk2014 on 08/27/2014 03:26
It's interesting to me that you recommend a foaming cleanser, since almost anything that foams up with the addition of water (shampoo, facial washes, toothpaste, dish soap, etc) contains a foaming agent called sodium laurel sulfate.
Reviewed on March 24, 2013

I would highly recommend this product to anyone with acne or even without! I did not feel it was over drying and the bottle will last quite a while. The price is so reasonable and inexpensive compared to other drug store cleansers. Lathers up way better than my Cetaphil Gentle. Will definitely continue to purchase.