Acne.org Cleanser reviews

4.4/5 - 359 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org Cleanser

Water, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Laureth 13 Carboxylate, Disodium Cocamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sage Extract, Cucumber Extract, White Oak Bark Extract, Panthenol, Allantoin, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylgluceth-20, Polysorbate-20, Quaternium-15, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA.

8 oz. Cleanser
16 oz. Cleanser
3.4 oz. Cleanser

BEST CLEANSER I'VE TRIED
Reviewed on May 10, 2017

I've been using this cleaner now for a little over and 2 weeks and it is definitely my favorite. It doesn't dry out my skin, removes makeup, and feels great. The regimen calls for 2 pumps I only use 1 it lathers really well, I feel as though 2 pumps wastes product. It is also cost effective $11 for 16oz is really good and competitive with cleansers like cerave. I will continue to purchase this product its a staple.

The best
Reviewed on May 3, 2017

Best cleanser I've ever used!!

It's very gentle and does not irritate my skin.

The best cleanser out there!
Reviewed on April 23, 2017

This is probably acne.org's best product, in my opinion.

It is effective at removing make-up.

It is gentle and can be used twice a day.

And most importantly, it does not break me out.

Although I do not follow the recommended 10 second rule more like 1 minute of gentle cleansing, it still works well for me.

No doubt my favourite out of all the acne.org products.

My Favourite!
Reviewed on April 6, 2017

What a fantastic product! I absolutely love the entire regimen, but the cleanser is what I love most in particular. My skin responds best when I use the entire regimen (cleanser, peroxide, moisturizer) as instructed, however, I have also tried periods of using each product individually. I have found that my skin responds best and most rapidly to the cleanser (when I do use the products individually). It offers such a gentle and deep clean; it is the one product I run out of fastest. I certainly recommend it to everyone and anyone who suffers from minor-severe acne.

The one and only reason that I have to remove one star is because the cleanser has a tendency to dry out my skin around my eyes and lips every now and then. After reading reviews, and using the product individually, I know for certain that it is due to the cleanser. My solution has been to avoid washing too close to my mouth and eyelids with the cleanser. Instead, I just splash water; if I am wearing make-up and need it removed, I remove it with jojoba oil and wash it off with water. I also moisturize well around my eyelids and mouth after wash. This seems to do the trick for me.

Great cleanser with 1 really bad ingredient!!
Reviewed on April 5, 2017

I loved this cleanser (and the entire 3 step process). However, about 4 months after using the products on a daily basis i developed contact dermatitis. My eyelids were red, itchy, scaly and dry. It looked like I had eczema. I thought it was being caused by my eye make-up; either the shadow or the liquid liner. I stopped using them but the problem continued. I did some research and found that one of the top allergens that cause this type of dermatitis is quaternium-15. I began looking through all ingredients on the products I used daily. The only product this showed up in was the acne.org facial cleanser. I stopped using it immediately and within 3 days my eyes had cleared up. The cleaner was a great product and I'm disappointed I can no longer use it. However, acne.org may want to consider removing this awful chemical. I have seen other posts where people complained of the same type issues but assumed it was the benzoyl peroxide gel. It's not! It's definitely the cleanser.

A MUST
Reviewed on April 2, 2017

Hundreds of dollars saved. Simple. WORKS. follow directions that comes w/ Regimen. Acne.org's products have truly made my life more simple.

Great great great!!!!!!
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

This is one of the best cleansers ever! This cleans my skin effectivly removes left over makeup residue and rinses clean. My skin is not stripped and feels balanced which is unlike other cleansers that can make my skin over produce oil.

One of the best cleansers I've ever used
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

I've always used cleansers containing acids and sometimes sulfates from French brands such as Avene, Vichy, La Roche Posay etc. So I was a bit skeptical as this cleanser has no acid. I thought it wouldn't clean my oily skin properly. Well, I was wrong. Lucky me I bought the biggest size. It's very gentle, it doesn't break me out and it cleans deeply. My face feels smooth, but not oily at all. The product and the price are great. Give it a go, you will not regret.

Good, but would not repurchase
Reviewed on March 23, 2017

It's a pretty good gentle cleanser that can remove makeup, but the preservatives used in the cleanser are carcinogenic and extremely dangerous for the skin in the long haul. If I had checked the ingredients before purchasing I would not have bought it, but I was swayed by its affordability. After I finish my bottle I'm not going to repurchase. If the company considers switching out the preservative in the cleanser to a more gentle preservative like sodium benzoate, I would give it a second chance. But I'm not that familiar with the pricing of skincare ingredients though, so it might significantly up the price.

by Nicolemarie0922 on 04/05/2017 03:47
I had a terrible reaction to the preservative (quaternium-15) that is found in this cleanser. It took me months to figure out what was causing my eyelids to become red, itchy and scaly. This company definitely needs to reformulate this product!
Great for my sensitive, oily skin
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

This cleanser is perfect. A lot of products are irritating to my skin, but this one is very mild yet effective for my extremely oily skin. It even works great as a shampoo! The price is right and it lasts a long time. I highly recommend this great product.