Page 5 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1277 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

works well then stops
Reviewed on February 15, 2015

I've been using the regimen for a full year now and I went from moderate skin to completely clear and back and forth, once I stop using the Bp my acne comes back

by ParkerJepson on 02/16/2015 01:48
Than why not keep using it?
by ParkerJepson on 02/16/2015 01:48
Than why not keep using it?
by dollylapraline23 on 05/10/2015 15:05
Because it is a chemical are we suppos├ęs to use it for Life ???
Works! :)
Reviewed on February 14, 2015

The product works. I have had mild acne, with some cysts and I also have quite dry skin (not oily at all) and my brother had moderate acne with dry skin - we both use this, and it has eliminated my acne completely. Except the occasional spot, but no more than what is normal for most people. My brother's acne is clearing effectively as well. We both tried a different brand of Benzoyl Peroxide (5%) it worked well too, but this worked even better in completely clearing my acne like the other one didn't do. Bottom line is: This is a cheap, and in my opinion also the best, option to clear acne. I put only jojoba oil afterwards, rarely do I use any cream/moisturizer and I find that to help keeping me clear as well... I think the simplicity of just oil is good for the skin.

This changed my life!
Reviewed on February 8, 2015

After 15 years of struggling with blemishes, I stumbled upon the acne.org regimen and it has completely changed my skin. This BP is the one product on this website that I think is truly IRREPLACEABLE. I give it 5 stars for 3 reasons. 1) It works. You have to give it time. The first 2-3 months were terrible. My skin was extremely dry and flaky. New pimples were still surfacing. I started to notice a dramatic improvement on the 4th month. I'm now on month 8 and enjoying very clear skin. 2) The consistency is gel-like and smooth. This makes it very easy to spread all over the face and usable under makeup. 3) It's affordable. For the amount of product you get, this is a steal. I cannot recommend this enough. :)

I can't recommend this highly enough
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

I just wanted to add my voice to the people saying this stuff really works, and you should definitely try it if you haven't already.

I've followed the regimen very closely for 8 months now (though I only need to do it once a day), and in that time I've had 99.9% clear skin. This is after 12 years of acne including some very nasty cysts, and three courses of Accutane (which worked while I was on it, but not afterwards).

This stuff is way better than anything a dermatologist has ever given me, and I just wish I'd heard about it sooner. The only cons that I've found are it does dry the skin, so a lot of (good) moisturiser is needed (I use Cerave PM), and it will cause bleaching of clothes if you don't thoroughly wash and dry your hands after using it. The regimen also takes up a short amount of time each day. However, all of these things are completely insignificant compared to the benefits.

I also suggest you get an AHA in case you do still get an occasional spot. Personally I bought Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-Wrinkle, which absolutely annihilated the 3-5 small spots I have had over the past 8 months.

Amazing
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

Within a week acne that had burdened my life for 30 years (yes 30 years) had disappeared. I tried Dan's products about 7 years ago when they first came out and was NOT impressed. Very drying and the moisturizer didn't help much. Almost "aged" the skin noticeably. Primitive compared to the excellent products today. The range has improved vastly and glad I tried them this year. Excellent

Already seeing results !!
Reviewed on January 26, 2015

I've always had moderate to bad hormonal acne... An I've tried everything an nothing worked.. And Ok I know it's early days but I've been using BP for 2 days now an already I'm starting to see my acne clear up !!

I'm waiting for the flaky stage... An ready for it with vitamin A intense moisturiser... So far so good fingers crossed I've finally found something that will work

Amazing!!!
Reviewed on January 25, 2015

I first started using the treatment in 2011. My sister introduced me to this product. I was skeptical at first because I had tried many different products before and none cleared my acne. I was getting desperate so I went ahead and tried the treatment with the AHA. In less than a month, my friends and co-workers noticed the difference in my skin. My skin cleared and is radiant, and everyone I knew kept asking me what I am using. I never used any other product since then. My friend who had acne problems also started using it and like me, she is very satisfied with the results. I'd give this 2 thumbs up!

Be Careful!!
Reviewed on January 18, 2015

So I am a newbie at The Regimen, I bought the whole package and have been using it for about 16 days now. Everyone says how your skin gets dry for the first 2 or 3 weeks before your skin gets used to the BP, but I started out very quick. The very first time, I used barely any. However, after my 2nd or 3rd time I was squeezing out wayyy too much BP and I was definitely clueless. I was going about the first couple of days on top of the world- using tons of BP and saying to myself, "wow my skin isn't even dry and it's already clearing up!" Well, of course after a few days it caught up to me and the dryness kicked in- big time. After maybe a week or so it was really bad and flaky, especially around my mouth and chin. Now it's been over 2 weeks and the dryness only seems to be getting worse. It's extremely flaky and scaly and so it's hard to go out in public. It looks like my skin is peeling and it's difficult to control it. Last week I was panicking and I was using less BP and 3 pumps of moisturizer with 6 drops of Jojoba oil. That's when I started noticing how the yellow lotion makes my face look slightly tanned- I've gotten more than one person ask me if I went on vacation. Anyway, at this point I'm still trying to use less BP (though it's hard to measure exactly when it's a tube and not a pump) and I'm using 2 pumps of moisturizer with 8 drops of Jojoba oil. Since I'm still in the early stages I don't know what's to come. The only complaint I have about BP and the Regimen in general is the dryness. It gets hard to deal with and it's almost more embarrassing than the pimples. However, it's just barely been 2 weeks and I seriously see a difference. Of course I still have pimples, but nothing usually works on my face (especially not this fast) so I'm really excited. If the dryness goes away eventually, I'd definitely up my review to 5 stars! :)

by IamRhondaRenee on 03/25/2015 20:17
I have been on the Regimen for 6 days now and I have experienced the dryness and flaking as well. The moisturizer is a God sent even though it takes awhile to sink in. Please give me an update on your progress thus far. I'm curious.
Ouch :(
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

I am just finishing week one, so I will update this review in another week. I am using a tiny amount, less than a pea size, and it itches sooo bad! It makes my skin red and swollen, too. I started mixing it with the moisturizer when I apply, which helps, but I do not know how I will ever be able to apply more than a pea size amount. My skin is really, really sensitive (and possibly allergic to BP). I am slathering jojoba oil all over my face, which really helps my dry skin and decreases the irritation a little. I will increase the stars in a week if I start to get over this horrible reaction. I cannot ever give this five stars though, because this just does not seem right to me. BP does not cure the underlying causes of acne; it only treats the symptoms. This is an irritating chemical, and I cannot imagine using it indefinitely.

by WindGolfSurf on 01/15/2015 20:28
Also, DO NOT use this product or any new chemical for the first time at night before you go to bed. When you first use a new product, you need to be awake for at least an hour after you put it on, so you can monitor how your skin is handling it. I made this mistake the first time I tried BP. I put on a tiny amount with moisturizer like I am supposed to, and I went to sleep five minutes later. In the middle of the night, I woke up with a red swollen face and neck, and I could not open my eyes. It would not have gotten that bad if I had noticed the problem earlier and washed it off. USE CAUTION and do not make this mistake!!
Love This BP
Reviewed on January 13, 2015

I used to be a slave to Neutrogena On The Spot treatment because it was the only 2.5% BP available over the counter. It got pretty expensive, and I first tried Dan's BP several years ago in an attempt to buy a larger quantity of BP for cheaper. Back then, he had a different formula, and my skin didn't tolerate it very well so I went back to using On The Spot. Then, a couple of years ago, I decided to give Dan's BP another shot. It is amazing stuff. The formula is different, and my skin has been remarkably better since switching- so much so that I don't even have to use it every day anymore to get the full benefit. It's great for body application, too. I highly recommend this BP to anyone who isn't allergic or sensitive to BP because it is way more economical than the alternative. Also, as much as it sucks, try to remember that we are all biochemically unique, so what works for one person isn't guaranteed to work for another. With that said, I wish everyone the best of luck.