Page 5 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1386 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Use different moisturizer if you are purging!!!
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

So I have used this benzoyl peroxide for about 4+ years now.. I usually only use it at night and it keeps my acne at bay. However, it does not completely keep me acne free but very very mild! Mild for me was about 2-3 small new pimples every week or 1 cystic pimple every month. I was okay with that and continue to use it only at night. About 3 months ago I started breaking out a lot and I think it was due to either stress from dental school or hormones, whatever it was, using this product only at night did not keep my acne as mild as I liked...and i started getting 5+ pimples at once..I also had more than 1 cystic acne month to month. So i started following the regimen precisely, substituting the face wash with Cerave Hydrating Facewash (dry-noraml skin) and the moisturizer with Cerave Moisturizing Lotion. At first, I bought the Cerave fashwash for OILY skin since my skin was pretty oily and that was a huge mistake, as it extremely dried out my face when used in combination with the benzoyl peroxide. So after i switched to the face wash for DRY skin, my skin was not as dry...however I was still getting acne and my skin was still flaking..I thought this was "purging" or my skin was still getting used to it, but I knew my skin was just irritated. I decided to switch my moisturizer to PONDS, and let me tell you that this absolutely did the trick. After two days I was no longer getting new pimples...maybe only very very small ones that aren't noticeable or red, just bumpy if you run your fingers across it. So this is why I knew it was the moisturizer that caused my skin to so call "purge"...So my skin was continuously getting better and after a few weeks it was mainly acne scars..Once my skin hit this point, I went on vacation and could only pack Cerave moisturizer into my 3 oz container because those who have PONDS know that its almost impossible to take out moisturizer from that tub. Anyways, I still followed the regimen but the only difference was the moisturizer..and after 2 weeks, my skin was once again dry, irritated, and breaking out. When I went back home, I realized it could be the moisturizer and voilaaaaa...it was...my skin went back being pimple free!! Albeit, still very dry, but I was not as bad and no longer getting new pimples. Also, I started using AHA+ every night mixed in with my moisturizer and it absolutely took care of the dry skin...The first two times I used it, it made my face EXTREMELY red and irritated..but stick through it and use a little bit each day and I promise you, it will change your life. I know this is a long post but I wanted to be as clear as possible to help anyone else out there dealing with acne.

Great!!! Just dryness
Reviewed on June 21, 2016

This is my second week using the BP treatment & my skin is very dry & flaky my acne is clearing up but now i have a crackly face especially when I wear make up it looks like a desert so dry! Does anyone have advice how long does this dryness and peeling last?

by CreditedGlue on 06/26/2016 04:37
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!! Once the BP absorbs you should apply tons of moisturizer. If the one your are using now isn't working try using a richer one. I also recommend oils such as jojoba or organ. They really help balance my skin and control oiliness. Don't give up on the BP. Good luck!
Help
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

I started using the acne regimen and my skin started peeling!! Is that normal ?

by Emilie Riley on 07/05/2016 09:55
This is really normal! the skin dries out due to the benzoyl peroxide and when it peels off, clear skin is revealed underneath
Miraculous!!!!!
Reviewed on June 16, 2016

I'm 30 years old, have had acne since age 12. Finally decided to use accutane after lots of different products, esthetician visits, microdermabrasion etc. That was age 18, and face was good for a couple years. Started coming back mild to moderate, plus i have a bad skin picking habit which makes mild acne heal much slower. I tried accutane 6 months ago on a milder dose after retin A failed miserably. It didn't help much at all, my skin was dry and blemished, a very hard combo! Soooo decided to try acne.org regimen. I guess I never gave BP a real chance. Glycolic acid has helped some in the past. The Regimen has been a miracle! I started reeeeally slow with the BP cuz it made makeup look gross. I also used the jojoba oil with moisturizer due to dryness. The regimen was working okay but! I ran out of the moisturizer, and because it's expensive to ship to Canada, I decided to buy cetaphil daily advance for dry sensitive skin. This combination has been AMAZING. For the first time in years I have had no new pimples for a couple of weeks, I'm not skin picking anymore because my skin is moisturuzed and not irritated/itchy/bumpy. My makeup looks normal, I feel more confident going to work, looking people in the eye. I had always wondered if I would ever find the magic combo of products that works for me but this is it! Cleanse, Cetaphil moisturizer in am, and cleanse, BP and liberal cetaphil in evening (no need to use jojoba with this moisturizer) and glycolic acid 2x per week at night. PURE GENIUS!!!!

AMAZING!
Reviewed on June 14, 2016

This product has changed my life. I'm 39 and have cystic acne. I've tried everything out there, and was one step away from trying Accutane. This cleared up my skin completely in one month (signs of improvement within the first day!), and now I use it daily. I barely need any now, and just use it on my problem areas (chin, forehead, nose). I use with the Acne.org cleanser (also amazing), and sometimes use the glycolic acid when I need extra help. This whole line is unbelievable. Friends and family can't believe the transformation.

Breaking out?
Reviewed on June 13, 2016

I've been using this for 3 1/2 weeks, when I first started I had acne on the sides of my cheeks and a little on my forehead and that's really it. Those places are totally cleared up now! But now I'm started to get small white heads or small pimples that turn into white heads within a couple hours of them showing up and they're gone within a day or two. It won't stop happening and it gets worse then gets better and is this annoying cycle. Idk why this is happening anyone have any advice?

!!!
Reviewed on June 13, 2016

i normally dont leave reviews but this was the best purchase i have ever made. I honestly have used so many products from the indian clay mask to using prescription products. It would work for awhile then stop, or would dry my skin out and more acne would come. But this product dries out the acne with care lol if that makes sense. Not so harsh where your skin starts to hate you but not so light where its not working. Just be patient, delicate, and consistent and it will work for you. Gaining my self confidence back thanks to this product. Hope this products works for you as well as it did for me.

Great!
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

I have dry skin and break outs. I've tried many things like vitamins, food, lifestyle, skin products, etc. This product helps and during really bad break outs, lessens and improves the area. It's not a miracle product and I do have to use both aloe and moisturizer to counteract the drying effect but overall, it's in my skin routine for a reason. I rub it in to my t-zone and read the forums to trouble shoot. Just finished my first 8 oz bottle that lasted me 9 months. I'm buying again :)

Worked for me!
Reviewed on June 4, 2016

I have been using this for the last 4 years and it is the only thing that has worked! Even now at age 25, if I slack off on washing my face and using this then my face will break out. This bottle lasts me almost a year because I do not use as much. I use about half of my finger length every morning and evening and it works for me. I had horrible acne before finding this and had been on Accutane for about a month when I had to quit due to some complications. Since using this I have not had any major breakouts and will continue to use it!

Skin Rash
Reviewed on June 2, 2016

I'm going into my second week of treatment and was wondering if anyone experienced a prickly looking rash.My skin is very tight,itchy and slightly red.Any insight would greatly be appreciated thanks!

by Leanaplewis on 06/13/2016 06:44
honestly thats exactly what happened to mine. Then i started to assume it was too much for my skin. So i started to use less but rubbed it in really well and use a good moisturizer (i use raw shea butter) and it made a huge difference.