Page 5 of Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment reviews

4.4/5 - 1138 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

doesnt work anymore
Reviewed on January 8, 2014

This worked great for my skin and cleared up some acne for a few months but not fully, still had breakouts. Towards the end of my tube, this product applied to my face made it SUPER red the next day and I had patches of rednesss wherever I applied. I bought a new tube thinking that it was probably defective after time passed, but same result. RED PATCHES, made it look like i had a skin disease.

Works great!
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

I couldn't find 2.5% BP in Toronto, so I ordered this. The tube is HUGE, and the cost is way less than the 5% BP available locally. The Regimen completely worked for me, my skin has never looked better.

This really works if you use it right.
Reviewed on December 15, 2013

I completely cleared my skin over a year ago by following the regimen to a tee. Then I went off of it, thinking I had cured my acne completely. 6 months later it came back. I went back on the treatment at the beginning of this year and once again, followed each step of the regimen carefully. At first, while my skin was clear, because I have VERY dry skin naturally, it flaked every day horribly. I was constantly in a dilemma of "do I scrub the dead skin off my face, thus irritating my skin and going against the regimen? Or do I leave it and look horrible all the time?" But then I read about introducing AHA a month into the regimen because it exfoliates your skin without having to irritate it, you just use it in place of your moisturizer every other night or mix it with your moisturizer. It supposedly eliminated flakes. I bought it and no lie the first time I mixed it in with my moisturizer my flakes were gone, my skin was glowing and perfectly smooth and still clear. I highly recommend the entire regimen, and I recommend doing EXACTLY as the instructions say. Even someone with extremely dry, sensitive skin like me has had success with it. TWICE.

It was good
Reviewed on December 14, 2013

I've used the regimen in the past and it cleared up my acne. I stopped using it for about a year without any breakouts and then my acne started to reappear! It was a bad decision stop, which was my fault. Now I'm back on using the regimen. Well, for the most part the treatment. I remember on both counts having super dry irritated skin when starting the treatment. I'm using the treatment again and my face is still flaky even with jojoba oil added into the moisturizer. It's been a bit over 3 months since I've been back on the treatment and my acne hasn't gone down. If not, it's still the same to worse around my jaw line and I have never had any serious breakouts along my jaw line. I'm giving it a 4 star because it has worked in the past and I am hoping my acne will clear up like it once did. I believe that the moisturizer from the regimen may be the main cause of my acne still persisting. I know I should probably do a separate review for the moisturizer, but the moisturizer doesn't do much for ME. My skin would flake from the littlest touches, for example taking off a sweatshirt or shirt and I would have to moisturize again. If you want the BP treatment to work, find a better moisturizer!

Horrible
Reviewed on November 7, 2013

I've been using the product for over two months, and for the first 3 weeks, my skin was clearing up, but then suddenly a huge breakout occurred. I started using neutrogena cream face wash, which cleared a lot of my acne, then I went back to the regimen. after 4 more weeks, I've been having rashes and my eyes are swollen are dry and my skin looks horrible, I've been skipping school because of how depressed I am and I have seriously considered suicide because of my skin. Please avoid using this product and go to a dermatologist if you don't want to take chances.

High hopes
Reviewed on December 2, 2013

Maybe I received a bad tube. I apply a directed and it did nothing. So I applied some of the lotion to the corner of a towel to see if it would bleach it out meaning the BP was active & nothing. Now I'm out $25. I'm bummed.

Reviewed on November 7, 2013

Thank you for making BP available to me, unable/limited to find it in my country.

ABOUT BP

About the BP miracle (I had acne over 10 years, now my skin has scars) -- I have noticed more better results than BP clean solutions, I recommend Dr. Wolf , Acne fug (it's was the only thing with BP in my country, and now I can not stop using it!!!), Acne fug is 5% BP and has alcohol and some other clearing skin agents(it's stored something like 2-7 decrees) (the paper recommends it for hormonal acne (hormons cause acne etc), the acne that other products can't fight), I use it once a day and works much better than any BP solution so far (It can't get any better, so I stay at this product.

If I will not use acnefug for several days the acne comes back, some pimple or pimples appear, but if using this product they disappear after 2-3 days completely), no flakiness or anything(BP makes skin look a bit lifeless). Only once a day!!!!(I shower once a day!)(it's quite effective so please not use that often) I also use moisturizer with lipids and after that my skin is not try and feels good.

two years of use
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

I have been amazed by this product. I suffered from a mixed bag of acne problems ever since puberty and had tried multiple brands including proactiv, antibiotics and retin A in the past. I have sensitive skin which gets oily then dry within hours of each other despite a vegan diet and water consumption. I actually had the benefit of Speaking with Dan after I called about how to use the product properly (such a nice guy). So, ultimately, I have pictures that show every pore on my face erupting before I started using this product. One month later, I had one or two pimples. It was fast, effective, gentle and easy to maintain (and Affordable). Every month, though, my hormones would act up and I would have a mild breakout. I started recieving glycolic facials every few months to help with cell turnover along with the Regimen on a daily basis. TWO YEARS LATER: I am worried that the percent of BP is becoming too weak. I think my face has become so accustomed to it that its not nearly as effective anymore. I have tried going up to 5% with OTC, but it makes my face irritated. So, I've had to bump up my facials which is expensive. However, if I stop using the BP, my face breaks out like crazy so I know it is still effective for the most part. Ultimately, this product works, consistently and gently, but eventually you will need to manage a new regimen most likely. A time comes when your system just becomes accustomed to the product and its not as amazing as it used to be. I recommend this product, but like all good things...

Fair results
Reviewed on November 26, 2013

Before using the acne.org BP I used '5% BP Oxy acne vanishing treatment' (which I got here in nova scotia, canada). This is a comparison of the two types of BP.The Oxy 5% worked so amazingly well. It turned my severe acne into NO acne in about 8 months time. But the clear skin didn't last for forever, when my third year at university began my skin began to break out all over again. So I switched to the acne.org BP hoping it would be better for my skin.

I'll tell you.

The acne.org BP looked a hundred times worse under my foundation. It caused a gradual separation of my makeup from my skin and I looked like a crazy person after only a few hours. It caused excessive dryness and flakiness, more than I had ever had with the Oxy 5%. The acne.org BP always makes my eyes sting and burn when applying (even though it's nowhere even close to my eye area.) It's gritty.The little particles feel irritating on my skin. It takes a while to dry. The packaging however is lovely, it's much cheaper than the Oxy 5%, and a 16oz bottle lasts forever. My acne has improved. I use the acne.org BP at bedtime now, and use the Oxy 5% during the day under my makeup, because the Oxy 5% acts like a lovely primer that gives my makeup a smooth look. I have tried five different products containing 2.5%-5% benzoyl peroxide, and the Oxy 5% was the only one that worked well for my skin, plus cooperation with foundation. Moral of the story : try different things out. Waste a little money. Get to know your skin. Be prepared to make mistakes in order to find your holy grail products.

Love it!
Reviewed on November 22, 2013

I love this product mostly because it is so light weight and goes on smooth and dries pretty fast. It does clear up acne better than the 10% BP out there.