Page 4 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1277 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

swelling face
Reviewed on April 2, 2015

Hi I am on my second week of this regimen, I read that is normal to have flaky, itchy , stingy, and redness but I am getting scared and wants to give up now because when I woke up this morning it looks like my eyes is really puffy and I am always avoiding around my eye area when I apply bp, even my whole face is really dark I donk know if you call that redness but my face is really itchy and I notice a little swollen I am not sure if that is still normal. Please respond to this anybody out there who experienced this. Now I am thinking of stopping the regimen. I am doing it 2x a day and it is not much but it is very uncomfortable feeling I am experiencing right now...... PLEASE ADVISE.....by the way my acne is better I can say it really helped a lot i am only on my 10th day but the acne is almost gone I have only about 2 right now and it looks like it'shealing but my main concern is the puffiness and redness . is it ok to stop the bp and just use moisturizer and jojoba? I am giving 3 star for now because it is too early yet but when it comes to curing the acne I am for sure it works...

by Justinian I on 04/12/2015 13:35
From what you are describing, it sounds like you are having an allergic reaction. I haven't experienced any puffyness myself from this product but when I do get it at other times it's an allergic reaction. Unfortunately it sounds like BP (or at least this product) may not be for you.
by tas0926 on 04/20/2015 19:07
I had this problem where my face got all puffy (my eyes were swollen shut and my lips swelled!) and it was due to the acne.org moisturizer, not the benzoyl peroxide.
by Yukinoshita on 04/24/2015 15:06
I experienced the same thing. What I did was to stop the BP for a day or two (until the puffiness and redness subsided) then used it back again but I reduced application to once a day and less than a pea size. I gradually increased it after a week. NEVER remove BP completely on your regimen, its the treatment & the most important. Our skin is just adjusting to it so we experience these kinda things. I'm on 3rd week and still breaking out so youre lucky to see results in 10 days. Good luck!
This is a miracle worker! YES IT WORKS
Reviewed on March 31, 2015

This really helped cleared my breakouts. I don't feel right going a day without using this. I went from getting a new pimple/cyst everyday to MAYBE one every week. I'm still on my first 8 oz tube and it's almost been 2 months. Follow the Regime and it will really work! :D

it really works! follow the regimen
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

Has cleared up my face completely. It took a solid four weeks for my skin to adjust to the gel twice a day. Now I'm looking forward to adding the AHA.

Break me out!!! Help me!!!
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

Hey, I'm an exchange student in America, my skin got really bad since I got here. I've been using this product for full two weeks, I got more acnes and my skin got really dry! What should I do? Should I keep using it? I'm gonna go try the jojoba oil with my moisturizer. Can anyone give me some suggestions for other product(like masks)for my acne, sensitive, and oliy skin? Thank you!

This product is a blessing to me.
Reviewed on March 26, 2015

I have suffered from acne since I was 13 years old. As a female, I experienced all of the associated challenges - having to wear makeup when the occasion did not call for it, or not wanting to stay over nights with family or friends. It deeply affected me, and sapped my energy. I am a strongly motivated person, but there were some times I did not even want to try because of the acne. I have also been through numerous regimens, both internal and external, always seeking an answer, acne always being near the top of my mind.

I am on this site fairly often, and in November 2014, I decided to try the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment (I have substituted the rest of the kit with similar non-comedogenic products). It works so well and has transformed my life. This is now five months that I have been on this regimen, and I am no longer getting any spots (maybe just one tiny one a month that dissolves instantly), my hyper-pigmentation is gone, and most days, I am only wearing a touch of foundation underneath my eyes leaving the rest of my facial skin bare (some days I go without that either!). I use this twice a day.

What I will say, however, is that in the beginning, I (personally - may not be true for everyone) believe it's OK to use a gentle scrub (with grains) to get off some of the dead skin that develops when you are new to the regimen. I still use a scrub, just to be sure. I feel like the dead skin can be a hindrance to progress. But do not overdo the scrubbing, be gentle. I want to end by saying that I am and continue to be thankful to God for this amazing benzoyl peroxide treatment and its accompanying regimen!

Worst product ever
Reviewed on March 21, 2015

Ive had the worst acne since I was 13 years of age. I started to look up different types of acne products and I came across this one. I bought this and it came with the 3 regimen products. I used the products correctly by following the instructions by doing it night and morning. After a week I noticed I was getting acne on different parts of my face that I never got before. I was so dissapointed and frustrated that I was getting acne all over my cheeks and and my forehead and it was so difficult to get rid of. In my experience of using this product it didn't work and it gave me more acne than needed. I strongly do not reccomend this product unless it has worked for you.

by Jeneennnn on 03/23/2015 03:16
This was part of the process..Dan says that the first two weeks you'll be breaking out 3 weeks sometimes..how long were you on it?
by donnatkb on 03/26/2015 13:50
I've had the worst acne since age 13. I've tried every product under the sun. The acne.org treatment is a miracle omg!!
Need advice please! :)
Reviewed on March 7, 2015

So I've struggled with acne for about a good 4 years now, starting at the end of high school. It really went full force when I turned 19 (now 20). I have done EVERYTHING... A lot of people say this but I truly have... I've even changed my diet from Taco Bell to full out high carb low fat Vegan. I'm tired and just simply worn out. Its turned not only into a struggle but has caused me to have major depression/ anxiety problems. :/ Anywayssss I've been using 10% BP for almost a month now and have seen results but everyone says to use the 2.5 (from what I've read). Not sure if that will cause skin problems and wondering if it will not be strong enough since I've already been using the 10%? My face is very dry and to be honest I'm petrified of using any moisturizer because I've had bad experiences with them before (allergic reactions). Any advice would be very much appreciated and a blessing. God bless

by mfn* on 03/08/2015 23:50
Hi Brandi, I'm also a long-time acne sufferer. I completely understand your desire to use 10% BP because it's 4x the strength of 2.5%, so it stands to reason that it will be better at treating acne. However, as this site preaches and my personal experience confirms, 2.5% is just as effective at helping acne as 10%, and it is a lot less irritating. I would encourage you to give 2.5% BP a shot, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how much less drying and irritating it is. One of the pillars of proper skin-care to achieve clear skin is reducing irritation. Dryness is irritation's best friend, so I would also encourage you to look into a good moisturizer. I am a big fan of plain CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion (Big white bottle with blue upper-right corner triangle logo). My dermatologist recommended it because it is very gentle on acne-prone skin, and it has worked wonders keeping my skin moisturized while I have experimented with even the harshest products to attempt to clear my skin. Lastly, I recommend you read through the instructions for the Acne.org Regimen if you haven't already. This may be found in the blue navigation bar at the top of Acne.org pages under "The Acne.org Regimen" > "Instruction - Start Here". The "Step-By-Step Guide" section on this page offers quite a lot of good advice to take care of your face while applying any skincare regimen, and I highly recommend you read through all the information on this page even if you do not intend to follow the specific Acne.org Regimen. If you follow the steps I've outlined in this post, I'm confident you will be well on your way to less irritated and therefore clearer skin. I hope I helped, and feel free to ask any other questions you may have!
by Jeneennnn on 03/23/2015 03:23
I agree with @mfn* and also you can use the cetaphil moisturizer which can also be used as a cleanser..if you are planning on doing the regimen then buy the cetaphil (can be found at Walmart,target,basically any drugstore) and then buy dans Bp 2.5% gel based.. If your thinking about finding a drugstore alternative for that one then don't.trust me I've already searched and the closest thing you could find to that is 2.5% Bp gel based but it in a tiny Neosporin-like packaging which is a very small amount..then after that follow the regimen precisely and BAM your acne is gone keep in mind your skin will break out about the first 2 weeks and 3 weeks tops it's part of the process hope this helped:)
by donnatkb on 03/26/2015 13:51
The acne.org regimen is a miracle! I have tried millions of products. This stuff is a miracle I tell you.!
I PROMISED MYSELF THAT IF IT WORKED I WOULD TELL MY STORY
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I have suffered from acne since I was 13 years old. Every time I thought it was improving for a little while, it would just seem to flair up with a vengeance. TRUST me when I say I've searched every single resource for a solution. I bought every single OTC product available that promised a cure. EVERYTHING. And while some of them might have stabilized me for a few days at a time, I still had a hugeee problem. I was always too embarrassed to face the world. I could not leave my room without a bunch of makeup on. NO ONE, including my mother, had seen me without makeup since I was 13. Is that not just sad... I just couldn't leave my room without it. I though I looked like a monster. Not only did I have acne, but I had the scars and hyper-pigmentation that came with it. That was probably the worst part. I would probably get two pimples a week, or something like that. But they always left me with brown spots. Those always took forever to get rid of. For a while, I tried to mildly control my acne with products that did a mediocre job. But I was really trying to clear the brown spots. Not until August of 2014 did I say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. I did my fair share of crying and praying to God for answers through the years. I told myself, "Why are you targeting the hyper-pigmentation? Those will never go away until the acne does!" So I set out to find an answer. I went on YouTube and I searched acne testimonials/cures/treatments. And I finally found my miracle. I write this with tears because I have been waiting 7 years for this!! I have been waiting 7 years to be able to write a review that will touch and inspire someone that was in the same predicament as me. I wish everyone had a chance to get this product. If you suffer from acne, it will change your life!

So here's my advice to you:

BUY THIS. AND BE PATIENT. This took about 4 or 5 months to completely clear me up.

I don't know why I was always hopeful from the start,. Maybe it was because of ALL the videos I saw of people just telling the viewers to STICK TO IT. Even if you can't see a change yet, stick to it. AND YESSS. That is exactly my advice. Stick to it, because it will kick in. I would say that I saw some changes sort of immediately. Immediately as in, I was still getting acne and stuff, but they kinda started clearing up faster. Maybe it was just psychological, however. Two moths in, the changes were still stable. This is the hard part, when you start feeling like, "man.. should I keep on... nothing is really changing.." SO you THINK. I think after the three month line is when you start seeing for yourself a little bit, like "yeah I think this might finally be working." And now there is me, 6 months later. ACNE free. I never thought I would say that again. Now let me make something clear, my skin is NOT perfect. My skin is trying to pick up from all those years of damage, but it is in the best condition it has been since I was 13 years old. Thanks to God first, thanks to ACNE.ORG so much, and all the youtubers that inspired me to get this product. I barely get acne at all anymore. Maybe once a month I'll get a pimple or two around my period. But it won't form into a pustule, usually, and it dries over in a day or two. It's the greatest. My skin is soooo smooth now. And for the first time ever, people are starting to notice a change. My friends and family tell me my skin looks so good. I have not heard that in so many years!!

What I use:

I do not use the whole entire acne.org system, but I do use what they tell us to use. If that makes sense. I have a fragrance-free, oil-free, cleanser. I use Purpose Cleanser. I use the instructions to wash my face that the website advices. Then I use THIS acne.org treatment (the holy grail of it all), and I moisturize with Cetaphyl Lotion.

Once again, I repeat, I follow the website's instructions. (Thank You, DAN!!!)

Oh, also I add a drop or two of jojoba oil to my moisturizer.

I'm using the acne.org AHA for my scars at night. It looks like its working too!

Maybe the products you can purchase straight out of acne.org do a better job, who knows. I use the most otc, and inexpensive products I can. They seem to be working great for me !

I can now say my skin is acne free and almost completely even toned! I have never been so happy in my life and I am so happy to be writing this review. Thanks for reading. And Remember, stick to IT! Hope your journey goes great everyone!

by Chaparrita12 on 04/17/2015 17:13
So you really thank it well work like a person for me
by Chaparrita12 on 04/17/2015 17:18
So you really thank it well work like a person for me
Doesnt Work for me
Reviewed on February 18, 2015

Ive never really had luck using BP. It just burns my skins and dries the crap out of it. I tried using it for 2 months no results but I know that some products work for others and some just dont. For me it doesnt work.

by donnatkb on 03/26/2015 13:52
Did you try the jojoba oil? I've always had really bad luck with BP but this stuff is really working for me. I can't believe it
Great Product
Reviewed on February 16, 2015

I've been on the BP we'll close to a month now. My face is incredibly dry with flakes all over my T-Zone. I've never been the one to really break out with acne, but I always get pimples! There the ones that have a huge whitehead on them all the time. Well now those are gone but the red marks still remain on the surface. Hopefully this dryness goes away because when I'm waiting that 15 min to dry off after I cleanse my face with the Acne.org gentle skin cleanser, my face is so dry I can barely even open my mouth to talk!

by donnatkb on 03/26/2015 13:53