Page 4 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1323 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Clears Skin. Gets rid of Acne.
Reviewed on January 12, 2016

I've had acne for about 8 years, but until last year, it was under control. I used Proactiv mostly, which I do not recommend (I wrote another review on their products). I stopped using benzoyl peroxide last year to see if I 'grew out' of acne, but I was sorely mistaken. The worst acne I've ever had sprung up, so I went and tried acne.org treatment, which includes a cleanser, benzoyl peroxide, and a moisturizer. The cleanser and moisturizer ended up making things worse. I incorrectly went to try so-called 'natural' things, yet that failed as well.

I had the idea of simply going back to my old regimen, which was pretty much a Giovanni cleanser, some benzoyl peroxide, and aloe vera. This worked wonderfully, but I have had to follow common sense and trial and error. I worked my way up to following Dan's advice, which ended up being a mistake. This was the part where he states to use TWO pumps or an entire fingers length of benzoyl peroxide. This, no matter how far into the regimen I am, ends up being excessive and makes my face as red as the devils butt. I, personally, only use one pump, which, compared to most companies recommendation, is still plenty. I also put it on my face only when it's convenient, but it's usually in the morning. At night will just be a gentle cleanser, as Dan recommends, and aloe vera. I have to use it daily though. If your face gets really red, like mine, stop using the benzoyl peroxide until the redness goes away. Lets your skin adjust.

The main thing is that benzoyl peroxide takes time to clear your skin. It took me 10 weeks to clear me from acne, and if I stop taking the benzoyl peroxide, just like I did before, it will only cause a huge amount of awful acne to reappear. The benzoyl peroxide gets rid of, initially, and then prevents acne from forming. Benzoyl peroxide just adds oxygen to your skin, which kills the acne as it can't form when oxygen is present. Although, you may gets one or two pimples, but that should be rare. You can't become immune to benzoyl peroxide, like antibiotics, because that is physically impossible for your skin to become immune to oxygen.

I hope this helps. I wrote this because I came to this site to clear my skin of acne, and now that I did, I thought this review would help those who will also come to this site for help in fixing their acne as well.

Nothing is better than this!
Reviewed on January 9, 2016

Simply the best benzoyl P. on the market. I tried every single one in stores and all garbage. This stuff just soaks into your skin like water and the huge tubes you can't get on stores. Best bang for your dollar too.

Effective & Affordable
Reviewed on December 25, 2015

I have been using this treatment for 3 years now. It works!!!!!! If you're new to this, then you will have to follow the suggested how-to videos... For me right now, I only put a thin layer of the treatment after face is cleansed every single night and I shouldn't have to worry of any breakout...

In order for this treatment to be effective, you have to be consistent, just like any treatment out there. You need to have discipline -- but of course you'll have discipline if you want a clear face, especially if you suffered an awful outbreak...

Careful with colored clothing/towels, this will discolor/bleach it...

Wrinkles, red & peeling face
Reviewed on December 24, 2015

Do not fall for this. I read all the reviews and followed the instructions strictly...one month in it seemed to be clearing up but really really dry. My face was peeling. I used the jojoba oil & moisturizer as presribed...3-4 months in I started getting red rings & dryness around my eyes, the breakouts were still there. My face was really agitated, I even emailed their help representatives for help...no answer. Hydrocortisone cream fixed the rings but the dryness was still there. I finally decided to stop since it was getting out of hand. I slowly wayned my self off of this product, endured a massive breakout but my skin is almost back to normal and much better than on the product. I like the moisturizer & jojoba but the BP was intense...way too intense. Save your money, skin & time. Who wants self induced wrinkles at 27?

Good
Reviewed on December 17, 2015

Dries out my skin a little bit but works wonders!

No more acne pimple after 10 days!!!
Reviewed on December 13, 2015

I'm 21 years old form Mauritius! I had mild/medium adult acne for 1 year now. I tried everything I could and was desperate.. until my sister told me about this product. I thought what could I lose in trying. This was the best decision i could make! I've been using the product for 10 days now and I got no more acne pimple on my face. Before that, everyday i used to get plenty of small white/yellow pimple all over my face.

The only things is that my skin is breaking about due to dryness (even if I use the Regimen moisturizer) but I'm happy about it because it is removing the dark spots from previous acne off my face!! I am slowly getting back my confidence!

I would definitely advice this product for anyone who is suffering form acne!

Great !!!!!
Reviewed on December 12, 2015

This really helped cleared my breakouts. I don't feel right going a day without using this. I went from getting a new pimple/cyst everyday to maybe one every week. I'm still on my first 8 oz tube and it's almost been 2 months. Follow the Regime and it will really work!

Hot Cake
Reviewed on December 12, 2015

I've never really had acne problems. I had some acne here and there when I was a teen but nothing major. About six months ago I started breaking out badly. I never knew "adult acne" existed until it happened to me. My skin became a mess. I developed horrible acne all over my cheeks and chin. I was so very desperate to find a solution to this problem that I asked my friend how she fixed her life-long cystic acne.

Good Product.
Reviewed on December 12, 2015

Nice product and it is really a nice experience to take Acne products. I am really loving this company from the day when I first used it's products. I had suffered from Acne problem and i had tried a lot of things before this product, which helped me a lot and it works nice on me.I am feeling better by using this product.I got my first Acne.org products. It really works extremely well for me. Thanks for such a nice product.

Face Hurts!!
Reviewed on December 8, 2015

My skin is swollen, very red and itchy!

Could this be an allergic reaction???

This is just the second day I use this product.

I'm thinking of dicontinuing use.

Has anyone else had this problem??

by oyinkan98 on 12/08/2015 21:01
You may be allergic.
by monsta on 12/09/2015 16:59
[link removed] check out this link i, myslef am using this from two years and leme tell you something! benzoyl peroxide causes irritation,redness and itchiness. and moreover ,hell a lot of dryness. i had consulted a doctor first, and he had given clindamycin gel and Benzoyl peroxide.In the first few days of medication, i faced lot of the above negatives.but after a week or so, it settled. DO NOT USE BP WITHOUT PROPER MOISTURIZING GEL...that causes more dryness. after two years,when i got acne again, i consulted another doctor, who gave me the same ingredient medication, and it still works miracle! it ll definitely help you. i was supposed to apply clindamycin in the morning ,all day, then at night ,BP,after washing my face of course good luck