Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1429 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Works but leaves you with dry, damaged skin that never recovers
Reviewed on September 11, 2013

I have given this Regimen 3 tries over the past few years using it for 3-4 months, and each time I gave up because I couldn't live with the dry, red and damaged skin this product gave me. I used jojoba oil and moustirizer and staarted slow like Dan recommends but nothing helped. It DID clear my acne... but my face ended up looking worse than ever because of the side effects. People would think I am blushing 24-7 because my cheeks were always red!!! Not to mention BP causes red marks and scars to take much longer to fade. I believe in the power of BP to combat acne, but those with sensitive skin should stay away from this product! Its been 6 months since I last used BP and my skin is still recovering.

Recently I've beeen using a 5% BP wash in the morningg only, and my skin reacted pretty well with minimum redness and dryness!

Finally clear
Reviewed on September 8, 2013

I hardly ever write product reviews, and don't always believe the ones I read, but wanted to share my experience.

I am 56 years old and have hardly ever had a day when my skin was clear. I always had at least one still fading while another was forming. I have used benzoyl peroxide in the past, but my skin always got too dry, especially as I got older. I have hyperpigmentation so I have to wear sunscreen all the time. People told me my skin wasn't so bad, but it's embarrassing to be 56 and still have pimples.

Over the years, I have taken antibiotics, steroids, and accutane. At this point I would rather not be taking any prescriptions, but none of the over-the-counter stuff I tried worked very well. I would see improvement, but still break out.

I used small amounts of BP because it was expensive and found that a lot of BP would irritate my skin and worsen my hyper-pigmentation problems.

I found this site two months ago, ordered the Treatment, and have not had any pimples or blackheads since. The product is inexpensive and does not irritate my skin. I am hopeful that I have found something that actually works, and it is amazing how different it feels to look in the mirror and not reach for the cover-up.

Holy Grail!
Reviewed on September 7, 2013

This benzoyl peroxide has saved my life, literally. My acne got to the point where I would cry, avoid going to school, avoid meeting and talking to people, and load on face makeup to try to cover it up; which was very noticeable. The first few months are kind of tough, but I've been using this consistently for 6 months and my skin is clear!! I now have my confidence back, and can enjoy myself without worrying about how my skin looks. I don't even wear face makeup anymore ;)

6 months in and disappointed.
Reviewed on August 26, 2013

FYI I'm sorry if this post is long and rambling with grammatical errors and whatnot.

I literally have never written a review for ANYTHING in my life but I'm so upset that I feel the need to post my thoughts. \

I'm a 21 year old female of asian-american descent and I usually have a couple of small white heads on my forehead or chin, clogged pores around my nose and chin, and like one or two cystic zits a week if that matters to anyone reading. I know it doesn't sound that bad and many people have problems way bigger than that but thats not the point of this post!

I was using the regimen for 6 month and it cleared most of my acne and even faded my scarring from my zits. BUT now that I’ve been using it for 6 months my skin is not the same as it used to be even with acne.

I’ve developed a reaction. MY FACE always feels raw and irritated thanks to the Benzoyl Peroxide treatment that used to work for me. And the moisturizer doesn’t make up for the fact that the BP is literally chemical burning my skin. I always have flakey dry spots in at least one place, usually where I used the bp for a zit. When I put it on it somehow contaminates the rest of my face and even my neck which has caused my eyes to swell up and now I have red patches of itchy irritated skin around my nostrils, chin, and the creases of my eyes and even my neck! The fine lines of my eyes are... the fine lines of my eyes!!! I've NEVER had fine lines under my eyes before this reaction! What the hELL?! lol.

It’s not worth using this chemical on my face to get rid of the zits. At this point I’d rather have the pimples because my face hurts and itches all the time and I don’t even know when it will ever be back to normal, meaning when will my face ever stop HURTING?!

Also, I’ve read that bp can thin your skin out and thin out the protective layer on the top of your skin as well which is pretty freaking scary to me since I want to protect my skin for the long haul and prevent any premature aging. All the while I had thought "Wow, 'BP oxygenates the skin' BP ROCKS!" I never did any research until now... stupid I know!

So from now on I’ve decided that I’m going to try and eat better (more fruits and veggies, less dairy and junk food), drink more water, get more sleep, reduce my stress somehow, and use some AHA to help with my acne along with basic cleansing and moisturizing. And maybe one day I can even cut out my need to cover the red splotches and burns with tons of make up after Ive healed my skin from these side effects.

ON top of all this physical irritation to my skin, I feel bad about myself because I don’t feel confident about my face. I have a job as a greeter and as a barista at a coffee shop and some days I just want to hide from people or even cancel plans with friends! (YES I've canceled plans because I couldn't come to terms with my face lol) Im sure I don’t have to mention how bad skin can make a person feel horrible and ugly. ANYWAY!

Here are some things I've learned along my 6 month journey:

Using bp has fairly rid my face of pimples and zits but has not "cleared my skin" by any means

Using bp every couple of days doesn't make any difference in my reactions

I've moisturized my face before bp to protect my skin from where I don't want it to go but that doesn't prevent cross contamination to the irritated areas

I always wait for it to dry! yes I've followed the directions!

I've ruined every towel in the house and my mom is angry with me for that one hahaha :(

Even using very small amounts doesn't prevent my eyes from swelling up after using it

I would have reconsidered using the bp if I had researched it beforehand

I should be fighting the root cause of my acne not the acne itself.

BP is to skin as is weed killer to grass... kills the weed but also the whole patch of grass

I do like the AHA!

And lastly, I'm angry and upset because I thought I had really found something that worked for me.

If anyone want pictures of my face, god forbid someone really is that curious lol, I can email them.

Thanks for reading.

The only thing thats worked for my back acne
Reviewed on August 17, 2013

using this to treat moderate / severe back acne. So far it's the only thing working paired with the AHA+ lotion. Couldn't be happier. Easy to use and love the large size bottle.

In love with this product
Reviewed on August 10, 2013

I LOVE this product so much! Ever since I started using this product I've received tons of compliments on my skin.

Prior to using this I tried so many different products such as AcneFree,Proactive,neutrogena,clean and clear but nothing cleared my acne completely. The benzoyl peroxide treatment is high quality and is better than anything you'll find in the store. It even works better than the medicine my dermatologist prescribed me. It cleared my acne in two weeks. I've been using this treatment consistently for almost two years, and it's the only acne treatment I use. :)

it works!
Reviewed on August 2, 2013

after 7 months on accutane, acne returned and it was bad. And on top of acne returning I lost 50% of my hair. So, in a desperate attempt I decided to give regimen a try and it did wonders to my skin. I have no active acne and my skin is under control. It is costly for me to get it from states as I live in UK but I have no other option at the moment. I recommend it, give it a try:)

Best bang for your buck!
Reviewed on July 21, 2013

After using another BP treatment 4 months prior to this one, I was perfectly content. I decided to give this a try because it was cheaper and I was able to get it without international shipping charges. It has kept my skin clear and it really glides on your skin so much better. No gritty feeling and no white streaks on your face. When I apply this product though, it does kind of make my eyes watery in the beginning when I am rubbing it around my face. I also think it might be too watery. But all in all a really great product and a good bang for your buck. I would definitely buy this again.

Does what it says
Reviewed on July 18, 2013

I started using the whole regime a few years ago. At the time, I had moderate acne that just seemed to get worse and worse.

After consistently using this, though, my acne is completely under control! I still suffer from occasional breakouts and my acne is very mild at this point. Compared to what my skin was before, this-and the whole regime, in general-is a miracle!

Go hard or go home
Reviewed on July 16, 2013

I've been using Dan's BP on and off since 2010. All I can say is, it WORKS. If used consistently, it will MURDER your acne. The big stuff, the little stuff, doesn't matter. That's a no-brainer. However, be prepared to fight through the side effects: the redness, the irritation, the itching, the dryness, the flakiness. Don't content yourself with using the Acne.org Regimen products either: find products that work for you... listen to your skin. In the early stages of the Regimen your skin is going to look awful anyway, so use the opportunity to experiment. After a while your skin will get used to the BP. Once you are consistently clear, it is up to you what you do from there: many people have success scaling back on the BP, or switching to a night-only application. Some people don't even have to use moisturizer anymore. Whatever you do, just remember to maintain some degree of consistency: don't drop the BP entirely, and don't do something stupid like stopping cleanser / moisturizer entirely and just using the BP to "spot treat" once a week. Spot treatment isn't going to do you much good; the BP, once you've been on it long enough, acts as a preemptive strike against acne, killing it before it ever surfaces.

Some people will complain about using such a harsh chemical on the fragile skin of the face. I agree, BP is a harsh chemical, even at only 2.5% concentration. But you really need to ask yourself: how much does clear skin mean to you? I've suffered from this disease for going on eight years now. I've lost the best years of my life and missed countless opportunities thanks to these hideous pimples that have decided to make themselves at home on my face. At some point you need to realize that enough is enough, you DON'T need to be a slave to acne, you CAN kick its ass and this product will help you do it. Grin and bear it, fight through the side effects knowing that once it's all over and done with, you will be acne-free... do you know how amazing it feels to walk around being complimented on your complexion? You will!