Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1277 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

I'm of south asian origin, and have had very oily skin, bad scarring and acne on and off for years. A few months ago, I had the worst break out of my life, with big red lumps appearing on my cheeks and jawline daily. I tried countless expensive products to get rid of them, but I just kept getting more and more lumps every day. After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to order Dan's BP, but was not impressed at first. I was expecting overnight results and instead all I got was extremely flaky skin which I have never sufferered from before. I did the regimen as instructed for a few weeks and there were a lot of changes - some good, some bad. My skin felt really tight and dry and it was difficult to cover up the flakes with make up. I was still getting new spots, but they seemed to go down a lot quicker. I now think my skin was just clearing out all the gunk that was stored in the pores. After using BP at first, my pores would feel bumpy, and if I scraped them lightly with my fingernails, blackheads would come out easily as if they were on the verge of 'falling' out (disgusting I know - but also very satisfying!) I stuck with it and although I still get spots occasionally on my forehead and jawline, it is nowhere near as bad as it was before. My pores look and feel really clean and my skin overall feels soft to the touch. I currently have only one big spot and a few small pimples on my forehead (and scarring unfortunately), compared to a face covered in big red lumps a few months ago. I'm not using BP every day anymore as I'm worried about the aging effects, so use DHC Salicylic face milk on alternate days or when I'm away from home. I'm very happy with Dan's BP though so will continue to use it even when my spots clear up completely as I know they could return again at any time.

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

I have been using the Neutrogena on the Spot for like the last 2 months, and after buying like one of those a week, i decided to get this stuff. Sooo much better. Holy moley! The gel is much smoother for application compared to the Neutrogena cream. Also this makes my face feel smooth and works well under makeup and moisturizers.

best and most economical i've found! :)

Reviewed on November 28, 2011

I LOVE the new consistency. Almost weightless! I followed Dan's website from before he even made these products. He's come so far! The consistency back then was still great, but a little thick. It used to ball up with my moisturizer or it would make a weird film of the stuff on my face. Now it's light and fluffy. Way to go Dan, for perfecting this product!

I must admit. In a weak moment, I did forsake the skincare bible of Dan Kern and try salicylic acid instead of benzoyl peroxide, But it's just not as effective! Not to mention that it's difficult to find products that are inexpensive and not tested on animals. I'm probably going to stray and try different products every once in a while, but I'll always come back to Dan's classic 2.5% BP treatment because my skin has always been its best with it.

Reviewed on November 27, 2011

i'm really glad that it has helped so many, however, i guess my skin does not take benzoyl peroxide well. i don't have sensitive skin either. i used to the whole acne.org regimen and i have never had such low self confidence as when i was on this regimen. i started out with moderate acne and heard so many glowing reviews i knew i had to try it. i, like most everyone with acne, have tried every product under the sun. so, thinking it couldn't hurt to try, i spent however much money and placed my order. after a couple weeks everyone was commenting on how bad my skin looked. but everyone on acne.org told me that's how it starts and if i just kept with it, my skin will get better...it's just getting used to the BP. i should've trusted my gut instinct though. i used the regimen exactly as stated and started with the bp little by little, applying it thoroughly and gently, and used to for almost a year. anyways, almost 3 years later and i'm still left with horrible scars. so, if it's working for you, congrats! but if you feel like it's making you're acne worse, please, please, please discontinue use. it's not worth it.

rating = 0

Reviewed on November 27, 2011

This is an amazing product. Last year, my skin was TERRIBLE. I went from having clear skin to having a forehead covered in pimples. All of my acne was concentrated on my forehead, and believe me, it was a lot. The acne.org treatment literally saved my skin. I have been using it since the end of February and my skin is 99% better. I had to use it for about three weeks to a month before my skin really got clear. I noticed at first that I had stop getting new pimples, but it took a little while for my old pimples to disappear. Over the summer my skin was 100% clear. I did not get a single zit for about 3 or 4 months. Going back to school this year, I still get a pimple here and there because of stress and other feminine problems, but otherwise I am clear. The only cons about this product was that my skin was extremely dry and even after all my acne was gone, I was left with a lot of red marks and some little scars. But these problems could be fixed by using the acne.org AHA+ lotion, which not only helped my red marks fade, but also turned my skin from being dry and peely to normal and moisturized.Nowadays, I only use benzoyl peroxide as spot treatment, but I use the AHA+ lotion every single night and it helps a lot with the overall texture of my skin and keeping acne from forming again.

I use/used this product with a Clean and Clear face wash (the yellow one for sensitive skin) and the Olay moisturizer that is recommended by this website.

Reviewed on November 24, 2011

Some people may experience a really dry or flaky face when first using, but not me. I used a nice dosage of this stuff twice a day, and my face feels so nice! I haven't had my face this clear in ages! I'm 26 and have had acne pretty much since I was 13. It even stays un oily when I touch my face repeatedly (it's clear, I want to touch it cause I don't believe it!) In AZ, anything that will help with preventing oil is fantastic.

Reviewed on November 19, 2011

Benzoyl Peroxide works to clear up acne for me much better than the alternatives and it keeps breakouts away. This is sold at a great price and can last quite a while. I would definitely recommend it to others and will continue to use in the future.

Reviewed on November 9, 2011

It works. It's simple, effective, affordable. This gel based formula has been the only product I've used which has not been messy, extremely irritating, or lumpy under makeup.

My skin adjusted to the formula within a month. It goes on clear and is easy, one application in the morning, one at night. Clear(ing) skin.

At 10 weeks I have not had any new blemishes, and I am clearing nicely. Old red marks are fading as well.

Try this product. It's a must.

Reviewed on November 7, 2011

it was working really good for about a month, after that i started to developed what i think is an allergic reaction to acne.org BP. Every night i applied the product in my problem areas, and by next morning the covered area presented a horrible allergic reaction: a) the skin was red b) supper itchy, c) raised from the rest of the skin d) didnt improve the existing pimples e) awful texture of the skin in the BP covered area.(like i had salt grains under my skin). f) take about one week to get rid of the reaction.

Then, after about a month of use, i switched to neutrogena 2.5 PB and that product is working just fine. Conclusion, im not allergic to BP, but im allergic only to acne.org BP brand.

i really wanted to find a miracle product to improve my acne, but i havent yet.

anybody with the same story?

Reviewed on November 5, 2011

It works. Period. I'm not exaggerating. Go buy yourself one, and see for yourself.

I've had serious acne since I was 11. I'm 14 now, and I only have acne scars left!