Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1195 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Reviewed on June 13, 2011

Accutane is often referred to as a "last resort" acne treatment and the reasons for this are obvious. It's a systemic drug with tons of nasty side effects, not the least of which is a probable and probably scarring initial breakout, and it generally takes half a year before anybody on Accutane has skin worth looking at.

The Acne.org Regimen is a last resort of a different kind. It has no side effects whatsoever, really, and it's not going to scar you up. You'll have great skin within 8 weeks, probably, and then breakouts will be, at worst, very very rare.

But it takes so much work.

If you're on the Regimen, you have to be the kind of person for whom acne really is a life-ruining problem. And if you are then bully. If you're the kind of person who has nightmares about new zits, who when broken out just stays in and sulks, or who with one pimple will think EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW UGLY I AM, then I strongly encourage you to try the Regimen. Because odds are it will clear you right up and you can feel good.

But you need to put in a lot of effort. If you stay in the sun too long it will make your skin peel like nobody's business. ANYTHING you're likely to touch, e.g. pants or your friends' pillows, will get bleach splotches. And if you don't apply the treatment every 12 hrs then it won't be as effective. And think about that. The average person is awake for 15-18 hrs. That means, instead of when you wake up and when you go to bed, the Regimen has you applying treatment when you wake up and then in the middle of your friends' dinner party. Or what have you. I can't tell you how obsessed I became with the Regimen--it was something I was thinking about, a cycle I was in, all the time. It became the central force in my life, which was a misery.

So why is the Regimen a last resort? Because it's hard, it's so hard, to live with the Regimen. What I want from a treatment is something I can do at night, do in the morning, and then

Reviewed on June 8, 2011

The smell doesn't bother me, I don't have adverse reactions to the BP, and it works well. I'm approaching 1 month of the Regimen and my skin is getting better. I was using the 2% BP by AcneFree, but Dan's BP is much cheaper per ounce and for shipping.

I can't use 3 full pumps. It's too much, even though it's the recommended dose.

Reviewed on June 7, 2011

I adore this product as I have tried everything including what the dermatologist prescribed. This is the only thing that has improved my acne. I will be sticking with this product for quite some time.

Reviewed on June 7, 2011

It works fine, but I'm going to opt for a more expensive option for daytime. Once I moisturize, this turns white and peely. I'll still use this at night though.

Reviewed on June 7, 2011

I had TERRIBLE acne before i started this treatment. my face was red and a lot of huge painful pimples. Nothing worked before this product. It takes time. I've been on this product for 3 months and my face has dramitically cleared up. I think you should give any acne product time, especially if your skin was as bad as mine. I gave up and first and when I started over again i couldn't believe the results.OMG...TRY THIS PRODUCT. GIVE IT TIME, IT WILL WORK!!!

Reviewed on June 1, 2011

I have suffered with acne for as long as I could remember. And when everyone grew out of their teenage years and the acne went away mine never did. I truly had given up on an effective product and was weary of trying this one because I had burned my skin before using Benzoyl Peroxide. But I can tell you I have severely sensitive skin and this amount is all you and is just right. My skin has NEVER LOOKED BETTER! Try it! If you suffer from acne and you have sensitive skin like I do, I feel your pain. Nothing works and when it does it hurts...this product elminates all of that! It's amazing and works incredibly. I wanted to share my story because I'm truly a success. This product works and I am a customer for life!!

Reviewed on May 31, 2011

Used severall of products...you can name it, and I used it. This one is working! It's not irritating, attracts good and the smell is not very bad. Im using it for one week no, so I cannot say a thing about long term. I will give a update about one month.

I have bought the big kit, with the cleanser, treatment and the moisturizer.

Price is with shipment to the Netherlands.

Reviewed on May 25, 2011

So like many past reviewers, I've tried most everything in the store shelves from acne washes to other BP treatments to sulfur to salicylic acid. None of them truly worked, at most they suppressed the pimples for 1 or 2 days, at worst they made the condition worse and made my skin really dry.

I came across Daniel's products before but hesitated to order it. Now I am glad I did.

I followed the regimen pretty precisely (of course not all of us can wait around for 20 minutes every morning as the regimen suggests) and now I am almost free of pimples. It's been little more than a month since I started on the regimen and there is a major difference in the amount of pimples I'm getting.

My only problem now is getting rid of the red post acne marks thats been haunting my face for many years now. I'm using jojoba oil everyday as a moisturizer and I hope that it will help alleviate the red marks. If jojoba oil doesn't work out then maybe I'll give the AHA+ a try.

I totally recommend this product to everyone, the amount that you get for the money is great. If you do the calculations, $16.00 for 8 ounces of BP is a much better value than $7.00 for 1.5 ounces of BP in most drug stores. Dan's BP has a scent that really takes some getting used to and the shipping cost is a little on the expensive side. But this product is still totally worth buying.

If any one out there is still hesitant to buy this product, I would like to tell you that if you buy this product and follow the regimen precisely, you will never look back. One day when you are cleared up, maybe it will be you who'll be writing reviews about this product and recommend it to others.

Good Luck!

Reviewed on May 21, 2011

Absolutely love these products. Have been using all kind of anti-acne stuff over the years, and couldn't find anything better. Because of the shipping cost and taxes, which make the price about three times as high, I started using over the counter produtcs again. A huge mistake. Within a week I was on the same level as a year ago. Today I ordered the regimen again which I hope will arrive soon.

Dan to avoid mistakes like these again please start selling from Europe. I'm sure we'll both profit from it.

Reviewed on May 20, 2011

For years I've suffered with adult acne. I found relief in using Proactiv, but it was expensive. Then I found acne.org site and was turned on to the regimen. It's basically very similar to Proactiv, the key is the 2.5% BP applied to clean skin. I only buy the BP and use OTC cleanser & moisturizer. My teenage daughter also started having acne and so we started on this at the same time. We buy 8oz size and share, this lasts us 6 months. The way I figure it up, I spend $40 over 6 month period for all our products, a $10 sav'g over Proactiv and I now get enough product for 2 people rather than just myself. I love, love, love it!!!! And so does my daughter!!! It really works!!! NO MORE ACNE! I use moisturizer before applying BP and now don't have issues with spreading BP into sensitive areas. Avoids the burn and still same great effects.