Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1200 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Reviewed on June 18, 2011

I used this on my face and back. I applied it for about a good 3 months on my face, but I still continue to use it on my back . I felt it wasn't exceptionally great on my face. It was OK. I felt it had a really greasy texture and my chin was still having bad breakouts. I know products take time, but this wasn't FOR MY FACE. I was using a lot of this product on my face, not some "pea sized amount" Dan warns against. While I tried this on my face, I was also using it on my back. I get slight acne at the back of my neck and the top of my back, and I apply it once a day after I shower and let it dry completely. I still get the occasional back zit, but it's now 1 or 2 compared to 10-15.

Bottom line: great for backs, bad for OILY FACES. If you have dry skin on your face, it might work for you. If you have oliy skin on your face, it could possibly break you out instead of preventing acne.

Note: My rating is strongly based on the results I saw on my back. I would recommend it for acne on the back, not so much on the face IF you have oily skin.

Reviewed on June 17, 2011

Why didn't I get this sooner?!

I've been trying Dan's regimen on and off for the past few years to varying degrees of success, but was put off buying his products due to shipping costs.

However, after seeing all of the good reviews scattered across the internet I thought I'd finally give it a go, and I'm so glad I did.

My skin has already adjusted to benzoyl peroxide after trying a few treatments (Oxy On the Spot: cleared up smaller spots, but also created deep, painful cystic acne; Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5%: caused extremely dry skin, a horrible burning sensation and severe redness), so the initial negative side effects have been minimal.

This is by far the best BP product I've used. The only downsides I can think of are that I have to get it sent from the US - thus it can take a while to get here - and that I purchased the smallest size bottle which ran out very quickly!

I urge everyone to try it if they haven't already. What have you got to lose?

Reviewed on June 16, 2011

use this if u wan temporary beauty. temporary as in a month or two

Reviewed on June 14, 2011

I highly recommend the acne.org BP treatment. I use it nightly after washing my face with cetaphil's gentle cleanser, and apply the acne.org aha+ product once the BP is dry. This combination has worked so well for me.

I used accutane years ago and my acne was gone for a couple of years, but it began creeping back eventually, and I stumbled upon this website while looking for possible solutions to my recurring problem. Initially I just used the BP nightly (follow the directions about giving your skin some time to get used to the fully recommended amount) and it alone worked very well. I never do anything in the morning besides wash and moisturize (use SPF if using BP!), because I don't like the idea of going through the day with anything besides moisturizer on my face (the BP will certainly bleach any clothing it comes in contact with). I decided to try the AHA+ also, and it really helped my skin take that one final step from really good to great. Try this product for a couple weeks and then try the AHA+ too- you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed on June 14, 2011

This product changed my life. No more being embarrassed at the beach or camping without make-up! My skin is completely clear.

Reviewed on June 13, 2011

Accutane is often referred to as a "last resort" acne treatment and the reasons for this are obvious. It's a systemic drug with tons of nasty side effects, not the least of which is a probable and probably scarring initial breakout, and it generally takes half a year before anybody on Accutane has skin worth looking at.

The Acne.org Regimen is a last resort of a different kind. It has no side effects whatsoever, really, and it's not going to scar you up. You'll have great skin within 8 weeks, probably, and then breakouts will be, at worst, very very rare.

But it takes so much work.

If you're on the Regimen, you have to be the kind of person for whom acne really is a life-ruining problem. And if you are then bully. If you're the kind of person who has nightmares about new zits, who when broken out just stays in and sulks, or who with one pimple will think EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW UGLY I AM, then I strongly encourage you to try the Regimen. Because odds are it will clear you right up and you can feel good.

But you need to put in a lot of effort. If you stay in the sun too long it will make your skin peel like nobody's business. ANYTHING you're likely to touch, e.g. pants or your friends' pillows, will get bleach splotches. And if you don't apply the treatment every 12 hrs then it won't be as effective. And think about that. The average person is awake for 15-18 hrs. That means, instead of when you wake up and when you go to bed, the Regimen has you applying treatment when you wake up and then in the middle of your friends' dinner party. Or what have you. I can't tell you how obsessed I became with the Regimen--it was something I was thinking about, a cycle I was in, all the time. It became the central force in my life, which was a misery.

So why is the Regimen a last resort? Because it's hard, it's so hard, to live with the Regimen. What I want from a treatment is something I can do at night, do in the morning, and then

Reviewed on June 8, 2011

The smell doesn't bother me, I don't have adverse reactions to the BP, and it works well. I'm approaching 1 month of the Regimen and my skin is getting better. I was using the 2% BP by AcneFree, but Dan's BP is much cheaper per ounce and for shipping.

I can't use 3 full pumps. It's too much, even though it's the recommended dose.

Reviewed on June 7, 2011

I adore this product as I have tried everything including what the dermatologist prescribed. This is the only thing that has improved my acne. I will be sticking with this product for quite some time.

Reviewed on June 7, 2011

It works fine, but I'm going to opt for a more expensive option for daytime. Once I moisturize, this turns white and peely. I'll still use this at night though.

Reviewed on June 7, 2011

I had TERRIBLE acne before i started this treatment. my face was red and a lot of huge painful pimples. Nothing worked before this product. It takes time. I've been on this product for 3 months and my face has dramitically cleared up. I think you should give any acne product time, especially if your skin was as bad as mine. I gave up and first and when I started over again i couldn't believe the results.OMG...TRY THIS PRODUCT. GIVE IT TIME, IT WILL WORK!!!