Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1204 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Reviewed on June 27, 2011

buy it you dont have nothing to lose because it has money back garantee.

Reviewed on June 25, 2011

I was on DKR regimen for about 9 weeks. my acne cleared up, it was amazing, i thought this bp was the sh*t! (as in being good.)

but the side effects sadly outweighed the pros.. my young skin turned into this horrible texture thats between leathery and fish scaley? it was disgusting, i looked about 57..and it sucked where the BP gave me so many redmarks i am COVERED in redmarks and ice pick scars..i'm the type of person where i would do ANYTHING for clear skin, but being on the bp made my face so damn tight i could not SMILE FOR WEEKS, it was hard to eat, i became depressed. the flakiness was UNBAREABLE. my chin looked like a moustache with the countless number of flakes. don't get me wrong, i used jojoba oil, i used moisterizer, yet the flakes still came. i tried everything with this bp and the DKR regimen...using less then slowly adding more, then using less, and the side effects were so HORRIBLE i HADDD HAD HAD to quit this regimen.... about a day after stopping the BP my skin looked fantastic, i was beginning to have my life back!....but then not using the regimen and BP, my skin broke out horribly, it's at it's worst currently..i am so hopeless i have no choices left but Accutane. My journey is just beginning with Accutane, I hope i'm not let down (I know I won't be.)

My word of advice, Please. Please do not use BP it will screw your skin up, please i don't want anyone to go through the hell I had to go through. Do some research on Accutane, it will save your motherf**king life.

Reviewed on June 24, 2011

I have tried many acne treatments including AcneFree, Clean & Clear, & Neutrogena but none worked & some made me breakout more. I got Retin-A from my doctor which improved my skin a bit & didn't feel dry but it took too long to have an effect & did not clear my bumps completely.

After researching the regimen I have been using Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, Acne.org BP, & CeraVe Moisturizer every morning/evening now I have NO BUMPS WHATSOEVER!

I still have red marks on my cheeks that the vanished acne has left but I think once I start using Acne.org's Cleanser for shaving cream & AHA+ every other night it will be the icing on the cake to having 100% clear skin. I also started take a pill of zinc & fish oil after every breakfast which has helped with my skin.

The main downside is it's been 4 months & I still can't use the amount Dan recommends (3 pumps for big pump or 2 pumps for smaller pump). I have the bigger pump & I can't even get to 2 pumps it's just too much & usually burns my eyes because of the strong scent. In the morning I use half a pump for my face & another half for my shoulder/back. In the evening I use 1-1.5 pumps. Perhaps my skin doesn't absorb the gel as quickly but even so the BP does the job despite using a much lower amount than the regimen's requirement.

Reviewed on June 21, 2011

I first read about the Regimen several years ago. At the time my acne wasn't very bad - I was mostly concerned with a couple cysts most months. Long story short, my acne got much worse over the years (PCOS, I eventually learned) and I finally got fed up with my it during my second year of university. At this point I hadn't worn my hair pulled back in literally years trying to hide some of the spots and scars on my cheeks.

I was right on the verge of asking my doctor for anti-androgens, but I didn't want to be tied to taking a pill for the rest of my life just to control my acne - not to mention that if I ever did manage to get pregnant with PCOS, I would have to stop taking it and back would come the acne. I also considered using progesterone, which is what my endocrinologist initially suggested, but stopping birth control wasn't on my to-do list.

Desperate, I was reading the forums and was reminded of the Regimen. BP had worked okay in the past (at 10%) but my skin was always dried out. As literally a last resort I started the Regimen and... go figure, clear skin. It took a few weeks for the moisturizer/BP balance to work out, but now I am clear and hopeful, and I've worn my hair pulled back every day this week.

The only complaints I have are that I received one of the old style pumps with my first order, but instructions to use 3 pumps. Eventually I figured out what the problem was on Dan's blog, but I was pretty confused for a while there. I wish the BP would ship with a regular cap on the bottle and the pumps would be wrapped in bubble wrap or something. Not only because they crack, but because they are really hard to travel with if you don't want BP getting squeezed out all over your clothes or whatever you happen to have packed near it.

Reviewed on June 18, 2011

I used this on my face and back. I applied it for about a good 3 months on my face, but I still continue to use it on my back . I felt it wasn't exceptionally great on my face. It was OK. I felt it had a really greasy texture and my chin was still having bad breakouts. I know products take time, but this wasn't FOR MY FACE. I was using a lot of this product on my face, not some "pea sized amount" Dan warns against. While I tried this on my face, I was also using it on my back. I get slight acne at the back of my neck and the top of my back, and I apply it once a day after I shower and let it dry completely. I still get the occasional back zit, but it's now 1 or 2 compared to 10-15.

Bottom line: great for backs, bad for OILY FACES. If you have dry skin on your face, it might work for you. If you have oliy skin on your face, it could possibly break you out instead of preventing acne.

Note: My rating is strongly based on the results I saw on my back. I would recommend it for acne on the back, not so much on the face IF you have oily skin.

Reviewed on June 17, 2011

Why didn't I get this sooner?!

I've been trying Dan's regimen on and off for the past few years to varying degrees of success, but was put off buying his products due to shipping costs.

However, after seeing all of the good reviews scattered across the internet I thought I'd finally give it a go, and I'm so glad I did.

My skin has already adjusted to benzoyl peroxide after trying a few treatments (Oxy On the Spot: cleared up smaller spots, but also created deep, painful cystic acne; Panoxyl Aquagel 2.5%: caused extremely dry skin, a horrible burning sensation and severe redness), so the initial negative side effects have been minimal.

This is by far the best BP product I've used. The only downsides I can think of are that I have to get it sent from the US - thus it can take a while to get here - and that I purchased the smallest size bottle which ran out very quickly!

I urge everyone to try it if they haven't already. What have you got to lose?

Reviewed on June 16, 2011

use this if u wan temporary beauty. temporary as in a month or two

Reviewed on June 14, 2011

I highly recommend the acne.org BP treatment. I use it nightly after washing my face with cetaphil's gentle cleanser, and apply the acne.org aha+ product once the BP is dry. This combination has worked so well for me.

I used accutane years ago and my acne was gone for a couple of years, but it began creeping back eventually, and I stumbled upon this website while looking for possible solutions to my recurring problem. Initially I just used the BP nightly (follow the directions about giving your skin some time to get used to the fully recommended amount) and it alone worked very well. I never do anything in the morning besides wash and moisturize (use SPF if using BP!), because I don't like the idea of going through the day with anything besides moisturizer on my face (the BP will certainly bleach any clothing it comes in contact with). I decided to try the AHA+ also, and it really helped my skin take that one final step from really good to great. Try this product for a couple weeks and then try the AHA+ too- you'll be glad you did!

Reviewed on June 14, 2011

This product changed my life. No more being embarrassed at the beach or camping without make-up! My skin is completely clear.

Reviewed on June 13, 2011

Accutane is often referred to as a "last resort" acne treatment and the reasons for this are obvious. It's a systemic drug with tons of nasty side effects, not the least of which is a probable and probably scarring initial breakout, and it generally takes half a year before anybody on Accutane has skin worth looking at.

The Acne.org Regimen is a last resort of a different kind. It has no side effects whatsoever, really, and it's not going to scar you up. You'll have great skin within 8 weeks, probably, and then breakouts will be, at worst, very very rare.

But it takes so much work.

If you're on the Regimen, you have to be the kind of person for whom acne really is a life-ruining problem. And if you are then bully. If you're the kind of person who has nightmares about new zits, who when broken out just stays in and sulks, or who with one pimple will think EVERYONE CAN SEE HOW UGLY I AM, then I strongly encourage you to try the Regimen. Because odds are it will clear you right up and you can feel good.

But you need to put in a lot of effort. If you stay in the sun too long it will make your skin peel like nobody's business. ANYTHING you're likely to touch, e.g. pants or your friends' pillows, will get bleach splotches. And if you don't apply the treatment every 12 hrs then it won't be as effective. And think about that. The average person is awake for 15-18 hrs. That means, instead of when you wake up and when you go to bed, the Regimen has you applying treatment when you wake up and then in the middle of your friends' dinner party. Or what have you. I can't tell you how obsessed I became with the Regimen--it was something I was thinking about, a cycle I was in, all the time. It became the central force in my life, which was a misery.

So why is the Regimen a last resort? Because it's hard, it's so hard, to live with the Regimen. What I want from a treatment is something I can do at night, do in the morning, and then