Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1249 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Reviewed on September 25, 2011

I've been persrcibed BP for a few years now, and it has worked well on me. Of course, you have to use other products such as cleansers or whatever your dermatologist recommends. Since I live in a climate where seasons change and are signigicantly different (harsh winters, hot and humid summers) I have to switch up the dosages. (winter I use BP 2.5%, summers I use 10%)

So basically....this product works well when used properly.

Reviewed on September 24, 2011

Great product. I had bad acne as a teenager and it has gotten better, but I've struggled to clear it completely since then (I'm now 28). This is the first product I've found that has cleared it for me without over drying. As I said before, I had to cut back on the treatment because it was over drying my skin, but since I've done that it is working great. One negative, I recently noticed that it is bleaching any fabric that it comes into contact with on a regular basis. If you are someone that has struggled with this for a long time, you probably agree that this is a reasonable price to pay for something that works. I just use the same pillowcase and towel all of the time and wash them as needed.

Reviewed on September 20, 2011

Although I've only been using this regimen for about 3 weeks, it's already 10x better than any other product I've used. I had tried Proactiv and it seemed to work slightly but my skin would BURN and get huge red blotches all over every time I used the toner on my face. My skin was so dry, my nose would peel and around my mouth would be flaky and gross. I have slightly sensitive skin so I thought maybe Benzoyl Peroxide maybe just wasn't for me. After trying Acne.org's treatment I will say the exact opposite!! Even with sensitive skin, I can use a lot of the BP gel (which feels really nice to smooth on your face!) and not feel ANY burning sensation whatsoever. The only thing was when I was starting to use it, the first couple days my forehead had a slightly bumpy feel (nothing visible) but it must have just been my skin getting used to the product and it went away in less than a week. The only thing I have found is, the more moisturizer, the better! I was wary at first to use as much as Dan Kern suggests but I thought I might as well give the exact regimen a shot and wouldn't go back for a second!! I will buy this time and time again! Cheaper than many products, shipping is pretty expensive ($70 with shipping) but well worth it!!!

Reviewed on September 20, 2011

I have been using it consistently for about 5 years everyday, it was the best thing I could find after trying a whole mess of products at the store. I was 18 (24 now) and my acne was moderately severe and it wasn't getting any better. After using it consistently, it was working and I never stopped since recently (totally regret it). My skin looked great for 2 weeks after quitting it (to try some natrual alternatives) but then soon after I'm back to exactly what I looked like 5 years ago, too embarrassed to go out now with all these cysts and pustules white heads on my face. I guess I have to get back to using this. I find that also I have to watch my diet as well, completely avoiding milk, which for some reason causes me to breakout even on the regimen which sucks cause I like milk, and avoiding alcohol which also sucks. Just do this regimen, eat a balanced diet, any applying some jojoba oil to my moisturizer (cause my skin gets dry), it helped me look normal and acne free.

Reviewed on September 11, 2011

Absolute BEST you will find. It is worth ordering and the shipping. I'm buying the big one next time.

WORKS- This is the ONLY formulation that cleared my face from 15 years of acne. Once my skin got used to it there is barely any dryness or flaking (but still keep using your moisturizer!)

I found that to clear my mod-mod severe acne I had to use a ton as per the DKR. After my skin mostly cleared I decreased the amount used some to stretch out the bottle and I stayed clear.

UNDER MAKEUP-

This is also the only BP I found that absorbs so well that you CAN load it on for the Regimen and it will soak in so well I can still do my makeup normally. Important while your scarring is fading! Plus I'm a makeup junkie so I am THRILLED this tx lets me keep it up. I have however stopped using primers and oil control creams. I will reintroduce one product at a time to see the effect.

AND since your skin improves you need less foundation saving you $ and making cosmetics fun again, instead of spending an hour crying in the bathroom bc you can't cover your acne.

COST-

This is also the best price you will find for BP anywhere. The bottle is huge and they don't sell that in stores. The cost per ounce is a steal. Unless you can get a dr's prescription with a low copay for this amount, you will save a ton of money buying this.

MY TIPS:

If not absorbing the full amount on your face put half the amount on, let that soak in...THEN go back and apply your other pump(s) and you can use the full amount and still have it totally absorbed.

If you get oily during the day, you don't want to wash your face again and strip your skin. Use blotting papers. Before this BP they were useless as I got oily within a half hour, but now I blot maybe twice a day if that. USE BAMBOO TYPE PAPERS. They will lift the oil off so well it looks like you did wash and your makeup looks fresh! The plasticy ones can't do this.

Acne.org BP lets

Reviewed on September 10, 2011

I think Dan is wonderful and I really wanted to try his BP because Panoxyl (common brand of BP in the UK) contains SLS and Dan's doesn't. I'd been on the regimen with panoxyl for several months and it cleared my skin but eventually I thought I would order the acne.org one instead.

I'm sad to say that it doesn't seem to work as well for me-maybe my skin got too used to the other brand? I broke out more with the acne.org one. The other main complaint I have is how much the fumes sting my eyes. Does anyone else experience this? I have to keep my eyes shut for about 10 minutes or else they start watering and going red.

I made the mistake also of stopping BP for a few months and am now suffering with the worst breakout I've ever had. My advice is to find the brand of BP that works for you and stick with it! I wish I had started with Dan's one, perhaps it would have worked better for me then? Good luck all of you in your search!

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

I live in a humid climate and this BP works wonders because it dries fast, something that my Clinique Acne Solutions didn't do (it would take about 15 minutes to dry). But the Acne.org BP dries in 2 to 3 minutes, but of course I wait a while to apply my moisturizer afterwards to make sure the skin absorbs most of it.

LOVE IT!

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

Ok so listen up, I've been on the regiment for a little over two weeks. Maybe its to early to write a review, but I have seen significant improvements in my skin. Acne seems to be fading and fading fast, new breakouts nope... Skin tone has dramatically improved. At first I just thought "well maybe because my skin is red from the treatment, thats why it looks better." No, not the case. This week the redness has been reducing as my skin begins to normalize with the treatment. Im seeing more and more improvements as the weeks fly by. I suffer from “cystic acne” I had a “big boy” on my face (which was there for more than a week) before I started the regiment; a little over two weeks and its basically healed... Anyone who suffers from cystic acne knows that these “big boys” can take weeks, sometimes even months to even start to reduce in size, let alone heal. I still have the dreaded red patch were he lived on my face, but that is fading rapidly, and with the AHA, that red patch is on the outs. At this point only time will tell whether or not this will actually work out for me, but its looking pretty good at this point, so im crossing my fingers. I intend to return to acne.org to update my review at about the eight week mark. Whether that be good, bad or indifferent. However this morning I woke up; went to wash my face, and I knew I needed to get here ASAP... Drink plenty of water, exercise, and eat right.

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

After suffering for roughly four to five years of acne, and buying into several gimmicks I finally discovered Acne.org. It was only by accident, and on youtube. Dan seemed very sincere and trustworthy. After reading over his website for about an hour I decided to take a chance and order his products. Wow is all I can say. In only a few weeks of following Dan's regimen I was able to finally get clear and beautiful skin. I've been using it every since, my family and friends all comment on how they can't believe how good my face looks. How liberating that feels I can't explain. I had tried medications in the past, which made me sick and only somewhat cured the acne. This however is probably much safer and clears me up wonderfully. Thanks Dan.. Cody McDonald from Lacey WA :)

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

This is SO worth the money. I am 37 and for the first time since before puberty I am ACNE FREE!!!! I have tried EVERYTHING out there (antibiotics, murad, proactiv, mario badescu, antibiotics, antibiotic creams, benzoyl peroxide) and NONE of it worked until I started on the 3 step acne.org regimen. I could not be more thrilled with the results!