Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1231 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Reviewed on August 19, 2011

I waited 6 months to write this review so that it would be as accurate as possible. About me: 25, female, always had acne-prone/combination skin. I was always a picker, and I'm sorry to admit, that when it comes to my skin, money has never been an object. The story: I had just started working a second job, and was extremely tired and stressed. Oftentimes, I was working 14-hour days, and I was just plain tired. Around this same time, I was due for my Depo shot, and skipped it because I couldn't find a time to get in. I had missed a few shots beforehand, so I do think that hormones played a role in everything that was going on. All of a sudden, and seemingly overnight, my one or two regular blemishes turned into way more. My jawline had painful ones, and my forehead developed these strange, under the surface bumps that couldn't be extricated. I TRIED EVERYTHING. Anyway, to keep this short, after every high-end/luxury brand acne treatment I could get my hands on DIDN'T work, I gave in and ordered this. And my life changed forever. Within a week it cleared up the bumps on my forehead completely. And I would safely say that everything else was gone within two months of consistent use. My regimen: Cetaphil cleanser morning and night + Acne.org BP Treatment morning and night + Philosophy HIAJ moisturizer morning and night = the best skin I've ever had. At the beginning, there will be a bit of irritation. Take it slow, invest in a thick moisturizer, and let your skin adjust. I know that there were nights that I skipped treatment because my skin was just too sensitive. It never seemed to hurt the results. Just pay attention to what your skin is telling you. If you have problem skin, RUN don't walk to get this. You won't regret it.

Reviewed on August 19, 2011

Ive only been using it for 2 weeks and it really works. Im 20 and ive had acne for years, they were never too much but they have always been there and i seriously tried everything in the drugstores and nothing completely worked. Maybe because my acne was not so bad, this product definetly cleared them all and my skin hasnt been clean like this for a LONG time!

The thing is this product clears up acne but dries out your skin so you really need a good moisturizer. I'm using Dan's cleanser and treatment and Neutregena's moisturizer for dry skin just because i read a lot that Dan's newly formulated moisturizer is not that good :P But anyways obviously my skin is never moisturized enough so i add olive oil when im putting on the moisturizer cos i couldnt find jojoba anywhere but this works fine for me.

I definetly recommend this to anyone, i wish i ordered this right away instead of trying all the other products on the shelves thinking they would be enough to get rid of my acne. I hope this will be long term! <3

Reviewed on August 15, 2011

within 3 days i got my result.it reduces my acne severity and dried out my acnes. 1-2 new acne breakout. bt im satisfied cause i had more acne.im using it for 6 days.but the worst point is its darkening my skin and makes dry.but im happy ,cause i want to get rid of my acne.

did not work over acne spot.as i used clindamycin phosphate for 5days it dint work much,though BP worked only within 3 days. :):):)

Reviewed on August 15, 2011

I was on the regimen for 4+ yrs ever since i started having acne.

It worked like wonder and was very affordable.

however, starting of this yr, i started having allergic reaction to BP.

My skin became very red, itchy, and irritated after using it for more than 4 yrs.

Regimen works like wonder. However, you might become sensitive to BP after long period of time.

Be thoughful when using a lot of BP over a long period of time.

Reviewed on August 12, 2011

Let me start off by saying I have been an avid user of acne.org's BP since I was 15. It helped tremendously when I was a teen. Im 23 now and I dont know if the formula has changed or its my skin but this just isnt cutting it anymore. My skin is always dry. Mind you, I have extremely oily skin. No moisturizer has been able to help me get over dry skin. Not even trying adding jojoba oil to it. I feel BP has aged me 5-10 years. There are too many cons that outweigh the pros. Sadly, as I have been an avid supporter of this community.

Time for accutane....

Reviewed on August 6, 2011

As a 30 year-old that has suffered with acne for 18 years, this is the best stuff out there. At first, my skin did not respond well but within a month or two, things turned around (well worth the wait!)

Reviewed on August 4, 2011

at first my face started to clear up and it turned extremly red. as the week progressed, the redness became more severe and it look like i had been burnt in the sun for days. the acne was dissappearing but this couldnt have been good on my face. i mean it makes your face red and dry. i went the natural way of eating fruits and detoxing and now my face is alot better and clearing up better than ever

Reviewed on August 2, 2011

Do not apply this product near your lips or around the eyes as you are applying all over your face. Even though it's only 2.5% BP, it is very powerful and it can severely dry your skin if you don't use enough moisturizer.

Reviewed on July 26, 2011

I am a 27 yo male. I recently got acne back. I have whiteheads and blackheads. This dried my skin a bit, and did nothing to stop new acne from forming, and did very little to current acne.

Reviewed on July 25, 2011

I got this for free because of a shipping mistake and I wasn't going to use it but I decided to try it and OH. MY. GOSH.

This junk is amazing.