Page 36 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1240 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Reviewed on September 9, 2011

This is SO worth the money. I am 37 and for the first time since before puberty I am ACNE FREE!!!! I have tried EVERYTHING out there (antibiotics, murad, proactiv, mario badescu, antibiotics, antibiotic creams, benzoyl peroxide) and NONE of it worked until I started on the 3 step acne.org regimen. I could not be more thrilled with the results!

Reviewed on September 8, 2011

I've used this product for well over a year and am overall impressed. Good price, good product. However it does damage the skin significantly.Skin builds up a reliance and in the event you decide to change your regime to something more natural, you'll be hit with a whirlwind. I am still using this product however 3 months ago I had decided to ween myself off this product into a much more natural regimen. I got down to one application every other day. Doing this for over a month I decided to finally eliminate that application. Big Mistake. The breakouts that followed were 10 fold worse than any I had experienced in my life. I've switched products in the past as I'm now longer a young man and understand the adaption period your skin requires. However that calm after the storm never came. For over a month I persisted to no avail. In the end my confidence and personal life was suffering too severely which prompted me to start using BP, again. Transition back into form was not easy either as I took me the better part of two months to get to a level close to where I was before. However in the end I recommend this product because it did improve my situation. But do your research first and look into natural alternatives.

Reviewed on September 6, 2011

My two first months with this treatment were really hard because of the dryness effect, my face was kind of peeling out and I had to moisturize it 3 or 4 times a day. Even harder, after 2 months I had only really small results, my face was still breaking out... but I was motivated and I stuck with it. This was probably the best decision I had because it finally worked after 3 months. It took a lot of time to work but now I'm totally clear. You should give it a try. I suppose this treatment could work faster for someone with moderate or light acne problems. Thank you

Good luck and don't give up !

ps: its been more than 6 months and it is still working perfectly.

Reviewed on September 3, 2011

If you're not allergic to benzoyl peroxide, this might work well for you. I didn't follow Dan's regime as closely as I should, but at first I used this as an acne spot treatment instead of all over my face since my spots are often concentrated in one area. It takes a few days to get rid if the small ones, but I couldn't really prevent cystic acne or treat it any better than my old treatments.

After trying to put this all over I noticed my eyes started watering like crazy and the following day I had red stripes right below my undereye circles. I put this all over for another couple of days then stopped b/c I wanted to see if this was the culprit. The redness was completely gone so I'll have to give this up.

I've decided to make peace with my acne and moisturize more so makeup actually looks good when I try to cover it. All these years of trying to treat it only dried my skin out and possibly made it worse.

Reviewed on September 2, 2011

I used Dan's regimen for about 7 months. While my face did dry a lot - and when i say a lot, i mean epic proportions of scaliness - the regimen worked for the most part. My face cleared up. Because it worked, I decided to take a break from acne medications. A month later, I broke out again. I went back on the regimen.

This time however, my face swelled and I developed odd patches of skin that looked like it was burned. I stopped all products until my skin healed. Then I used a very tiny amount of BP to see if the same reaction would happen again; it did. Even with a little bit of BP that area of my face reddened greatly.

For some unknown reason my face has developed a severe allergic reaction to BP. This is very disappointing to me because I know that BP works well for acne. However, the redness is just not worth it. I am going to try other products with BP, probably Proactiv's - their BP never dried me out as severely as Dan's did. Though it might be more expensive, its worth it if I can avoid the severe redness and swelling of Dan's BP which is even worse than acne itself.

Reviewed on August 26, 2011

I have only been on the regimen for 2 weeks and already my skin is looking great! I only have about 2-3 noticeable pimples. Its very drying but jojoba oil really helps :)! AVOID THE EYE AREA. Only major problem I'm having is my skin on my eye area is red,dry, itchy, and very irrated, so be careful! Other than that, I'm satisfied. Give it a try, don't hesitate :)!

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

I can't express how grateful I am for Dan and his regimen. Thank you!

Reviewed on August 22, 2011

I have been using Benzoyl Peroxide for a few months and I must say, I have seen some improvements. You JUST use it sonsistantly though! It has reduced the size of my spots which is really good. However, I have noticed that it darkens my skin quite a bit. I think that although it does help acne, it won't clear it in my opinion.

Reviewed on August 20, 2011

I would recommend this to anyone who has nodular, cystic acne like myself. Works very quickly (almost over night) and does not irritate my skin.

Reviewed on August 19, 2011

I waited 6 months to write this review so that it would be as accurate as possible. About me: 25, female, always had acne-prone/combination skin. I was always a picker, and I'm sorry to admit, that when it comes to my skin, money has never been an object. The story: I had just started working a second job, and was extremely tired and stressed. Oftentimes, I was working 14-hour days, and I was just plain tired. Around this same time, I was due for my Depo shot, and skipped it because I couldn't find a time to get in. I had missed a few shots beforehand, so I do think that hormones played a role in everything that was going on. All of a sudden, and seemingly overnight, my one or two regular blemishes turned into way more. My jawline had painful ones, and my forehead developed these strange, under the surface bumps that couldn't be extricated. I TRIED EVERYTHING. Anyway, to keep this short, after every high-end/luxury brand acne treatment I could get my hands on DIDN'T work, I gave in and ordered this. And my life changed forever. Within a week it cleared up the bumps on my forehead completely. And I would safely say that everything else was gone within two months of consistent use. My regimen: Cetaphil cleanser morning and night + Acne.org BP Treatment morning and night + Philosophy HIAJ moisturizer morning and night = the best skin I've ever had. At the beginning, there will be a bit of irritation. Take it slow, invest in a thick moisturizer, and let your skin adjust. I know that there were nights that I skipped treatment because my skin was just too sensitive. It never seemed to hurt the results. Just pay attention to what your skin is telling you. If you have problem skin, RUN don't walk to get this. You won't regret it.