Page 3 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1202 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

excellent
Reviewed on July 21, 2014

I have been using the regimen since March 2014 (4 months) and all I have to say are positives! For the first 3 weeks i did have incredibly dry skin, and notice some yellowing pigmentation in my skin from what i suspect was the moisturizer not sinking into dry skin particles, but these issues subsided in the first month. My skin is now 100% clear and I can't believe it!

I have had hormonal and cystic acne since i was 13 and was prescribed an array of anti bionics and topical creams through the NHS, but to no avail. After being referred to dermatology i considered Accutane, but at age 15 I did not want to take on board the risks. Yasmin birth control helped somewhat in clearing my skin in the first 6 months of use, however after a while it stopped having an effect and my acne returned. In winter after completely giving up on Yasmin after 3 years of ups and downs (and awful mood swings) My acne returned with a vengeance, with deep cysts on my chin, cheeks, and forehead. When I began the regimen my chin and cheeks cleared within the month, and it took around 3 months for the reoccurring forehead cysts to eventually disappear (applying a liberal amount of bp to the area really helped dry them out).

I would 100% recommend sticking out the regimen, i have been trying to clear my skin for 7 years using all sorts of prescribed, over the counter and natural remedies and diets which never lasted. I am now looking into treatments in evening out my scarring, and looking forwards to a more confident future!

edit :I never bother leaving reviews on products, but i do read them. This is the first product i have ever though to review as I am so happy with the results! Using the acne.org products has made a massive difference to my life and confidence

Gave me horrible cystic acne!
Reviewed on July 20, 2014

I really wanted to like this product unfortunately it gave me huge cystic acne. After about 3 weeks of using this product I started to break out so badly on my cheeks and it got progressively worse. Now I'm left with pitted scars =/

Awesome product
Reviewed on July 16, 2014

This one is the ultimate one.. Thank u soooo much as u made such a wonderful thing.. I tried so many things to remove my pimples which started in my 30's ..I never had pimples in my life till the age of 30..Suddenly I was having tooo many pimples on my face all over .. I tried so many things.. I did not get any result from other products. I lost my confidence and wasted lot of money to remove my pimples.. But this product just did miracle.. I used this product with acne.org's facewash...

REMEMBER : be patient while using it.. It takes some time to make your skin perfect.. It took appx 6 months to get clear skin in my case...Thanks a lot.. It is such a relief after getting rid off pimples.. In one word this product is AWESOME ...

Patients is a virtue
Reviewed on July 14, 2014

I've waited 3 months before making this review. 5 years of finding, trying and giving up on methods to fix my skin after 5 years of struggles when I got off BC, I've learned that you really must be patient with this one. What drew me to this product was that you dont NEED the product, you need the regimen, so I didnt feel like I was being sold.

I ordered this piece online because you can't find it in stores, along with the complex 15 moisturizer. In the mean time I went and bought the Neutrogena spot treatment because I was anxious after reading and watching so many success stories. I started using johnson & johnsons baby wash (soon after switched to Aveeno because I didnt want SLS) the Benzoyl peroxide, and jojoba oil alone until I got the Complex 15 moisturize (AMAZING) in the mail. I had to really stick it out through the dry stages, and I still get dry patches when I feel a break out coming on and I lather on the BP real thick, but its bearable. I use scotch tape to pull of the dry skin, & it doesnt bother it at all. 3 months have passed and I still get the typical PMS flare up, but it's so minor I dont even care. My friends have actually finally been saying my skin looks good and ask what I'm doing. Being 26 I'm just relieved! I never thought I'd see that day. All I wear now is a light powder (body shop's All in One), but I'm finally ok with being without make up again. So many take for granted their skin, struggling with acne was a burden on my life so I feel for everyone searching for help. This works, just be kind to your skin!

Excellent product
Reviewed on July 12, 2014

For someone that has been suffering acne for 13+ years this is the key to your salvation. I have been using this product off and on for more than a decade now. It's kept my acne down, but never really made me completely clear.

It wasn't until I finally gave it a go to use it as directed, and boy does it work! I believe that you MUST follow how Daniel wants you to use this product. If you do not use it exactly as directed, you WILL NOT be completely clear.

It is essential you rinse your face for 10 seconds or less etc....

Please follow the directions, you will not be disappointed.

great product 5/5

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE
Reviewed on July 12, 2014

Okay, I never had acne growing up. It wasn't until I turn 21 (my current age) that I started experiencing break outs. I've tried topical treatments, salicylic acid, and BP was my last attempt. I went to my doctor after ordering the Acne.org treatment set and she said I did the right thing by ordering this regimen. Not only has it cleared up majority of my acne, it's only been two weeks. The drying and flaking I experienced has totally been worth it because my skin is almost clear. Perfect because I'm going on vacation in three weeks, I still have a few acne pimples but from going to a face full of acne to a few bumps in literally two weeks? i have no complaints. Not to mention the price was so worth it for the amount you get. I will repurchase for as long as this stuff is being made.

It may work for you
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

This did clear my acne but did not prevent or treat blackheads effectively. I started to develop blackheads on my cheeks which I had not experienced for some time. It darkened my complexion ( I am an Asian Pakistani) and made my skin very dry. I do not know if it was the BP, the moisturiser or the AHA but something bleached my bedsheets and tops. Personally, I prefer Epiduo which contains 2.5% BP and 0.1% Adapalene. In comparison to the acne.org BP you only need to apply a pea-sized amount once a day or night. Epiduo has been effective at preventing my acne, blackheads and my hyperpigmentation. Epiduo lasts much longer and has not made my skin too dry either.

AMAZING
Reviewed on July 9, 2014

So i purchased May 20 and received it May 25! didnt expect it to come so quickly but glad it did! I was just about to go on vacation and was so worried about my face with no make up.

literally 5 days of usage before my vacay and my face was clear!

I hear a lot of horror stories about it drying your face out so i made sure i ONLY used it at night and used the tiniest amount ever. So far my face is clear and not dry or flaky.

i used this with the moisturizer which isnt my fav though but together they work!

Stronger formulations do not equal better. Take the 2.5% plunge!
Reviewed on July 4, 2014

Okay, this is going against all the math you've ever learned, but in this case 2.5% > 5.0% - 10.0%. That's right, less is more! Out of all the regimen products, I am least consistent with applying my BP. That said, the BP really supports the healthy skin established with the regimen's cleanser and moisturizer. I remember being very committed to using the BP when I started the regimen 3-4 years ago. Now I use it most during periods I know I'll need the boost ... like just before periods. Invest in white pillow cases and ragged sleepy-time shirts. Wal-Mart (and I'm sure other retailers) even sell bath towels that are resistant to BP bleaching. If you have to use it more than once before sleep, just be very careful about your clothes as even sweat mixed with BP can lead to bleached-out collars.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on July 2, 2014

I used this product for months but did not make any difference in my skin and in some ways made my acne worse! I know it is loads of good reviews on this and I do believe it work for some types of skin but i don't think is for everyone, for the price (which was quite expensive because I live in the UK) I would not recommend it to anyone.