Page 3 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1277 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Ineffective for acne. Great at bleaching and ruining your favorite clothes and towels
Reviewed on May 5, 2015

I've used Benzoyl Peroxide in vain over the course of a few years (both as a wash and spot treatment) and am finally giving up.

I have persistent mild to moderate acne and this product does nothing other than bleach my clothes and towels.

It doesn't seem to prevent my breakouts. Nor does it seem to help existing ones heals any quicker.

When I really up the usage it just dries out my skin, causing it to flake and crack, and makes things altogether worse.

After 6 months of use, still too irritating for my skin.
Reviewed on May 1, 2015

I'll start off by saying that I've been a BP user for nearly 10 years now. I wouldn't say that I have full on, all over acne, more like 2-5 zits going on at any given time with very sporadic clear times. I'd like those sporadic clear times to happen more often. I used Proactiv BP for about 7.5 years before getting tired of the price & mandatory subscription service. I then tried Paula's Choice BP for another 1.5 years. I didn't notice much of a difference between the 2. Both were somewhat effective, but were not clearing me the way I wanted to. Which led me to do more acne research, and thus to acne.org.

I've been doing the Regimen for 6 months with the Acne.org BP (2.5%). I'm not sure WHY this BP dries me out / causes so much more irritation than other BPs I've used in the past, but it does. I feel like I've given it a fair shake, but after all this time I can still only apply a little bit once per day (and some days not at all, when my skin is super dried out & irritated). I think this is partially why my skin is not as clear as I want it to be. It's also the only BP that makes my eyes burn - not that I am applying anywhere near my eye, but must just be the "fumes" from it being on my skin.

So, I don't buy the "I just need to give it more time" argument as my skin was well used to BP when I started using this product. I would say that my skin tends to be more on the sensitive side. I would be wary of this product if yours is, too.

This has changed my life!
Reviewed on April 25, 2015

Hi! I'm 33 years old and live in Spain. I finally found something that truly works!! I can happily say I'm acne free!!! It's been almost 4 months and I am free!! I think I've had 2 pimples in 4 months.

It' tough at the beginning. But it was ok because everything was going as expected. You guys explain really well what happens every week. In a month my skin was used to the treatment. My skin is still a little dry but I'm more than happy cause my pimples are gone!

I only had pimples in my chin but they were the big ones, the ones that really hurt. After trying different treatments including the pill, I am done with acne! No more worrying about pimples! No more being conscious about it going to the beach with friends for example, or at work, or special events!

Thank you!!

A tough process
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

My skin got really bad especially at the 6th month of the regimen... I look like a red fish ball. I was humiliated by my relatives, my sister and friends who have horrible chronic acne issues. Afterwards, my skin became close to perfect. There's no visible pimples for more than a year now. I love this product. Don't give up please!

by Yukinoshita on 04/25/2015 03:44
how long did it take for you to clear up or see results?
Need Advice Please!
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

My acne is actually not so bad, but i've got small spots all over my face and I constantly use foundation to cover up the scarring and also try and hide the spots, but unfortunately the bumps are still very visible. It looks as though I've got a disease all over my face, like the sort of bumps that you'd get when you have goose bumps. I don't know how to get rid of it, I've tried going without makeup, but even that didn't help. I'm considering the acne.org treatment, but I don't just want advice off people who have been sponsored to compliment the product, I want real and honest advice coming from people who maybe are going through what I am going through, or someone who have genuinely and honestly had success with this product?

by ShanazAktar on 04/24/2015 16:25
And also, if the regimen was to be suitable for my skin, would I have to continue using it if my skin had cleared up?
by bimmmmz on 04/24/2015 19:18
you definitely have to continue. but if your acne isn't that bad in the first place why commit to something you need to use forever?
New ones beside old pimples
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I'm on 3rd week of using the regimen but I feel like my skin is still not used to BP. For the first two weeks I used BP once day & less than a pea size because it was too harsh for my skin. If I add more, my face hurts and will be red as tomatoes so I use it a lot slower than most people. My concern is I noticed that I get new pimples close to the old ones that were healed by BP. It's strange! I feel like the old ones are just hiding under, move a bit, and pop out again! Did any of you had this experience?

Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I have been on The Regimen for a few years now. While it keeps acne under control, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide causes an overwhelming amount of dryness and irritation (even when following The Regimen as closely as possible). I have actually lost sleep because my face was so itchy at night.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm looking for a natural alternative. Harsh chemicals do not agree with my skin.

by bimmmmz on 04/24/2015 19:19
then how did you tolerate for a few years? i am curious!
by ShaneO on 04/24/2015 20:00
It worked much better at first; I only experienced mild irritation during the first couple of weeks. It has been horrible the past year. It seems like the closer I follow The Regimen, the more irritating it is. I recently tried cutting back on BP, but I started breaking out. I'm seeing a naturopath now.
acne.org regiment
Reviewed on April 23, 2015

tried this product and followed directions to the T and saw absolutely no improvement. The 1st 3weeks my skin was worse but expected as there is a purging stage but after 3months of using the regiment and no improvement from before i ever started using the product I decided to cut my losses and accept the factthat i wasnt going to be one of the lucky ones where this product changed their life. Great news is they have an excellent return policy

Good product, but beware of bleaching
Reviewed on April 15, 2015

I have used this product on and off for about five or six years. The product is one of the best on the market. While it doesn't make my skin 100% clear, it clears about 80-90%. I also notice a huge difference even if I forget to apply it for a day or two. The one HUGE issue I have with this product is the bleaching affect. What you will likely find after you use this is that your shirt collars and towels (if not white) start to bleach. I have had to throw out so many clothing items, including $150 dress shirts because of this. I also will only buy and use white sheets and white towels. If I visit a friend or family member over night, I bring my own towels so I don't bleach theirs. Is it still worth it in my opinion? Absolutely.

Best Benzoyl Peroxide You Can Buy!
Reviewed on April 13, 2015

love it. affordable (even though im in canada and have to pay 35$ in shipping AND US conversation rates & penalties and etc. Big bottle is available. Doesn't dry up quickly when applying like all the other BP i have tried, so it gives me enough time to cover my entire face evenly.

***note*** for new people using this.... ANY BP PRODUCT YOU BUY WILL DRY OUT YOUR FACE..... THAT IS PART OF WHAT IT DOES BUT this 2.5% solution(lowest you can go) is less drying then anything higher and just as affective.