Page 3 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1442 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

saved my life and self-esteem
Reviewed on April 16, 2017

I want to start out by saying I never write reviews. That's how amazing this product is. Anyway, Last summer my acne started getting quite bad (moderate-severe) to the point where I never left my house for months straight and started staying home from school. Then I started acne.org and although it took about 3 months (which is what it says in the guidelines that it will take) I have completely clear skin now! I NEVER get pimples anymore and have never been more happy! Please take my word and get this product it honestly saved my skin and my confidence. I go out makeup less ALL the time and feel confident doing so!

3 Months in - noticeable improvements.
Reviewed on April 14, 2017

I've had moderate to severe cystic acne all my life from puberty (I'm 21 now). I've been on the regimen for 3 months now and I do see an improvement but I'm not breakout free yet. Pimples that I do get seem to be going away faster and stubborn cysts are definitely shrinking. The downside is that this regimen takes a really long time to work and the dryness is excessive - I've even had to quit wearing skin makeup (not even a tinted moisturiser). I do intend to continue using this for about a year. If I'm not clear by then, I'll quit and head back to the dermatologist.

Unsure
Reviewed on April 6, 2017

So I have been struggling with mild acne for over three years now. I should consider myself lucky/blessed to only be mild acne there is much worse out there, but having it constantly and waking up everyday with two or more new pimples really can begin to take digs at your self-confidence and self-esteem - which I now have none.

I have tried a quite a few over the counter remedies, home remedies, pill and even acne tablets but NOTHING has worked! I had come across acne.org before but was skeptical about buying online - about three-four weeks ago I caved in and ordered, I was desperate!

So far, I can report that I am still waking up every day with new pimples.. my scarring /marks are deeper and darker then what they were prior to this treatment (once again effecting my self-esteem), and my face is still EXTREMELY DRY.

I always wear make-up when I am out and about, and even then my confidence is non-existent because by the end of the day it is gross, dry and crinkly - but still its better in my mind's eye then walking around with my acne on full display. My acne affects my social life as well.. I've made excuses to cancel events because of my skin - it ruins my life.

I will still with this treatement... I might order another 80z... but if I don't see any more improvements I will give it a toss. I am hopeful that soon it will help my skin but as for now I still suffer. Hope this helps.

Great Product!
Reviewed on April 6, 2017

The benzoyl peroxide is a great product within the regimen. The 2.5 percentage is great, and anything greater than that really is unnecessary (I have tried them all). What is important here is that it is used appropriately, and accordingly. With that being said, I certainly recommend the BP. When battling my acne, I was using the entire treatment twice daily until my skin cleared. I now use the cleanser and moisturizer daily, and the BP approximately 3 times weekly to maintain my skin.

I have used the bp individually without the other products and found that it was not effective without the other components. Each step has its importance. It is very important to apply the bp to cleansed and completely dried skin. It is also important to apply a thinner, rather than thicker coat (avoiding areas too close to the eyes and mouth if you are easily irritated there). And MOST importantly is moisturizing after the benzoyl peroxide has fully dried. I cannot stress how vital it is to moisturize and the reason being is that the bp not only unclogs your pores and helps stop bacteria, but it acts as a drying agent. Thus, it is important to return the moisture that the bp is eliminating by moisturizing it. I have oily skin and I have found that the best way to actually minimize and beat the oil was not by drying it out, but by moisturizing it more.

Try this! Run do not walk
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

I started struggling with acne in my late 20's and I am now in my late 30's. I had a major painful outbreak of persistent acne for the last two years and this kit has transformed my skin in about a months time. Today my skin is beautiful, clear, and luminous. I was afraid to try this because of bad experiences with proactive years ago and I thought benzoyl peroxide was not for me, but I was wrong.

Upon first application the pain and irritation my skin was immediately soothed. I have very sensitive skin and knew this going in, so I adjusted the regimen.

first day I applied twice a day, ( soothed skin what a releif!)

next day once a day and then a two day break

then two days on once a day

Then two days off

I applied once a day two on two off for the rest of the month. I did not increase application to every day because I was experiencing progress and I did not need to use the treatment every day for results. For me using the treatment to often causes irritation. today I use the treatment once or twice a week to maintain my results. I love the cleanser and moisturizer and I use these every day. This is a very effective system and I could not be happier!

Help needed!
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

Help, please! I did the test on this page and according the results I bought bp together with AHA (no face washer or moisturiser), as I have acne only on and under my chin. So I started to use bp in the morning for the first two weeks, and only on the third week I managed to put it in the evening as well. Now it's been three weeks since I started to use it on affected area and my skin looks terrible. It's all red and it looks burnt, it seems like wounds opened on my chin. The skin peals off all over that area, feels so itchy. It hurts so much when I apply bp after the shower or moisturiser after bp. I haven't started to use AHA yet, and I take the moisturiser everywhere with me and use it few times a day (I have Neutrogena spf15). Has anyone experienced anything similar and could advise what shall I do? Should I stop using it at all? Or should I do a break? Or should I continue? I am afraid the damage will be worse than having acne..

by Ouijaicrois on 04/03/2017 23:28
Hi, I did get flakes, extremely dry skin, skin discoloration when I started this regimen, bp is harsh on my skin so, I started alternating it.. I do once a day a day off but once a day when my face got used to the irritation I sometimes do twice a day but not regularly.
by Lozzi on 04/06/2017 07:37
My skin looks reddish after I apply it but it goes down not long after. I have extremely dry skin because of this product though, my skin literally flakes. It was irritating when I first started a few weeks ago, but I persisted.. only sometimes after I put the soother on does it sting for a little bit, I just ignore it. It did break me out, but I read that was normal.. that it was your skin purging.
by Melissa051386 on 04/10/2017 18:22
You need to alternate days. Or use less product. Two days on....Two days off! Be patient! 😊
Works great and the consistency is perfect
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

I always thought I was allergic to benzoyl peroxide until I found the acne.org products and regimen. This benzoyl peroxide strength works great-- you don't need a higher percentage. The key is to moisturize sufficiently after using it. I have extremely oily skin, but I use a moisturizer (Cerave pm facial moisturizing lotion, oddly enough) mixed with a drop of acne.org jojoba oil after the bp lotion in the morning, and the same moisturizer mixed with acne.org AHA lotion after bp lotion before bed. I've been doing this for 8 months and my skin is clear with great texture and no flakiness for the first time in DECADES: all thanks to the regimen developed by acne.org.

Nervous and Eager to continue
Reviewed on March 7, 2017

I've been using this for 8 weeks now. I had a lot of cystic acne break out the first 4 weeks of use but now I will only get a few pimples here and there. I am going to continue and hoping my skin completely clears up. I have tried everything and this is my last hope. My scars have become more noticeable and my face is red most of the time. Could anyone let me know if this redness will go away ? And what is the best scar treatment to use while on the regimen?

by Lisarie on 03/18/2017 17:28
Are you following the whole acne.org regimen? Even though my skin is extremely oily, I always follow up bp with moisturizer: in the morning I use Cerave pm facial moisturizer mixed with a drop or 2 of jojoba oil. In the evening I follow up the bp with the Cerave mixed with acne.org's AHA lotion (following their instructions for adding it GRADUALLY or it will sting like the dickens! Following all acne.org's instructions worked great for me!
Not sure yet
Reviewed on February 25, 2017

My Dr actually prescribed bp at 5% I think it's only been a week I use it after I wash and then I moisturise but I don't see much of a difference although my face does feel super clean... she also said it will get worse before it gets better not looking forward to that and it will take 2 months to see results which most of you are saying the same so reading these reviews are giving me hope ! I'll post again next month with an update!

stay away!
Reviewed on February 15, 2017

I've been using this product for about 3 weeks now and my face is so red, dry and my face looks like a wrinkled paper. Some of my acne went away but new came. It left so many red patches and red marks it's INSANE! Even the smallest pimples left a bright red mark that will take forever to fade. My existing marks from before became even worse. I am so scared to stop because many people says it comes back worse. My skin texture is so bad and my skin tone is uneven. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE!

by Melissa051386 on 04/10/2017 18:24
You need to alternate days. 2 days on...2 days off. You did not start slow enough. This happened to me too. It's been 2 months using the kit and my skin has never looked this good.