Page 3 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1352 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Its ok
Reviewed on May 23, 2016

Guys acne treatments dry out your skin its normal just try to moisturize your skin

by Mariam_G on 06/14/2016 14:38
my face is sooo dry and, i barely can open my mouth :/ there are days when im completly clear, but the next day i have 2-3 or more pimples :/ i'm not giving up yet, because its says 3-4 month to see the result :/
Try BP if you haven't already!
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

I have normal, non-sensitive skin. I've had acne for about 4 years, and I feel so dumb for not having tried BP beforehand. Now, as you people may already know, this stuff kills the bacteria deep within your pores that causes acne. If bacteria is one of the main causes for your acne, this should positively affect your skin.

I got BP from acne.org because it is cheap (there is A LOT of it, so that's why it seems expensive, but it's actually cheaper in the long run than buying multiple small tubes) and there are not too many ingredients.

I use BP as a spot treatment and after getting acne.org's BP, also apply it all over my face really lightly. For me, BP takes effect immediately in all kinds of acne: whiteheads, inflamed pimples, cystic acne, you name it. I feel like it worked best on whiteheads, though.

I also use BP to prevent acne; e.g. I always get a zit over my mouth once a month around my period, but after I began to apply BP really lightly over the area like once in three days, I haven't gotten any since then.

Since using BP, I have gotten a significantly lower number of flare-ups, as new pimples do not make it to the point where it starts to become inflamed. BP usually kills it as it rises or most likely prevents it before it forms.

I personally don't think you need to use as much as acne.org tells you to; that might be overly irritating and very drying.

ANYWAY, definitely try Benzoyl Peroxide if you haven't, even if it's not from acne.org! I started off with the cheap CVS 2.5% one to test it out. It really makes a difference and I'm seeing hope for clear skin. I've never been so happy with how much my skin is improving. It kills acne bacteria. It just makes sense to try. I seriously cannot understand why I haven't. If I could go back in time, I would hand myself a tube of BP before I got all these scars.

My face looks dirty
Reviewed on May 13, 2016

I started the regimen last week and I do see my face clearing up but my face looks dirty. My skin texture looks weird and patchy because the dirt and peeling from the benzoyl peroxide. I know I'm not suppose to exfoliate and I should wait a month for the aha+ but my complexion looks horrible, my face looks another color than my body. I want to know if i can exfoliate with sugar and honey to scrub the dead skin off.

by Smooth_As_A_Babies_Butt on 05/23/2016 06:42
Do not! Basically I had a fairly long reply typed out for a word of advice to you and it got deleted. I still wanted to let you know. Don't worry about it. Do not exfoliate with scrubs. Don't over wash. Don't worry about it. The BP works but if you use it regularly it is harsh. You just need to take a heal day or maybe two. Just make sure you stop every now and then to let your face recover. Get a really great heavy moisturizer. Wash with a gentle cleanser that will not only be super gentle, but will restore your faces natural pH. (this helps in absorption of the moisture and in aiding natural antibacterial qualities within the skin) and just slather on the best noncomedogenic moisturizer you can find. You just need to heal. Absolutely 100% do not use the AHA until you are very accustomed to the BP treatment and DO NOT use it too often. Your skin has acne and it needs to be medicated, but it is still skin. You need to be gentle with it and not overdo it. Overfishing, overmedicating, scrubbing, etc. will just make it worse. You will look worse, feel worse, and hate life.
by Mariam_G on 06/14/2016 14:41
my face is sooo dry and, i barely can open my mouth :/ there are days when im completly clear, but the next day i have 2-3 or more pimples :/ its been 3 weeks that im using this product;
Has this happened to you??
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

It's the beginning of 2 weeks using the full regime and my face has cleared beautifully but I'm noticing my face is now darker than the rest of my skin tone.. I have a Olive skin tone so it's not like my face doesn't turn red when irritated... Contemplating whether I should continue with the treatment. Has anyone else experience this??

by SaraWold on 05/13/2016 07:09
Oh my goodness yes! I have been using the full regimen for a week and I no new pimples have formed but my face seems dirty. It is darker than the rest of my body and I think I should exfoliate but idk.
by JustanotherMarian on 05/15/2016 15:38
Happened to me also. I've been using this and the regimen and noticed that my skin color seems to be darker. Right now I'm looking for skin brightening/lightening products which would hopefully help me get back my original color lol and to also lighten my red spots :(
by choco_latte on 05/16/2016 02:58
Maybe you tanned a little because BP makes you more sensitive to UV rays?
by nadiahamied on 05/24/2016 14:54
i experienced the same thing! i have an olive skin tone and i noticed around my mouth and chin area that my skin colour had darkened! i lowered my BP dosage and moisturized the area regularly with the moisturizer that it comes with and after 2 days i noticed that it gradually started to go back to its normal colour again. i've been using it for a week. i guess it because our faces don't go red/pink so when our skin is irritated and trying to adjust it just appears darker, but as your skin adjusts the colour should go back to normal
by LalaE on 05/31/2016 23:17
Do you guys use sunscreen? I've been using the cleanser & BP only for a month, I did notice that my cheeks but only where I applied the BP was a little darker than the rest of my face. I think it was because I forgot to use sunscreen that day and after applying my moisturizer a few times it went away. Use Sunscreen guys!
by LalaE on 05/31/2016 23:24
Edit: It could also be because of the moisturizer containing oil, or if you use oil to moisturize. From experience when I was using coconut oil as a moisturizer my face turned dark and it looked dirty as you mentioned. As soon as I stopped using it and exfoliated my face went back to normal, so it could be lack of sunscreen or oil buildup.
Good spot treatment as well.
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

I don't have acne anymore but I sometimes get from time to time and this works as a good spot treatment for them.

This stuff obviously works
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

Just do this before you do anything else and you will see the results you're seeking. Follow the regimen EXACTLY as told on this site and give it a fair trial of at least three months and you will have to see the results you're seeking. This will dry you're face out which is exactly why you need to use Daniel Kern's regimen as well. Good luck!!

Life Changer
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

This product changed my life. Please visit my profile for some before and after photos.

Wonder product
Reviewed on May 5, 2016

I will credit the majority of my clear face now to this wonderful product(: I've had amazing results and this product and the regimen and this site helped me immensely, my confidence has risen and I find myself doing things I never would have done before when I had my acne. If you have acne and are debating whether to buy this or not, definitely buy it! It's totally worth it and you won't regret it! I still use this every single day and I love it!

Life Changing
Reviewed on May 3, 2016

Two years ago, i started to get quite a bit of regular teenage hormonal acne. I started using the regimen and the benzoyl peroxide treatment severely dried out my skin. However, once i passed the several week long stage of dry skin, after two months, i never got a pimple again. I am now 16 and get a few inevitable pimples, but do not follow the regimen instructions to the dot anymore. I sometimes sleep with makeup on and am not very gentle with my skin. I also only use the benzoyl peroxide treatment at night. However, my skin has gone from clogged pores and acne filled to minimal pores and no acne. This is a miracle product and is the only thing that has ever worked for me. LOVE IT

Dry skin
Reviewed on May 3, 2016

I have been using this product for about a week now and the skin around my mouth and on the sides of my nose have gotten EXTREMELY dry. It is so dry, irritated, and red that it hurts to smile or even chew my food. Somebody please, please, PLEASE help!!!!!

by 469018_1443952874 on 05/04/2016 02:57
i am the same exact way right now and i have no idea what to do!!
by Damonique Miller on 05/04/2016 23:43
Hey I recently discovered that it wasn't this product causing me this problem. It was the moisturizer. Although Bp does dry your skin out a little bit, the moisturizer may be your problem. I would suggest lowering your Bp dosage to a pea size once at night only until your skin gains a tolerance. As for the moisturizer, if you are using, I would advise you to stop using it and switch to a different moisturizer. I am currently on the hunt for a new one as we speak. GOOD LUCK!! :)
by kajr on 06/12/2016 11:01
My whole starts peeling when I use as much as advised, even though I've used a 2.5% cream for years. Back WAY off the quantity. For moisturizer I slather on Aveeno daily moisturizer. My skin is very sensitive (eg, Cerave makes it burn) and acne-prone and it loves this stuff.