Page 3 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1386 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Best there is
Reviewed on August 14, 2016

So I've had bad acne for about three years now most around my jaw line, cheek and neck area. I've been using this regimen for only one week now and I can honestly say my skin is looking the best it has looked in those 3 years. I apply a little more of BP around my chin and jawline as that's my most affected area. I would definitely recommend over using your moisturiser as your skin can dry out from the BP. This has definitely changed my life and I will continue to use it!

regimen on for a week
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

I've been using this treatment for a week now. And my face is peeling a little only at the chin and my left cheek. On my left cheek,after the skin peeled, i had 3 breakouts that have whitehead,is this part of the process? I also noticed that other areas(forehead,right cheek and temple) are still dark and showed no signs of peeling,is this normal? Will they peel soon? Im afraid that they will stay dark. Please help.

by Henry Sparklepuss on 09/01/2016 21:00
It takes quite a while for any regimen to show actual results, assessing after a week really only makes people crazy. Peeling is normal and should reduce once your skin gets used to the treatment. If not, increasing moisturizer or use of jojoba oil helps. Or reduce application of the benzoyl to once per day. As for the whiteheads, those are typical at the beginning of most regimens and is typically referred to as purging. It tends to clear quickly.
Changed My Life!
Reviewed on August 10, 2016

The Regimen changed my life and the way I feel about myself!

I came back from a year long backpacking trip where my skin completely cleared up and when I came home into a very stressful situation (my dad passed away) my already acne prone skin flared up with intensity. I had cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline (at least 5-10 at a time). I had acne under my skin on my forehead, a lot of little bumps around my temples, and pimples I could sometimes pop on my inner cheeks next to my nose. I tried Aczone and Adapalene but neither worked and they made my skin look really dull. I finally stumbled across Acne.org Regimen in December of 2015 so I've been using it for 8 or 9 months now. The first two months were hard. I had really dry, red skin but I could tell that my skin was healing. By month 5 & 6 my forehead and inner cheek acne almost completely disappeared besides the occasional break out. My cystic acne was stubborn but I can say now that I have not had 1 cystic break out for at least 2 months! I added AHA to my regimen about 5 months after starting the Regimen and I feel like that made a huge difference. I mix it with the lotion every night equal parts.

I am so happy and confident with my skin now! It is completely clear! I cannot express enough that you need to give the Regimen time to heal your acne! The longer I stay on it the more beautiful my skin is. The only thing I have now is a little bit of scarring and dark marks that I can easily cover with makeup. I use Bare Minerals complexion rescue which has never made me break out and is really light weight! Please try to Regimen & stick with it if you're struggling with acne! It will change your life.

Commitment
Reviewed on August 8, 2016

So I tried the acne.org treatment for 10 weeks with my moderate acne. I'd only used over the counter products before this regiment so I was hoping for good result and a step up from my regular regiment.

At first it went well, I spend time every evening and every morning applying the treatment and following the instructions precisely but I soon noticed the skin on my face turning a slightly different colour to the rest of my body and my skin became quite dry too. From around week 4 I noticed a significant improvement as I was getting much fewer breakouts than usual and some areas of my face even cleared up completely. Unfortunately, this is as good as it got and I never actually had completely clear skin.

The largest downsides to me are that it takes at least 20 minutes every morning and evening to properly apply the treatment; my skin was showing signs of dryness and flakiness (even after 2 pumps of moisturiser!); and it also prohibited me from doing certain activities like swimming or working out. This is because after swimming the moisturiser gets washed off and your skin looks and becomes extremely dry so you would have to re-apply the moisturiser. And the problem with working out is that unless you don't shower after working out or only workout just before your morning or evening shower, then you would have to re-apply the regiment or moisturiser again.

I would only recommend this if you're ready and prepared to make sacrifices for your acne and battle other challenges like dry skin as well as acne. You also need to be extremely committed as only 1 missed morning resulted in a breakout for me.

I've been off the regiment for about 4 days now and I've had quite a few breakouts, but at least my skin feels normal again.

Life Changing Product
Reviewed on August 6, 2016

Most amazing product ever. Been using it for 2 years consistently now! Clears my breakouts over night. Completely changed my life.

My face is SOOO itchy!!!
Reviewed on August 6, 2016

So this won't really be a review as I am only on day 2 of the regimen, but this itching is boredline unbearable. I followed the directions to a T just like they tell you to, and my face hasn't stopped itching. I can already see my skin drying out and peeling a little, so I know that it's the BPdoing what BP does. But I honestly don't know if I can deal with this for 1-3 weeks! I ordered the Jojoba Oil today in hopes that it would help alleviate this horrible itching, but does any one have any other suggestions?

Works until it doesn't work
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

This is great in the beginning but not an optimal solution for acne :(

Worked for a couple of months
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

The whole regimen worked wonders for me for about 5 months. Out of nowhere I started to react terribly to the benzoyl peroxide and get bright red at even the smallest amount. Idk what happened but I WAS DEVASTATED. I'm now resorting to accutane which was really my last resort but nothing.. and I mean nothing has helped me since.

CLEARED MOST OF MY ACNE IN A MONTH!
Reviewed on May 31, 2016

UPDATE:

My skin is clear! I have a few extremely tiny bumps around my hair line but besides that everything is good. Im still using the same products except the sunscreen. I don't follow the exact acne.org regimen, I do about 2-3 thin layers of BP or ill keep reapplying as needed, not a finger length, and I use one small pump of the cleanser. I occasionally use a toner, and Ive been drinking Red bush tea every night.

May 31, 2016

Skin type: Combo / Acne Prone

Type of acne: Mild/Moderate

I decided to use this as an alternative to the expensive facial treatments I was getting, and after about a month on this product my skin is almost 100% clear. I only bought the cleanser and BP because their moisturizer contains alcohol and oil which I know does not work on MY skin. The added alcohol in moisturizers from MY experience burns my skin while leaving my face dry, it also creates dark spots around the corners of my mouth. The key is finding things that work for YOU! I'm currently using Neutrogena oil free moisturizer which is free of alcohol and more, I also use the Neutrogena oil free sunscreen. So far this combination in addition to being dairy free has been working wonders. I also switched my foundation to CoverFX which is for sensitive, acne prone skin and that has been amazing also, I highly recommend this product.

by FaintIkebana on 08/14/2016 07:26
How did you get rid of the dark spots on the corners of your mouth?
by LalaE on 09/11/2016 19:34
I got 2 face peels and afterwards they faded away naturally with a lot of water intake and applying sunscreen to that area.
Skin Much Worse Now but Reading Other Comments Should I NOT Stop Using It?
Reviewed on July 31, 2016

I come on here because I'm having a bad reaction on the third day using this product so I wanted to write a review on here. I share the same experience as other negative reviews said, skin has severe breakouts like rash, skin redness, peel, burns, itch and visibly swollen. I used pea size per the instruction and the breakout happened on the third day in the morning after I woke up. Some of the comments say they are the symptoms before your skin actually get a lot better later. I have already stopped using it. Can someone please tell me if this process is normal and the most scary part is if continuous application will worsen the current symptoms? I let my skin naturally heal for now. Thank you very much for anyone's response in advance!

by Roos on 07/31/2016 10:34
My skin got itchy and peeled as well in the beginning but I don't have that reaction any more. I think your skin just needs to get used to it. Maybe try using it every other day once your skin calmed down a little?