Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment

Brand: Acne.org

Most helpful review

By egsviola54 on 04/27/2013
thumbnail

I suffered from cystic acne since the age of 13, and finally discovered this product from doing some serious internet research at the age of 26 (January 2012). Before using the treatment, I was using Clearasil Ultra (10% BP), and suffered from painful and chronic acne that left me suffering from a serious lack of self esteem. I got engaged at 25 and wanted very badly to have clear skin for my wedding in September 2012, so after reading all of the reviews I decided to give this product a try. I only purchased the BP treatment, and used it with Oil of Olay foaming face wash, along with Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer (0.5% salicylic acid), and also began taking zinc every day, and my face immediately began to clear up within only a couple of weeks, if that. My face was completely clear and radiant for my wedding, with not a single pimple in sight in any of my wedding photos. I can't tell you how happy and confident this product has made me feel! My face has been the clearest that it has ever been since I was very young, and the cystic, painful acne has completely disappeared. I rarely get pimples now (April 2013), and my skin looks radiant and smooth. It's almost difficult to believe that this is even possible. I wish that I had discovered this product earlier, and avoided all of the pain that having horrible acne all those years caused me. If you are scouring the internet for a treatment for your acne, and are feeling like nothing will ever work, I am begging you to please try this product out. If you are using BP that is in high concentration, like I was, immediately stop because that is most likely the reason why you are breaking out so badly--it is very damaging and irritating to your skin, and in this case, less BP is definitely more!! Please take my word for it, and if you don't want to buy the entire regimen, at least try what I am using and see if it works for you! :) Good luck!!.

Pros:
  • Completely cleared cystic acne
  • smooth radiant skin
  • works quickly and is highly effective
Cons:
  • None that I can think of

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Member reviews

“Satisfied customer”
By on

Finally, something that continues to work and is easy enough to do to make daily application bearable.

Pros

• Works
  • Easy to apply

Cons

[not submitted]
  • for a few months
  • $ 40
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Good Stuff!!!”
By on

This product is really good at killing acne. i have been using it for almost a week now and my face is already looking better and my scars are progressively fading away. I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is actually suffering from acne... Besides the fact that my skin was previously very oily, this product made my skin very very very dry and flaky, which i hate. >.<

Pros

• Kills acne
  • It's absorbant- leaves nothing behind
  • Fades acne scars a little

Cons

• Extremely DRYING and FLAKY
  • time consuming
  • expensive-but it's worth a try!!
  • for about a week
  • $ 21
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“THIS STUFF IS AMAZING”
By on

I have been struggling with acne for 6 years. I've been on antibiotics and creams from doctors. NOTHING worked. Till i tried this. I am so pleased with my results of just two weeks. Im not ashamed of my face anymore. I dont feel like i have to wear makeup every day now to cover my ugliness(ance). I recommend this product to anyone with acne. The Benzoyl Peroxide just melts into your face. It even made me less oily. I am in love with this product.

Pros

• CLEARS ACNE
  • less oily

Cons

• none
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Daniel Kern changed my life”
By on

I've been using The Regimen for about two years now and I felt this was the best time to post an honest, reliable review. I developed acne when I was around 13 years old, and it got really severe right when I turned 16. I stumbled upon acne.org while searching for reviews on Accutane (my skin was THAT bad and I was desperate). I researched a lot and decided to trust this company due to the transparency of information and the thoroughness of all of the steps and products. I was really annoyed at first because the treatment was drying out my skin and I wasn't seeing improvements. After about a month, I woke up to the greatest miracle I ever experienced in my life - my skin literally cleared overnight. After feeling betrayed by dozens of other acne-fighting products on the market, I finally found peace with The Regimen. I still use it twice a day, everyday for the past two years and my skin has been clear ever since. I still suffer from acne scars and discoloration, but that too is getting better because I now have a clean slate to work with. Daniel Kern and acne.org - I cannot thank you enough. You've restored confidence and life into me and I will forever stay loyal to this product.

Pros

• Legitimatley clears skin like no other products on the market
  • Extremely thorough and accurate instructions for use
  • Comes in travel sizes so I can take The Regimen everywhere

Cons

• I'm from Canada so shipping is pricey - but totally worth the money!
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Advice from a Professional Makeup Artist”
By on

I have been following Dan's work with acne.org for years now. As a professional makeup artist who struggled with severe cystic acne for more than a decade, I was professionally and emotionally invested in getting things cleared up. I tried EVERYTHING. Before Dan came out with this product, I was using the Nuetrogena version, and it left a white film all over my face. I went through a series of other treatments, including two rounds of Accutane. In Dec of 2012, I was on an Obagi regimen that was very helpful, but the acne had come back with a vengeance. This time, instead of just normal (yet still terrible) acne, I had full blown infected pustules. I cried in my derm's office and he told me it was time for a third round of Accutane. I couldn't handle the aches, the pain, any of it any more. He mentioned adding Benzacline to my Obagi routine to see if that helped before going back on Accutane, and I left with loads of samples to try. My skin did clear up pretty fast with the added Benzacline, and I did some research and found out that Benzacline was a combination of Benzoyl Peroxide and Clindamyicine. The problem was, to buy a small tube of it was more than $350, and the lowest I was able to get it was $89 after going through a Canadian pharmacy. Knowing now that the benzoyl peroxide was an ingredient in the new treatment that was added to my already 7 step routine, I decided to give just the benzoyl a go. Somehow I ended up back here and learned he had started his own line of products. What ended up happening is that I now have my clear-skin routine reduced to: Murad Acne Wash mixed with 5 dissolved aspirin tablets, Obagi Clear, Dan's Benzoyl Peroxide, and Cera Ve Moisturizer. I rarely break out and when I do, I have a little Retin A that dried it out very quickly. I get facials every 5 weeks to remove the blackheads but other than that, I'm clear. I can put my makeup on over the gel, which is HUGE for me given my profession. As a beauty professional and as an acne sufferer, I can tell you that this product is amazing, used alone or in combination. Own it, and if you still have problems, give my routine a go to see if having a few other treatments helps. While your add it, give up dairy. You don't need it and there's plenty of substitutes out there anyways. While there is no proven link, you're not getting any health benefits anyways and filling your body up with hormones from another animal. (Calcium you say? Well, America consumes more cow's milk than any other country and yet we have the highest rate of osteoporosis. Might want to question what the USDA is telling you and who is padding their pockets.)

“Very promising .”
By on

Let me start off by saying how frustrating it is to have acne . I'm 21 years old & i've suffered from acne since i can remember . Most of my family member also suffer from acne so i came to the conclusion that it was genetic & that i would forever have acne . I've spent hundreds of dollars trying to find a cure for my acne . I've tried EVERYTHING . I would look in the mirror & cry . The pimples on my face were white & extremely painful plus i felt ugly & unattractive . I would pick at them which wouldn't help but i preferred to squeeze that disgusting pus out instead of having it sit on my face .

I been on the regimen for almost two months now & my face has done a complete 360 ! It's not flawless like i would like it to be , but i no longer have white pimples . My cheeks are completely cleared . The BP will dry your skin out like crazy & you will break out a couple times but don't lose hope ! I have so much patience for my skin specially when i know this product is working . & trust me it is . I call the BP my secret weapon ; after washing my face , i apply some on my problem areas first , wait a couple minutes or until it absorbs & then apply some to the rest of my face . My skin was really oily before i began my journey , but now it's really super dry . The acne.org moisturizer is okay but i think i'm going to use a better one to heal my dry skin . I think it's safe to use another cleanser & moisturizer besides the ones offered by the site as long as you use their BP . In my opinion is what gets the job done ! Be patient !

Pros

• clears acne

Cons

• Makes skin dry , flaky
  • for a few months
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Miracle product”
By on

I don't really know where to begin.

I have been suffering from acne since I was 12 and back then it was just a few pimples on the forehead that left dark spots. Soon it got worse and started spreading on my cheeks. I entered high school and I had already started wearing foundation because my scars and acne started taking a toll on my confidence. I was young and I researched ALL the time on acne cures. I remember saving up my allowance just to buy drugstore face washes or creams. I never told my parents because even then they always seemed to judge my skin and I didn't want to bring more attention to it.

Sophomore year was the worse. I started getting cystic acne. These just weren't the regular pimples that could be popped (which I know you're not supposed to) these pimples were deep in the skin and looked like bumps on the face. Foundation couldn't even do anything at all to help me feel a little better about myself. I always put my hair on the side of my face and even when the wind was blowing, I tried to keep it there. My parents began to cringe when they saw my face and they started getting mad at me for using and buying all these face washes. I probably spent a couple hundred on face products. I began to avoid going outside and I started fighting my parents a lot because I always felt like crap around them. I wore foundation in my own house because I felt the most judged around my family. I cannot even begin to explain everything that I went through.

Eventually my parents forced me to go to the dermatologist. Around that time, I was breaking out with at least 10 cystic pimples and maybe another 10 pimples with puss. I felt horrendous to the point that leaving the house without makeup was not an option. I went to the dermatologist with a face full of makeup. They asked me to take my makeup off and my mom was in the room. I never felt so vulnerable in my life. I don't know what it was, but we started arguing in the room when the doctor wasn't there and I started crying. The dermatologist and assistant came in and saw that I was crying and they realized how completely broken I was.

I went to the dermatologist for months. They gave me their own products and constantly gave me cortisone injections, maybe 10 or more per visit. My pimples were going away, but it left my face absolutely pitted. And then it stopped working. The cystic acne came back and honestly I thought I was just going to live the rest of my life getting these shots.

The rest of high school remained the same. Senior year my cystic acne had reduced, however it never truly left. I started my freshman year of college and my first semester, I guess from all the stress, my cystic acne came back with a vengeance and it was the worst I had seen it. Finally feeling so tired and depressed, I went on acne.org. I knew of the website a long time ago, just when I started having pimples. I remember reading reviews here for different products, but I never knew or I guess was never interested in trying out Dan's products. I figured that since I have tried, to me felt like, absolutely everything, including 10% BP, salicylic acid, sulfate, green tea, sea salt, aspirin, how could a low dosage of BP work.

In desperation, I bought the set. Literally within two weeks my skin was 60% a lot better. And keep in mind that my acne was already at its worst. My skin did get very dry, which I never imagined it could be since I have very oily skin. Eventually I had to switch to a thicker moisturizer to combat the dry skin. After a month, I did not have any pimples left, cystic or regular.

I guess I'm taking the time to write this because I want to help anyone, even just one person, who has battled acne for a long time or who just started. Follow the regimen precisely, especially the dosage or it will not work. I am now happy and confident and I hope you guys will be too.

• for about a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Best treatment I've tried”
By on

Best results of all things I have tried in about 10 years of having moderate acne.

Tried: diet changes (various), OTC washes, clindamycin+differin

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Non-prescription

Cons

• Irritation
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“After 4 years i finally found the answer.”
By on

I've been suffering from acne since the year 2009. When i noticed that acne was developing, i went to my doctor and he prescribed me benzoylperoxide 10% with Clindamycin lotion. First it worked pretty well but after a while it stopped working and it only made my face really dry. After a year struggling i went to a dermatologist that uses Photodynamic light therapy and claimed that this was THE answer to acne so i was really excited. Beside the light therapy, they prescribed me tretinoin creme (Acid-A 0,25%). The first 2 months i noticed severe break-outs that really covered my face with acne. They said that this was common and that i should stick to the therapy. Only after 6 months i started to notice that my skin was improving. After almost 1 year of therapy i still had acne just like i had it before this therapy. My conclusion was that it only cleared the acne that the therapy had caused in the beginning and that dermatologist had made a lot of money and i still had acne... So i stopped the therapy and starting to get desperate about what to do. After doing a lot of research i found this site and first tried to find local products. Here in the Netherlands you can't find BP 2.5%, only 5% and 10% so i tried the 5% with a good cleanser and a moisturizer. After 3 weeks i really noticed great improvements and couldn't believe it worked so quickly. The bad thing was that my face was really red and flaky. It's pretty expensive to get The Regimen from acne.org shipped to the Netherlands but i got myself the Big Kit + AHA and Jojoba. 5 weeks later, my face is as good as clear! This regimen is incredible and works really quickly. I really like the way how it flows over the skin like soft butter so you can apply a generous amount everywhere on you're face. The BP 5% i got here i pretty thick and doesn't go as smooth on your face as the acne.org BP. The moisturizer will get rid of the flakiness but i'd darkened my skin like a had a tan. I'd looked really weird so i got myself a better moisturizer and together with the jojoba oil its perfect. Thanks acne.org!

Pros

• It really works and very quickly too
  • Very easy to apply

Cons

• Expensive if you don't live in the US
  • Moisturizer tans your face
  • Time consuming
  • for about a month
  • $ 160
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Very Happy!”
By on

This stuff is better than any prescription or store-bought BP I have used. I don't know why I did not buy this BP in the first place. It glides on like water, it's not grainy, and it soaks in fast.

Pros

• Goes on thin, smooth
  • not grainy

Cons

• may be slightly irritating withough proper moisturizer
  • for a day or two
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.