Page 3 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1272 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

New ones beside old pimples
Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I'm on 3rd week of using the regimen but I feel like my skin is still not used to BP. For the first two weeks I used BP once day & less than a pea size because it was too harsh for my skin. If I add more, my face hurts and will be red as tomatoes so I use it a lot slower than most people. My concern is I noticed that I get new pimples close to the old ones that were healed by BP. It's strange! I feel like the old ones are just hiding under, move a bit, and pop out again! Did any of you had this experience?

Reviewed on April 24, 2015

I have been on The Regimen for a few years now. While it keeps acne under control, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide causes an overwhelming amount of dryness and irritation (even when following The Regimen as closely as possible). I have actually lost sleep because my face was so itchy at night.

Thanks, but no thanks. I'm looking for a natural alternative. Harsh chemicals do not agree with my skin.

by bimmmmz on 04/24/2015 19:19
then how did you tolerate for a few years? i am curious!
by ShaneO on 04/24/2015 20:00
It worked much better at first; I only experienced mild irritation during the first couple of weeks. It has been horrible the past year. It seems like the closer I follow The Regimen, the more irritating it is. I recently tried cutting back on BP, but I started breaking out. I'm seeing a naturopath now.
acne.org regiment
Reviewed on April 23, 2015

tried this product and followed directions to the T and saw absolutely no improvement. The 1st 3weeks my skin was worse but expected as there is a purging stage but after 3months of using the regiment and no improvement from before i ever started using the product I decided to cut my losses and accept the factthat i wasnt going to be one of the lucky ones where this product changed their life. Great news is they have an excellent return policy

Good product, but beware of bleaching
Reviewed on April 15, 2015

I have used this product on and off for about five or six years. The product is one of the best on the market. While it doesn't make my skin 100% clear, it clears about 80-90%. I also notice a huge difference even if I forget to apply it for a day or two. The one HUGE issue I have with this product is the bleaching affect. What you will likely find after you use this is that your shirt collars and towels (if not white) start to bleach. I have had to throw out so many clothing items, including $150 dress shirts because of this. I also will only buy and use white sheets and white towels. If I visit a friend or family member over night, I bring my own towels so I don't bleach theirs. Is it still worth it in my opinion? Absolutely.

Best Benzoyl Peroxide You Can Buy!
Reviewed on April 13, 2015

love it. affordable (even though im in canada and have to pay 35$ in shipping AND US conversation rates & penalties and etc. Big bottle is available. Doesn't dry up quickly when applying like all the other BP i have tried, so it gives me enough time to cover my entire face evenly.

***note*** for new people using this.... ANY BP PRODUCT YOU BUY WILL DRY OUT YOUR FACE..... THAT IS PART OF WHAT IT DOES BUT this 2.5% solution(lowest you can go) is less drying then anything higher and just as affective.

swelling face
Reviewed on April 2, 2015

Hi I am on my second week of this regimen, I read that is normal to have flaky, itchy , stingy, and redness but I am getting scared and wants to give up now because when I woke up this morning it looks like my eyes is really puffy and I am always avoiding around my eye area when I apply bp, even my whole face is really dark I donk know if you call that redness but my face is really itchy and I notice a little swollen I am not sure if that is still normal. Please respond to this anybody out there who experienced this. Now I am thinking of stopping the regimen. I am doing it 2x a day and it is not much but it is very uncomfortable feeling I am experiencing right now...... PLEASE ADVISE.....by the way my acne is better I can say it really helped a lot i am only on my 10th day but the acne is almost gone I have only about 2 right now and it looks like it'shealing but my main concern is the puffiness and redness . is it ok to stop the bp and just use moisturizer and jojoba? I am giving 3 star for now because it is too early yet but when it comes to curing the acne I am for sure it works...

by Justinian I on 04/12/2015 13:35
From what you are describing, it sounds like you are having an allergic reaction. I haven't experienced any puffyness myself from this product but when I do get it at other times it's an allergic reaction. Unfortunately it sounds like BP (or at least this product) may not be for you.
by tas0926 on 04/20/2015 19:07
I had this problem where my face got all puffy (my eyes were swollen shut and my lips swelled!) and it was due to the acne.org moisturizer, not the benzoyl peroxide.
by Yukinoshita on 04/24/2015 15:06
I experienced the same thing. What I did was to stop the BP for a day or two (until the puffiness and redness subsided) then used it back again but I reduced application to once a day and less than a pea size. I gradually increased it after a week. NEVER remove BP completely on your regimen, its the treatment & the most important. Our skin is just adjusting to it so we experience these kinda things. I'm on 3rd week and still breaking out so youre lucky to see results in 10 days. Good luck!
This is a miracle worker! YES IT WORKS
Reviewed on March 31, 2015

This really helped cleared my breakouts. I don't feel right going a day without using this. I went from getting a new pimple/cyst everyday to MAYBE one every week. I'm still on my first 8 oz tube and it's almost been 2 months. Follow the Regime and it will really work! :D

it really works! follow the regimen
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

Has cleared up my face completely. It took a solid four weeks for my skin to adjust to the gel twice a day. Now I'm looking forward to adding the AHA.

Break me out!!! Help me!!!
Reviewed on March 29, 2015

Hey, I'm an exchange student in America, my skin got really bad since I got here. I've been using this product for full two weeks, I got more acnes and my skin got really dry! What should I do? Should I keep using it? I'm gonna go try the jojoba oil with my moisturizer. Can anyone give me some suggestions for other product(like masks)for my acne, sensitive, and oliy skin? Thank you!

This product is a blessing to me.
Reviewed on March 26, 2015

I have suffered from acne since I was 13 years old. As a female, I experienced all of the associated challenges - having to wear makeup when the occasion did not call for it, or not wanting to stay over nights with family or friends. It deeply affected me, and sapped my energy. I am a strongly motivated person, but there were some times I did not even want to try because of the acne. I have also been through numerous regimens, both internal and external, always seeking an answer, acne always being near the top of my mind.

I am on this site fairly often, and in November 2014, I decided to try the acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment (I have substituted the rest of the kit with similar non-comedogenic products). It works so well and has transformed my life. This is now five months that I have been on this regimen, and I am no longer getting any spots (maybe just one tiny one a month that dissolves instantly), my hyper-pigmentation is gone, and most days, I am only wearing a touch of foundation underneath my eyes leaving the rest of my facial skin bare (some days I go without that either!). I use this twice a day.

What I will say, however, is that in the beginning, I (personally - may not be true for everyone) believe it's OK to use a gentle scrub (with grains) to get off some of the dead skin that develops when you are new to the regimen. I still use a scrub, just to be sure. I feel like the dead skin can be a hindrance to progress. But do not overdo the scrubbing, be gentle. I want to end by saying that I am and continue to be thankful to God for this amazing benzoyl peroxide treatment and its accompanying regimen!