Page 3 of Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment reviews

4.4/5 - 1187 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

The regimen is all products that you can get at Wal-Mart for half the price
Reviewed on June 14, 2014

Not sure how this is a thing. I mean...I tried it for 3 months. My skin has never been so dull looking and the acne still was a problem. Also, you can buy a soft Cleaner like Cetaphil (or others), get Benzol Peroxide and a non comedogenic moisturizer at Wal-Mart for half the price of this. I'm sure you can get some AHA somewhere for much cheaper as well too. I didn't look too much for that one.

Just like with any product, you may get lucky and have it clear your acne. The price to pay for most of those who use BP every day is dull, lifeless, dry skin. Even with a ton of moisturizer and adding the Jojoba oil and trying the AHA.

I gave it 2 stars because I know that getting most of these products at Wal-Mart can definitely clear the skin of some people. If you don't mind likely having dull, lifeless looking skin. Some of you won't mind...getting it clear is the only priority and I can get that.

Takes a While, but Works!
Reviewed on June 13, 2014

I started using this about five months ago. It is just now consistently working. My skin is completely clear now, which is something I haven't been able to say for years - hallelujah! I had moderate acne, and always had at the very least a few pimples. I've tried everything from dieting, to over the counter products, to prescriptions, to birth control, to natural products, all to no avail.

This has been a God-send, but I sure hope it keeps working! It's worth noting that my skin never got worse, it slowly but surely continued to get better. I did experience some dry skin/redness/flaking, but that was nothing compared to the horror of acne. By the way, I'm African American, Native American, and Irish; with combination, sensitive skin; and am 29 years old.

Bottom line: Give it a go and stick with it!

:D excellent
Reviewed on June 11, 2014

no veo post en espa~ol asi que el mio va :D

soy de Puerto Rico y escuche de tratamiento por you tube , he tenido acne desde q comence la puertad pero me mejora con productos y vuelve al tiempo a lo mismo y mas en tiempos de calor aqui en la isla , llevo un mes en el tratamiento y me a ido de maravilla ,tengo uno que otro granito pero no es como anterior que tenia mi frente llena de espinillas , lo recomiendo :D eso si mi piel es grasosa y he tenido que bajar en el humectante

Simply the best!
Reviewed on June 8, 2014

Goes on smoothly. This is the best 2.5% BP on the market.

by cameo19 on 06/30/2014 04:05
What's bp mean?
Not effective anymore
Reviewed on June 5, 2014

I started using the regimen about a year and a half ago, for the first whole year my acne cleared up almost completely and my skin was really clear. However after that first year I got all my acne back even though i still use the regimen on a daily basis. does the treatment become ineffective after a while? Can anyone give me any suggestions please.

by acne killerr on 06/07/2014 15:58
Have you tried increasing your daily dosage? Also, you might have heard this everywhere but water also plays a big part. Drink plenty of water :)
by elisiamarie on 06/08/2014 01:35
i think benzoyl peroxide stops working after a while. just buy a new tube.
Please help me
Reviewed on May 28, 2014

Please if there is anyone who can advise me i have been on the regimen for 7 weeks now and my face is worse than ever before i used to have some pimples here and there but now i have like 10 in my cheek and 5 in the other please if there is anyone who can help me i put 3 start because i still believe that is going to work . But i don't know please tell me what you guys think thank you

by Eema on 05/31/2014 15:36
Hello Cookie. Im afraid you did not follow the regimen EXACTLY on how it is supposed to be applied on your skin. You would have started with too much of Treatment which literally burns your skin. You need to start with a very small amount of benzoyl peroxide and gradually increase the amount. This regimen WILL WORK if you follow the instructions precisely. Hope this helps! :) -Eema-
Not good for sensitive skin.
Reviewed on May 27, 2014

Whenever I put this on my skin immediately starts to burn so bad that I have to wash it off. My skin isn't even that sensitive, but this stuff buuuuurns. And the fumes from it wafting up from my skin into my eyes makes my eyes burn.

But it IS a great value for people who can tolerate BP. The texture of it is nice too, instead of a thick white paste you get a nice light gel.

The best stuff ever!
Reviewed on May 24, 2014

I came across this website a long time ago during a desperate hunt online for an acne solution. I've had acne since I was 12 years old though it isn't cystic acne I do get a lot of pimples and its mostly because of stress or little sleep. I looked into this website and realized there was a regimen which I had never heard of! I was so surprised I had never seen or heard of this website before so I though maybe the regimen was no big deal, something that didn't work so well. I WAS TOTALLY WRONG! I didn't buy the product right away, I thought it through for about two months but then I realized you can order a free trial and BOYYYYYYYYY DID IT PROVE ME WRONG. The trial lasted about 5 days and it worked so well that I came back and bought the whole set, It truly is amazing! I regret waiting so long to buy it! I have had acne for such a long time and I have gone through so many different products and antibiotics and treatments and I PROMISE, nothing has worked SO WELL before like this Regimen. It is honestly the best stuff ever! It is a little over drying at first, I have been using it for two months and my skin still gets a bit irritated or over dried in some areas of my face but I know its all part of the process. Only thing that sucks is if you try to wear make up over dried skin it makes the over dried section of your face look a bit worse. I'm still debating whether to buy a new foundation that is a little oily for now since my skin now has a more combination to dry completion. But over all, I really do recommend this!

Excellent
Reviewed on May 23, 2014

Been on the Regimen for eight years. It's the only think short of Accutane that's worked for me. The BP on this site is effective and affordable. It's literally given me an actual chance at having a normal life.

ACNE ZAPPERRR!
Reviewed on May 21, 2014

Ive been using BP for exactly 2 weeks now along side with the cleaner and moisturiser (I add a bit of Black Seed oil to help with the dry skin- really helps)

So far so good.. I've been having minor breakouts during the treatments however this doesn't put me off as this is expected anyway. I've had acne since I was 11 and now I'm 20. Its been a tough couple years esp when you wish you had clear skin like the rest of your mates but oh well... no time to feel sorry for yourself. My acne is mild and is mainly around my chin. I tend to break out near my period which is normal for most girls but when the spot disappears it leaves a dark mark so that makes the effect area look worse if that makes sense? Anyway most the acne near my chin and jawline has calmed down dramatically however I know its only been 2 weeks on this regime so I'm still hoping for better results.

The BP drys the crap out your skin but there are ways of treating it so don't panic! At the start of my treatment my skin would get so dry and stiff that I couldn't even smile lol and when I would my skin would begin to look flaky :/ but I didn't care tbh as I kept motivating myself. Best thing to do is keep away from the mirror and be optimistic :) WE CAN ALL BEAT THIS CRAP OFF OUR FACE TOGETHER!!!

Ill be posting pics of my acne journey soon so you can see how well this treament works :)

Oh and whilst I'm at it can I just say that I was looking at a few acne piks that people have been uploading on this site and when I read their comments saying stuff like "my acne is so baddd blah blah"... can I just say, You should try to be grateful and count yourself as lucky that its not bad as some people out there. You might have a few pimples on your face but that is nothing compared to other people so just relax and be positive :)