Page 2 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1239 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Ouch :(
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

I am just finishing week one, so I will update this review in another week. I am using a tiny amount, less than a pea size, and it itches sooo bad! It makes my skin red and swollen, too. I started mixing it with the moisturizer when I apply, which helps, but I do not know how I will ever be able to apply more than a pea size amount. My skin is really, really sensitive (and possibly allergic to BP). I am slathering jojoba oil all over my face, which really helps my dry skin and decreases the irritation a little. I will increase the stars in a week if I start to get over this horrible reaction. I cannot ever give this five stars though, because this just does not seem right to me. BP does not cure the underlying causes of acne; it only treats the symptoms. This is an irritating chemical, and I cannot imagine using it indefinitely.

by WindGolfSurf on 01/15/2015 20:28
Also, DO NOT use this product or any new chemical for the first time at night before you go to bed. When you first use a new product, you need to be awake for at least an hour after you put it on, so you can monitor how your skin is handling it. I made this mistake the first time I tried BP. I put on a tiny amount with moisturizer like I am supposed to, and I went to sleep five minutes later. In the middle of the night, I woke up with a red swollen face and neck, and I could not open my eyes. It would not have gotten that bad if I had noticed the problem earlier and washed it off. USE CAUTION and do not make this mistake!!
Love This BP
Reviewed on January 13, 2015

I used to be a slave to Neutrogena On The Spot treatment because it was the only 2.5% BP available over the counter. It got pretty expensive, and I first tried Dan's BP several years ago in an attempt to buy a larger quantity of BP for cheaper. Back then, he had a different formula, and my skin didn't tolerate it very well so I went back to using On The Spot. Then, a couple of years ago, I decided to give Dan's BP another shot. It is amazing stuff. The formula is different, and my skin has been remarkably better since switching- so much so that I don't even have to use it every day anymore to get the full benefit. It's great for body application, too. I highly recommend this BP to anyone who isn't allergic or sensitive to BP because it is way more economical than the alternative. Also, as much as it sucks, try to remember that we are all biochemically unique, so what works for one person isn't guaranteed to work for another. With that said, I wish everyone the best of luck.

Reviewed on January 10, 2015

works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!works!!!!!

This Sh!t works like Magic
Reviewed on January 10, 2015

I first tried it 2 years ago and my face cleared up nicely. I started getting lazy and stopped using it and got acne back. Ive been on it again for a month now and will never use anything else. I only use this product at night .As my cleanser I use simple truth and cetaphyl as my moisturizer. I seriously love my regimen and love having smooth skin again. I do have a lot of scaring that hopefully the AHA will help fade once I start using that again also. I'm just happy I don't feel like I have to cover myself worth so much makeup anymore. Thanks Dan! You Da Man! :-D

Works better than MAGIC
Reviewed on January 7, 2015

I had mild acne and after just a week of using this nightly, I'm clear. It's invaluable! I did have flaking skin which was quite bad from Day 5 ish but I got rid of them with the AHA+. I know it's only recommended after a month of using the BP but I couldn't stand the flakes so I experimented. But it didn't sting as much as I've expected! After 3 days of using it at night, my flakes are gone together with my acne :) Thank you Dan!

So Far ... So Good !
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

PLEASE READ! --- I wont go into depths about my life with acne, I am simply here to give my opinion about the regimen. I am on week 2 of the regimen... although it is still early into my journey with the acne.org regimen... so far I don't see a HUGE change in my acne, but I do see results. I have really bad cystic acne and scaring, especially on my cheeks and forehead. I am happy to say this and hopefully I wont be jinxing it, but my cheeks are so much smoother and the red scaring is slowly but surely fading... Each and every review on here have one thing in common... this regimen WILL make your face flakey and dry. My face is super oily and even that doesn't over power the dry and flakiness. One thing that I dislike is how you have to "BARELY" touch your skin while doing the regimen. JUST BE GENTLE -- GENTLE GENTLE GENTLE IS KEY !! Just like everything you are trying for the first time, this regimen will take some time to get use to. You MUST have patience but I promise you, you will see results. I am no success story but I am hoping after a month or two or so on this regimen I will come back and be that success story. I am so beyond excited to see what this regimen will do to my face in the next couple of weeks! And i will surely be back to give you all an update! :)

CHEERS!

life changing
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

After coming off the pill - Yasmin my skin broke out, I would wake daily worried about looking in the mirror to find new blemishes, I would also go to sleep with a red face and feel so ugly, turning the light off as soon as possible so my boyfriend didn't see me. I would wake up extra early to try and cover my face in thick make up. Now my skin is nearly blemish free, thanks to acne org, I tried so many other products but this really is my "go to" I apply the benzoyl peroxide every night as I have sensitive skin and it works great, my skin does get dry and flaky so I do so use the aha twice a week. I highly recommend these products!

confusing
Reviewed on December 22, 2014

I don't want to review this product now bc I only use it for 2 days. But the only thing that makes me confuse is why this product makes my skin oily? It doesn't look like many people here who get dry, flaky skin but it is so much looking like I put oil on my face. Did anyone get the same problem as me?? I need your advice all, is it normal or not?? Your response means a lot to me

Thanks

UPDATE:

I was wrong, it takes time to adjust to my skin. It absorbed well in day 3. And even Im just using it for 5 days, I can see the improvement.. now my skin has cleared up!!! Even though there is still many scars and hyperpigmentations, but its okay than bumps. Its God sent product.

by stacey47 on 12/24/2014 15:32
I think you might be using to much. But go to acne.org and make sure you're using it correctly. You can even call them and ask your question. I gave not used it myself because the wash cleared up my face.
finally I found the best combination!
Reviewed on December 19, 2014

I have tried EVERYTHING!!!!! I have spent thousands, I have put myself through so much pain with different procedures and shed so many tears. I eat better than anyone I know so I have never understood why I had acne. I didnt want to socialise and sometimes didnt go to work because I was so embarrassed! I have finally found what works for me! Firstly this product applied as a spot treatment and do not pick! It causes more to come up. I also drank a tea called Tea With Me I followed the steps advised and I finally have clear skin! I am so happy and grateful. Its an Australian brand [link removed].au

I finally feel beautiful again :)

ONLY thing that works
Reviewed on December 19, 2014

I wear makeup every single day. I'm talking full-face makeup every weekday morning and even on weekends. This is the only thing that has helped me control my acne and maintain new ones from forming. I was on a strict regimen every morning and night. Everyone always asks me how I am able to keep my skin so clear with all the makeup products I use. Makes me feel so good and confident that I finally have a good system down where even though I put chemicals on my face I am still able to clean it off with Acne.Org regimen. I've noticed a huge difference after I finished the regimen, I broke out especially on my forehead. I was also under a lot of stress, (losing a baby and losing my home)... it just kept getting worse. I used PanOxyl as a substitute until I had enough to purchase the regimen again. Today is the day I do that because my acne is going CRAZY on me! I haven't worn foundation for a few months how insane is that! I need this regimen back in my life... so today is the day I get my acne back in control. And no worries about my stress levels, I'm controlling that as well :)