Page 2 of Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Treatment reviews

4.4/5 - 1186 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

It may work for you
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

This did clear my acne but did not prevent or treat blackheads effectively. I started to develop blackheads on my cheeks which I had not experienced for some time. It darkened my complexion ( I am an Asian Pakistani) and made my skin very dry. I do not know if it was the BP, the moisturiser or the AHA but something bleached my bedsheets and tops. Personally, I prefer Epiduo which contains 2.5% BP and 0.1% Adapalene. In comparison to the acne.org BP you only need to apply a pea-sized amount once a day or night. Epiduo has been effective at preventing my acne, blackheads and my hyperpigmentation. Epiduo lasts much longer and has not made my skin too dry either.

AMAZING
Reviewed on July 9, 2014

So i purchased May 20 and received it May 25! didnt expect it to come so quickly but glad it did! I was just about to go on vacation and was so worried about my face with no make up.

literally 5 days of usage before my vacay and my face was clear!

I hear a lot of horror stories about it drying your face out so i made sure i ONLY used it at night and used the tiniest amount ever. So far my face is clear and not dry or flaky.

i used this with the moisturizer which isnt my fav though but together they work!

Stronger formulations do not equal better. Take the 2.5% plunge!
Reviewed on July 4, 2014

Okay, this is going against all the math you've ever learned, but in this case 2.5% > 5.0% - 10.0%. That's right, less is more! Out of all the regimen products, I am least consistent with applying my BP. That said, the BP really supports the healthy skin established with the regimen's cleanser and moisturizer. I remember being very committed to using the BP when I started the regimen 3-4 years ago. Now I use it most during periods I know I'll need the boost ... like just before periods. Invest in white pillow cases and ragged sleepy-time shirts. Wal-Mart (and I'm sure other retailers) even sell bath towels that are resistant to BP bleaching. If you have to use it more than once before sleep, just be very careful about your clothes as even sweat mixed with BP can lead to bleached-out collars.

Did not work for me
Reviewed on July 2, 2014

I used this product for months but did not make any difference in my skin and in some ways made my acne worse! I know it is loads of good reviews on this and I do believe it work for some types of skin but i don't think is for everyone, for the price (which was quite expensive because I live in the UK) I would not recommend it to anyone.

BETTER THAN ANYTHING AT CVS/WALGREENS
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I love this! I wake up every morning to a smooth and soft face after applying this at night! It was drying at the beginning, like expected, but now I use this day and night! It doesn't dry out my skin anymore! I am on my third month of the regimen, and my skin keeps getting better!

AMAZING. I AM SPEECHLESS. BUY THIS. WORTH EVERY PENNY.
Reviewed on June 27, 2014

I cannot even begin to explain how much this product has changed my life. Within one month my severe acne completely disappeared from my face. I had been using Neutrogena's On the Spot treatment for ten weeks prior to receiving this in the mail with ZERO results. I FINALLY decided to cave and order Acne.org's solution. Not only did this cost 300x less than Neutrogena's 0.75 oz little tube, but it actually worked 300x better. I still cry happy tears looking in the mirror because buying this product was the best decision of my life.

BP and with the regimen together = awesome!!!
Reviewed on June 25, 2014

okay im going to be honest, this guy is pretty flipping awesome. I had serious bad acne in 10th grade like everywhere! and it was disgusting, so i found this site and bought this product, it took some time to be honest, over 8 weeks but man my acne was pretty much all gone! Ive been using this stuff for over 2 years, and it makes my face clean :D i highly recommend this guys!

the best benzoyl peroxide
Reviewed on June 21, 2014

hello

i've tried many benzoyl peroxide treatments but all what i found this is the best , why? it's because it doesn't turn white when applied and it doesn't dry the skin it moisturizes a bit thought it doesn't mean that you don't need a moisturizer.

simply the best benzoyl peroxide gel ever

Best BP!
Reviewed on June 16, 2014

I am thankful to Dan for providing the free trial kits, because I wouldn't have discovered this otherwise. Up until I started using the Regimen, I've being using a thin layer or 10% BP with no moisturizer afterwards. After reviewing the regimen and using the acne.org trial kit, I noticed a huge difference right away. Clearer skin + less irritation. This abosrbs easily, wears well under makeup, doesn't irritate, and most importantly of all....it works! It's PMS week for me and I'm not breaking out! This is a mircacle because right about now I'd usually have many HUGE cysts on each cheek. The price is right, especially for the HUGE amount you get. The whole kit is a big bargain! Make sure you follow the steps and work your way up to 2 or 3 pumps. This product is the bread and butter of the regimen. Sigh. I'm still kicking myself for doing things the wrong way for the last 20+ years before the Regimen. I'm clearing up fast and should be completely clear by the end of the 4 month mark. I have the on auto-delivery and will continue to use these products because I believe that this is a good company. They truly care about helping acne sufferers. Once again, I'm so thankful for the trial kit that introduced me to this line. I'll keep you guys updated!

The regimen is all products that you can get at Wal-Mart for half the price
Reviewed on June 14, 2014

Not sure how this is a thing. I mean...I tried it for 3 months. My skin has never been so dull looking and the acne still was a problem. Also, you can buy a soft Cleaner like Cetaphil (or others), get Benzol Peroxide and a non comedogenic moisturizer at Wal-Mart for half the price of this. I'm sure you can get some AHA somewhere for much cheaper as well too. I didn't look too much for that one.

Just like with any product, you may get lucky and have it clear your acne. The price to pay for most of those who use BP every day is dull, lifeless, dry skin. Even with a ton of moisturizer and adding the Jojoba oil and trying the AHA.

I gave it 2 stars because I know that getting most of these products at Wal-Mart can definitely clear the skin of some people. If you don't mind likely having dull, lifeless looking skin. Some of you won't mind...getting it clear is the only priority and I can get that.