Page 2 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1445 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

Helps with acne but dries your skin out like crazy
Reviewed on June 13, 2017

I have been using this for about a month and a half, once a day (after the acne.org cleanser). I started with small amount and gradually increased the dose. I tried using it twice a day after 2 week but my skin got very irritated and red so now i just use it once a day (at night) It works great with drying out acne but there is a lot of flaky skin around the perimeter of my face. I use the acne.org moisturizer but it doesn't seem to get rid of the flakiness caused by BP. But over all this is a great product if you use enough moisturizer.

by leahh0805 on 06/14/2017 20:09
have u tried it on the front neck area? wondering if it will irritate it
by alina. on 06/17/2017 00:29
no I have not tried it on the neck area, but from what I know i think that it will just get a little dry. (as long as you use the moisturizer it should be good.)
Aggressive flaking, and redness...Is it working or not?
Reviewed on June 11, 2017

I started using this regimen about 2 weeks ago, and already my face looks horrible than what it did before I started. My acne hasn't worsened but my face is super dry, flaking, and 2 shades darker than before (around the eyes, nose, and mouth area). I'm trying not to give up on this regimen quite yet because I've been battling with acne, and mild hyper-pigmentation for years now, and after 101 products I've used I thought this would be the answer to my problem! How can I fix this before I completely stop using it?

by Pamela29 on 06/14/2017 14:12
for the first 4 weeks,your scne should be worsened becaused the benzoel take the acne out ,because it benzoel has oxygen so keep on using .u will see the results in 3 months time.dont lose hope acne regimen works
by leahh0805 on 06/14/2017 20:10
have u tried it in the front neck area? was curious if it would irritate it
by Sbaack272 on 06/15/2017 06:02
Keep using it, just avoid those tender areas. I say if you don't get acne there, don't put it there. I focus on my T-zone and stay away from under my eyes and close to my mouth. Hope it works for you! My skin was dry, irritated and itchy for the first two weeks but now I have no issues. My skin looks awesome.
by BijouNut on 06/16/2017 07:52
Update: Acne is still somewhat the same. Added another moisturizer to my regimen (Cetaphil Facial Moisturizer with SPF15) but I mixed both that, and the acne.org moisturizer and finally I can notice the dry skin coming off. My face is now adjusting, and now hoping for more results soon..
by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 16:47
have u tried it on front neck area? was curious if it would irritate
by SaltyBiscuit on 06/23/2017 05:13
@leahh0805 Yes, I tried it on my neck for 2 months now, because i used to had acne there. Its reallllly itchy but clearing up so fast! so i just bare with the itchy and the willing to scratch. lol.
favorite treatment
Reviewed on June 8, 2017

I've used the acne regimen kit awhile back before, but stopped once I ran out of cleanser. I didn't have too many breakouts, mostly hormonal & a lot of hyperpigmentation & made my skin look worse than what it really was. I love skincare & love taking care of my skin but for some reason my skin was not loving me back. I would have so much texture and whiteheads, stubborn pimples. I've tried soo many things with no results & it just did not want to work. I still had benzoyl peroxide left, so I decided to use it again. I've been using it for about a week and my face is significantly more smooth! When I wash my face, I don't feel anymore texture & it makes me so happy! I had some breakouts on my cheek and they were gone in about 3 days & I have no active breakouts. This benzoyl peroxide is truly amazing :) I ordered the kit again, this time with AHA, so I'll see how that goes!

by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 16:39
have u tried it on the front neck area? was curious if it would irritate it
by SturdySupper on 06/21/2017 18:30
@leahh0805 yes, kind of. I applied it to my lower jaw/under the chin area and the top part of my neck was itchy, irritated and red and it stayed like that for a day or 2. Now I just avoid going too far down. Hope this helped!
by cynnddi on 07/12/2017 22:23
after stopping and using the regimen again, has your skin clear up again?
by SturdySupper on 07/14/2017 20:23
@cynndi yes! I kind of took a break from it because it was making my skin too dry for my liking. I traveled out of the US and didn't want to bring it and deal with my skin being dry for my vacation. Due to traveling and being on the plane for so long, I did break out and started getting texture again. Now that I'm back, I used BP for a couple nights to clear my skin and it did. I only get a breakout every now and then. I mix the AHA into my moisturizer every night for my scars and my texture has smoothened out drastically. Hope this helped!
I couldn't Thank Enough :)
Reviewed on June 6, 2017

Suddenly suffered from hormonal cystic acne that terribly painful and prone since last September 2016.

I did use proactiv solutions but I dont know why it doesn't seem to work on my skin anymore (especially their + products.

So one day I browsed youtube and end up with acneorg's reviews.

It took me a month before I decided to buy it because I am kind of sceptical since it also contains 2.5% BP just like proactiv.

But finally I tell myself, what I got to loose, my skin is already on it's terrible condition anyway.

(moreover, it's cheaper that proactive!)

So here I am, entering the 5th week using the regimen.

The only thing I could say is, my skin gets better and better.

Yes, now I got super dry and flakey skin (I am normally oily skin),

but the texture of my face, amazing. BP literally controls my skin, especially acne.

Well, still got new acnes, but really small and not RED just like I had one before.

Thanks for once again putting my self confidence back.

Look forward for the better improvement ahead :)

by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 16:39
have u tried it on the front neck area? was curious if it would irritate it
by SaltyBiscuit on 06/23/2017 05:16
Hi @leahh0805 I did try it on my neck. Been using it for 2 months now becuase i have quite amount of acne on my neck as well. Its pretty mmuch itchy and flaking. But i dont get breakouts anymore there. So i am asuming the itchy and flakiness will fade away after few more months of using. Good luck with you:)
by MindfulTiler on 07/17/2017 18:03
Hey, how is it going now? Is your face very dry?
Muy buen producto.
Reviewed on June 4, 2017

Si ha funcionado para mi piel. Ya no tengo granitos, y muchas marcas rojas ahn desaparecido. Todavía tengo hiperpigmentación, no mucha, pero realmente ha cambiado mi piel. Al principio fue muy duro, picaba mucho y estaba roja, pero ahora, luego de tres meses de usos, mi piel esta suave y ya no esta seca.

Solo recomiendo que se use despacio. Yo tuve una pequeña irritación en un granito y ahora tengo una marca roja grande, está desapareciendo, pero mi piel era sensible y yo fui muy rápido. Tal vez solo eso, para personas con problemas de hiperpigmentación las marcas rojas no son fáciles de ir aún usando el régimen.

Creo que incluso hay una sensibilidad mayor. Claro las marcas luego desaparecen, y hay unas que no son graves. También me di cuenta que la mente tiene mucho que ver en el acné.

En general es un excelente producto para el acné, y su página muestra de forma sincera los tratamientos e información sobre el acné.

Me ayudo mucho y estoy muy contenta. Ahora probaré AHA para las marcas rojas.. y veremos. Recomendado!

It works but,,my eyes..
Reviewed on June 3, 2017

I have been using this for about a month, twice a day. I started with small amount and gradually increased. It works great but I can't put anything around my eyes. it dries my face out like crazy, but I don't know what to put around my eye area. It stunk my eyes so bad since the beginning and it got a lot better but it still stinks my eyes. I am very careful when I apply this and tried several ways to apply moisturizer for my eyes, still not 100% satisfied. I would like to know if someone has same problem like me, and what eye cream and how do you apply eye cream so it doesn't stink my eyes. Thank you

by SaltyBiscuit on 06/06/2017 08:20
Actually I do too! Even now, entering my second month with BP, it still does. But I know it's working so I just bare with it utnil you really get used to it. To reduce it's dryness, i put a bit of vaseline petroleum jelly after the BP & moisturizer dries.
by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 16:47
have u tried on front neck area?
DO NEVER USE THIS ON YOUR SKIN! YOU WILL REGRET IT
Reviewed on May 28, 2017

Do never order this thing! I thought I had acne before I started to use this (I did not have a lot of acne just some pimple here and there) But I wanted to get rid of them so I orded the whole acne.org treatment.

Well after a month my skin was ruined because of this, but I said to myself that It would work so I continuied the treatment. After 4 month my skin was so bad and I had cystic acne. I started to stop using this sh*t and instead I put aloe vera on my skin to heal it. Now I have used aloe vera on my skin for 1 month and I don't get cystic acne or any acne at all anymore, my scars are still there and I have a lot of hyperpigmentation, but the aloe vera heals everything!

So my tip is to NOT use benzoyl Peroxide, instead use natural ingredients for example aloe vera!

THIS THING RUINED MY SKIN.....

Shipping takes forever
Reviewed on April 25, 2017

Im just commenting on the shipping time I havent tried the product yet. I ordered on 4/17 and didnt receive until 04/25. To come from California to Illinois the shipping could be better. I will be testing the regimen for 2 months. Will come back and update.

5/10/17

Ive been using the treatment now for about 20 days. So far I have seen a reduction in whiteheads, not much for clogged pores but I still have hope. I use the treatment day and night and always be sure to use spf in the morning. Im still on the hunt for a good mineral spf that doesnt leave a white cast since I am darker skinned. I do break out close to my under eyes however I try hard to not it close to my eye area because it can leave the skin raw, red and burning (been there done that). I will be adding the aha+ as a nightly moisturizer once I hit 30 days on the regimen to hopefully help with my hyper pigmentation issue.I do experience some dryness no flaking skin. Im hoping this regimen clears my skin and keeps it clear, I spend so much money on product. I will update again at 2 and a half months.

5/22/17

I'm not longer using this product since being prescribed Benzoyl peroxide and clyndimicyn gel from my derm. The combination of the two works alot better for me vs just BP alone. Since using ive seen a reduction in clogged pores and white heads. I've also seen my skin is alot less oily. My skin While on the acne.org BP I never had an issue with prolonged excessive dry skin. My skin dried out for about a week before it went back to normal. If you can get a prescription from a derm for treatment this does work just slowly. I also only have to use my BP/CLYND gel once a day so way more convenient and since I have insurance its alot cheaper than acne.org as well.

Life changing!
Reviewed on May 17, 2017

Hi I would just like to write a review for the whole Acne.org Regimen, it is absolutely amazing. I have suffered from bad acne since I was 13 (I am now 21) and as soon as I started using this I could see a difference. I have been using the kit religiously twice a day for about 3 months now and haven't had a single breakout for about 2 months, my skin is completely clear. I cannot say enough good things about this product, it is the only thing I have ever tried that has actually cleared my skin, I have even been on strong drugs for my acne which did not work and only caused me more distress, which I am no longer on any medication for my skin, all I use is this simple routine. I personally have had no real issues with dry skin using this, after about 1 month of using my skin became accustomed and is now not dry at all, however a tip if you are getting dry skin is to put the moisturiser on first and then a little bit of the benzoyl peroxide on areas you need which is what I do, I don't use as much of the gel as they tell you too as i find it just causes dryness and a little bit for me works wonders! Definitley give this a go its amazing!!!!

A1 product: very detailed review
Reviewed on May 17, 2017

First let me say that I love the honesty and the straight to the point no bs factor about this product . I have the travel kit and let me tell you it's been barely 2 weeks the bottles are still full and my skin is 90% clear of acne if not more. A big part of that is because of this benzoyl peroxide ESPECIALLY because I've been using it as directed when it comes to delicately placing it on my face . And I follow that to a T . As with the cleanser and moisturizer 10 seconds . Watch the video on how to use these products and follow it. It works . I started off with skin that wasn't crazy cystic acne or anything like that but I couldn't get rid of my acne completely ever. This is looking promising. AND you know those annoying little bumps that aren't acne but are under your bottom lip area and above where your chin is ? They are clearing up as well. Honestly u can substitute the cleanser and moisturizer and buy plain emphasis on plain n gentle ones from wherever and just follow the same steps but the benzoyl peroxide is a must have (and I know u can get it over the counter but I like the acne.org one) it's a gel like formula that absorbs completely, no white chalky goo cream that u can't wear under makeup n gets greasy as you rub it on. When I put this on it kind of instantly calms any irritation or little bumps I might have now . By the time it dries down I can definately feel my skin being smoother nothing mind blowing but I see it and feel it. One thing that I didn't exactly follow is how much I used. The first week I used the reccomended amount to start off with and at night I used a tad more the second week I used a whole index fingers length at night and in the morning I used a little less. I'm still in the second week right now and I'm now using a whole fingers length day and night. And the reason I did that is because in the day I did it want to dry my skin out too much and risk being crusty and ashy even after applying moisturizer I was scared to go in all the way do I held back a bit. Now, my skins used to it and it does get dry like around my nose here and there and mouth if I don't take care of myself for the day.

by Acnefreethatsme on 05/17/2017 07:38
Im back I just wanted to say also I'm a woman of color Black ,Latina and I noticed back when my acne was the worst it's been (puberty) that the neutrogena clean n clear etc etc drugstore fails that would buy often had benzoyl peroxide in them and were targeted towards Caucasians with blackheads crater like acne and redness (none of which were my conceren) those products never did anything for me really besides make me feel less dirty like any old bar of soap would .and I found that for my Brown Skin that salcic acid worked a lot better at clearing my whiteheads on my forehead n face . For example this ambi even and clear pump bottle cleanser was much more effective . So when I saw this was a benzoyl peroxide based system I was like UGH great another product that's not for me . I thought it probably only clears cystic acne and blackheads and wont do squat for my skin but this did so read my above review and give it a try. The travel size is a good deal and all u need for a while.
by leahh0805 on 06/19/2017 17:30
have u tried the wash/bp on front neck area? wondering if it will irritate it