Page 2 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.4/5 - 1223 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide.

Also Contains:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
2 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Try a different approach
Reviewed on November 14, 2014

I've tried so many products, but they simply mask acne. A change in diet saved my skin.

See the bigger picture, whats your body trying to tell you?

For anyone interested in taking a different approach at skincare and improving your complexion from the inside out check out the power of Juice Plus. For less than a cup of coffee/day. It's a lifestyle change :)

Message me, I'd be happy to share!

by shaun84 on 12/04/2014 11:54
Hi can you pls email the juice plus to sazzopardi84@[link removed] as i am interested Thanks Shaun
Didn't help - in fact made daughter's acne worse.
Reviewed on November 13, 2014

She uses this product every night and has done for about 6 months. Within a month acne had spread to cheeks - I know this could have been a coincidence but her spots got worse and worse until last week I put two and two together and told her to stop using the acne.org BP. This morning (about 10 days after stopping) her skin looked so much less inflamed and red. It didn't dry her skin out either - honestly it could have been any kind of clear gel for all the effect it had.

I need help!
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

I used this for a week and my skin broke out like crazy, it was awful. Stopped using it as I have sensitive skin and didn't know if I would be allergic like I am to other acne treating products. What do I do? Is this normal? Should I carry on?

Best Treatment I've ever used
Reviewed on November 9, 2014

Half a year ago I had some real problems with my skin. My face was always covered in pimples and clogged pores. I have a pretty sensitive skin -> when I used a wrong product or a product that contains alcohol my face turned red and started to burn. I tried many different products -> some stuff from the pharmacy, natural D.I.Y. masks, Payot, Balea ( DONT USE IT ! ) etc...

Now since some months I use the Cetaphil Cleanser, the Acne.org Treatment + tea tree oil!!! and the Cetaphil Moisturizer.

My skin looks so much better! I still get pimples from time to time, but when I use a little more of the treatment + tea tree oil on those spots or when I use a medicinal clay mask they vanish after some days.

The only thing that I dont like about this treatment is the fact that the towel I use for my face has no colour in it anymore, the treatment kind of burned it away ^^ So yeah, if you buy it then only use one towel for your face and wash it regulary.

Sad that i'm allergic
Reviewed on September 11, 2014

I started the regimen very well, always following the instructions and i didn't have a pimple for 7 weeks! That's was very good but my skin wasn't looking good, at week 8 it was supposed to look less flaky and less red and less dry but it didn't besides my skin was so much darker than it used to so i went to the dermatologist and she told me that i'm allergic :( . I have a very sensitive skin so for all those people with very sensitive skin i suggest them to buy first the small pack to know if you are sensitive to the BP or not. One more thing that i think about using this product is that it takes a lot of time and care besides of avoiding some things. But if you aren't allergic to it good for you. One more sad thing about this is that when you stop using it the acne comes back. Now my dermatologist suggested me Accutane, i hope it works.

Best Benzoyl Peroxide you can buy!!
Reviewed on November 4, 2014

I will tell you now, that you MUST TREAT YOUR SKIN VERY GENTLY ( when i mean gentle, i mean GENTLE!!!!!!). So wash your face very very gently, spread BP gently and moisturise gently. NEVER RUB AND AVOID TOUCHING FACE THROUGHOUT THE DAY AT ALL COST!! This is key to reducing ACNE, the reason why you are on this website.

Pros:

2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Soothing gel

Easy to spread

A lot in one bottle

Gets rid of acne

Cons:

Very itchy, quite painful and irritant on the first week (no feeling at all after a week of using)

Should I buy it?

Would recommend instantly if you can get it cheap enough in your country

So glad I found this!!!
Reviewed on November 2, 2014

I wanted to use this product for awhile before committing to a review and I think 10 months a long enough "test drive". This stuff saved me from an acne perspective. I'm a 39 year old female w/ no acne issues ever. Last year mid-summer (after the stress of losing someone close to me, stopping birth control, and being on antibiotics) I broke out on my forehead w/ the most phenomenal deep cystic acne ever. No amount of yoga, fruit and veggie eating, probiotics, tea tree oil, etc. helped. I was really trying to go the "stress free/natural" route and my face wasn't responding. After 3 months (and I really had to suck up my ego because I don't wear makeup and I kept my hair off my face) I went to the derm and she gave me erythromycin pads (they didn't work), followed by a hideous smelling and while pasty refrigerated mass of 5% BP. It worked right away - no more cysts came after that (that was Nov 2013); however, I had a lot of scarring and redness that lingered for months. I decided after 2 months and some research and discovery of this site, that I was going to try this BP due to the reviews and non-gnarly ingredients. I have been using it for 10 months now (still using the same tube) and it really has been a life saver! I use it every night (a little goes a long way) and sometimes in the morning if I notice a few pimples coming on. Mind you, a few pimples is practically nothing - especially in comparison to the cystic anarchy of last year. I pretty much stick to my forehead for use and spot treat anywhere else where something is cropping up - seldom do I feel the need to use it all over.

Some things to note: this will dry your face out to start and it took my face several months to adjust (small price to pay considering all you have to do to combat the dry skin is moisturize). I don't use makeup at all but the consistency of this stuff goes on smooth and clear and doesn't leave a film - I have no doubt that makeup over top wouldn't be an issue. BP will not (at least it didn't in my case) do jack about your pigmentation, scars, etc.

After a couple of months, I began to use Dan's AHA 3 nights a week (a little of this goes a long way too and it may sting a bit initially). It didn't seem to do much for the pigmentation (that just went away on its own over time) but it does give an overall glow to my skin which people have commented on. I now (since it is getting colder out) mix a small drop of AHA w/ my Oil of Olay moisturizer morning and night to apply after BP. I did notice that spot treating an oncoming pimple w/ AHA REALLY seems to stop it in its tracks - more than BP on its own.

I am so glad I found this stuff - can't even begin to tell you how much it has worked for me! Thanks Dan!

So worth trying...even if you think you've tried it all!
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

I've had acne since I was 12. I'm 26 and since first trying the treatment 10 weeks ago, my skin has never looked better. It took a week to notice some improvements and after a week my face was dry for a few more... and still gets dry but jojoba oil really helps. For the first time since 13, I can feel comfortable without hiding behind a face full of makeup. I tried soo, soo many products. None worked, but I have been using benzol peroxide for 10 years because it did always help a little. When I ordered this stuff I followed the instructions. I was skeptical and it took everything I had in me to not pick at my face or exfoliate (I was scrubbing every day!!)...This worked for me, and I'm so happy and thankful. I'm getting like 1-2 small pimples a week!! I ordered the rest of the kit and just can't wait to try all the products together. I've been on prescription meds, I've spent so much time and money. It's finally over, and I just couldn't be any happier!

benzoyl peroxide is for you or not
Reviewed on October 28, 2014

what i have noticed in my personal experience using bP at first it helped even tho my face was super red which might cause irritation which internally cause my body to secrete more oils trying to get my body back to normal. i would suggest if it causes more acne then don't use it at all, maybe use it on your hands to keep them clean when you touch your face

Worth the shot!
Reviewed on October 23, 2014

I've been on the Acne Regimen treatment for about 2 months now and this was one of the best decisions I have made in my life! I was skeptical about it at first, but on the first month I've already seen some improvement. I'm writing this review because today my boyfriend told me, twice, that my skin got so clear! "Your skin got so clear. Really clear. Looks nice!" Again, he told me this twice. Hearing these words almost brought me to tears. Battling with acne is not fun. Thank you so much, Dan! Your products are life changing.