Page 2 of Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%) reviews

4.3/5 - 1373 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Hydroxide.

Acne.org Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)

8 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. Treatment (2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide)

Commitment
Reviewed on August 8, 2016

So I tried the acne.org treatment for 10 weeks with my moderate acne. I'd only used over the counter products before this regiment so I was hoping for good result and a step up from my regular regiment.

At first it went well, I spend time every evening and every morning applying the treatment and following the instructions precisely but I soon noticed the skin on my face turning a slightly different colour to the rest of my body and my skin became quite dry too. From around week 4 I noticed a significant improvement as I was getting much fewer breakouts than usual and some areas of my face even cleared up completely. Unfortunately, this is as good as it got and I never actually had completely clear skin.

The largest downsides to me are that it takes at least 20 minutes every morning and evening to properly apply the treatment; my skin was showing signs of dryness and flakiness (even after 2 pumps of moisturiser!); and it also prohibited me from doing certain activities like swimming or working out. This is because after swimming the moisturiser gets washed off and your skin looks and becomes extremely dry so you would have to re-apply the moisturiser. And the problem with working out is that unless you don't shower after working out or only workout just before your morning or evening shower, then you would have to re-apply the regiment or moisturiser again.

I would only recommend this if you're ready and prepared to make sacrifices for your acne and battle other challenges like dry skin as well as acne. You also need to be extremely committed as only 1 missed morning resulted in a breakout for me.

I've been off the regiment for about 4 days now and I've had quite a few breakouts, but at least my skin feels normal again.

Life Changing Product
Reviewed on August 6, 2016

Most amazing product ever. Been using it for 2 years consistently now! Clears my breakouts over night. Completely changed my life.

My face is SOOO itchy!!!
Reviewed on August 6, 2016

So this won't really be a review as I am only on day 2 of the regimen, but this itching is boredline unbearable. I followed the directions to a T just like they tell you to, and my face hasn't stopped itching. I can already see my skin drying out and peeling a little, so I know that it's the BPdoing what BP does. But I honestly don't know if I can deal with this for 1-3 weeks! I ordered the Jojoba Oil today in hopes that it would help alleviate this horrible itching, but does any one have any other suggestions?

Works until it doesn't work
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

This is great in the beginning but not an optimal solution for acne :(

Worked for a couple of months
Reviewed on August 1, 2016

The whole regimen worked wonders for me for about 5 months. Out of nowhere I started to react terribly to the benzoyl peroxide and get bright red at even the smallest amount. Idk what happened but I WAS DEVASTATED. I'm now resorting to accutane which was really my last resort but nothing.. and I mean nothing has helped me since.

CLEARED MOST OF MY ACNE IN A MONTH!
Reviewed on May 31, 2016

UPDATE:

My skin is clear! I have a few extremely tiny bumps around my hair line but besides that everything is good. Im still using the same products except the sunscreen. I don't follow the exact acne.org regimen, I do about 2-3 thin layers of BP or ill keep reapplying as needed, not a finger length, and I use one small pump of the cleanser. I occasionally use a toner, and Ive been drinking Red bush tea every night.

May 31, 2016

Skin type: Combo / Acne Prone

Type of acne: Mild/Moderate

I decided to use this as an alternative to the expensive facial treatments I was getting, and after about a month on this product my skin is almost 100% clear. I only bought the cleanser and BP because their moisturizer contains alcohol and oil which I know does not work on MY skin. The added alcohol in moisturizers from MY experience burns my skin while leaving my face dry, it also creates dark spots around the corners of my mouth. The key is finding things that work for YOU! I'm currently using Neutrogena oil free moisturizer which is free of alcohol and more, I also use the Neutrogena oil free sunscreen. So far this combination in addition to being dairy free has been working wonders. I also switched my foundation to CoverFX which is for sensitive, acne prone skin and that has been amazing also, I highly recommend this product.

by FaintIkebana on 08/14/2016 07:26
How did you get rid of the dark spots on the corners of your mouth?
Skin Much Worse Now but Reading Other Comments Should I NOT Stop Using It?
Reviewed on July 31, 2016

I come on here because I'm having a bad reaction on the third day using this product so I wanted to write a review on here. I share the same experience as other negative reviews said, skin has severe breakouts like rash, skin redness, peel, burns, itch and visibly swollen. I used pea size per the instruction and the breakout happened on the third day in the morning after I woke up. Some of the comments say they are the symptoms before your skin actually get a lot better later. I have already stopped using it. Can someone please tell me if this process is normal and the most scary part is if continuous application will worsen the current symptoms? I let my skin naturally heal for now. Thank you very much for anyone's response in advance!

by Roos on 07/31/2016 10:34
My skin got itchy and peeled as well in the beginning but I don't have that reaction any more. I think your skin just needs to get used to it. Maybe try using it every other day once your skin calmed down a little?
My skin is irritated but it works!
Reviewed on July 29, 2016

This is my second week and my skin is very irritated and makes me want to scratch, how long does that last???

Changed my life!
Reviewed on July 28, 2016

This product has COMPLETELY changed my life. As most of the people on here, I had tried every drugstore product available, yet nothing seemed to help my acne. My acne was moderate-severe, and this product has made me into an entirely different, more confident, happy, positive, and beautiful person. I do not know what I would do without this product!!!!!!

Help!
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

I have been using benzoyl peroxide for about 5 days. Even though my skin does appear a little dryer it's not as dry as other people's and my skin isn't peeling. Is this normal? Am I using it wrong?