Page 5 of Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 376 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)

Thank you!
Reviewed on June 14, 2016

I never write reviews, but I had to for this product. Its the only thing that's helped me with my scarring and red marks. I dont have to wear tinted moisturizer anymore, just a bit of concealer (I'm a guy). Only been using this since the end of May and I've been getting great results already, red marks have improved drastically. I know I'm not on it a month yet so some mightn't believe me, but it is hands down the only product that has improved my skin after 9 years of severe acne, the only other thing that has helped is diet restrictions. Can't wait to see the progress from this product at the end of the summer.

by BellMari on 06/16/2016 06:17
I am using this product for the same reason as you (red marks)! Only 2 days of use tho. Do you use it daily or every other night??? :)
Weakened already dry skin and led to worse acne
Reviewed on May 27, 2016

I will start out by saying that I have naturally dry skin which may be the reason why I did not have success with this product.

I did not use this product in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide because I have found bp to be very irritating no matter how much I moisturized. Now, I only rinse my face with water and moisturize.

Thinking that my dry skin needed to be exfoliated to deal with the flaking skin and small breakouts on my cheeks and cystic acne on my chin, I started to use the 10% glycolic acid in place of my moisturizer every 2nd - 3rd day. I found this product extremely deceptive because I did not notice any harm at first - there was no redness or stinging. However after 2 months + of using glycolic acid this way, the acne on my cheeks started to spread very slowly. At the time, I thought the worsening of my acne may be due to diet (I ate very well but thought maybe gluten or dairy were contributors), stress, digestive issues, dirty pillowcases, etc. I did not even consider that the glycolic acid was making my acne worse because there were no immediate negative side effects. I would also use glycolic acid as a spot treatment for cystic chin acne and sometimes I thought that it helped. If I didn't catch the pimple right away though - the glycolic acid would stop it from coming to a head, but I suppose the infection spread beneath the skin because I would get deep, painful pimples all around the original pimple.

Once I stopped using glycolic acid and kept on just moisturizing, the health of my skin improved dramatically and when I did get a cystic pimple on my chin, it would just come to a head, heal and no new pimples would form around the original.

My advice for anyone with dry acne-prone skin: DO NOT USE CHEMICAL EXFOLIATION. Perhaps every now and then is fine, but moisturizing is definitely the best thing that I have found helpful for my skin.

by BellMari on 06/17/2016 16:04
Did you have active acne at the moment of starting glycolic? Because I contacted them to ask if I could start glycolic even without the regiment since i do not have acne but only red marks. And they said if you do NOT have active acne, sure do...
Great, but do NOT overuse!
Reviewed on May 19, 2016

So I have normal, non-sensitive skin. I've used this product six consecutive days in a row without mixing with other moisturizer, thinking that I would be okay. I only used an amount the size of a pea daily and spot-treated on parts where I had acne. I felt my skin texture becoming quite smooth and tiny bumps on my forehead clearing up (that did not disappear completely with just BP) by the fourth day.

However, by the sixth day, my face burned and felt irritated. I've stopped using it again temporarily as I want my weakened skin to recover. At least I know for sure it definitely does its job of exfoliating. It was stupid of me to be greedy and overuse. Also, do not put on too much at once either, because that may also cause your skin to burn and sting.

Overall, good exfoliator and surprisingly, it was actually moisturizing as well. I just really want to stop anyone from overusing. It is highly likely that this on its own won't heal acne itself, but I think it's worth a shot.

This product saved my live
Reviewed on May 18, 2016

after the initial little purge you might get, and slight irritation of the skin, this product really keeps your skin in great condition. I do believe that every person is different, and the treatments that may work for me, may not work for other people, but this product truly changed my life. It's my life blood and I don't go anywhere without it. It really drastically improved my skin over time, and when I do get a small breakout from time to time, I never really stress out because I know the product will eventually eliminate it. I used this product on my face and I have to say it might be strong for some people, but for me it worked wonders! great product

takes getting used to
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

I swear by this! At first my skin was like "whyyy why are you doing this?" it got red and irritated even with small pea sized use only every other day. I don't know what changed but my skin got used to it and I use it nightly as moisturizer with jojoba and my skin looks so much smoother and my scars aren't as bad. I still have acne (haha?) but my skin that stays or tries to stay clear, looks 100% better than before using this. Definitely recommend for people with scars/uneven skin - just go slow, it takes time for your skin to adjust.

by BellMari on 06/16/2016 06:20
How long before you see improvement for scars/uneven skin tone?
Amazing stuff
Reviewed on May 9, 2016

Every time I use this people comment on how good my skin looks. I get questions about how it's so good. This stuff hydrates and exfoliates your skin from the inside out. It gives your skin a healthy glow which is why it looks so healthy after application. Use this stuff as Daniel Kern recommends!!

Goodbye Red Acne Marks!
Reviewed on May 4, 2016

I don't think I can express how much love I feel for this product. AHA has totally changed the look and texture of my skin post acne. As someone who is pretty pale by fault every discoloration on our faces are more noticeable. Not only is acne more obvious but then we get clear and are stuck with red marks that are just as bad.

I started incorporating AHA into my regime a month into the Acne.org regimen. I mixed it with moisturizer a few nights a week. Then slowly that graduated to using it every night with moisturizer then eventually only a full face of AHA a few times a week. Before I knew it the red marks were gone and most of the time people can't even tell I had acne to begin with.

It is a process yes, but with results I got from this stuff I make sure I always have some on hand for any minor breakouts that I get.

Tip: If you are on the regimen my advice would be to spot treat the red marks before you apply BP. For me this made the redness go away much faster.

by Kellyjelly32 on 05/25/2016 15:59
I also have red marks what do you mean by spot treating them before you start the regimen? I'm hoping to get rid of them for good!
by BellMari on 06/22/2016 16:20
i've been using every night (every other night I mixed with moisturizer and then the other night full face) for only a week now and I can already see those red marks fading! I have very pale skin as well and I have sensitive skin so I get redness easily and I hate it cause it adds with the red marks. But now i'm getting results already and I love it
helped a lot!
Reviewed on May 2, 2016

I'm always nervous to start using a new product, but this one paid off. I had been using the basic regiment for a while, and found that I still had all these bumps on my forehead, like a permanent breakout. Using the AHA has completely cleared my forehead, which is amazing. I use half and half AHA and moisturizer in the evening, and I feel like it's definitely helping, while not drying out my skin. It's also helped as spot treatment, and shortened the duration of a new pimple. I'm continuing to have some breakouts on my chin which is strange, but I'm going to continue with the regiment plus AHA and hopefully in a little while my whole face will be as clear as my forehead now is.

Only thing that works for me.
Reviewed on May 1, 2016

I use this on my face, back, and chest daily. Whenever I stop using it for a few days, I get breakouts. It doesn't dry out your skin or make it feel tight. Also, you can apply moisturizer or makeup over it. It's wonderful. Only thing is, don't expect overnight results. This product is meant to help over a period of time. The first time I used it, it took about 5 days or so before I noticed I wasn't getting new breakouts (could have been shorter, but that's when I noticed the biggest difference).

Not sure
Reviewed on April 28, 2016

Not sure about this for my skin. I just don't like the feel of it on my face.