Page 4 of AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

Read or post reviews on thousands of acne products & treatments. AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
4.4/5 - 352 reviews

Write Your Review AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

The list of ingredients above is provided for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
- AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Reviewed on February 19, 2016

by Robswife2 on 02/21/2016 01:39
Did u stay on the regimen for a full month before starting to use the AHA?
by PrettyVise on 03/08/2016 16:09
Grow a pair!
Reviewed on February 16, 2016

Over time, this has definitely my go to product in the product line. Now that the regimen has kept my skin clear, I use the AHA+ more often to help with the inevitable signs of aging, especially in my forehead area. It also helps to maintain moisture and keep my skin in check when I don't have an opportunity to get in the full regimen. I absolutely adore AHA+ and am ecstatic that it now comes in the 16oz bottle. The 8oz lasts me forever and now I really don't have to worry about running out with the 16oz.

Number 1 product for any kind of acne
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

Leaves complexion much smoother and more breathable. Since i started using it, Its been clearing my acne nice and slowly. Most body acne is gone. Started 2 weeks ago. It's my last step in my acne regimen. Start with the lerosette clay mask. Then while am in the shower i use safflower oil with clove oil, replaces benzoil peraxide. I use a cleanser that has jojoba and macadamia oil. Finish it of with Glycolic acid.

not for me
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

it might be work for other but not for me i got burnt and a little bit rash all over after 2days using

My secret skin care product
Reviewed on December 21, 2015

This is my secret skin care product. It exfoliate my facial skin and body too. It gives my face nice glow, smooth and help to get rid of dark spot if combine with whitening product. If this is your fist time using AHA 10%, please mix it with moisturizer then you can increase the amount of AHA gradually. Your skin needs time to take 10% AHA.

by 379294_1443950561 on 03/05/2016 07:56
I have a question for you...What is the whitening product you use? Also, if I may ask, what do you exfoliate with?
by BellMari on 06/16/2016 06:24
The aha is an exfoliant! I V
To The Silicone Sensitive: Beware
Reviewed on December 20, 2015

I was hoping to find a silver lining with this one. I have this AHA+ multiple chances and have broken out each time. Nothing horrendous, but definitely some nasty little bumps and tons of clogged pores. I was really hoping this would work as it's hard to find a lotion that compliments my cloggy skin. On the upside, I absolutely loved the moisture and the softness this added to my skin.I am almost certain I wouldn't have any trouble if it wasn't for the magical ingredient "Cyclomethicone". If you are extremely sensitive to this ingredient or any of the "cones" this may not work for you. Silicone sensitivity is rarely talked about. And unfortunately, it's in almost everything! Consider ditching this ingredient from your face lotions, washes, ointments etc. and see if you a see a difference! I sure do.

by FinerDeadline on 04/04/2016 16:15
This product made my skin break out for a few weeks after I started using it, which I have had happen in the past with other strong exfoliants. It takes time to notice positive results from it but if you give it a chance it is worth it. I have been using it for about two months and my skin initially broke out repeatedly but has finally cleared.
Great Results if you're not allergic to Glyceryl Stearate!
Reviewed on December 17, 2015

After some trial & error and research, I've concluded that I'm allergic to one of the ingredients: Glyceryl Monostearate/Glyceryl Stearate. Less than 1% of people have this reaction. I'll explain a little... I had been using this with's AHA and BP with MUCH success for about 6 months with no reaction. So, when my eyes swelled and got scaly, red, & sore patches around them along with dry, cracking and bleeding skin in the corners of my mouth, I didn't think these products were the culprit. Eventually, I did change everything... No bp, no aha, changed make-up, changed everything. My skin started to heal.

Because I had been using my products for a long time before this reaction, the culprit became difficult to pinpoint. I always remember my mom having sensitive skin. I discussed my new issues with her, and she revealed that she didn't have any skin sensitivity issues until sometime in her 30's, which was when I started to have problems. So, it would seem possible to develop an allergy and become sensitive to something that never caused issue before.

Over the next few years, I developed a completely new regime that wasn't as effective as the's BP/AHA/moisture but also didn't freak my face out. My initial thought was that it had to be the bp or aha causing sensitivity. AHA is notorious for being intolerable to some. When I would get a break out, I'd spot treat with's AHA and BP, and I'd start to feel the inklings of a reaction- patches under my eyes, itching, watery eyes... Then, I started just spot treating with the BP; that was ok. Eventually, I worked back up to using it all over every night. Other than normal BP dryness, I experienced no allergic action.

I came to the (false) conclusion that it was AHA causing harm; however, I still longed for the BP/AHA results I had before my skin went crazy. I did some research on AHA's and found that people could better tolerate them when a blend of AHA's were used. I started on the (ridiculously expensive) Drunk Elephant Glycolic (AHA) serum. I've used that for months, until my first bottle was gone. Things were going well. No reactions.

And now, we come back around to the moisturizer. After months of being on the same regime (BP/Drunk Elephant AHA/same cosmetics, etc), I decided to revisit's moisturizer. Last night, I used the moisturizer, and I woke up with swollen, watery eyes and itchy skin- all the same reactions I had years before and with's AHA. I compared the ingredient list of both harm causing products ('s AHA and Moisturizer), and found 3 common ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Licochalcone, and Glyceryl Stearate. Butylene Glycol was also present in Drunk Elephant's AHA; I ruled that ingredient out. I researched Licochalcone and found no evidence of it as an allergen. Additionally, it's a great product for soothing sensitive skin reactions. When I researched Butylene Glycol, I found that some people can have terrible reactions. It is rare, but if you find yourself reacting to's AHA and/or Moisturizer. This very likely could be the culprit.

On my way to better skin!
Reviewed on October 29, 2015

So I've never in my 20 years had acne. But recently I started breaking out. Probably because of stress, diet and hormonal imbalance. This made me feel insecure as I was previously used to people around me envying my skin and asking me for tips.

I know I should've worked on my diet and all that but i wanted a fast fix. I read about this site online and was excited to try out the regimen. However, I don't really apply much chemicals on my face soo I only switched to cetaphil cleanser which is an alternative to the cleanser and also brought this item. It's been about 5 days now and I can feel my skins texture getting smoother and softer!

I'm breaking my rules! I'm gonna get the Treatment too! 😭💸 take my money and give me my clear skin back!

Persist beyond the initial two weeks and your acne will be cured.
Reviewed on October 7, 2015

This has almost single handedly saved my life and my skin. I was on the brink of suicide with regards to my severe cystic acne and and even more severe scarring (pitting and red marks on my brown Indian skin). Nonetheless I ordered the AHA with some remaining glimmer of hope that ok let me try one last thing before I give up.

On first use, this stung like hell and made my skin go beet red. But I could tell the texture of my skin was changing so I persisted. In the first week or two, I noticed some new pimples forming to my dismay. But old pimples were receeding! And the texture and feel of my skin again, was so ultra smooth. The way I used this in order to dilute the product was to cleanse (BTW best cleanser in the world for acne is from an Australian company called ASAP - gentle cleansing gel, also containing glycolic. removes makeup and does NOT cause acne, lifesaver in itself please try it) then apply Nivea creme in the blue container plus almond oil to my skin, then immediately apply AHA over this moisturiser. This is so the AHA doesn't sting as much and is diluted to allow the skin to take it easy but STILL gives you full benefits of the AHA. Please try to use it in this way before discounting the product.

Now I am at week 2.5 after starting the AHA and my skin is transformed. Only one new pimple, all other pimples have FADED. I'm not joking. I feel slowly some of my red scars are improving a little but I will need to use consistently for a few months before I can tell that for sure. Right now I use it every second night but when I use it every night I do see more benefits. I just don't want my skin to develop a tolerance to it by using every night. But this has saved my life and my skin. I just ordered an extra large pump dispenser of this. THANK YOU DAN!!!!!

EDIT - this is also excellent for people who tend to break out after hair removal e.g. waxing/threading on the face like me. Cleanse the area with witch hazel/alcohol prior to hair removal, then after hair removal slather on AHA (only if your skin is not too sensitive otherwise it will BURN). I get no breakouts anymore after hair removal so I'm a very happy camper :)

EDIT - spoke too soon. I'm still getting acne despite using AHA. Oh well. It wasn't the miracle for me after all. Definitely contemplating suicide now.

by SunMoon on 11/10/2015 03:48
Are you using the 2.5% Treatment as well? I don't think AHA alone will cure acne, but the Treatment is really good to cure it.
by cowcow on 12/15/2015 19:07
have you tried accutane or prescription antibiotics? please don't kill yourself :(((
by BronzeSkink on 01/06/2016 06:39
Hi! I know the pain you're feeling. I've been there. The regimine has saved me so much heartache because it really works. I use all the products and will buy you some too. My horrible cystic acne has 90% cleared! If you're interested, email me at brianaleestanley@[link removed]. I'll send the products to wherever you live! I wish I had tried this stuff years ago. It would have saved me so much agony! Please reach out if you need someone to talk to!
by knotsesandparadoxes on 01/11/2016 02:31
Hi, positron89! I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling so discouraged that you're contemplating suicide. :(((( I reassure you there is help is available and suicidal feelings are temporary. Your life is important! <3
by jenstar5896 on 01/29/2016 16:07
Look into B5 powder supplementation!!! It has helped thousands of people from the inside out with cystic acne! Not only does it basically cure acne, but it helps with depression, anxiety, digestive problems, allergies! Remember, you could only be one tweak away from clear skin :) There is always hope never ever give up!!
by Robswife2 on 02/21/2016 01:44
I agree with Sunmoon. You MUST use the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide to clear your acne. The 10% AHA alone will not clear it
For perfect skin use this!
Reviewed on October 5, 2015

Ok so I started using the regimen a couple months ago and while my skin was clear of acne, I was left with really dry flaky tight skin which created an awful texture that was SUPER visible. I hated it as much as my acne, so I really wasn't feeling to happy about the results. I purchased this as it is recommended for fading post acne marks as well as getting rid of dry skin, i've been using this for a couple weeks in the evenings and omg, my skin not only isn't flaky and dry but it looks amazingly smooth! You wouldn't even know I'm an acne sufferer. I can't wait to see the results in a month because my spots are already fading and I love the way my skin looks! BUY THIS!!! and follow the instructions!