Page 4 of Acne.org AHA+ reviews

4.4/5 - 280 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Reviewed on August 13, 2012

Let me start off by saying that I was initially following Dan's regimen to a T. I did so for more than 6 weeks until I could not take the horrible effects on my skin anymore- It was so incredibly dry/flaky and I was STILL breaking out. I was using AHA about twice a week but then finally realized that I have to change something because I was incredibly drained emotionally.

So my new regimen is as follows:

I apply AHA every night by itself- no bp or jojoba. I just wash my face and put this on. The next morning I wake up to incredibly soft skin and my makeup goes on so smoothly.

In the morning, however, (before makeup) I wash my face with dove sensitive soap then follow with Dan's bp. I rarely use moisturizer because, for one, my skin is already oily enough and, two, putting too much stuff on my skin just clogs my pores and causes pimples.

I have never seen my face so clear and in such great condition- no dryness, no pimples, balanced oil production, and my acne marks are fading.

Reviewed on July 21, 2012

I'm 38 years old and have been struggling with chest acne for the last 10 years. Every May/June when the weather gets hot, I start to break out. Got some relief from antibiotics prescribed by dermatologist, but it always came back after they were done. I know that it was irritated by sweat from golfing, running volleyball, and even just being outside on sunny days.

AHA+ has completely cleared me up. I apply it every morning and right before bed.

Reviewed on July 14, 2012

This product is really fantastic. I've noticed a drastic change in the texture and tone of my skin.

I started using AHA+ about a month after using the Acne.org BP every night (also a very worthwhile product). It does a great job of removing the flakiness the BP causes.

I only use AHA+ at night as it leaves a bit of a film on the skin. Regardless, it makes a great night cream and I've seen a vast improvement in the texture of my skin in the past few months. I'm really excited to see how long term use of this product will continue to improve my skin.

Overall, I cannot recommend Acne.org products enough. Every item I've purchased has been excellent quality and really helped clear my skin. The prices are fair and I appreciate the generous sizes. Many thanks to Dan and the Acne.org team.

Reviewed on June 14, 2012

I use this every morning and night after applying the 2.5% BP. It stings at first but isn't too painful. With this daily routine my skin has transformed and is more even and clear. It's great as an additional treatment for acne as well as moisturizer. I can't live without it.

Reviewed on June 7, 2012

My skin was so bad that I was getting a new pimple every other week while old ones were still healing.. I was getting pimple clusters as well as pimples would grow on top of other pimples. When I was young I was pimple free. I am 29 years old / male and started breaking out for the first time at 28. I can proudly say i am pimple free now after two - four months following the regimen with my own twist (AHA instead of treatment/lotion at night). Most of my scars have cleared up alot as well and more importantly, i am not acne prone anymore. Everyone has noticed and I am finally confident in my skin again for photos.

Reviewed on May 31, 2012

I love this product. I use this every night after applying Dan's benzoyl peroxide. I found Alpha Hydrox AHA Enhanced Lotion to be extremely irritating and horrible on my skin; Dan's AHA+ is far superior and non-irritating for my skin. I really love it.

Reviewed on May 23, 2012

I think I am better off with salicylic acid. will never purchase this again, I will consider if it come up with another AHA product without moisturizing feature.

Reviewed on May 20, 2012

I hate to give this a 'meh' rating, because this is an issue with AHA+ rather than this particular product, but just wanted to let others know that this may come up.

Other people say it too: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/192674-developed-allergy-to-aha/

Reviewed on May 16, 2012

ive been using this for a few weeks now.

nighttime:

wash off makeup and cleanse

apply bp treatment

apply moisturizer

apply aha

daytime:

cleanse

apply moisturizer

apply bp treatment

apply makeup

(i let my face absorb the product for about 2 mins before applying the next step)

i dont use nearly as much of any treatments (bp or aha) that is suggested because i dont need that much. i get blemishes probably more around my time of the month and aha has seemed to lessen the amount of blemishes as well as accelerated the time it takes for post acne marks to fade, which is great!