Page 3 of Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 294 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Gives baby smooth skin!
Reviewed on December 22, 2013

I am absolutely in love with this product! So so amazing, my skin is so soft now that I have been using this. I use this everyday it does not irritate my skin at all. Sometimes I skip the BP and just put this on at night and it still works like magic. I still get like 1 or 2 little pimples nothing like before though, and when I do get 1 I just put this on and boom! gone pretty fast like 1 or 2 days the pimple is gone. I do still have acne scars which aren't really that bad but I wish this would get rid of them, I don't know if it will, but I think maybe giving it some more time will help, I've been using the regimen for 3 months and my face hasn't looked so clean and clear like it does now! I had tried Retin A, ProActive, Contraceptive pills,and other things prescribed by a dermatologist and nothing seemed to work for me and I spent so much money on useless products until I came across this website! Thank God for Dan! Wish I could have found this earlier in my life. I am 25 years old now and finally feel comfortable in my skin after so many years of struggling with acne, there would be days I didn't even want to take one foot out of the door because my face looked so bad to me.I will definitely keep using AHA+ and the BP. I had also bought the Dan's Lotion, which I do not like at all because it does not moisturize my skin, and I do no like the consistency of it, I also have Dan's facewash , which I will not be purchasing again either, the lotion I use is cetaphyl(doesn't clog my pores at all and does very good moisturizing my skin) and I use the brand SIMPLE facewash. I 100% recommend AHA+ it really has been like magic in a bottle for me !

by jennaollie on 01/04/2014 18:43
Does this help get rid of dead or flakey skin??
by glee12 on 07/18/2014 05:09
@jennaollie- No, AHA is an acid. If anything it will make your skin more dry. I suggest adding a drop of jojoba oil to your moisturizer and seeing how that works.
by glee12 on 07/18/2014 05:09
Miracle in a bottle
Reviewed on October 28, 2013

I highly recommend this product! I'm in my early twenties and once I turned 21, I began having acne all over my forehead and later, mild cystic acne on my cheeks. I've tried everything from holistic methods to anything with a rave review online. Nothing worked and my confidence started wearing off. I was frustrated. As a last desperate attempt to get my old skin back, I tried a BHA (salicylic acid) peel that just aggravated my acne and left me with deep, hyper-pigmented scars.

Then I read about the benefits of alpha hydroxy acid and I purchased Dan's AHA+. I followed his instructions very carefully. After washing my face with a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil), applying Dan's benzoyl peroxide treatment, and using AHA+ twice a day, I haven't felt a pimple form in weeks. The AHA also helps treat my existing acne and fade hyper-pigmentation left by previous acne. It also simultaneously moisturizes my skin. Seriously. Miracle in a bottle.

There are of course some precautions to take before trying a new treatment like AHA+:

First, it's important to have a regular regimen and try it out for a long time to see if it actually works. Sometimes it takes the skin weeks to adjust to a new chemical, especially if it's a chemical like AHA which behaves differently from BHAs (commonly salicylic acid). In the time that you are getting used to the regimen, it's possible that you may experience dry skin which can worsen acne, but be patient! Perfectly clear skin doesn't happen in 3 weeks. Sometimes it takes an entire year. It's also important to be diligent with a skin care regimen. There is simply no exceptions to cleaning, treating and moisturizing your skin on a daily basis for clear skin.

Finally, my biggest advice is to not touch or pick at your face. When you touch your face, not only are you introducing bacteria, oils and dirt to your pores, you are also aggravating skin cells which causes inflammation which causes acne. If you're like me and you can't resist picking at your face when you stand in front of a mirror, it's possible that you are causing your acne. I know. It sucks. That's why it's very important to wash your hand between each step in your regimen and to try not to touch other things (like your phone which carries lots of bacteria) before moving on to the next step.

Overall, my review of Dan's AHA+ is positive and I wholeheartedly recommend anyone who is looking for something that really works. I finally found a solution to my acne and I hope you do too!

by jennaollie on 01/04/2014 18:46
does it help with flakey or dry skin?
Best to fade hyper pigmentation!
Reviewed on November 22, 2013

It really helps fade hyper pigmentation fast. it also made my skin look brighter and fresh.

by glee12 on 07/18/2014 17:47
How soon did it take for your hyperpigmentation to go away? Did all of it vanish or most of it?
Really good
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I was a bit nervous about using this after I read experiences of people who had gotten clogged pores from using it... my skin seems to clog with just about anything. But I was lucky to not have any clogging with this product, and no purging either.

It makes my skin very soft. I have seen a bit of improvement with the red spots on my face but they're definitely still there. However, they were super red, and all over my face (basically like a huge sunburn) so I can see it is going to be a while till they fade entirely. But this product is certainly helping.

Pretty bad
Reviewed on November 6, 2013

I ordered this because of all the amazing reviews and when it came I was pretty excited. My dry skin and flakes have been bad since I started the Regimen about three months ago, so I thought this would help. I diluted with my regular moisturizer, applied only at night, and made sure to wear sunscreen during the day. While this did help the flakes come off easier, it also took my skin from almost clear to horrifying. After only three days I have tons of new zits and the burning after application keeps me up at night. Part of me wants to believe this is purging, but if it isn't I'll feel like an idiot for continuing to use a product that's wrecking my skin like Miley Cyrus. On the forums they say that all these good reviews mean nothing and even if this does work it is no "Miracle Product" as so many people claim, which makes me reluctant to believe things will turn around. I might pick this up again during winter break (after Christmas pictures) but for now I'm convinced it would be less irritating to exfoliate by clawing at my face with grimy fingernails. If you do want to try this, please be cautious and only apply a little at first. If your skin isn't completely clear already it might not be for you.

I forgot to mention that some of my clogged pores seemed to open up with this so that i could grab the tip of the plug with tweezers and very slowly pull it out of my skin. I like to think this whole ordeal was worth it just for that gross but extremely gratifying experience.

by CaliPoppy on 11/14/2013 06:22
Glycolic acid chemically exfoliates the top layer of skin. Benzoyl peroxide is a peeling agent meaning it also exfoliates. When using the 2 it's very easy to give yourself a chemical burn. Using AHA 1-2x a week should be more than enough. Especially if you have sensitive skin which most acne sufferers do. Hope this was helpful! Good luck!
Love it!
Reviewed on September 29, 2013

I tried out using the acne.org regimen products (Cleanser, BP, Moisturizer, and AHA). I've been using them for 3 months straight. The positive side was that my acne cleared up! I have occasional breakouts, but they're just minor spots from that time of the month I guess. The downside is that my skin has been so dry. It never got used to the BP. :( My skin had been flaky and tight for a couple of months despite being clear. So I stopped using the BP all over my face, and used it for a spot treatment instead. Then I've been using the AHA every night. NOW my skin is CLEAR, SMOOTH, and SOFT. :) So happy with the results!

Helps with flakes, skin tone
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

Great product. This, along with the acne.org benzoyl peroxide has changed my life! The AHA+ takes care of flakiness once and for all. I used to always have patches of dry skin. I use a small amount of this combined with Cetaphil cream every night, and I never have dryness anymore. I also have some hyperpigmentation, and this helps even out my skin tone. Very amazing product.

This makes my skin much more sensitive to sun though. If I am in direct sunlight for more than 10 minutes without sunscreen, my face will feel slightly burned. I do have very fair skin already. Also, be careful not to get this in your eyes or mouth. It seems easy to do, and will sting, especially your eyes.

On price, this tube will last you a very, very long time, so it's worth the cost.

Thank you so much Dan and everyone at acne.org!

This product has been a miracle
Reviewed on July 29, 2013

Dan's AHA+ has made my skin better and better. At first, I was very skeptical in purchasing this to use alongside Dan's regimen. I finally bought some when I ordered my next kit, and boy, that was the best decision I had ever made. I use AHA+ daily and it makes my skin super smooth-looking and flake free. Yes, it burns. Yes, it's a little expensive. Most importantly, YES, it works! This, alongside Dan's regimen, packs a powerful punch that will help your skin clear up that much faster. Feel like you're about to get a pimple? Gently rub some AHA+ on the area and it'll surface by morning or even disappear completely (well, almost). I don't think BP can do what this does! With gentle exfoliation (psst....baking soda), this product will soon be your best friend.

Very nice product!
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

I read tons of reviews and posts on this site about Dans Aha and how much everyone likes it. Even though I am not on DKR I decided that I was going to try the Aha anyways. If the product was so great I needed to have it too. I ordered it and I love it. It goes on very smoothly and makes you skin feel and appear very soft and smooth. I even started to notice a bit of lighting of my Hyperpigmentaion in the first week. Smells like banana candy alittle bit which doesn't bother me at all. I recommend this if you want to bring your skin up a notch.

My Face Did Not Like This
Reviewed on June 8, 2013

Dan's AHA+ never worked well for me. I have sensitive skin and using this on top of BP makes my face BURN all night long. I do have red marks, but would rather wait until my skin heals itself (hopefully it does). My face felt very sticky and gross after applying AHA+ and would itch and peel all night. I was also concerned about the sunburn risk with using a chemical exfoliater and decided not to risk it (I do apply sunscreen in the morning but in order to be safe it should be reapplied every two hours, something I just cannot do with my work). Did not work on chest and back cysts either.