Acne.org AHA+

Average price: $17.80

Brand: Acne.org

Most helpful review

By Naomi, Richmond, VA on 11/24/2012

I love this stuff! It has honestly been a miracle product for my skin. Im 26 and never had a problem with acne until several years ago. I've tried products with salicylic acid, benzyl peroxide, and sulfer, and none of them have done much good. I purchased the AHA lotion hoping it would even out some of the scars that I've been getting due to my acne outbreaks, but it has actually done more than that. It's cured my acne! At night I wash my face with a gentle clenser and use the AHA lotion (every night as it does not irritate my skin at all). In the mornig I use a gentle cleanser again and use cetaphil's oil control SPF 30 moisturizer. I've only used this product for about a month and my skin hasn't looked this good in at least 3 years! Thanks Dan!.

Pros:
  • Clears acne
  • Moisturizes skin
  • Evens skin tone/texture
Cons:
  • None!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Member reviews

By on

For someone with sensitive, combination skin this stuff works great. I replace my nightime moisturizer with this & my skin is consistently clear.

Pros

• Moisturizer and treatment in one
  • Doesn't clog my pore or feel oily
  • Absorbs quickly
  • Pairs perfectly with my benzoyl peroxide to keep my face clear and moisturized

Cons

• I guess some people may dislike the smell but I've used it for a few years now and I don't mind it
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 16
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I use this product every night instead of moisturizer after my benzyl peroxide. This drastically helps my skin from drying out. I LOVE IT!

Pros

• Clears up acne, even overnight. Can be used on chest and back too.

Cons

• The taste (don't get it too close to your lips). The smell isn't great either but it's worth it!
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

AHA+ saved my life!! My skin is pretty clear except that i was getting small cystic like bumps on my T zone a few months ago. I was freaking out and panicking about what to do. Then one day i stumbled across a tube a AHA+ that i had purchased a long time ago but for some reason never actually tried out. I covered my whole face with a thin layer of this product and let it work its magic over night and when i woke up in the morning my face felt smoother and the bumps had visibly reduced in size. Now iv been religiously using it for the last month and absolutely LOVE it. I'm not sure if my face has become anymore sensitive to sunlight seeing as its winter at the moment and im mostly inside, but once summer comes around ill write another review letting you guys know if iv experienced any sunlight sensitivity.

Pros

• exfoliates deeply without being harsh on the skin
  • leaves skin smooth and moisturized
  • helps fade acne scars and evens out skin tone
  • leaves a lovely healthy glow
  • results can be seen within a couple of days

Cons

• can sting a tiny bit if too much is applied on the skin
  • apparently makes the skin more sensitive towards sunlight
  • light
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

dan suggests to put a glob of this as a spot treatment if a blemish starts to form...this works great for me. if you have sensitive skin then 10 pct aha may be too strong for all over face, which i have not tried yet.

Pros

• effective spot treatment

Cons

[not submitted]
  • light
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

excellent product.

Pros

• Took my skin from 90% clear to 99.9% clear. I got 90% clear through diet, just getting an occasional, small break out of two or three spots, maybe once a month. After I started using AHA+ my skin became perfectly clear, almost as though I never had acne. The skin tone evened out. Red marks fade quicker. Having this product gives me peace of mind. My advice: don't use too much, allow your skin to get used to it. When I first started, if I put a lot of it on, it could make my skin a bit red.

Cons

[not submitted]
  • very light
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Worth the money. When I added aha+ to the regimen I saw results within days. Day routine= cleanser, treatment and aha+. Night routine= cleanser, treatment and moisturizer. Btw I have spent a loooooot of money on a loooot of products and I really wish I had discovered acne. org regimen and aha+ earlier....

Pros

• cleared up my skin

Cons

• bit expensive to add it to the regimen
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Clears acne
  • Moisturizes skin
  • Evens skin tone/texture

Cons

• None!
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 1500
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

my first review was incorrect- I want to correct my rating from a 3 to a high 5! thanks for this great and really effective product!

Pros

• works like a charm

Cons

• none
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

works like it says! I noticed a difference after the first use, my skin tone is more even, wrinkles more smooth and less visible. I will continue to use twice a week as suggested. The second use did not sting as much as the first time but was still tolerable the first usage. Definitely recommend!!

Pros

• great product, works instantly

Cons

• none
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 20
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Worst mistake of my life was putting this stuff on my forehead. It has caused dark spots which won't go ahead and cause my forehead to keep breaking out.

Pros

• Works on Back acne

Cons

• Doesn't work on face
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.