Page 2 of Acne.org AHA+ reviews

4.4/5 - 280 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Pretty bad
Reviewed on November 6, 2013

I ordered this because of all the amazing reviews and when it came I was pretty excited. My dry skin and flakes have been bad since I started the Regimen about three months ago, so I thought this would help. I diluted with my regular moisturizer, applied only at night, and made sure to wear sunscreen during the day. While this did help the flakes come off easier, it also took my skin from almost clear to horrifying. After only three days I have tons of new zits and the burning after application keeps me up at night. Part of me wants to believe this is purging, but if it isn't I'll feel like an idiot for continuing to use a product that's wrecking my skin like Miley Cyrus. On the forums they say that all these good reviews mean nothing and even if this does work it is no "Miracle Product" as so many people claim, which makes me reluctant to believe things will turn around. I might pick this up again during winter break (after Christmas pictures) but for now I'm convinced it would be less irritating to exfoliate by clawing at my face with grimy fingernails. If you do want to try this, please be cautious and only apply a little at first. If your skin isn't completely clear already it might not be for you.

I forgot to mention that some of my clogged pores seemed to open up with this so that i could grab the tip of the plug with tweezers and very slowly pull it out of my skin. I like to think this whole ordeal was worth it just for that gross but extremely gratifying experience.

Love it!
Reviewed on September 29, 2013

I tried out using the acne.org regimen products (Cleanser, BP, Moisturizer, and AHA). I've been using them for 3 months straight. The positive side was that my acne cleared up! I have occasional breakouts, but they're just minor spots from that time of the month I guess. The downside is that my skin has been so dry. It never got used to the BP. :( My skin had been flaky and tight for a couple of months despite being clear. So I stopped using the BP all over my face, and used it for a spot treatment instead. Then I've been using the AHA every night. NOW my skin is CLEAR, SMOOTH, and SOFT. :) So happy with the results!

Helps with flakes, skin tone
Reviewed on September 15, 2013

Great product. This, along with the acne.org benzoyl peroxide has changed my life! The AHA+ takes care of flakiness once and for all. I used to always have patches of dry skin. I use a small amount of this combined with Cetaphil cream every night, and I never have dryness anymore. I also have some hyperpigmentation, and this helps even out my skin tone. Very amazing product.

This makes my skin much more sensitive to sun though. If I am in direct sunlight for more than 10 minutes without sunscreen, my face will feel slightly burned. I do have very fair skin already. Also, be careful not to get this in your eyes or mouth. It seems easy to do, and will sting, especially your eyes.

On price, this tube will last you a very, very long time, so it's worth the cost.

Thank you so much Dan and everyone at acne.org!

This product has been a miracle
Reviewed on July 29, 2013

Dan's AHA+ has made my skin better and better. At first, I was very skeptical in purchasing this to use alongside Dan's regimen. I finally bought some when I ordered my next kit, and boy, that was the best decision I had ever made. I use AHA+ daily and it makes my skin super smooth-looking and flake free. Yes, it burns. Yes, it's a little expensive. Most importantly, YES, it works! This, alongside Dan's regimen, packs a powerful punch that will help your skin clear up that much faster. Feel like you're about to get a pimple? Gently rub some AHA+ on the area and it'll surface by morning or even disappear completely (well, almost). I don't think BP can do what this does! With gentle exfoliation (psst....baking soda), this product will soon be your best friend.

Very nice product!
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

I read tons of reviews and posts on this site about Dans Aha and how much everyone likes it. Even though I am not on DKR I decided that I was going to try the Aha anyways. If the product was so great I needed to have it too. I ordered it and I love it. It goes on very smoothly and makes you skin feel and appear very soft and smooth. I even started to notice a bit of lighting of my Hyperpigmentaion in the first week. Smells like banana candy alittle bit which doesn't bother me at all. I recommend this if you want to bring your skin up a notch.

My Face Did Not Like This
Reviewed on June 8, 2013

Dan's AHA+ never worked well for me. I have sensitive skin and using this on top of BP makes my face BURN all night long. I do have red marks, but would rather wait until my skin heals itself (hopefully it does). My face felt very sticky and gross after applying AHA+ and would itch and peel all night. I was also concerned about the sunburn risk with using a chemical exfoliater and decided not to risk it (I do apply sunscreen in the morning but in order to be safe it should be reapplied every two hours, something I just cannot do with my work). Did not work on chest and back cysts either.

Reviewed on May 13, 2013

i've use most facial products for men on the market. as part of the regimen, AHA+ completes it. exactly what is says. even tone. Its become a must in my routine.

Reviewed on April 27, 2013

This product has amazed me!!!! I have only been using it a week and my skin is already so clear. I don't think I could ever be without it now.

Reviewed on April 6, 2013

You will see results after the 1st application. No irritation.

Reviewed on March 28, 2013

This review is JUST for AHA+ as a spot treatment. I have yet to try it as a substitute for moisturiser.

As a spot treatment, even if caught early, pimples still continue to come to a head as if the AHA made no difference whatsoever.

I will write another review at a later date with regards to using it as a moisturiser. Hope that one can be more positive.