Page 2 of Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 379 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)

Forget Scrubs!
Reviewed on April 2, 2017

I learned here, oatmeal, pro-activ, keihl's scrubs were over working my skin. AHA+ is product in Regimen.

Do not recommend
Reviewed on March 31, 2017

It seems to working first than It burns my face and cause itchy and break out

Very good exfoliant
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

I bought this product and was really surprised by the effect of it on my skin. I can feel my skin smoother and brighter. So I'm sure it gets rid of dead skin cells and helps cell turnover. Also, it doesn't break me out.

The only tiny problem is that it burns a little my skin. I have two 10% Glycolic Acid exfoliants, one from acne.org and another from a national brand (I'm from Brazil). Both are very good, I just don't give it 5 stars because I feel that my skin feel a bit more irritated after I use the acne.org's one. Though it is totally worth buying.

Best thing for smooth textured skin
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

I use the whole acne.org regimen and this AHA lotion is a very necessary component. I mix it with my moisturizer to use after benzoyl peroxide every night and it (along with the rest of the regimen) keeps my skin flake-free and smooth. PLEASE introduce this product gradually and according to instructions! It stung a little bit at first, but my skin quickly adjusted. I've been using it for 8 months and couldn't be more pleased. By the way, I am a woman in my 50s with extremely oily skin. The acne.org regimen is the ONLY thing that has worked so well and I've been trying all kinds of prescription and OTC products for 40 years.

Help
Reviewed on February 26, 2017

I have been on the regimen for about a month now and for the most part, the side effects have subsided. I haven't experienced any redness for a while and I ocassionally experience some dryness but NOTHING compared to how dry and flaky my skin was. I would smile and my face would literally crack. I've heard many good things about AHA and I'm wondering if now would be a good time to start or if I should wait a little longer. I'm only doing the regimen once a day as of now and seems to be working just fine. I want to know if I should start AHA already, and how/when to apply it with the regimen. Also the side effect please ! I mostly have scars now but no active acne

by NeatCrunch on 05/18/2017 17:18
the aha plus would take the place of your moisturizer. I would ease into starting with a few days a week before using it everyday. aha is favorable to dry skin so it shouldnt try you out if so you can add moisturizer ontop
AHA+
Reviewed on February 17, 2017

Can someone tell me how much of the AHA should I use. I have the tube and I'm going to be using it full 2 days a week. But I do not know how much from the tube is equivalent to replace the 2 pumps of moisturizer.

by taylornicole95 on 02/20/2017 17:44
I use a dime sized amount!
AHA burn
Reviewed on February 5, 2017

I've been using the regimen for a month and yesterday I put on AHA, but I didn't dilute it and it "burned" my skin. What should I do? Do I treat it like a sunburn?

by taylornicole95 on 02/09/2017 19:03
Hold off on AHA until the burn goes away, once you start using it again dilute it with your facial moisturizer/oil. use it every other night once a day. best of luck to you!
by coco_laflare on 02/11/2017 03:27
What you can do is use just a pinch of AHA with your moisturizer. So about a nickel size amount in your palm but having it consist of half AHA and half moisturizer. Works great for me
by NeatCrunch on 05/18/2017 17:25
aha can sting, i dont think it burned, the ph isnt low enough to cause a burn. stinging with aha is common the first few uses. i would ease into using it or even apply a light facial serum (if you use one) before using the aha
Smooth and glowing
Reviewed on February 3, 2017

My acne prone skin is normally pretty sensitive. Naturally with the ingredient glycolic ACID I was a little hesitant about trying it out. I'm so happy I did. Although I still have moderate acne, my skin that's not affected by the acne is incredibly smooth and glowing. A lot of reviews on here mention that the product burns, but I've noticed that my skin only burned while using this with the acne.org regimen. While on the regimen my skin was EXTREMELY dry and irritated so I definitely felt the AHA when applied after the BP. At night I currently use a Neutrogena cleanser and then mix in the AHA with a Neutrogena moisturizer and it doesn't burn AT ALL. Regardless I think it's worth adding into your current skin care routine, I saw results after one use :)

HELP! Really Red Face with AHA
Reviewed on January 30, 2017

I've been using the regimen for around 5 and a half months and have been using the AHA every two days for the past 2-3 months. I have seen significant changes in my skin for the better but the past two days (Friday and Tonight(Sunday)) when I've put the AHA on at full as I usually do, my skin has literally felt like my skin is being singed. This has not happened since I've started using the regimen so I'm confused why I'm experiencing it now? It turns my face really red and kind of like a tan but I'm really confused why it's now all of the sudden doing this. Any tips please?? I don't believe I'm doing anything different since I first started using it. Help!!!

by Abhishek17 on 01/31/2017 15:45
Please use good amount of Moisturizer and add 10 drops of Jajoba Oil. I had same experience. AHA is strong. You need to dilute or hydrate your skin equivalent to that. Avoid Direct Sun Exposure ( MUST IF YOU ARE USING AHA , Use Sun Screen ), Relax..Do not panic...You will see all getting fine in 3 days.
Question??
Reviewed on January 24, 2017

Hello ive been using the regimen for a month and so far I love it... I also bought the AHA but since I have sensitive skin I want to be sure when its best to start using it? I dont want to irritate my face. Is it safe to start using it if ive been on the regimen for a month already??? 🤔☺

by taylornicole95 on 01/26/2017 20:00
hey girl! it is suggested to begin using the AHA one month into the regimen. I've been on the regimen for about 3 months now and I just started using the AHA two nights ago and I can already tell in difference in my skins texture. it is so smooth and even looking already. but I'm experiencing some redness/itch here and there. but im sure that's normal with my sensitive skin. hope this helped!
by Abhishek17 on 01/31/2017 15:47
Please use AHA. 1 Pump of AHA + 1 Pump of Moisturizer + 10 drops of Jajoba Oil. You will not feel much sting. Please Please avoid direct sun exposure while using AHA. Use Sun Screen ..If you use the way i mentioned, you will not have single issue. AHA is excellent product ..
by NeatCrunch on 05/18/2017 17:31
you can always ease into using it, helpful tips, make sure your skin is 100% dry, your rubbing it in lightly, you can always apply a light oil or serum before applying the aha
by NeatCrunch on 05/18/2017 17:31