Page 2 of Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 294 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

AWESOMENESS!
Reviewed on June 13, 2014

With each use, my skin becomes smoother and smoother. I've dealt with hyper-pigmentation most of my life, as I'm one of the lucky ones. But now that my skin is acne-free from the benzoyl peroxide, my scars are now also starting to fade. Also, my clogged pores are pretty much gone.

Bottom line: Give it a go!

Day 1
Reviewed on June 1, 2014

So I tried AHA+ for the first time today, and was horribly frightened by the immediate stinging and itchiness that commenced after applying the gel after I finished cleansing and using the BP. As soon as I slathered a bit on my cheek and began to move to my forehead, I felt a little stinging which got WORSE within a few seconds. It got to the point where I wanted to wash my face and take it off (and this literally transpires less than 10 seconds after applying the AHA+). I gently blotted my forehead of the AHA+ with my towel, and then GENEROUSLY applied DK's moisturizer on the areas which had AHA+ on it and to the rest of my face. I've been using the Regimen for over a month now but I guess my face isn't ready for the full effect of AHA+ without the moisturizer yet. My advice to those out there-- don't be reckless. The directions say to use a bit at first and see how your skin reacts to the product and THEN proceed to increase the dosage. Don't be a hero, take your time and learn what your skin can handle and not what you THINK it can handle. I'll continue to use the AHA+ (in moderation and mixed with the moisturizer) of course and hopefully I'll be able to achieve what others have-- a solution to the embarrassing problem of severely dry and flaky skin and even toned glowing skin. I'll make sure to write another review on the product in the coming future. I'm hoping for the best, so wish me luck!

by UptownGirl608 on 10/20/2014 17:24
**Part 2** I initially wrote a review that might have put the AHA+ in a negative light, albeit informative and didactic. This is the follow up I promised a couple of happy months later. You will not regret using this product. Once your skin gets used to it, you'll want to use it all the time! (Do remember to use it in moderation, though) I wish you all the best in your quest for beautiful skin-- enjoy!
Love it.
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

I love how this products feels on my face. I get the nice "tingly" feeling that lets me know its working!

Shipping is extremely slow
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

Its FedEx, was excited to use this product and its been 8 days since it was shipped out, and it still says 4 days left from California to NY. I always get stuff from california usually through UPS, and it never takes more than 3-4 days TOPS, even with standard shipping. I really suggest Acne.org goes over to UPS, they are so much faster. Anyways, after using the regimen for about 2 weeks now 99% of my acne is gone however im left with lots of red marks, thats why i ordered this product. My skin feels smooth and absolutely no bumpbs or pimples ever since i started using the regimen. Now just left with lots of red spots...

by AngelicRock on 10/16/2014 05:55
I agree with you on the shipping. The products took about a week to get to me even though I am in California. Hopefully, acne.org takes note of it.
SMOOOOTHHHHHH
Reviewed on April 28, 2014

I just started the acne org regimen about 2 months ago and realized the drugstore version was not doing it! so I bought the acne org kit. Although I have not been on it for a long period of time I love this with the regimen! my skin was not terribly dry using the new Dans BP but a little and I do have uneven skin tone I was surprise at the slight sting at first but then my skin felt amazing!!! it was soft dead skin that I had came off and felt relaxing and cooling on skin. tones down red spots of skin amazing product!

The best part of my nightly routine!
Reviewed on April 10, 2014

I've been using this product at night for about one month as part of my acne.org routine and it has done wonders to my skin. The acne.org kit had been working but once I added the AHA+, my skin started looking and feeling incredible. I would recommend this product to anyone following the regimen. Take your skin to the next level! This also works great after shaving to help prevent ingrown hairs and handle any irritation.

Best AHA!
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

I mix a little bit of AHA+ with my Acne.org Moisturizer at night and my skin looks even clearer.. or better? I definitely recommend this product if you have been on the Regimen for about a month or so. I don't use it as a moisturizer since my skin is sensitive so it can cause redness or dry skin... So mixing a little bit with the moisturizer has giving me great results! You also get a lot for the price! Which might be a con for me since I don't use a lot in the evening..!

Let's see how this goes
Reviewed on February 14, 2014

I just received my bottle of AHA today after anxiously waiting on it . It has dozens of great reviews so I have very high expectations . I just washed my face with Dan's cleanser , applied the BP , & then mixed half lotion & half AHA . As soon as I applied the mix to my skin it started to sting really bad . I've been on the regimen for almost 2 months so I'm surprised my skin reacted the way it did . My skin did not turn red from irritation like I expected , but it did sting horribly . I'll repeat tomorrow night at bedtime . Perhaps it just needs to get used to it .

by PlasticGoth on 03/18/2014 14:29
I'd suggest start with adding a drop of AHA to your moisturizer and then slowly increasing the dose, and see how it goes.
My #1 Skin Product!
Reviewed on January 29, 2014

This is by far the best product I use for my skin. If I could choose only one product to use, this would be it, besides soap. I have been using this everyday for about 2 years. It keeps the dead skin exfoliated and skin looking fresh. It does not irritate or dry my skin. I cleanse my face and neck, then liberally apply the lotion. I leave it on the skin for about 20-30 minutes until it starts to dry slightly. Then, I work it into the skin, loosening all the dead cells (the dead skin comes right off into my hand). Then I take a warm, soft wash cloth and rinse it away. My skin feels fresh and balanced, and make up goes on much smoother. Since using this though, I feel like I don't even need make up because it has evened out my skin so much. I can't say enough about how much I love this stuff!! It is like a chemical peel that is gentle enough to use daily! Please don't ever discontinue this product!!!

Great spot treatment
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

I have been using AHA as a moisturizer and occasionally as a spot treatment. The spot treatment works really well for me. If I feel a pimple coming, I put a little on the area and within one or two days, the arising pimple is gone!