Page 2 of Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 335 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)

miracle in a bottle
Reviewed on March 22, 2016

exfoliates without irritation, makes skin smooth, fades scars, reduces wrinkles.

Definitely works!
Reviewed on November 9, 2015

Burns like a mother, but works like a CHARM! Would have given it 5 stars if it didn't burn so badly!!

Edit on 3/19/16: This does not burn my skin AT ALL anymore. When I first started using this I did not wait the full month, like Dan recommends. I now have been using the regimen for 4 months and I use the AHA moisturizer every other night and it doesn't burn at all. Just a very mild tingle. Still highly recommend this!! The longer I use it the better my skin looks :)

LISTEN PLEASE READ
Reviewed on February 19, 2016

LISTEN TO ME. THIS BURNED ME LIKE CRAZY. LIKE HOT PEPPER ON MY SKIN. HORIBBLE ORRIBLE. I LISTEN TO THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER. ALL THAT BULL ABOUT IT BEING HYDRATING IS SH*T. I WA CRYING ON THE FLOOR LITERALLY OF HOW MUCH IT BURNED. FIRE ANTS.

by Robswife2 on 02/21/2016 01:39
Did u stay on the regimen for a full month before starting to use the AHA?
by PrettyVise on 03/08/2016 16:09
Grow a pair!
AHA++
Reviewed on February 16, 2016

Over time, this has definitely my go to product in the Acne.org product line. Now that the regimen has kept my skin clear, I use the AHA+ more often to help with the inevitable signs of aging, especially in my forehead area. It also helps to maintain moisture and keep my skin in check when I don't have an opportunity to get in the full regimen. I absolutely adore AHA+ and am ecstatic that it now comes in the 16oz bottle. The 8oz lasts me forever and now I really don't have to worry about running out with the 16oz.

Number 1 product for any kind of acne
Reviewed on February 1, 2016

Leaves complexion much smoother and more breathable. Since i started using it, Its been clearing my acne nice and slowly. Most body acne is gone. Started 2 weeks ago. It's my last step in my acne regimen. Start with the lerosette clay mask. Then while am in the shower i use safflower oil with clove oil, replaces benzoil peraxide. I use a cleanser that has jojoba and macadamia oil. Finish it of with Glycolic acid.

not for me
Reviewed on January 27, 2016

it might be work for other but not for me i got burnt and a little bit rash all over after 2days using

My secret skin care product
Reviewed on December 21, 2015

This is my secret skin care product. It exfoliate my facial skin and body too. It gives my face nice glow, smooth and help to get rid of dark spot if combine with whitening product. If this is your fist time using AHA 10%, please mix it with moisturizer then you can increase the amount of AHA gradually. Your skin needs time to take 10% AHA.

by 379294_1443950561 on 03/05/2016 07:56
I have a question for you...What is the whitening product you use? Also, if I may ask, what do you exfoliate with?
To The Silicone Sensitive: Beware
Reviewed on December 20, 2015

I was hoping to find a silver lining with this one. I have this AHA+ multiple chances and have broken out each time. Nothing horrendous, but definitely some nasty little bumps and tons of clogged pores. I was really hoping this would work as it's hard to find a lotion that compliments my cloggy skin. On the upside, I absolutely loved the moisture and the softness this added to my skin.I am almost certain I wouldn't have any trouble if it wasn't for the magical ingredient "Cyclomethicone". If you are extremely sensitive to this ingredient or any of the "cones" this may not work for you. Silicone sensitivity is rarely talked about. And unfortunately, it's in almost everything! Consider ditching this ingredient from your face lotions, washes, ointments etc. and see if you a see a difference! I sure do.

by FinerDeadline on 04/04/2016 16:15
This product made my skin break out for a few weeks after I started using it, which I have had happen in the past with other strong exfoliants. It takes time to notice positive results from it but if you give it a chance it is worth it. I have been using it for about two months and my skin initially broke out repeatedly but has finally cleared.
Great Results if you're not allergic to Glyceryl Stearate!
Reviewed on December 17, 2015

After some trial & error and research, I've concluded that I'm allergic to one of the ingredients: Glyceryl Monostearate/Glyceryl Stearate. Less than 1% of people have this reaction. I'll explain a little... I had been using this with Acne.org's AHA and BP with MUCH success for about 6 months with no reaction. So, when my eyes swelled and got scaly, red, & sore patches around them along with dry, cracking and bleeding skin in the corners of my mouth, I didn't think these products were the culprit. Eventually, I did change everything... No bp, no aha, changed make-up, changed everything. My skin started to heal.

Because I had been using my products for a long time before this reaction, the culprit became difficult to pinpoint. I always remember my mom having sensitive skin. I discussed my new issues with her, and she revealed that she didn't have any skin sensitivity issues until sometime in her 30's, which was when I started to have problems. So, it would seem possible to develop an allergy and become sensitive to something that never caused issue before.

Over the next few years, I developed a completely new regime that wasn't as effective as the Acne.org's BP/AHA/moisture but also didn't freak my face out. My initial thought was that it had to be the bp or aha causing sensitivity. AHA is notorious for being intolerable to some. When I would get a break out, I'd spot treat with acne.org's AHA and BP, and I'd start to feel the inklings of a reaction- patches under my eyes, itching, watery eyes... Then, I started just spot treating with the BP; that was ok. Eventually, I worked back up to using it all over every night. Other than normal BP dryness, I experienced no allergic action.

I came to the (false) conclusion that it was AHA causing harm; however, I still longed for the BP/AHA results I had before my skin went crazy. I did some research on AHA's and found that people could better tolerate them when a blend of AHA's were used. I started on the (ridiculously expensive) Drunk Elephant Glycolic (AHA) serum. I've used that for months, until my first bottle was gone. Things were going well. No reactions.

And now, we come back around to the Acne.org moisturizer. After months of being on the same regime (BP/Drunk Elephant AHA/same cosmetics, etc), I decided to revisit Acne.org's moisturizer. Last night, I used the moisturizer, and I woke up with swollen, watery eyes and itchy skin- all the same reactions I had years before and with Acne.org's AHA. I compared the ingredient list of both harm causing products (Acne.org's AHA and Moisturizer), and found 3 common ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Licochalcone, and Glyceryl Stearate. Butylene Glycol was also present in Drunk Elephant's AHA; I ruled that ingredient out. I researched Licochalcone and found no evidence of it as an allergen. Additionally, it's a great product for soothing sensitive skin reactions. When I researched Butylene Glycol, I found that some people can have terrible reactions. It is rare, but if you find yourself reacting to Acne.org's AHA and/or Moisturizer. This very likely could be the culprit.

On my way to better skin!
Reviewed on October 29, 2015

So I've never in my 20 years had acne. But recently I started breaking out. Probably because of stress, diet and hormonal imbalance. This made me feel insecure as I was previously used to people around me envying my skin and asking me for tips.

I know I should've worked on my diet and all that but i wanted a fast fix. I read about this site online and was excited to try out the regimen. However, I don't really apply much chemicals on my face soo I only switched to cetaphil cleanser which is an alternative to the acne.org cleanser and also brought this item. It's been about 5 days now and I can feel my skins texture getting smoother and softer!

I'm breaking my rules! I'm gonna get the Treatment too! 😭💸 take my money and give me my clear skin back!