Page 2 of Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 309 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

two weeks in
Reviewed on April 1, 2015

Burns and itches a little when I apply it but it's over a week and I see results. Have bad cystic acne on my back and get occasional breakouts on my face. Cystic acne is subsiding already. And face has stayed clear. Try this out if benzoyl peroxide didn't work well for you. Also I've only been using the this product. No combination of products.

Yesss it works
Reviewed on February 23, 2015

The treatment works well yess and I luuuv it. But I have one question regarding the AHA. Does the AHA effects the skin color or it's because of the too dryness. Cuz only around my mouth my skin started to rashes. i hate this darkness in this area. Is it normal ? Its my 3rd week btw. If its not .. Is it recommended to apply it only on the acne rather than the whole face.

It works
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

Stings but works. What else can I say? Great product that seems to really penetrate the skin. I would only use it once a day at most but works very week when you feel you need an extra kick of exfoliation.

Works wonders!
Reviewed on January 19, 2015

I've had icepick scarring for years after a bad breakout, and this has helped reduce the depth and size after a few treatments! I use this every other day and I've been using it for about three weeks. The difference is incredible-- you can't even tell I have scars when I wear foundation, and my skin is much more smooth and overall has a better tone. This has become a staple product to my routine and I'm so glad I found it.

The Best AHA On The Market
Reviewed on January 13, 2015

I love this stuff! I am an RN and licensed esthetician, and have tried almost every AHA out there. The buck stops here for sure. I have dealt with angry cystic acne for most of my life, and this AHA stops it in its tracks. Nothing I have ever tried calms and deflates acne faster than this product. Combined with Dan's BP, it cuts the healing time in half, at the very least. Used together, they are amazingly effective at preventing breakouts, and do not contain parabens which is awesome. Unfortunately, it won't work for everyone because we are all different, but in my case my skin is like night and day. I have been using it for about 5 years now, and I won't ever go back. Good luck everyone!

Oily skin, big pores, hormonal acne, hyper pigmentation
Reviewed on November 4, 2014

Ever since I hit 20 I have been suffering from hormonal breakouts (at first I had lots and lots on my cheeks which has left me with hyper pigmentation). I have treated my acne with eating healthy and natural, topical things like black african soap and turmeric. I still get pimples, but I am stuck with a uneven skin tone and hyper pigmentation which makes my skin look far worse than it actually is! Turmeric and lemon juice has helped lighten the marks but I just need that one kick to help my skin. I have oily skin and big pores, so my face is prone to acne if I wear makeup or irritate it. I stumbled upon AHA while searching about hyper pigmentation...I had never heard of it before and actually thought the price of this AHA+ was pretty expensive, but it was worth a go if all the reviews were so good, right!? Last night was my third night wearing it. I was expecting it to sting my face like a lot of the other reviewers said, but it hasn't. My skin seems to like it. When I wake up, my skin looks so much better. It's calmed the pimples I had from a week of eating junk food. My skin looks more even! I'm only giving it 4 stars because I'm only on day 3. But I will update later and let you know if it's changed my skin and helped the red spots disappear! So far I'm loving it. I really hope this is everything I've been looking for!

by amy27 on 11/18/2014 17:09
2 weeks later, your thoughts? :)
by H53913 on 12/13/2014 04:26
Sorry for the late response! I have been using this about 2-4 times a week. If I have a pimple, I'll put this on at night and in the morning my skin is usually healed about 80%! It's worked pretty well for me! If your debating whether or not to try it, I'd give it a chance. I was not expecting it to work so well for me, but it has! I definitely noticed an improvement with my hyper pigmentation. It's not completely gone but it's getting there. I will be buying this again :)
by H53913 on 12/13/2014 04:30
Oh and just to clarify, when I put it on I don't use it as a spot treatment, I just put it all over my face, like a face lotion. Makes my face much smoother looking!
by pleasehelppp on 01/23/2015 22:30
Any updates? Ive been using this for 2 weeks morning and night and my skin has cleared and evened out alot but woke up with a red bump on my troubled area last night
by IamRhondaRenee on 03/25/2015 19:28
Can we please have an update as of today? I am only 1 week into the Regimen and I have 3 more weeks before I can add AHA to the Regimen. I am just curious of your results so far. Thank you!
A great addition to BP
Reviewed on November 2, 2014

I started using this AHA about 6-8 months ago to supplement Dan's BP. I purchased it, as I was looking to lessen the pigmentation and discoloration from my cystic acne that was still lingering. Although I didn't notice that the AHA did much to help the pigmentation (that went away on its own over time), I still highly recommend this product for 3 reasons:

1. It gives my face an overall healthy glow that people have commented on since I started to use it.

2. I use it as a spot treatment if a pimple starts and it crushes it in its tracks.

3. I have just started using it half and half w/ my Oil of Olay and I love the way it feels as an overall moisturizer.

To note: this may sting a bit when you first use it so don't go overkill on the quantity and I do notice that my face will sunburn quicker w/ this on so use caution.

Worth it
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

Gets rid of most (85%) of my severe acne. Worth a try.

by gCastello on 01/09/2015 04:04
How do you use it? I mean dosage, application, in conjunction with the regime, etc ? Thank you.
Its good buy it!
Reviewed on October 13, 2014

I was initially really hesitant to add this to my routine (I have been following Daniel Kerns 3-Step system, but only using it in the evenings with a light moisturizer in the morning), but I can say it has made a huge difference! The flakiness that I was experiencing is drastically reduced and my skin tone is more even overall. Its not going to give you perfect skin, but it will help! ONE THING, I mix this 50/50 with Daniel Kern's moisturizer. I feel like this is the reason I have not had bad reactions to this product. Also, DO NOT GET NEAR YOUR EYES. It will be bad!

Love it
Reviewed on September 30, 2014

I've been using this for about 4 months now. It's great. Gets rid of all of my dry skin. It does burn the majority of the days I use it, but I can deal with it. I also feel like my hyperpigmintation is slowly fading since I started using this.