Page 2 of Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 289 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

The best part of my nightly routine!
Reviewed on April 10, 2014

I've been using this product at night for about one month as part of my acne.org routine and it has done wonders to my skin. The acne.org kit had been working but once I added the AHA+, my skin started looking and feeling incredible. I would recommend this product to anyone following the regimen. Take your skin to the next level! This also works great after shaving to help prevent ingrown hairs and handle any irritation.

Best AHA!
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

I mix a little bit of AHA+ with my Acne.org Moisturizer at night and my skin looks even clearer.. or better? I definitely recommend this product if you have been on the Regimen for about a month or so. I don't use it as a moisturizer since my skin is sensitive so it can cause redness or dry skin... So mixing a little bit with the moisturizer has giving me great results! You also get a lot for the price! Which might be a con for me since I don't use a lot in the evening..!

Let's see how this goes
Reviewed on February 14, 2014

I just received my bottle of AHA today after anxiously waiting on it . It has dozens of great reviews so I have very high expectations . I just washed my face with Dan's cleanser , applied the BP , & then mixed half lotion & half AHA . As soon as I applied the mix to my skin it started to sting really bad . I've been on the regimen for almost 2 months so I'm surprised my skin reacted the way it did . My skin did not turn red from irritation like I expected , but it did sting horribly . I'll repeat tomorrow night at bedtime . Perhaps it just needs to get used to it .

by PlasticGoth on 03/18/2014 14:29
I'd suggest start with adding a drop of AHA to your moisturizer and then slowly increasing the dose, and see how it goes.
My #1 Skin Product!
Reviewed on January 29, 2014

This is by far the best product I use for my skin. If I could choose only one product to use, this would be it, besides soap. I have been using this everyday for about 2 years. It keeps the dead skin exfoliated and skin looking fresh. It does not irritate or dry my skin. I cleanse my face and neck, then liberally apply the lotion. I leave it on the skin for about 20-30 minutes until it starts to dry slightly. Then, I work it into the skin, loosening all the dead cells (the dead skin comes right off into my hand). Then I take a warm, soft wash cloth and rinse it away. My skin feels fresh and balanced, and make up goes on much smoother. Since using this though, I feel like I don't even need make up because it has evened out my skin so much. I can't say enough about how much I love this stuff!! It is like a chemical peel that is gentle enough to use daily! Please don't ever discontinue this product!!!

Great spot treatment
Reviewed on January 5, 2014

I have been using AHA as a moisturizer and occasionally as a spot treatment. The spot treatment works really well for me. If I feel a pimple coming, I put a little on the area and within one or two days, the arising pimple is gone!

Gives baby smooth skin!
Reviewed on December 22, 2013

I am absolutely in love with this product! So so amazing, my skin is so soft now that I have been using this. I use this everyday it does not irritate my skin at all. Sometimes I skip the BP and just put this on at night and it still works like magic. I still get like 1 or 2 little pimples nothing like before though, and when I do get 1 I just put this on and boom! gone pretty fast like 1 or 2 days the pimple is gone. I do still have acne scars which aren't really that bad but I wish this would get rid of them, I don't know if it will, but I think maybe giving it some more time will help, I've been using the regimen for 3 months and my face hasn't looked so clean and clear like it does now! I had tried Retin A, ProActive, Contraceptive pills,and other things prescribed by a dermatologist and nothing seemed to work for me and I spent so much money on useless products until I came across this website! Thank God for Dan! Wish I could have found this earlier in my life. I am 25 years old now and finally feel comfortable in my skin after so many years of struggling with acne, there would be days I didn't even want to take one foot out of the door because my face looked so bad to me.I will definitely keep using AHA+ and the BP. I had also bought the Dan's Lotion, which I do not like at all because it does not moisturize my skin, and I do no like the consistency of it, I also have Dan's facewash , which I will not be purchasing again either, the lotion I use is cetaphyl(doesn't clog my pores at all and does very good moisturizing my skin) and I use the brand SIMPLE facewash. I 100% recommend AHA+ it really has been like magic in a bottle for me !

by jennaollie on 01/04/2014 18:43
Does this help get rid of dead or flakey skin??
by glee12 on 07/18/2014 05:09
@jennaollie- No, AHA is an acid. If anything it will make your skin more dry. I suggest adding a drop of jojoba oil to your moisturizer and seeing how that works.
by glee12 on 07/18/2014 05:09
Miracle in a bottle
Reviewed on October 28, 2013

I highly recommend this product! I'm in my early twenties and once I turned 21, I began having acne all over my forehead and later, mild cystic acne on my cheeks. I've tried everything from holistic methods to anything with a rave review online. Nothing worked and my confidence started wearing off. I was frustrated. As a last desperate attempt to get my old skin back, I tried a BHA (salicylic acid) peel that just aggravated my acne and left me with deep, hyper-pigmented scars.

Then I read about the benefits of alpha hydroxy acid and I purchased Dan's AHA+. I followed his instructions very carefully. After washing my face with a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil), applying Dan's benzoyl peroxide treatment, and using AHA+ twice a day, I haven't felt a pimple form in weeks. The AHA also helps treat my existing acne and fade hyper-pigmentation left by previous acne. It also simultaneously moisturizes my skin. Seriously. Miracle in a bottle.

There are of course some precautions to take before trying a new treatment like AHA+:

First, it's important to have a regular regimen and try it out for a long time to see if it actually works. Sometimes it takes the skin weeks to adjust to a new chemical, especially if it's a chemical like AHA which behaves differently from BHAs (commonly salicylic acid). In the time that you are getting used to the regimen, it's possible that you may experience dry skin which can worsen acne, but be patient! Perfectly clear skin doesn't happen in 3 weeks. Sometimes it takes an entire year. It's also important to be diligent with a skin care regimen. There is simply no exceptions to cleaning, treating and moisturizing your skin on a daily basis for clear skin.

Finally, my biggest advice is to not touch or pick at your face. When you touch your face, not only are you introducing bacteria, oils and dirt to your pores, you are also aggravating skin cells which causes inflammation which causes acne. If you're like me and you can't resist picking at your face when you stand in front of a mirror, it's possible that you are causing your acne. I know. It sucks. That's why it's very important to wash your hand between each step in your regimen and to try not to touch other things (like your phone which carries lots of bacteria) before moving on to the next step.

Overall, my review of Dan's AHA+ is positive and I wholeheartedly recommend anyone who is looking for something that really works. I finally found a solution to my acne and I hope you do too!

by jennaollie on 01/04/2014 18:46
does it help with flakey or dry skin?
Best to fade hyper pigmentation!
Reviewed on November 22, 2013

It really helps fade hyper pigmentation fast. it also made my skin look brighter and fresh.

by glee12 on 07/18/2014 17:47
How soon did it take for your hyperpigmentation to go away? Did all of it vanish or most of it?
Really good
Reviewed on November 14, 2013

I was a bit nervous about using this after I read experiences of people who had gotten clogged pores from using it... my skin seems to clog with just about anything. But I was lucky to not have any clogging with this product, and no purging either.

It makes my skin very soft. I have seen a bit of improvement with the red spots on my face but they're definitely still there. However, they were super red, and all over my face (basically like a huge sunburn) so I can see it is going to be a while till they fade entirely. But this product is certainly helping.

Pretty bad
Reviewed on November 6, 2013

I ordered this because of all the amazing reviews and when it came I was pretty excited. My dry skin and flakes have been bad since I started the Regimen about three months ago, so I thought this would help. I diluted with my regular moisturizer, applied only at night, and made sure to wear sunscreen during the day. While this did help the flakes come off easier, it also took my skin from almost clear to horrifying. After only three days I have tons of new zits and the burning after application keeps me up at night. Part of me wants to believe this is purging, but if it isn't I'll feel like an idiot for continuing to use a product that's wrecking my skin like Miley Cyrus. On the forums they say that all these good reviews mean nothing and even if this does work it is no "Miracle Product" as so many people claim, which makes me reluctant to believe things will turn around. I might pick this up again during winter break (after Christmas pictures) but for now I'm convinced it would be less irritating to exfoliate by clawing at my face with grimy fingernails. If you do want to try this, please be cautious and only apply a little at first. If your skin isn't completely clear already it might not be for you.

I forgot to mention that some of my clogged pores seemed to open up with this so that i could grab the tip of the plug with tweezers and very slowly pull it out of my skin. I like to think this whole ordeal was worth it just for that gross but extremely gratifying experience.

by CaliPoppy on 11/14/2013 06:22
Glycolic acid chemically exfoliates the top layer of skin. Benzoyl peroxide is a peeling agent meaning it also exfoliates. When using the 2 it's very easy to give yourself a chemical burn. Using AHA 1-2x a week should be more than enough. Especially if you have sensitive skin which most acne sufferers do. Hope this was helpful! Good luck!