Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 366 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Best thing for smooth textured skin
Reviewed on March 18, 2017

I use the whole acne.org regimen and this AHA lotion is a very necessary component. I mix it with my moisturizer to use after benzoyl peroxide every night and it (along with the rest of the regimen) keeps my skin flake-free and smooth. PLEASE introduce this product gradually and according to instructions! It stung a little bit at first, but my skin quickly adjusted. I've been using it for 8 months and couldn't be more pleased. By the way, I am a woman in my 50s with extremely oily skin. The acne.org regimen is the ONLY thing that has worked so well and I've been trying all kinds of prescription and OTC products for 40 years.

Help
Reviewed on February 26, 2017

I have been on the regimen for about a month now and for the most part, the side effects have subsided. I haven't experienced any redness for a while and I ocassionally experience some dryness but NOTHING compared to how dry and flaky my skin was. I would smile and my face would literally crack. I've heard many good things about AHA and I'm wondering if now would be a good time to start or if I should wait a little longer. I'm only doing the regimen once a day as of now and seems to be working just fine. I want to know if I should start AHA already, and how/when to apply it with the regimen. Also the side effect please ! I mostly have scars now but no active acne

AHA+
Reviewed on February 17, 2017

Can someone tell me how much of the AHA should I use. I have the tube and I'm going to be using it full 2 days a week. But I do not know how much from the tube is equivalent to replace the 2 pumps of moisturizer.

by taylornicole95 on 02/20/2017 17:44
I use a dime sized amount!
AHA burn
Reviewed on February 5, 2017

I've been using the regimen for a month and yesterday I put on AHA, but I didn't dilute it and it "burned" my skin. What should I do? Do I treat it like a sunburn?

by taylornicole95 on 02/09/2017 19:03
Hold off on AHA until the burn goes away, once you start using it again dilute it with your facial moisturizer/oil. use it every other night once a day. best of luck to you!
by coco_laflare on 02/11/2017 03:27
What you can do is use just a pinch of AHA with your moisturizer. So about a nickel size amount in your palm but having it consist of half AHA and half moisturizer. Works great for me
Smooth and glowing
Reviewed on February 3, 2017

My acne prone skin is normally pretty sensitive. Naturally with the ingredient glycolic ACID I was a little hesitant about trying it out. I'm so happy I did. Although I still have moderate acne, my skin that's not affected by the acne is incredibly smooth and glowing. A lot of reviews on here mention that the product burns, but I've noticed that my skin only burned while using this with the acne.org regimen. While on the regimen my skin was EXTREMELY dry and irritated so I definitely felt the AHA when applied after the BP. At night I currently use a Neutrogena cleanser and then mix in the AHA with a Neutrogena moisturizer and it doesn't burn AT ALL. Regardless I think it's worth adding into your current skin care routine, I saw results after one use :)

HELP! Really Red Face with AHA
Reviewed on January 30, 2017

I've been using the regimen for around 5 and a half months and have been using the AHA every two days for the past 2-3 months. I have seen significant changes in my skin for the better but the past two days (Friday and Tonight(Sunday)) when I've put the AHA on at full as I usually do, my skin has literally felt like my skin is being singed. This has not happened since I've started using the regimen so I'm confused why I'm experiencing it now? It turns my face really red and kind of like a tan but I'm really confused why it's now all of the sudden doing this. Any tips please?? I don't believe I'm doing anything different since I first started using it. Help!!!

by Abhishek17 on 01/31/2017 15:45
Please use good amount of Moisturizer and add 10 drops of Jajoba Oil. I had same experience. AHA is strong. You need to dilute or hydrate your skin equivalent to that. Avoid Direct Sun Exposure ( MUST IF YOU ARE USING AHA , Use Sun Screen ), Relax..Do not panic...You will see all getting fine in 3 days.
Question??
Reviewed on January 24, 2017

Hello ive been using the regimen for a month and so far I love it... I also bought the AHA but since I have sensitive skin I want to be sure when its best to start using it? I dont want to irritate my face. Is it safe to start using it if ive been on the regimen for a month already??? 🤔☺

by taylornicole95 on 01/26/2017 20:00
hey girl! it is suggested to begin using the AHA one month into the regimen. I've been on the regimen for about 3 months now and I just started using the AHA two nights ago and I can already tell in difference in my skins texture. it is so smooth and even looking already. but I'm experiencing some redness/itch here and there. but im sure that's normal with my sensitive skin. hope this helped!
by Abhishek17 on 01/31/2017 15:47
Please use AHA. 1 Pump of AHA + 1 Pump of Moisturizer + 10 drops of Jajoba Oil. You will not feel much sting. Please Please avoid direct sun exposure while using AHA. Use Sun Screen ..If you use the way i mentioned, you will not have single issue. AHA is excellent product ..
SO GOOD
Reviewed on December 21, 2016

I've been using the Regimen for just under 2 months and it has taken my oily, splotchy, irritated, acne-laden skin and made it so much clearer and calmer. I'm still breaking out, but with much less frequency, and the pimples I am still getting tend to be much smaller and quicker to resolve. I did experience the flakiness and redness for the first month as I got used to the BP, and if I use significantly more than usual at a time it can still end up red and irritated, but for the most part that effect has subsided. I used SO much jojoba oil mixed in with the moisturizer during that first month; this surprised me, given how oily my face has been historically, but the daily BP use reversed that reeeeeeal quick. I still had a lot of dark spots and scars and a generally pinkish skin tone that I wanted to get rid of, so I added in the AHA a few weeks ago. Full disclosure, it STUNG the first time I put it on after the BP dried. It felt like my skin was actively burning. I have somewhat sensitive skin, and I was thinking I wouldn't be able to handle this product, but I decided to experiment with it and I've found a way that makes it work for me! I've ended up either using it half-strength whenever I apply the BP all over, or using it full-strength during the daytime with minimal to no BP, and that is making a massive difference in my skin tone and texture. It's much smoother and less red, and the flaking is more or less gone. And, while I still have dark spots, they seem to be starting to fade. This regimen is a godsend for someone like me, who's suffered from pretty substantial acne for the past 15 years and tried everything under the sun to get rid of it. I finally don't feel the need to use foundation as a camouflage for my skin issues, and it's been the most liberating thing to go outside without makeup and not feel self-conscious about my face! 100% recommend!

Need help
Reviewed on December 13, 2016

I don't have severe acne, or active acne I just have lingering red dots and scars. I was googling, how to get rid of acne scars and ranned into acne.org and it showed me this product the aha + glycolic. So I bought it, I haven't used it yet because I'm not sure if it's safe to just start off with just using this product. Or even how to use this product. Any advice?

by magic on 12/13/2016 10:39
Why have you posted a bad review for a product you have never used? This could be the best product you have ever used and you have rated it as the worst product you have ever used.
by ShowySunfish on 12/13/2016 18:05
J just need help using it ?
No more harsh scrubbing!
Reviewed on November 29, 2016

I was convinced I had to scrub my face with a rough scrub to get it smooth, how wrong was I!!?? I use this every second night and my skin has never looked or felt better, it is so smooth with none of the redness I got with irritating scrubs. A perfect product :) I use in conjunction with the acne.org regime.