Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 290 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Love it
Reviewed on September 30, 2014

I've been using this for about 4 months now. It's great. Gets rid of all of my dry skin. It does burn the majority of the days I use it, but I can deal with it. I also feel like my hyperpigmintation is slowly fading since I started using this.

Not for my skin
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

I was so excited about this product but unfortunately my skin did not agree with it. It seemed to reverse the progress achieved from using the Benzyl Peroxide. Little rashes all over my skin, totally broke me out....

Perfection!
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

The results are amazing. It gets rid of flakes, moisturizes, gives me a healthy glow, fades scars, and just makes my skin go from Pasty to Porcelain. I started off mixing a pea size amount to my moisturizer and built up to where I can use a full finer length. Please try this if you already are using the rest of the Regimen! It's also an amazing spot treatment. Dab an extra amount on the active zits at night and they'll be GONE by morning! The texture is amazing too. It is soothing and feels nice going on after the BP. The light, silky products soaks in quickly. You will feel a little burning your first few days of using it. Don't let it scare you. The results will be amazing skin and that side affect goes away after using this a week or two.

Take you skin from clearing up to
Reviewed on July 12, 2014

This is the comment a co-worker gave me today, she asked me, "What are you doing with you skin?? It looks sooo great, like porcelain!"

This is the very first time in my life during my 18 year journey of acne have I ever been complemented on my skin.

I knew right away I had to write a review on the AHA+ product. This is the key to taking my skin to where I want it to be. I have only been using the AHA for about 1.5-2 weeks now. But it has evened out my skin tone, flattened my skin indefinitely, and has gotten rid of a lot of gunk.

I encourage you to use this product along side the benzoyl peroxide. But I think that you should apply the AHA after you are clearing up. The AHA works as a scar treatment/skin evener.

Great product. 5/5

Uh
Reviewed on June 25, 2014

I've been looking for treatments for years. I've had success with some but discontinued use because it got so expensive. I've tried all the major OTC, popular brands, even prescriptions. I have to treat face, back and chest. And I don't over use anything, either. I always follow the products' instructions. And the products usually work, but they run out so quickly! I was hooked on wanting to use The Regimen until I saw the price! Jesus. How long does this stuff last? Can anyone tell me? I want clear skin, but not for $80 a month. I'm 17, middle class. I've got a car to pay for. How can I afford that?

by scggh6 on 06/26/2014 04:01
The 3-step regimen is only $44, and I find that it's lasting me around 6 weeks rather than a month.
by trickblu on 07/09/2014 18:03
To add to scggh6's comment -- It's also important to remember that every person is different. Some people need the full application of the regimen, twice a day. Others only need apply once a day or in smaller doses to see results. It all depends on how your body reacts to the products. My 16 oz. regimen products last for months at a time because I fall into the second category. I probably spend about $150 per year at most.
Just started out.
Reviewed on June 20, 2014

Hello Everyone,

So, I have been on the regimen for years, but decided to begin using the AHA to help even my skin tone, and help clear some hyperpigmentation. So I have been the acne.org products using half AHA and Moisturizer at night for a week now, and noticed today that my face is really itchy. So, now I am getting a bit nervous, should I tone down on the AHA, or stop using all together for a few days? Anyone else experience this advice would help, thank you.

by TadderAnne on 08/18/2014 10:40
The itchiness generally comes from dry skin. I'd say that's pretty normal for just starting out with AHA. As long as it isn't severe and /or causing intense redness or causing you to itch and irritate your skin, I'd say you're fine. Otherwise, try alternating the half moisturizer and half AHA with just your moisturizer every other night. Do what works for you! I would caution you against stopping any acne treatment based on minor skin irritation like itchiness or burning. That's just how it goes until your skin adjusts and you may miss out on clear skin if you don't give it the "break-in" period it needs. Good luck!
AWESOMENESS!
Reviewed on June 13, 2014

With each use, my skin becomes smoother and smoother. I've dealt with hyper-pigmentation most of my life, as I'm one of the lucky ones. But now that my skin is acne-free from the benzoyl peroxide, my scars are now also starting to fade. Also, my clogged pores are pretty much gone.

Bottom line: Give it a go!

Day 1
Reviewed on June 1, 2014

So I tried AHA+ for the first time today, and was horribly frightened by the immediate stinging and itchiness that commenced after applying the gel after I finished cleansing and using the BP. As soon as I slathered a bit on my cheek and began to move to my forehead, I felt a little stinging which got WORSE within a few seconds. It got to the point where I wanted to wash my face and take it off (and this literally transpires less than 10 seconds after applying the AHA+). I gently blotted my forehead of the AHA+ with my towel, and then GENEROUSLY applied DK's moisturizer on the areas which had AHA+ on it and to the rest of my face. I've been using the Regimen for over a month now but I guess my face isn't ready for the full effect of AHA+ without the moisturizer yet. My advice to those out there-- don't be reckless. The directions say to use a bit at first and see how your skin reacts to the product and THEN proceed to increase the dosage. Don't be a hero, take your time and learn what your skin can handle and not what you THINK it can handle. I'll continue to use the AHA+ (in moderation and mixed with the moisturizer) of course and hopefully I'll be able to achieve what others have-- a solution to the embarrassing problem of severely dry and flaky skin and even toned glowing skin. I'll make sure to write another review on the product in the coming future. I'm hoping for the best, so wish me luck!

Love it.
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

I love how this products feels on my face. I get the nice "tingly" feeling that lets me know its working!

Shipping is extremely slow
Reviewed on May 16, 2014

Its FedEx, was excited to use this product and its been 8 days since it was shipped out, and it still says 4 days left from California to NY. I always get stuff from california usually through UPS, and it never takes more than 3-4 days TOPS, even with standard shipping. I really suggest Acne.org goes over to UPS, they are so much faster. Anyways, after using the regimen for about 2 weeks now 99% of my acne is gone however im left with lots of red marks, thats why i ordered this product. My skin feels smooth and absolutely no bumpbs or pimples ever since i started using the regimen. Now just left with lots of red spots...