Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 312 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)

AHA+ cured my bacne
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

This stuff really works - here's my experience with it. I had persistent back acne that started up at about age 14, eventually becoming more severe, with cysts on my shoulders and light acne on my lower back and chest. I tried various body washes and scrubs that didn't have much of an effect, and briefly tried the Acne.org AHA+/BP routine, but had to stop using it because the BP was bleaching my clothes.

Finally about six months ago, still dealing with active acne and residual scarring all over my upper back, I decided to give the AHA+ another go. Although I only used it once every other day after showering (versus 2x a day as per the regimen), I quickly began to notice a difference in the texture of my skin. The change was slow - don't expect results overnight, or even in 2 weeks. However, eventually my active acne decreased dramatically, down to 2 or 3 spots instead of 20-30, and the scars began to fade. Fast forward to this summer and my back looks better than I ever thought it would, clear of acne and relatively smooth. I was even able to wear a bridesmaids dress in my friend's wedding - the first time in 7 or 8 years that I had been able to show my shoulders in public. While I don't consider myself "healed" of the internal causes of my acne, AHA has given me skin that I don't have to be embarrassed of, and I could not be happier with it. Thank you Dan!

Tips for use: As a side note, AHA can be somewhat tricky to use, since it is a thick lotion and absorbs slowly. The routine that has worked best for me is to use Dan's cleanser in the shower to clear my pores, then gently towel dry and use a hairdryer on my back to get it as dry as possible. This helps the AHA absorb faster, since there's no water in your skin/pores. Then after applying about 2 pumps and rubbing it in gently, I use the hairdryer again for a few seconds to help speed along the drying process. After putting on AHA, I recommend wearing a shirt you don't care about, like an oversized T. It takes about an hour for the AHA to completely absorb, and it can leave a yellow residue on shirts.

a little goes a long way
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

It's been two months since I started using glycolic acid once a day and my skin is significantly more well-behaved and clear. My scars (from picking - you can pop, but DON'T pick) are also disappearing. I'm 26 years old and had moderate acne due mostly to overly sensitive skin (it's usually on the side of my face that I sleep on).

My personal regimen is: Neutrogena Acne Cream Wash with salicylic acid (no exfoliating beads, that's just more irritation) in the morning. Then I mix a tiny amount of glycolic acid - I'm talking like half a pea here - in with Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion and apply to my whole face except close to my eyes and lips. The ratio that works for me is such that I hardly feel the glycolic acid "tingle." If I use too much, my skin freaks out. There is a happy medium in there somewhere. I never put it on directly, except maybe as an occasional spot treatment. Wear sunscreen if necessary. Before bed, I do another salicylic cream wash. Everything I put on my face is non-comedogenic.

Overall I feel SO much better about my skin; the only time I ever really break out is just a little during my cycle. It's calmer and less volatile. I just had to find a gentle, consistent routine with the right medicated products and my skin fell into line. Try it!

P.S. I have a slightly bizarre presentation of seasonal allergies - they trigger eczema on and around my eyelids. If you have eczema, make sure glycolic acid goes nowhere near it; the last thing that skin needs is even more exfoliation.

Definitely works but burns skin and corrodes plastic (it will ruin your glasses.)
Reviewed on July 29, 2015

First of all, I use about 1/4 to 1/2 the recommended amount. I think they recommend you use a lot so you have to buy more. A little goes a long way, especially when mixed with moisturizer.

I was having okay results with the Regimen and got the glycolic acid to try to kick it up a notch. It definitely worked! I get less acne than before and the acne I do get heals faster. It doesn't seem to help wit hyperpigmentation though.

The reason I can't give this 5/5 is because there was no warning that it's corrosive to plastic. DO NOT wear your glasses until this stuff is *completely* absorbed into your skin. My black frames now have disgusting white and yellow bubbles all over the parts that touch my face. Frames are expensive and are meant to last years, now I can't even wear mine to work.

Also, it is turning my eyebrows blonde at the tips, it looks weird but I don't care because my acne is better.

Great dupe for high end AHA+
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

I have been dabbling in the realm of acids by collecting various samples from Sephora, for example the night invigorating gel from Ole Hendriksen and the Peter Thomas AHA cream. Both are very good but quite pricey, so I started doing more research and found this one, and I couldn't say no to the price. I bought the travel size since I wanted to just try it out along with the moisturizer from this site, and with shipping it came to only $30! Which is still cheaper than one of the products from Sephora. I was scared it was going to break me out or be too harsh on my skin as I am with any product I try. But to my surprise it was quite gentle, it didn't even turn my face red!

Obviously it is best to apply a moisturizer on top since this is a treatment. I even wore this at night when I went to the beach for a weekend and my skin was fine (I did apply this only at night and applied sunscreen during the day). It has been a long time since I've seen my skin with such a nice texture. Now I'm just waiting for my hyperpigmentation to fade. I recommend that you try it out, everyone has different skin so I'm not saying it is fool proof but I'm lucky it works so well for me.

It's Good
Reviewed on June 29, 2015

It's pretty powerful, so I can't use it often. But after I do, my skin glows. It also helps with dryness.

The one thing that I don't like about this product is that mixing it with another moisturizer makes the combination extremely runny—to the point where it's like a liquid.

WOW ...just wow!!!
Reviewed on May 15, 2015

Seriously this stuff!!! I am a life long fan!! My first application was with some moisturiser over bp2.5 .....wasn't expecting much as I had to wipe everything off an hour later to put some makeup up (I can barely have anything on under makeup or just goes all weird!) My skin was incredible!! If you'd compared it to how it was on the morning you'd say it was someone else's skin - someone with amazing skin who has no acne - or pores and has regular facials!!

Can't recommend enough!!

Ps I used novopeel's glycolic acid 10%

AHA
Reviewed on May 7, 2015

amazing results....I combined this with the treatment and the results were fantastic.....

great!
Reviewed on May 3, 2015

its great! its basically a skin peeler that will make your skin softer, help keep your pores cleared, and helps with your acne. Its good after shaving as i usually get acne after shaving, using this afterward it keeps irritation induced acne at bay. This really helps me with exfloliating since my skin doesnt do that well and causes me acne. using this keeps my breakouts @ bay and my skin clear. great value and massive sizes.

Makes the skin so smooth
Reviewed on April 29, 2015

This stuff is so good. I have been using this for nearly 2 months for my hyper-pigmentation along with Dan's regimen. Even though there is no drastic improvement in the appearance of the acne marks, I can see that the marks are fading slowly. I shall religiously continue to apply to get the outmost benefit. Applying AHA overnight, my skin feels so soft. Even when I glide my hand across the face, it gives the baby soft texture.

I will come back and rate it 5, if I can see a noticeable improvement in my acne mark ;)

Results in ONE NIGHT!!
Reviewed on April 25, 2015

I've never had bad skin thankfully however, I've never had great skin. When I was younger, it was pretty greasy but I left it alone. In fact, I didn't actually start using face wash until I was 15. I didn't start wearing make up until I was 25. Even then , the use of both cleansers and cosmetics was pretty unstructured. When I got into my 30's I started "treating my skin right" and it's not been always a big help. I had a proactiv phase, because I had such congested skin. It was a beautiful few years with crystal clear, perfect skin. Then, as the story goes,all hell broke loose and my skin went to s*&#@ and I stopped using it.

My skin has never been the same. For years I've spent hundreds of dollars looking for cleansers toners moisturizers and treatments that might bring back that healthy glow I had in my early 30s (unfortunately while using Proactiv)

So I ordered this AHA. Salicylic acid and my skin do not get along. I find SA to be irritating and drying. However in the pursuit of clarity I tried many salicylic acid toners from Clinique to Paulas Choice to Stridex.

Last night, I used this BHA after cleansing. I mixed it with my moisturizer.

I woke up this morning to a more even toned complexion, lighter and slightly rosy, melasma was even faded a bit. Yes, I was dry when I woke up, but I think this aha may be what I havebeen seeking. I'll update in 3 weeks