AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
4.4/5 - 317 reviews

Write Your Review AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

The list of ingredients above is provided for informational purposes only. Always check the actual product label in your possession for the most accurate ingredient information due to product changes or upgrades that may not yet be reflected on our web site. AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
- AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Use it if you can stand the pain
Reviewed on November 9, 2015

Burns like a MOTHER, but works like a CHARM! Would have given it 5 stars if it didn't burn so badly!!

On my way to better skin!
Reviewed on October 29, 2015

So I've never in my 20 years had acne. But recently I started breaking out. Probably because of stress, diet and hormonal imbalance. This made me feel insecure as I was previously used to people around me envying my skin and asking me for tips.

I know I should've worked on my diet and all that but i wanted a fast fix. I read about this site online and was excited to try out the regimen. However, I don't really apply much chemicals on my face soo I only switched to cetaphil cleanser which is an alternative to the cleanser and also brought this item. It's been about 5 days now and I can feel my skins texture getting smoother and softer!

I'm breaking my rules! I'm gonna get the Treatment too! 😭💸 take my money and give me my clear skin back!

Persist beyond the initial two weeks and your acne will be cured.
Reviewed on October 7, 2015

This has almost single handedly saved my life and my skin. I was on the brink of suicide with regards to my severe cystic acne and and even more severe scarring (pitting and red marks on my brown Indian skin). Nonetheless I ordered the AHA with some remaining glimmer of hope that ok let me try one last thing before I give up.

On first use, this stung like hell and made my skin go beet red. But I could tell the texture of my skin was changing so I persisted. In the first week or two, I noticed some new pimples forming to my dismay. But old pimples were receeding! And the texture and feel of my skin again, was so ultra smooth. The way I used this in order to dilute the product was to cleanse (BTW best cleanser in the world for acne is from an Australian company called ASAP - gentle cleansing gel, also containing glycolic. removes makeup and does NOT cause acne, lifesaver in itself please try it) then apply Nivea creme in the blue container plus almond oil to my skin, then immediately apply AHA over this moisturiser. This is so the AHA doesn't sting as much and is diluted to allow the skin to take it easy but STILL gives you full benefits of the AHA. Please try to use it in this way before discounting the product.

Now I am at week 2.5 after starting the AHA and my skin is transformed. Only one new pimple, all other pimples have FADED. I'm not joking. I feel slowly some of my red scars are improving a little but I will need to use consistently for a few months before I can tell that for sure. Right now I use it every second night but when I use it every night I do see more benefits. I just don't want my skin to develop a tolerance to it by using every night. But this has saved my life and my skin. I just ordered an extra large pump dispenser of this. THANK YOU DAN!!!!!

EDIT - this is also excellent for people who tend to break out after hair removal e.g. waxing/threading on the face like me. Cleanse the area with witch hazel/alcohol prior to hair removal, then after hair removal slather on AHA (only if your skin is not too sensitive otherwise it will BURN). I get no breakouts anymore after hair removal so I'm a very happy camper :)

EDIT - spoke too soon. I'm still getting acne despite using AHA. Oh well. It wasn't the miracle for me after all. Definitely contemplating suicide now.

by sherrimaferlance-yahoo-com on 11/10/2015 03:48
Are you using the 2.5% Treatment as well? I don't think AHA alone will cure acne, but the Treatment is really good to cure it.
For perfect skin use this!
Reviewed on October 5, 2015

Ok so I started using the regimen a couple months ago and while my skin was clear of acne, I was left with really dry flaky tight skin which created an awful texture that was SUPER visible. I hated it as much as my acne, so I really wasn't feeling to happy about the results. I purchased this as it is recommended for fading post acne marks as well as getting rid of dry skin, i've been using this for a couple weeks in the evenings and omg, my skin not only isn't flaky and dry but it looks amazingly smooth! You wouldn't even know I'm an acne sufferer. I can't wait to see the results in a month because my spots are already fading and I love the way my skin looks! BUY THIS!!! and follow the instructions!

Great exfoliant and moisturiser all in 1!
Reviewed on September 30, 2015

After 3 weeks of using the Acne.Org regime, I couldn't help wonder why my skin was still so flaky despite using the moisturiser and jojoba provided. Initially I had stayed away from the AHA+ due to the fact that some people had said it was too strong for their skin and they were experiencing some stinging feeling from it, and I was scared. I'd previously used Proactive and those stinging pains didn't go away after sooooo long and I was deterred from using the AHA+. But I tried it on to just see if it could help the flakiness go away, and lo and behold, it did!!

Now I use it as a moisturiser instead as it works better for me. It has helped me achieved a smoother skin surface and I'm just super thankful for it! Hope it might work the same for the rest of us acne sufferers!

Acne is a thing of the past but AHA just might be FOREVER
Reviewed on September 12, 2015

I added this to enhance BP effectiveness for persistent adult acne. Acne has been gone for years but this AHA -- I use it once or twice a week all over to smooth, exfoliate and fight dry, aging skin from my face to my feet. The price is right and the ingredients are non-comedogenic. Customer for life, here.

AHA+ cured my bacne
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

This stuff really works - here's my experience with it. I had persistent back acne that started up at about age 14, eventually becoming more severe, with cysts on my shoulders and light acne on my lower back and chest. I tried various body washes and scrubs that didn't have much of an effect, and briefly tried the AHA+/BP routine, but had to stop using it because the BP was bleaching my clothes.

Finally about six months ago, still dealing with active acne and residual scarring all over my upper back, I decided to give the AHA+ another go. Although I only used it once every other day after showering (versus 2x a day as per the regimen), I quickly began to notice a difference in the texture of my skin. The change was slow - don't expect results overnight, or even in 2 weeks. However, eventually my active acne decreased dramatically, down to 2 or 3 spots instead of 20-30, and the scars began to fade. Fast forward to this summer and my back looks better than I ever thought it would, clear of acne and relatively smooth. I was even able to wear a bridesmaids dress in my friend's wedding - the first time in 7 or 8 years that I had been able to show my shoulders in public. While I don't consider myself "healed" of the internal causes of my acne, AHA has given me skin that I don't have to be embarrassed of, and I could not be happier with it. Thank you Dan!

Tips for use: As a side note, AHA can be somewhat tricky to use, since it is a thick lotion and absorbs slowly. The routine that has worked best for me is to use Dan's cleanser in the shower to clear my pores, then gently towel dry and use a hairdryer on my back to get it as dry as possible. This helps the AHA absorb faster, since there's no water in your skin/pores. Then after applying about 2 pumps and rubbing it in gently, I use the hairdryer again for a few seconds to help speed along the drying process. After putting on AHA, I recommend wearing a shirt you don't care about, like an oversized T. It takes about an hour for the AHA to completely absorb, and it can leave a yellow residue on shirts.

a little goes a long way
Reviewed on August 6, 2015

It's been two months since I started using glycolic acid once a day and my skin is significantly more well-behaved and clear. My scars (from picking - you can pop, but DON'T pick) are also disappearing. I'm 26 years old and had moderate acne due mostly to overly sensitive skin (it's usually on the side of my face that I sleep on).

My personal regimen is: Neutrogena Acne Cream Wash with salicylic acid (no exfoliating beads, that's just more irritation) in the morning. Then I mix a tiny amount of glycolic acid - I'm talking like half a pea here - in with Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Lotion and apply to my whole face except close to my eyes and lips. The ratio that works for me is such that I hardly feel the glycolic acid "tingle." If I use too much, my skin freaks out. There is a happy medium in there somewhere. I never put it on directly, except maybe as an occasional spot treatment. Wear sunscreen if necessary. Before bed, I do another salicylic cream wash. Everything I put on my face is non-comedogenic.

Overall I feel SO much better about my skin; the only time I ever really break out is just a little during my cycle. It's calmer and less volatile. I just had to find a gentle, consistent routine with the right medicated products and my skin fell into line. Try it!

P.S. I have a slightly bizarre presentation of seasonal allergies - they trigger eczema on and around my eyelids. If you have eczema, make sure glycolic acid goes nowhere near it; the last thing that skin needs is even more exfoliation.

Definitely works but burns skin and corrodes plastic (it will ruin your glasses.)
Reviewed on July 29, 2015

First of all, I use about 1/4 to 1/2 the recommended amount. I think they recommend you use a lot so you have to buy more. A little goes a long way, especially when mixed with moisturizer.

I was having okay results with the Regimen and got the glycolic acid to try to kick it up a notch. It definitely worked! I get less acne than before and the acne I do get heals faster. It doesn't seem to help wit hyperpigmentation though.

The reason I can't give this 5/5 is because there was no warning that it's corrosive to plastic. DO NOT wear your glasses until this stuff is *completely* absorbed into your skin. My black frames now have disgusting white and yellow bubbles all over the parts that touch my face. Frames are expensive and are meant to last years, now I can't even wear mine to work.

Also, it is turning my eyebrows blonde at the tips, it looks weird but I don't care because my acne is better.

Great dupe for high end AHA+
Reviewed on July 16, 2015

I have been dabbling in the realm of acids by collecting various samples from Sephora, for example the night invigorating gel from Ole Hendriksen and the Peter Thomas AHA cream. Both are very good but quite pricey, so I started doing more research and found this one, and I couldn't say no to the price. I bought the travel size since I wanted to just try it out along with the moisturizer from this site, and with shipping it came to only $30! Which is still cheaper than one of the products from Sephora. I was scared it was going to break me out or be too harsh on my skin as I am with any product I try. But to my surprise it was quite gentle, it didn't even turn my face red!

Obviously it is best to apply a moisturizer on top since this is a treatment. I even wore this at night when I went to the beach for a weekend and my skin was fine (I did apply this only at night and applied sunscreen during the day). It has been a long time since I've seen my skin with such a nice texture. Now I'm just waiting for my hyperpigmentation to fade. I recommend that you try it out, everyone has different skin so I'm not saying it is fool proof but I'm lucky it works so well for me.