Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 294 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC

Oily skin, big pores, hormonal acne, hyper pigmentation
Reviewed on November 4, 2014

Ever since I hit 20 I have been suffering from hormonal breakouts (at first I had lots and lots on my cheeks which has left me with hyper pigmentation). I have treated my acne with eating healthy and natural, topical things like black african soap and turmeric. I still get pimples, but I am stuck with a uneven skin tone and hyper pigmentation which makes my skin look far worse than it actually is! Turmeric and lemon juice has helped lighten the marks but I just need that one kick to help my skin. I have oily skin and big pores, so my face is prone to acne if I wear makeup or irritate it. I stumbled upon AHA while searching about hyper pigmentation...I had never heard of it before and actually thought the price of this AHA+ was pretty expensive, but it was worth a go if all the reviews were so good, right!? Last night was my third night wearing it. I was expecting it to sting my face like a lot of the other reviewers said, but it hasn't. My skin seems to like it. When I wake up, my skin looks so much better. It's calmed the pimples I had from a week of eating junk food. My skin looks more even! I'm only giving it 4 stars because I'm only on day 3. But I will update later and let you know if it's changed my skin and helped the red spots disappear! So far I'm loving it. I really hope this is everything I've been looking for!

by amy27 on 11/18/2014 17:09
2 weeks later, your thoughts? :)
by H53913 on 12/13/2014 04:26
Sorry for the late response! I have been using this about 2-4 times a week. If I have a pimple, I'll put this on at night and in the morning my skin is usually healed about 80%! It's worked pretty well for me! If your debating whether or not to try it, I'd give it a chance. I was not expecting it to work so well for me, but it has! I definitely noticed an improvement with my hyper pigmentation. It's not completely gone but it's getting there. I will be buying this again :)
by H53913 on 12/13/2014 04:30
Oh and just to clarify, when I put it on I don't use it as a spot treatment, I just put it all over my face, like a face lotion. Makes my face much smoother looking!
A great addition to BP
Reviewed on November 2, 2014

I started using this AHA about 6-8 months ago to supplement Dan's BP. I purchased it, as I was looking to lessen the pigmentation and discoloration from my cystic acne that was still lingering. Although I didn't notice that the AHA did much to help the pigmentation (that went away on its own over time), I still highly recommend this product for 3 reasons:

1. It gives my face an overall healthy glow that people have commented on since I started to use it.

2. I use it as a spot treatment if a pimple starts and it crushes it in its tracks.

3. I have just started using it half and half w/ my Oil of Olay and I love the way it feels as an overall moisturizer.

To note: this may sting a bit when you first use it so don't go overkill on the quantity and I do notice that my face will sunburn quicker w/ this on so use caution.

Worth it
Reviewed on October 14, 2014

Gets rid of most (85%) of my severe acne. Worth a try.

Its good buy it!
Reviewed on October 13, 2014

I was initially really hesitant to add this to my routine (I have been following Daniel Kerns 3-Step system, but only using it in the evenings with a light moisturizer in the morning), but I can say it has made a huge difference! The flakiness that I was experiencing is drastically reduced and my skin tone is more even overall. Its not going to give you perfect skin, but it will help! ONE THING, I mix this 50/50 with Daniel Kern's moisturizer. I feel like this is the reason I have not had bad reactions to this product. Also, DO NOT GET NEAR YOUR EYES. It will be bad!

Love it
Reviewed on September 30, 2014

I've been using this for about 4 months now. It's great. Gets rid of all of my dry skin. It does burn the majority of the days I use it, but I can deal with it. I also feel like my hyperpigmintation is slowly fading since I started using this.

Not for my skin
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

I was so excited about this product but unfortunately my skin did not agree with it. It seemed to reverse the progress achieved from using the Benzyl Peroxide. Little rashes all over my skin, totally broke me out....

Perfection!
Reviewed on August 5, 2014

The results are amazing. It gets rid of flakes, moisturizes, gives me a healthy glow, fades scars, and just makes my skin go from Pasty to Porcelain. I started off mixing a pea size amount to my moisturizer and built up to where I can use a full finer length. Please try this if you already are using the rest of the Regimen! It's also an amazing spot treatment. Dab an extra amount on the active zits at night and they'll be GONE by morning! The texture is amazing too. It is soothing and feels nice going on after the BP. The light, silky products soaks in quickly. You will feel a little burning your first few days of using it. Don't let it scare you. The results will be amazing skin and that side affect goes away after using this a week or two.

Take you skin from clearing up to
Reviewed on July 12, 2014

This is the comment a co-worker gave me today, she asked me, "What are you doing with you skin?? It looks sooo great, like porcelain!"

This is the very first time in my life during my 18 year journey of acne have I ever been complemented on my skin.

I knew right away I had to write a review on the AHA+ product. This is the key to taking my skin to where I want it to be. I have only been using the AHA for about 1.5-2 weeks now. But it has evened out my skin tone, flattened my skin indefinitely, and has gotten rid of a lot of gunk.

I encourage you to use this product along side the benzoyl peroxide. But I think that you should apply the AHA after you are clearing up. The AHA works as a scar treatment/skin evener.

Great product. 5/5

Uh
Reviewed on June 25, 2014

I've been looking for treatments for years. I've had success with some but discontinued use because it got so expensive. I've tried all the major OTC, popular brands, even prescriptions. I have to treat face, back and chest. And I don't over use anything, either. I always follow the products' instructions. And the products usually work, but they run out so quickly! I was hooked on wanting to use The Regimen until I saw the price! Jesus. How long does this stuff last? Can anyone tell me? I want clear skin, but not for $80 a month. I'm 17, middle class. I've got a car to pay for. How can I afford that?

by scggh6 on 06/26/2014 04:01
The 3-step regimen is only $44, and I find that it's lasting me around 6 weeks rather than a month.
by trickblu on 07/09/2014 18:03
To add to scggh6's comment -- It's also important to remember that every person is different. Some people need the full application of the regimen, twice a day. Others only need apply once a day or in smaller doses to see results. It all depends on how your body reacts to the products. My 16 oz. regimen products last for months at a time because I fall into the second category. I probably spend about $150 per year at most.
Just started out.
Reviewed on June 20, 2014

Hello Everyone,

So, I have been on the regimen for years, but decided to begin using the AHA to help even my skin tone, and help clear some hyperpigmentation. So I have been the acne.org products using half AHA and Moisturizer at night for a week now, and noticed today that my face is really itchy. So, now I am getting a bit nervous, should I tone down on the AHA, or stop using all together for a few days? Anyone else experience this advice would help, thank you.

by TadderAnne on 08/18/2014 10:40
The itchiness generally comes from dry skin. I'd say that's pretty normal for just starting out with AHA. As long as it isn't severe and /or causing intense redness or causing you to itch and irritate your skin, I'd say you're fine. Otherwise, try alternating the half moisturizer and half AHA with just your moisturizer every other night. Do what works for you! I would caution you against stopping any acne treatment based on minor skin irritation like itchiness or burning. That's just how it goes until your skin adjusts and you may miss out on clear skin if you don't give it the "break-in" period it needs. Good luck!