Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%) reviews

4.4/5 - 350 reviews

Brand: Acne.org

Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

6 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
16 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)
updated: 01/01/1970 00:00 UTC
3.4 oz. AHA+ (10% Glycolic Acid + Licochalcone)

Mixed with Acne.org Moisturizer and Neutrogena Sunscreen
Reviewed on June 22, 2016

Acne.org Moisturizer and AHA+ are slightly thick when used by themselves but thin out to a milk-like consistency when mixed. It's much more easily applied this way, so irritation is reduced. It glides right over your skin without clumping up with any of the underlying benzoyl peroxide, as some moisturizers do. This mixture quickly absorbs and leaves a nice matte finish. Still doesn't take care of flakiness completely, though, so 4 stars.

I read that the pH rises after mixing (it becomes buffered/less acidic), so daily use isn't a problem. Too much AHA actually can increase dryness and flakiness, but this provides just enough so that your skin renews without the harsh effects of chemical-peels and stronger AHA products. Since I do this in the morning, I add in a quarter-size amount of liquid sunscreen by Neutrogena right into my palm before mixing. Look for products like this in their Ultra Sheer or Clear Face range to use in this combination.

Excellent product! I use it on my face or body everyday.
Reviewed on September 11, 2016

Excellent product! I use it on my face or body everyday. Or as needed.

Gradual improvement was visible in just a few weeks
Reviewed on September 8, 2016

After a few weeks, there was a visible and positive change on my skin. Acne scars lightened and my skin began clearing up

Definitely add to your Regimen
Reviewed on August 29, 2016

Glycolic Acid is like magic. I suffer of cystic acne and my skin is very sensitive, I started using BP-2.5% and my skin went totally dry and flaky during the first month, however this improved by week 6 and then I gave the chance to AHA+ in my Regimen and that was when the magic really happened. I recommend to go easy on it and use it as per video and only 3 times a week the most to begin with, then just weekly :) ... skin clears up very nicely.

Add to Your Regimen! Makes a HUGE difference.
Reviewed on August 10, 2016

The Regimen changed my life and the way I feel about myself!

I came back from a year long backpacking trip where my skin completely cleared up and when I came home into a very stressful situation (my dad passed away) my already acne prone skin flared up with intensity. I had cystic acne on my cheeks and jawline (at least 5-10 at a time). I had acne under my skin on my forehead, a lot of little bumps around my temples, and pimples I could sometimes pop on my inner cheeks next to my nose. I tried Aczone and Adapalene but neither worked and they made my skin look really dull. I finally stumbled across Acne.org Regimen in December of 2015 so I've been using it for 8 or 9 months now. The first two months were hard. I had really dry, red skin but I could tell that my skin was healing. By month 5 & 6 my forehead and inner cheek acne almost completely disappeared besides the occasional break out. My cystic acne was stubborn but I can say now that I have not had 1 cystic break out for at least 2 months! I added AHA to my regimen about 5 months after starting the Regimen and I feel like that made a huge difference. I mix it with the lotion every night equal parts.

I am so happy and confident with my skin now! It is completely clear! I cannot express enough that you need to give the Regimen time to heal your acne! The longer I stay on it the more beautiful my skin is. The only thing I have now is a little bit of scarring and dark marks that I can easily cover with makeup. I use Bare Minerals complexion rescue which has never made me break out and is really light weight! Please try to Regimen & stick with it if you're struggling with acne! It will change your life.

made red bumps
Reviewed on August 9, 2016

i tried the aha on my face as a once a week treatment two times a day and my skin turned red raw and the only normal part of my skin tone was around my mouth but my cheeks, forehead and chin where inflamed now i did the skin test so goodness knows whats happening with my skin right now been using it for 3 months the acne regimen and its just made me forehead dry and wrinkle i have wrinkles on my forehead that i never had before!!! i slather the moisturiser but it just doesnt help. i really thought that this would help with my acne regimen but i tried to do the bp wait till it dries then aha for pimples that might be coming through and my red acne scars without using bp on them i went to take off the aha and i saw where i had placed the aha it made raised bumps of my skin like if i was to be stung by a stinging nettle. i wasn't sure of what happened i placed one part aha and bp after each other as directed for the pimple and it made 2 pores widen and made my pores leak out clear fluid. it had raised up my acne scars and caused them to be even more prominent than when i hadn't done anything now my cheeks where the cystic acne scars are have now been raised and i look like ive rubbed my face with a nettle leaf. really really dissapointed with this product. just anyone who tries this be careful i wouldnt want others to go through what ive got to deal with now!!!!

by Coutt on 08/23/2016 04:44
If you read the instructions it clearly states to use the AHA 2-3 a week, not twice a day. Then it says to alternately mix the AHA with the moisturizer. This specific pruduct is for advanced treatment which is not the same as their other products.
Idk
Reviewed on August 7, 2016

did anyone break out when they first started using aha?

by BellMari on 08/20/2016 02:01
Hi! I've been using for about 3-4 months! at first I did "breakout" but not bad breakouts like big cystic or big pimples. just small bumps of puss coming to the surface, although I didnt really have any pimple on its way so maybe its your case. But I noticed that what the product does is as they say exfoliate and bring "new skin faster" So by doing that it clears/ brings the bad out. I often get tiny tiny pores clearing out a little bump with this product, in a few days it would be at the surface and dry and eventually "fall" lol. I dont know if that helps
by Coutt on 08/23/2016 04:47
Yes I just started and I am breaking out but just a little. You shouldn't worry about though unless it's a huge problem area or irritated badly.
Love it.
Reviewed on July 29, 2016

I have been doing a routine of Cetaphil (and off-brand knock-offs) cleanser and moisturizer, with benzoyl peroxide, for years. My skin goes through cycles of break-outs and clear patches, usually settling somewhere in-between. I'd never heard of AHA, but I read up on it and decided to try it. I've been using it about 3 weeks, and I love it. I still get some spots, but overall, my skin is a lot clearer. My face looks really fresh, and some days my skin is almost glowing. I'm definitely going to keep using it 2-3x/week, and next I think I'll try adding a retinol moisturizer, because I've read good reviews of that as well.

Is it safe to use while pregnant
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

Can you use this product if you pregnant? I stopped using it when I found out am pregnant but am in my secon trimester and my acne is acting out (not planning to do anything about that) but can I still use this product to clear my hyper pigmentation if it is safe?

by SalesGirl on 08/06/2016 05:44
You should email them the question I once had a question and they answered the next day
Very bad!
Reviewed on July 18, 2016

This is an awful product. My skin had a very bad reaction to it and I would NOT recommend it. It causes irritation and redness and increases acne.

by BellMari on 08/20/2016 02:03
did you try starting slowly by mixing it with a moisturizer so its less concentrate? Also they recommend not starting using this when you have active acne. You should try to contain your acne and start when its better...
by BellMari on 08/20/2016 02:03