Acanya Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%) Gel reviews

4.2/5 - 40 reviews

Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Purified water, carbomer 980, propylene glycol, and potassium hydroxide.

Loved this: Takes two months to see results you want, but stick with it!
Reviewed on March 30, 2014

I think this product is a really good combo of a light benzol peroxide and clindamycin. I had pretty bad acne suddenly and was prescribed this to apply at night, and with a good moisturizer and simple face wash, this really helped clear me up. My derm has switched me to differin and tretinocin 0.025% (to apparently help me off of Doxy), and I hope it works as effectively as this cream.

Drastic Results Already
Reviewed on November 18, 2013

I started this using on my face about a week ago and have already noticed a change. I wash twice a day with cetaphil DermaControl wash and moisturize with the cetaphil DermaControl moisturizer. To fade the dark marks my dermatologist prescribed a Hydroquinone and fluocinolone acetonide.

Not for Sensitive Skin
Reviewed on August 19, 2013

I have been using Acanya Gel for two months now. Within the first two weeks I immediately noticed that the mild acne I have was starting to clear up and I was starting to feel better about myself. However, by the start of week three my face became so dry and flaky that I was applying my Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizer three times a day.; I was also in a lot of pain. I took two nights off of the Gel to recover and that helped some.

Just before week five my acne started to return as it was before I started treatment and since then it hasn't gone away. Also, since starting the Acanya Gel my face has been dryer than before and I have been needing to apply more moisturizer in the morning than normal.

Daily Facial Care Routine:

AM - Lightly exfoliate with Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser (Sensitive Skin) > Moisturize with either Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF 15 or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiance Cream SPF 15

PM - Wash with Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser (Sensitive Skin) > Apply pea sized amount of Acanya Gel evenly to face.

[Note: There is no acne medication in the Clean and Clear Foaming Cleanser.]

Before I started using the Acanya Gel the dryness and sensitivity that I experienced seemed to be normal and manageable with the products that I am currently using, though not anymore. I have recently seen my dermatologist and will now be discontinuing the Acanya Gel and instead will be trying Tretin-X.. It has also been suggest to me that I switch to either Cetaphil or CeraVe products; the suggestion is being taken into consideration.

Acanya works!
Reviewed on June 27, 2013

Acanya has worked wonderfully! I have been using Acanya for about two years and only one bottle lasts me 6 months!! It only takes a couple weeks to work and at first dries out your skin, but after the first month I noticed such an improvement!! I've had moderate to severe acne for a while now, and with Acanya all of it cleared up on my forehead, nose and chin, and with only one or two stubborn ones left on my cheeks every so often. I recently just ran out of my bottle and haven't had time to refill and am dying to get to the pharmacist! I use very expensive facewashes and nothing has compared. Plus if you get their coupon card on their website it is very affordable-especially for lasting me 6 months!!

by TheMrLamiz on 04/21/2014 12:50
You have been using one bottle of Acanya for 6 months? The prescription information states that the gel expires 10 weeks after opening. I had to get refills every 10 weeks.
Reviewed on March 11, 2013

Better form of BP for those who don't tolerate high doses.

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

Noticed a big difference on my forehead after one day! After 3 days my chin and cheeks started to clear up, then started to itch, then burn, then turned completely white from dry skin, then got red and swollen with massive bumps all over the place. Turns out I'm allergic to Benzol Peroxide... yay... I recommend testing it on a small area of skin just so you know what your skin's normal reaction will be.

Reviewed on December 24, 2012

After five days of use I saw drastic results. The only effective product I've ever used. I've had acne for almost ten years and this is the only time I've been without it.

Reviewed on October 25, 2012

Started using this a week ago today, I already see results, I have not had the cystic acne that i was suffering from and on my cheeks i had red scaring that is now gone and i had a ton of black heads on my chin that are gone, just from one week! i have tried everything! i am very impressed with this product and recommend it. Not everything works for everyone though, I found that out the hard way of trying everything I saw on tv or heard from people. Try this, can't hurt.

Reviewed on September 22, 2012

This is the only thing that has kept my acne at bay completely! Ive tried proactiv, stress control kit, exposed, antibiotics, pretty much anything you can think of! I was going through the worst breakout ive ever had and went to the derm and got this prescribed! What an amazing product, takes about two weeks to see good results but it has changed my life! I use it with cetaphil and moisturize with CeraVe and morning and night. I used to be on a strict diet to control my acne but now I eat whatever I want and my face stays clear! Hope this helps

Reviewed on July 27, 2012

I have been using this product for 2 weeks and I have noticed a difference: Before I started, I was waking up with new pimples every day and getting really anxious. Ever since I started using this medicine I no longer wake up with new pimples. But, at the same time, it had not completely cleared my skin and does absolutely nothing for scars. It has only been two weeks so I'm pretty happy so far. I do notice that my skin is drier and makeup does look a bit cake but its not as drying as Duac.