20 Mule Team Borax reviews

3.7/5 - 3 reviews

Brand: 20 Mule Team

20 Mule Team Borax

99.5% Pure Borax, 0.5% Trace Minerals.

Worked
Reviewed on November 18, 2016

Have had acne and rosacea for over 13 years, nothing has ever worked or worked slightly with severe side effects.

This works.

In a glass bottle, I dissolve borax in cool tap water until no more borax will dissolve. I'm sure less would still work if that's too drying.

In the morning, I dampen a cloth with the borax solution and clean my face with that and do not rinse with water.

At night, I remove my make up with sunflower oil and wipe that off with a clean, dry cloth.

Then use the borax solution as a toner, do not rinse.

I do not use any water straight from the tap on my face, only sunflower oil and the borax solution.

This cleared my skin in 2-3 days. Wish I tried this a long time ago.

I'll update if it stops working, but it just works a lot different than anything else I've tried, my skin is really calm feeling.

Halina, Delaware
Reviewed on September 15, 2012

After one month, I'm still undecided in this. My cystic acne has improved a bit, but not as dramatically as I'd hoped.

I started off trying to use the sodium borate with water in my hand to make a scrub. OUCH. That didn't feel so hot. Way too abrasive.

I settled on creating my own mixture of sodium borate, glycerin, jojoba oil, and some tea tree oil in a glass bottle with a lid. Did I measure stuff out? No, but I did about half and half of jojoba and glycerin to start....then, I added a few drops of tea tree. Then, in a separate bowl, I mixed the borax with water (as much borax as would dissolve in as little water as possible). Added this to the mix.

It makes my face quite soft, which is great. Still nsure about acne reduction, though. Still worth a try at only $4! And you'll get a ten-year supply, too. The box is gigantic.

Also, bonus: if it doesn't help your acne, use it in your washing machine for ultra-soft laundry.

Halina, Delaware
Reviewed on August 3, 2012

I just used this for the first time...and I'm leaving a review only because there were NO other reviews for this! I'll report back in a week, too.

The stuff is cheap, although it admittedly feels a little weird buying something from the laundry aisle for my face. That said, it was only $4 for a gigantic box that should last me about a year.

I mixed the Borax with water in my hand and applied it to my face. I couldn't scrub with it because it felt too harsh and abrasive. I left it on for about twenty seconds and then rinsed.

So far, I can say this: it doesn't burn and my skin is pretty soft after using it.