Overall rating: 4.3 / 5

Recommended by 74% of visitors

Average price: $16.95

Most helpful review

By Christine, CA on 08/31/2012

I have VERRRY acne prone skin. I use this product along with a 30% glycolic acid serum daily and I do a home chemical peel (glycolic acid/salicylic acid) weekly and I never break out anymore. I struggled with acne every since I was 12 and finally conquered it at the age of 22. EMU OIL IS DOES NOT CLOG PORES. Use only certified pure emu oil and use only products that does not contain ingredients that will irritate your skin..

Pros:
  • Reduces inflammation, absorbs pretty quickly, leaves skin soft, helps acne redness, DOES NOT clog pores (do your research people!)
Cons:
  • Texture is oily so use sparingly!

25 out of 39 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I bought "Thunderridge" Emu Oil from Vitamin World for about 20~ dollars.

Emu Oil, even though it has beneficial vitamins (vitamin E, etc.) in it, it is obviously an OIL. It is an animal byproduct that's similar to human sebum. Think about it. If sebum causes pimples, would you put vitamin-filled sebum on your face? Of course not. For some people, this may work, just like the "oil-cleansing" method for face-washing. But even though it has vitamins, you are essential putting an OIL on your face to get rid of acne, which is CAUSED BY OIL.

Every product I've began using that I read about on Acne.org always helped me. This product had the trend of "got rid of acne scars!", or "made redness go down!". Trust me, it doesn't do either. Not only did I horribly break out, my pimples were even redder than usual! I continued using this, just in case my skin was just "purging". Nope, it got worse.

Pros

• For the first few days, it left my skin feeling smooth and my I was told I had a glowing health to my skin.

Cons

• Greasy.
  • Broke me out after a week of use.
  • The pimples that went away from my break-out left bad scars.
  • Expensive.
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 20
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Hands down try this. 100% satisfied!

Pros

• I love this stuff. I bought from Botanic choice, (which is in the main picture). Its amazing. Not only does it help with any dryness you have and is a great moisturizer, it really does help clear red marks! It takes a little time but its sooo worth it. 2 weeks and I was clear! It helps with any redness you have on your face. Just shake the bottle, and apply. Can also apply to your hair to give it a nice shine, onto cuts and bruises, and even stretch marks if you have any!

Cons

• Not really for day use, as your face willl look greasy and oily.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 9.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

okay so i was using olive oil to wash my face, followed by goats milk soap... then i tried jojoba oil... it was alright.. but then i tired emu oil WOW the difference is Huge. check out my log to see the pictures. i'm currently on week 6 of my accutane treatment, and i flared up like no tomorrow with the first 5 weeks. BAD cystic acne like i've never ever experienced before. lots of PIH and itchy scaly messy skin. i would call it angry skin. anyway i started using emu oil and in just this one week i have massive improvement, its actually a little bit unbelievable how much. i thought using any product to 'cure' acne was hocus pocus BS, but my skin tone, hydration, rosacea, dryness from accutane etc have all been greatly improved. not kidding i would say its a 180 turnaround, and that definitely has something to do with the emu oil. red marks are fading so fast, who would have thought.. :) i would not hesitate in the slightest to recommend this its been my Holy Grail.

good luck!

Pros

• absolutely brilliant.

Cons

• not a single one..
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks

By on

I used the pure emu oil.

I had random bumps show up on my body, on my thighs, breast, and bikini area (from shaving). The bumps flatened out like regular pimples do, and they left a pinkish red scar. I put the emu oil on it, and rubbed it in really good and now there is no scar at all.

It was a new fresh scar so maybe thats why.

I haven't used it on my old scars long enough to tell but it really works on new scars. They are completely 100% gone!

Pros

• got rid of acne scars

Cons

• nothing
  • very light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 20

By on

THis stuff is amazing. nuff said.

Pros

• gets rid of my acne. i also have really oily skin and this has helped so much.

Cons

• It has a kinda nasty greasy feel.
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Today I've used it for exacly a month, applied every morning and evening. It has cleared up a lot of my red marks (idk how many, though), and made my skintone more even. I really like it as a moisturizer-- Blah blah blah, check "Pros", that should be enough :).

Pros

• Reduces redness
  • Helps speeding up the process of fading the red marks (I have only the stubborn ones left, which may seem like, to other people, that it "stopped working", but these marks are older, and therefore takes longer time to fade)
  • It's cheap compared to other products
  • It doesn't break me out
  • Good moisturizer
  • Natural
  • Can also be used on bug bites, wounds and more

Cons

• Can seem a bit thick and oily, but that's only if you use too much at the time. A little goes a long way :)
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 22.8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product is a must for me!! I am in my early twenties and never had severe acne but when I do get zits they are the big nasty nodular/cystic ones that hurt, last a long time, and seem to show up at the worst times. I only get them on my chin and other than that I have blackheads on my nose but my face is pretty clear otherwise. I dab the pesky ones with emu oil after I wash my face before I put on makeup form the time I feel one coming in and throughout the healing process. If you are the kind of person who can't help but pick at your pimples -- this product will help with the healing and scarring and get rid of flaking that might occur. I haven't really used emu oil for any of its many other medicinal purposes but for this -- emu oil is incredible!

Pros

• This product is a necessity for me. With it's anti-inflammatory properties I have found that applying emu oil to my large cystic pimples causes the swelling to go down noticeably and quickly and also reduces redness. It's also antibacterial! It helps your zits heal faster and gets rid of the horrible scarring which can make a zit seem like it lasts for wayy longer!

Cons

• Some reviews have said that this product is not non-comedogenic, but I haven't noticed any breakouts caused by this product.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 25
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It's inexpensive and maybe if you have really light scarring this could help you, but otherwise it only works for a couple weeks and then you will not see any improvement beyond that. Also, I have not had any breakouts from it.

Pros

• Inexpensive, fades red/ dark marks some

Cons

• Will only work to a certain extent, in my case, a few weeks
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i dabbed some of this on my red marks and rub in slightly then left the rest to sink in on its own and this seemed to work best of all. The only bad thing is that it looks greasy on your face so you can only do treatment in the house...but who cares it KILLS red marks in hours!!!! plz try this

Pros

• it reduced week old red marks by 95% in hours and reduced old red marks by this amount within a few days. This is the bed red mark treatment i have ever used.

Cons

• Looks greasy on skin
  • light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The product I used was from a local health store, the bottle was small and i went through two in around 2 and a half months. At first I was seing results, I would apply the oil after I'd showered in the evening, that way my face wouldn't be too oily by time i went to bed. After around a week and a half the positive effects got less noticeable and the redness was back. This product will not heal scars but simply make them appear reduced for a period of time. Overall it didnt work great for me, it may be worth a try for others. I certainly wouldnt recommend this until yur acne has cleared up due to the oilyness of the product. I will put the recommended at No due to personnel results but it may be worth a try for people out there who want the skin to look temporarily smoother and less red.

Pros

• Helped reduce redness temporarily but after a week or two the effects seemed to stop

Cons

• I know im stating the obvious but the product is very oily and can clog pores and cause breakouts, also can only be applied at home.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 30
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.