Page 2 of Emu Oil reviews

4.3/5 - 82 reviews

100% Emu Oil.

Reviewed on March 12, 2012

Amazing. Anti-inflammatory properties shrink existing pimples while conditioning the skin resulting in decreased scarring. Bought mine on eBay (triple refined). Quality ranges so go big to make sure you get a good product.

Reviewed on March 2, 2012

I recently bought myself a 1 oz bottle of triple refined emu oil from a power seller off of Ebay after a few weeks of research.

My acne has subsided quite a lot, with the occasional flare ups but I have a lot of scars left to heal as I have a bad tendency to pick at any imperfection. So far I'm impressed with how this product reduces the red marks left from acne and helps to heal my skin.

I recently went back to using Retin A Micro which I had a hard time continuing previously due to all the irritation. Right now, I put the retin on my face, wait 20 mins then apply Emu Oil. It's really helped reduce the redness and flakeyness PLUS it helps bring the medication deeper into my skin. Very happy with the results so far, I think the combo has finally become a staple to my routine :)

Be careful when you decide to purchase this stuff though. Buy through a reputable seller and you'll be happy.

Reviewed on December 19, 2011

I bought mine from ebay from a top rated seller. I didn't have any expectations for this product but bought it anyway since I read so many raves about this product on acne and since it wasn't that expensive.

I'm so glad I gave in into the hype. I have really oily T zone and I was skeptical about applying an oil onto my face. This didn't clog my pores and actually made my skin less oily.

I have been using this for about two weeks and so far I like what I'm seeing. I heard this does a great job on acne scars as well but I haven't seen too major of an improvement so we will see in another couple of weeks.

Definitely try this product it wouldn't hurt!!

Since this isn't a cure-all product, don't subsitute this product for your normal acne-treatments. Good luck ppl!

Reviewed on November 21, 2011

Been using a few weeks. I had horrible acne all over my cheeks, this went away using BP, now I have dreaded scars... Looks just ew. Lemon juice didnt do much for me, was alright for spots. Anyway, i have seen a reduction in the size of my scars since 2 weeks ago, and so hopefully, i will update later, they will go completely soon. It has given me the odd spot, may have been a coinkydink? which i have tried to use BP for, the two don't really mix as the oil spreads away the BP. Use it as often as u want, best time is overnight... Your skin heals best between 2-3am! Wondering how it works on scars? It penetrates through all 7 layers of skin to heal scars from the source, it contains these important substances:

Omega 3,6,9 vital fatty acids

Sapogens (skin softener)

Vits E and A moisturise and are anti-inflametry.. Also anti aging :0.

Reviewed on November 3, 2011

I don't break out often but when i do it always leaves red scars that take about 1 year to go away. Of course in the meanwhile i get new pimples and so it is a never ending cycle. The thing that i have realized that really works for me is to use apple cider vinegar as a toner once a day, and to use emu oil (mixed with two drops of 28,000 IU of vitamin E) as a lotion, usually at night I wipe off the emu oil after 15 mins because its so greasy, but dont wash it off. I've noticed that in the morning my skin is glowing and the red scars look noticeably less red. My scars havent gone away yet but since emu oil actually helps to reduce breakouts, i hope to be scar free in the new year!

Reviewed on October 14, 2011

After buying 100% emu oil and rubbing it on my acne and trauma scars, i felt like it improved but after several days of usage, realized it could be a placebo from viewing the scar region right after rubbing with any moisturizer. after applying for 2 days, had a breakout but continued to consistently used it. after 2 weeks, I attempted to have a fresh, unbiased view of treated areas and realized nothing changed.

Reviewed on August 26, 2011

I've been dying for a good moisturizer that could clear my face up, and this is it. Do not be offended by the smell, or greesy feel because it's only going to be as bad of an experiance as you make it. I got used to putting on the oil quite quickly, after 3 days it didn't bother me at all and I left my house many times wearing only the oil and got many compliments how shiny and glowing my face was. I did get an intial break out at first, but like any antioxidant it's going to push out the toxins that were later going to form pimples anyway. The pimples I did get were very gentle, and healed quicker the more I used the product. Now it's only been a week of using just the oil and bp face wash, and I'm starting to throw out my fears of having constant acne and major scarring. I didnt pay anything for it becuase I found it at my grandmothers house.

Reviewed on July 27, 2011

It is also supposed to reduce potential scarring from acne, but I can't vouch for it.

Paid around $20-30 (not sure about the exact price) for 8 fl oz or 225 ml.

Can't wear this stuff when you go out, but I still give this a 5 rating since I don't go out often ;)

Reviewed on June 14, 2011

I use this every other night and on the other nights I use my Retin-A. (I had severe cystic acne and now I have maybe one or two small pimples) My acne was caused due to having an Implanon which is a form of birth control so I know having that out alone has dramatically been the result of my body not producing anymore cysts or as much acne and I am also now on Yaz which I would say has helped as well.

NOTE* Make sure the emu oil you buy is 100% emu oil

When I use the emu oil I always wake up and can notice significant reduction in redness and there are never any scabs over the acne that is healing. It makes it easier to use makeup and it not look caked on or flaky because of the scabs. The Retin-A I use because my doctor prescribed it and I want to give it a chance for about another month to help in accelerating the healing process. I feel like the Retin-A takes away layers of the surface scaring since there is always a thin scab over it after using it and letting it do its magic, I don't like that because then I dont wan to wear makeup and it makes me want to pick at it. I like the Emu oil because I always notice my face just looks better and it as well helps in reducing breakouts too and the scaring! I know its a slow process but I know this is working!

Reviewed on March 21, 2011

Before I used emu oil, my skin had finally began to clear and smooth out. I had been using rosehip oil that had really reduced the redness and made my skin smooth and glowier than usual and then I used the Diana Stalder acne kit which seemed to be working ok and it was all going so well....

Until.... I was tempted by the many reviews saying how much of a miracle emu oil is etc etc and starting getting this idea that it would speed up my skin healing process and give me beautiful skin. So I went out and spent $22 on this.

That night I was so excited, I used a small amount, about 2 drops and massaged it into my skin and I went to bed. The next morning I woke up and ran to the mirror smiling thinking I would see something great. But the face that stared back at me was extremely congested, red and blotchy and horrified. OMG I could have died. The months of clearing my face, all gone down the drain. It looks and feels like every pore on my face is clogged and I've got patches of red angry pimples and tiny little bumps everywhere. And the rosehip oil and diana stalder stuff don't seem to be working after this!! NOOOO!!!

Anwyway I used some on my hair and it made it softer and my leg... but that's really not why I bought it, so I give it a 1.